Hidden Chronicles – Game Introduction
Welcome to Hidden Chronicles, a new hidden object game on Facebook from Zynga. In Hidden Chronicles you will search scenes for hidden objects to earn trophies, coins, and experience so that you can solve the mysteries surrounding Ramsey Manor.
Quick Start Guide
Navigating the Screen
- At the top of the screen you will find the balances for your coins, cash, reputation, energy, estate points, and experience.
- On the left side of your screen are your current quests.
- At the bottom of the screen you will find your friends toolbar. At the bottom right you will find your main toolbar which includes your marketplace, inventory, tools, settings, and play buttons.
- Coins: coins are the currency in Hidden Chronicles. You will need to coins to purchase items in the marketplace and to unlock new areas of land.
- Cash: cash is the premium currency in Hidden Chronicles. You will earn one cash each time you level up, otherwise you will need to purchase cash or complete offers to earn cash.
- Reputation: you earn reputation points by interacting with your friends. You can earn points by visiting your neighbors, hiding secret packages somewhere on their estate, and challenging them to a Fast Find game. Earning reputation points will unlock new items for your estate.
- Energy: energy is required to search hidden object scenes. Each scene requires eight energy points.
- Estate points: earning estate points will unlock new hidden object scenes so that you can complete quests. Estate points are earned by decorating your estate and building new structures.
- Experience: experience is earned by completing quests and completing hidden object scenes. When you earn enough experience you will level up. Leveling up will increase your energy and unlock new items to purchase in the marketplace.
- Marketplace: the marketplace is where you can purchase items for your estate.
- Clues: clues are required to unlock new areas on the estate. Click on an area to find out how many clues are needed. Clues can be earned via quests or given to you by your neighbors.
- Fast Find game: Fast Find games are challenges played between friends. You will have 60 seconds to find as many items in a hidden object scene as you can. You can then challenge your neighbor to try and beat your score. You can challenge your neighbor once a day and respond to a challenge once a day. Fast Find games do not use energy and will not earn you trophies.
- Puzzles: some hidden object scenes contain puzzles that you can solve for additional points. You can choose to skip them if you wish.
- Leaderboard: once you have completed a hidden object scene you will be taken to the leaderboard. Here you will be able to see how your score stacks up against your neighbors.
- Trophies: trophies are earned by completing hidden object scenes within Ramsey Manor. You can earn five trophies for each scene. Unlocking trophies will help unlock new scenes and areas of land.
- Inventory: your inventory is where you will find items you have earned during the game.
Tips for Hidden Object Scenes
- To access the hidden object scenes in the game either click on Ramsey Manor or on the play button located at the bottom right of your screen.
- This will open up the scenes menu. You can scroll through the available scenes by clicking the arrow buttons located on either side of the menu.
- Select a scene that is available to enter the scene.
- If a scene is not available yet the requirements to unlock it will be listed under the picture of the scene.
- Once you have entered a hidden object scene you will need to click to begin searching.
- The items you need to find will be listed at the bottom of the screen.
- You have unlimited time to find these items but you will receive bonuses dependant on how quickly you complete the scene.
- You will also receive bonuses for finding items quickly in succession. This will allow for higher scores.
- While the list of items to find is randomized, the items within the scenes do not move between visits. So, while you may not be able to find everything quickly the first several times you play a scene, you will begin to remember where items are the more often you play.
- If you become stuck on an item, you can click the hint button and you will be shown where an item is. After using the hint button you will need to wait for it to recharge before you can use it again.
- Once you have completed a scene you will be taken to the leaderboard screen. Here you will see your final score and how it compares to your friends’ scores. You will also see if you have unlocked a trophy.
- To see how many more points you need to unlock the next trophy for a scene, return to the scenes page and hover your mouse over a scene.
- To unlock new scenes you will need to earn estate points. Estate points can be earned by decorating your estate grounds.
Decorating and Building
- Decorating your estate and building structures will earn you estate points, which will unlock new hidden object scenes.
- All items are purchased through the marketplace, which is located at the bottom right of your screen.
- Click on the item you wish to build to be taken back to your estate. Now you can place the item on your estate to finalize your purchase.
- Decorations and gardening items will usually provide instant estate points.
- Structures and buildings take time and usually have specific requirements that need to be met.
- The requirements that you will need to meet will require help from your neighbors. You will either need them to send you items or join your crew.
- You can also choose to skip steps that are required by using cash if you have enough available.
- Once you have met all the requirements for a structure or a building, you will be able to complete it. Until the building is complete you will not earn the estate points.
- You can sell items back using the tool button located at the bottom right of the screen. Click on the tool button and then select the sell button.
- Please note that if you sell an item back you will also lose the estate points you earned from the item.
- Currently you cannot store items that you have purchased.
- Eventually you will start to run out of room to build on. You will either need to sell items to make more room or you will need to unlock new areas of your estate.
- To unlock a new area, click on a darkened area of the map. This will open the exploration menu.
- Here you will be able to see the requirements necessary to unlock this area.
- Each area has different requirements, so if you are unable to unlock one area, keep looking.
- Each area will require you have earned a certain number of trophies, have collected a certain number of clues, and earned enough coins to purchase the land.
- Clues can be found by completing quests or you can request them from your neighbors. You can also purchase them with cash.
- If you meet all the requirements you can click the explore button to unlock the area.
- Be sure to look around your newly unlocked area. There may be hidden treasure on the land or there may be special hidden object scenes that have been unlocked.
Interacting with Neighbors
- Interacting with your neighbors is a huge part of Hidden Chronicles.
- Friends can send you items or join your crew when you build new structures on your estate.
- Friends can also hide secret packages on your estate grounds that will provide you with bonuses. You can also hide one on their estate.
- Each day you can earn a daily bonus by visiting your friends estates.
- You can also challenge your friends to a Fast Find game once a day and they can challenge you once a day as well.
- A Fast Find game is a timed hidden object scene in which you will try to find as many items as possible in 60 seconds.
- Once you have completed the scene you can challenge your neighbor to beat your score.
- Once they have completed your challenge they can then challenge you to another game.
- Completing challenges and visiting your friends will earn you reputation points.
- Once you’ve earned enough reputation points you will unlock new items in the marketplace.
Maximizing Your Coins
- Coins are required for purchasing items in the marketplace and unlocking new areas of your estate.
- Coins are earned by completing quests, searching hidden object scenes, and interacting with your neighbors.
- If you are desperate for coins you can also sell back items you have purchased. Just remember that when you sell an item back you will lose the estate points the item provided.
- You can also purchase coins with cash.
Maximizing Your Energy
- Each hidden object scene (not including Fast Find games) requires eight energy points.
- Once you are out of energy you will need to wait for it to replenish or use an energy boost if you have any on hand.
- Energy replenishes at a rate of one point every five minutes.
- Every time you level up your energy will be increased and refilled.
- You can purchase energy boosts using cash or you can request them from your friends.
You have completed the quick start guide for Hidden Chronicles by Zynga. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.