Game Introduction – Social Girl
Social Girl, developed by Crowdstar for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, allows you to experience life as an incredibly popular girl! Have a blast as you make friends with the coolest girls in several kinds of cliques. Complete quests as you go out on dates with your boyfriend, buy amazing clothes, gossip, hang out with friends, and much more. Gamezebo’s Social Girl quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Social Girl is a free application and can be found by clicking on the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- Set up push notifications – Once you load the game you will be asked to set up push notifications for your device. You can do this now or in the settings area of the game at any time.
- Settings – You can adjust the game settings, toggle music and sound volume and turn push notifications on or off in the settings area which can be found in the “Home” location. Tap on the icon that looks like a clipboard at the bottom left of the screen then tap on “Home” You will then see a small gear icon at the bottom right of the screen. Tap on it to bring up the menu shown above.
- Social Girl is associated with Game Center and you will be able to complete achievements once you log in with your name and password.
- This game is only compatible with iPhone 3GS or newer, 3rd generation iPod Touch or newer (32 and 64GB only), and iPad 1 and 2.
- The game can be played offline but you must have a Wi-Fi connection for in app purchases.
- Lightning Bolts – Energy points
- Red Hearts – Relationship points
- Gold Stars – Coolness points
- Door button – Main menu
- Rose Button – To boyfriend menu
- Clipboard Button – Quest menu
- Shopping Bag Button – To stores
- Hanger Button – To Closet menu
- Bow Tie Button – Upgrade boyfriend menu
- House Button – To your home menu
- Clique Symbols
- All – Blue sphere with white ring
- Sporty – Yellow sphere with white barbell
- Hipster – Teal sphere with white flower
- Preppy – Lavender sphere with white horseshoe
- Rocker – Red sphere with white skull
- Girly – Pink sphere with white bow
Choose your Look
- The first thing you will need to do when you start the game is choose your look.
- You will be able to choose your hair style, hair color, and skin color.
- As you play the game you will purchase many different types of clothing to wear that will be stored in your closet.
- A few of the styles are free and some will cost you currency to own.
Choose your Crush/Boyfriend
- Next you will be asked to choose one man out of five presented to you. Tap on the man you wish to be your boyfriend in the game.
- You will be able to change things about him as you play the game. The more you go out on dates and interact with your boyfriend including improving his mood by doing various activities he enjoys you will level up.
- Each time you level up you will be able to change something about your boyfriend starting with his name, then hair color, hair style, skin color, shoes, bottoms, tops and face.
- You will see the level your boyfriend is at over his head by tapping on the small rose icon. At the very top right corner you will see a small button with a bow tie on it. Tap here to update things about your boyfriend as you level him up in the game.
- There are two types of currency used in the game.
- Coins – This is the basic game currency and used to purchase basic items such as clothing and accessories.
- Diamonds – Diamonds are the high end virtual currency that allow you to purchase clothing worth more clique points than coins will buy for you. You can also purchase energy and special advantages such as improving your boyfriends mood without having to wait in between turns.
- You are given fifteen coins and fifteen diamonds to start the game with.
ATM (How to Purchase additional Currency)
- You have the option to add additional coins and diamonds three ways. You can tap on the item you want to purchase which will bring up the screen if you tap on “Buy” on any item you don’t have enough money for.
- You can tap on the currency indicators at the bottom of the home screen and it will take you to the ATM machine.
- You may also visit the ATM directly which can be found by tapping on the shopping bag icon. Use your finger to scroll through to the right until you see the ATM machine among the stores and tap on it. Here you can tap on the bottom to find menus for diamonds or coins or both. If you choose both just use your fingertip to scroll to the right.
- Tap on the item you wish to purchase until the “Buy” button appears then tap on it once. Enter your iTunes password when prompted then tap on the “Buy” button to confirm the purchase.
- All purchases which range from $1.99 to $99.99 are considered “in app” purchases and will be charged to your iTunes account.
- The more currency you purchase the better the price and the percentage you save is shown in small print on each denomination.
- You must use energy to interact with your friends. You will use one energy point or more per action which is shown at the bottom of the screen or on the button.
