Game Introduction – Pet Town
Pet Town is a city building simulation game from Booyah! for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. In this game you will need to build up a town for your pets to live in, providing plenty of housing and activities for them to do! Building up a town like this won’t be easy however, but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have all the tips, tricks and walkthroughs you need to get going in no time.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started and playing Pet Town you’ll first need to download it by clicking the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen.
- Once the game has finished downloading, you can find it on your home screen. Tap on the icon labeled Pet Town to start playing.
- Note: You will need a constant internet connection to play Pet Town. Make sure you are connected to WiFi or have a good 3G connection before playing.
- Upon loading up the game, you will be taken immediately to your town. Starting out, it will not have much in it so let’s start building!
Building Your Town
- As your town doesn’t have many buildings and animals in it from the start, you’ll have to start building.
- The shop is located in the main menu, which you can access by tapping on the Menu button at the lower right corner of the screen, and then tapping on Shop.
- Here you will see the Pets available for your town. If it’s your first time buying a pet, a bird named Squawk will be available for you to purchase for free. Tap on the Squawk to place him in your town.
- You will now have a large present that you can place in your town. You can move it anywhere you’d like before placing it down by tapping and holding on it, then dragging your finger around. Tap the green checkmark to place it down in a permanent location. This present contains Squawk’s house.
- The house will now be built on an automatic timer. Depending on the house you choose to build, the time it takes to complete will vary. If you don’t want to wait for the house to be built, you can spend Carrots to finish it instantly.
- Note: Carrots cost real money to acquire, and should be used sparingly as there are no ways to earn them for free.
- After a house is built, you can tap on it to have the pet move in. After that, you can collect small amounts of coins from their house by tapping on it. Most houses can be collected from once every few minutes.
- When you add a new pet to your town, you will also be shown a window containing a template tweet for Twitter, which announces to the world that you have a new friend in your town. There is no in-game reward for doing this, so if you don’t have a Twitter account (or simply don’t wish to post it), that’s ok.
Dreams and Trains
- Rather than standard goals that are present in most games like Pet Town, there are Dreams for you to complete, with large sets of different Dreams being available for each individual Pet. You can see a pet’s dream by tapping on the individual pet or by tapping on the paw icon in the lower left corner of the gameplay screen.
- Squawk’s first dream is to have his house upgraded. We can start upgrading it by tapping on the 200 coin button on the pop-up window. The house upgrade will then complete automatically.
- Now that Squawk’s house has been upgraded, it will give out more coins every time you collect from it.
- Another dream that Squawk has is to visit his pet friend Sir Toucan. Tap on Sir Toucan’s house to have Squawk walk over and visit him.
- Other dreams that you can find involve building new shops and decorations for your town, such as the Jungle Juice.
- One of the more interesting dreams is when a pet wants to travel to another location. When you see one of these dreams, tap on it to be taken to the Trains screen.
- You can only send one train at a time unless you are a higher level.
- The train will be sent automatically, and you will then have to wait for it to return. When it does return, you will need to come back to this screen (tap on the train station in your town) to collect the money collected from the trip.
- When you fulfill all of a pet’s dreams, you will receive a large coin or XP bonus.
Location Based Bonuses
- If you have ever played Booyah’s other game MyTown, you know that the best bonuses come from playing with real life locations close to you.
- Tap on the rabbit in the hat in your town to load up a list of nearby businesses that you can use for additional bonuses.
- You can now tap on any of the businesses listed to try for a special bonus. You will get additional bonuses every day that you play, but you can purchase more with Carrots if you like.
- You can expand your land so that you can have more houses, businesses and decorations for your land.
- To expand, tap on a neighboring piece of land. Pieces that you can purchase will have a sign in them labeled “For Sale”. Expansions are expensive, but are also definitely worth it if you want to keep on building your town.
- Once you purchase an expansion, you will have to wait for it to be fully cleared before you can use it.
- Expansions will gradually become more expensive the more you expand.
You have completed the quick start guide for Pet Town on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Pets will be flocking to your town in no time with all of the tricks you now know from this guide. For more guides like this, plus reviews, previews, news and more keep checking back with Gamezebo.