Since late 2011, Indie Royale has been providing gamers with a unique fluctuating price opportunity to buy into bundles of really great indie games for (usually) under a fiver. From Really Big Sky to Time Gentleman, Please!, the site has featured some of Gamezebo’s favorite indie titles. Now with their latest bundle, they’re aiming to please a very “serious” crowd.
The Serious Sam Lightning Pack is currently available on IndieRoyale.com, and bundles together six different Serious Sam games for one low price (as of this writing that price is $3.91, but on Indie Royale, that can change in the blink of an eye). Included in the pack are the first two Serious Sam games, and four unique indie titles inspired by the Serious Sam franchise. These titles were commissioned by micropublisher Developer Digital and Serious Sam creators Croteam to celebrate the launch of the latest full game in the series, Serious Sam 3: BFE.
Here’s everything you’ll get in the pack;
- Serious Sam: The First Encounter – The original Serious Sam first-person shooter, originally released in 2001.
- Serious Sam: The Second Encounter – The first sequel, released in 2002.
- Serious Sam: The Random Encounter – a role playing game created by Vlambeer, the developer of Super Crate Box (who also has some great advice for aspiring iOS developers!)
- Serious Sam Double D – a hand-drawn sidescrolling shooter from Mommy’s Best Games
- Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack – an endless runner that was originally exclusive to mobile devices (see our review here) by Be-Rad Entertainment
- Serious Sam: The Greek Encounter – A brand new, never before available release making its exclusive debut on Indie Royale, The Greek Encounter is an 8-bit Serious Sam demake created by Eric Ruth, the man behind such famed demakes as 8-Bit Halo and Team Fortress Arcade.
The Serious Sam Lightning Pack marks a couple of unique firsts for Indie Royale. For one, this is the first time that all of the games in a bundle were part of a single franchise. Depending on whether or not you’re a fan of said franchise, this can either be a really good thing or a really bad thing.
Bigger than that, though, is that this marks the first “lightning pack” released by the site. Unlike the regular releases that are available for a week or so, lightning packs will have a shorter buy window and offer a tighter focus on a certain niche – in this bundle’s case, that niche is Serious Sam.
Can’t wait to play the many ways of Serious Sam? You’d better hurry on over to IndieRoyale.com, as this sale is only on for 100 hours!