- Your energy meter is located along the bottom of the screen and represented by the lightning bolt icon. The countdown clock shows you how much time until you generate one more energy point.
- Energy regenerates at a rate of one energy point every five minutes.
- You are given a maximum of 18 energy points and this does not change as you level up in the game.
- How to get more Energy – Once you run out of energy there are a few ways you can get more.
- Wait – Leave the game and make sure your push notifications are turned on. Energy regenerates at a rate of one energy point every five minutes. In exactly ninety minutes you will have a full energy meter again.
- Purchase Full Energy Refill – Purchase full energy refill for 18 Diamonds. As soon as you run out of energy you are offered this option. You will have to pay for this virtual currency with real currency so be careful before you choose this option.
- Purchase Partial Energy Refill – Purchase partial energy refill at the Frozen Yogurt shop. (See below) This option will also require you to spend diamonds for energy but offers you varying increments for purchase.
Froyotopia (How to Purchase Additional Energy)
- Tap on the shopping bag and use your fingertip to move to the far left of the scene. Here you will find the Frozen Yogurt Shop known as “Froyotopia” where you can purchase “Original Fro Yo” Tap on the shop to enter and see the purchase menu.
- You are offered six options where you can purchase three to thirty energy points at a ratio of one diamond per energy point which is very expensive.
- It is recommended that you only use this in emergencies.
- You can only purchase energy with diamonds and if you have enough for the purchase it will deduct immediately. If you do not have enough diamonds you will be prompted to purchase more from this screen.
- Tap on the option you wish to purchase until the “Buy” button appears then tap a second time to start the transaction. If you need to purchase more, the smallest purchase option will be offered to you. If you want to purchase a higher amount you will need to go to the ATM to do so.
- To Purchase more diamonds – Enter your iTunes password when prompted then confirm the purchase when it prompts you. Once the purchase is approved the energy will add immediately and a notification message should appear telling you that the purchase was successful and energy has been added.
- Quests are a very important part of the game and will guide your progress helping you to learn how to play the game in the beginning.
- Look for the clipboard button at the bottom left side of the game screen. Tap on this button and it will take you to the current quest list.
- You will start out with three quests and can have as many as ten at a time you are working on. The quests can take a long time to complete.
- When a quest is new you will see a gold star on it. Tap on the “Details” button to read how to complete a quest.
- Once you read the detail you also can tap on the “Go Now” button and it will take you directly to the screen you need to be on to complete the tasks needed. “Cancel” will take you back to the quest list screen.
- Completed Quests – Once you complete a quest you will see a notification message and it will tell you what you have been rewarded for completion of the quest.
- Each quest you complete will earn you free diamonds which can be redeemed for clothing, accessories, energy points, or special game advantages.
- A new quest will replace the one you have completed immediately.
- There are five types of cliques that you will work through to become popular in and make friends with all the girls in the group.
- Your first group will be quest led and you will make friends with the sporty girls one at a time.
- Once taken to the clique tap on the first girl and you will have to over time become closer friends by hanging out, gossiping, and going to parties with this one girl.
- There is a friendship meter above the girl’s head and each time you tap on an activity you will help to fill up the meter a little more and earn “coolness stars” which help you to level up and you will earn coins you can use to shop with.
- Once the meter totally fills up the girl becomes your best friend and you will now be allowed to make friends with the next girl in line for that particular clique. You will also unlock more clothing in the store for that clique’s type of clothing.
- Once you are friends with every girl in the clique you will unlock the next clique of girls and will begin working on friendships with them.
- Each time you hang out, party, or gossip with a girl you will spend one energy point. This can take a very long time to make it through a clique and each one takes longer to complete than the one before it.
Types of Cliques and order of Progression
- Sporty – (Level 1 to unlock) This is your first group and the easiest to progress through. You will purchase clothing in the “Sporty” shop and wear these when you hang out with this group. When your boyfriend takes you on certain dates you may be required to wear sporty outfits and this is how you will unlock them.
- You will make friends with Madison, Taylor, Mia, Nicole and Brooke when you master this clique.
- Each time you make a best friend in a clique the heart above them will turn gold. If a heart is red you still need to work on the friendship and can not progress to the next girl until you master the current one in line.
