Game Introduction – Drakensang Online
Drakensang Online is an action RPG from Bigpoint, and is playable in your browser. As a freedom fighter, it is your duty to bring freedom to your people and for the world. Freedom fighting is tiresome, and often difficult, but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have no problem getting going.
Quick Start Guide
- The first action we’ll need to take to start playing Drakensang Online is to head over to the game’s official website. Click the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen to go there now.
- Once you’ve arrived at the website, you’ll need to create a game account before you can play. Click on the large button labeled “Register For Free Here” to create your account. You’ll need to fill in information such as your email address and date of birth. Click on Register when you have filled out the form entirely.
- Once logged in, you will need to choose a server from the Server Menu that pops up when you login. Pick the server that most closely represents your geographical region, and then click on the “Play” button next to it.
- On the next screen, you will need to click on the “Play Now” button to select your first character. The game will now load, and you may need to install Java to continue. Click “Allow Plug-In” if you are ever prompted to.
Selecting a Character
- On this screen, you are given the opportunity to select your character from a few different choices. Let’s go over these characters now to make sure you are choosing the correct one.
- Dragonknight – The standard balanced character that is good in melee combat situations. If you like charging directly into a fight, this is probably the character for you.
- Spellweaver – A spellweaver wields spiritual powers that allow them to cast spells on your enemies, as well as healing powers for your allies.
- Ranger – Rangers wield bows that give them the edge from a distant position. Useful when alongside Dragonknights.
- If any of these characters sound like they are for you, you can select them by clicking on the respective icon.
- You can also select your character’s gender by clicking on the Male or Female buttons below the character selection. By default, your character is male.
- Hair can also be changed by clicking on the arrows. Facial hair is also changed with this selection.
- You can also change your character’s body slightly with the arrows next to it. All this really does is change the height of your character.
- At the very bottom of the selection screen is the name entry box. Type in an original name that you thought of, and then Click on the green “Create” button to start playing.
How to Play
- You will now be taken to the initial area, where you can easily learn how to play the game. First, you’ll want to learn the controls.
- To move your character, click where you would like your character to move to. Clicking on an action sensitive area, such as another character will have the character perform an appropriate action.
- Near the bottom of the gameplay screen, you will see a bar with a health elixir. This is your quick inventory bar, and clicking on these one time use items will use them instantly. Be careful where you’re clicking so you don’t accidentally use any of these.
- Next to the quick inventory bar is the special attack bar. These special attacks will be used once you click on them, and you are attacking an enemy.
- The first thing you should do once you have arrived is click on Valery, who holds your first quest in the game. The quest is called “The path of destiny”. Click on the quest in the list to view it. To complete this quest, you will need to find “old Urda and talk to her”. For completing the quest, you’ll receive 2 Andermant (money), and 3 copper. Click the green check to start the quest.
- If you close a quest or need a refresher on which quests you have active, push the Q key to bring up the Quest log.
- Click to make your character move past Valery along the path and over the bridge. This is where you will likely meet your first enemy. To fight an enemy, just click on it to make your character attack. Continue clicking on the enemy until it is dead. You can also click on one of your special attacks to help take down the enemy. If you need help on figuring out where to go next, click on the Map button at the top of the gameplay screen, or press the “M” key.
- If you keep going on the path, you will eventually reach Urda. You can then click on her, then on the green checkmark to finish the quest. She will give you another quest on top of this one.
Leveling and Skills
- Once you have killed a certain amount of enemies or completed quests, you will receive enough XP to level up. When you level up, you are given skill points that you can use to learn new skills.
- When you reach a new level, click on the Skills menu in the top menu bar, or push the S key. This will bring up the skills screen, and also shows you the available skills for your level, along with the skills not quite available yet.
- Click on the skill you want to add by clicking on it.
- You can also purchase items for your character to use by accessing the in-game shop. Click on the Shop button located at the top of the screen to access the shop where you can buy new items for your character.
- In the shop, you can purchase Buff items that help your character temporarily, Potions to heal or restore mana, Skill essences for more skills, Gems for combat enhancements, Colors for coloring your character’s clothing, and miscellaneous items such as keys and explosives.
- Note: Most shop items cost Adermant, which costs real money to acquire. Be careful when purchasing any items from the store.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Drakensang Online. Now that you know how to quest like a master, you’ll regain your freedom in no time. For more guides plus news, reviews, previews and more keep checking back with Gamezebo.