- Hipster – (Level 3 to unlock) – This is the second clique you will start to make friends in. You will purchase clothing in the “Hipstahgurl” shop for outings with these friends and dates with your boyfriend that require it.
- When the quests are available you will make friends with “Chloe, Paige, Molly, Autumn, and Zoey.”
- Preppy – (Level 5 to unlock) – This is the third clique you will make friends in. You will purchase clothing and accessories in the “PrepStep” shop for outings with this group and when dates with your boyfriend require this type of dress style.
- Rocker Girl – (Level 7 to unlock) – This is the fourth clique you will make friends in. You will purchase clothing and accessories from the “RockSauce” shop for outings with this clique and when dates with your boyfriend require this style of dress.
- Girly Girl – (Level 10 to unlock) – This is the fifth clique you will make friends in. You will purchase clothing and accessories from the “Charm Chalet” shop for outings with this clique and when dates with your boyfriend require this style of dress.
- Future Cliques and upcoming new shops – The game has left room for more shops and will likely add more cliques and shops with future game updates so be sure to check often.
Making Best Friends within a Clique and Mastering it
- The quests will lead you through the cliques starting with the sporty clique and progressing through them in the order shown in the section above.
- When you tap on “Go there” you will be taken to a room where all the members of a clique are hanging out.
- You will start with the girl at the far left and do activities with her one at a time using one energy point per activity until you are best friends and the heart above her head turns gold. When you completely fill up the meter and become best friends you will earn a large number of popularity points, coolness points, and you will unlock clothing in the corresponding store as well as unlock the next girl so you can start to cultivate a friendship with her. You will do this until you are best friends with every girl in the clique. This will mean mastery of the clique one you are friends with all the girls in it.
- How to become best friends – Tap on the girl and you will be taken to another screen and here you will see three buttons from which you will choose how you want to proceed.
- These buttons are labelled: “Gossip, Hang Out, and Party” as shown in image above.
- Here you will spend one energy point each time you tap on a button and you will earn differing amounts of coins, coolness, and friendship points which fill up the heart meter above the girl’s head. Your goal is to fill up this meter which means you are best friends forever.
- Note – Each girl you advance up to will earn an increased number of friendship points and coins but a decreased number of coolness stars on the three buttons for gossiping, hanging out, and partying with you. Notice that one option gives you more coins but less friendship points. The coolness stars are always the same amount within the three choices (even though they differ from girl to girl) so you must decide if you need coins for purchases or if you want to earn friendship points to fill the heart meter and progress to the next girl.
- Even though each girl offers higher or differing rewards, each girl takes much longer than the previous girl to complete a friendship with.
- Once you complete a friendship you are now cool enough to progress to the next girl in the clique and can begin working on your friendship with her immediately. You will also unlock more clothing for purchase in that clique category and shop.
- Shopping is very important as you must have the appropriate clothing and accessories when you go out on certain dates with your boyfriends.
- To shop tap on the icon with the purse or shopping bag on it from the home menu. You will be taken to the strip mall and can use your finger to scroll to the different shops. The sporty shop will be unlocked when you begin the game and you must progress to unlock the other stores.
- Check outfit requirements – Each date you are asked on by your boyfriend requires that you have an outfit on that has a minimum numerical value in a particular clique category. You need to check this before you go shopping so you know what you need to purchase.
- For example, If you are asked to go on a date to the “Taco Hut” you may be asked to wear hipster clothing with a minimum score of 37 as in the image above. If you do not have the correct number of points the option at the bottom will say “Get Ready” and you will be taken to your closet to put together an outfit that when all pieces numerical values are combined it will equal at least 37 or more points.
- Each piece of clothing has a numerical value assigned to it in the store and shown in the closet along with the icon for the clique category. When you go to the store you will purchase these items and look for items you can afford that give you the highest number of particular clique points.
- How to find a shop – Once you know the category and how many points you need tap on the shopping bag icon and you will be taken to the strip mall.
- Use your fingertip and scroll to the side until you are in the appropriate shop, then tap on it to enter.
- How to purchase an item – Tap on the item you wish you to purchase and the “Buy” button will appear. Tap again to make the purchase. If you have enough money it will deduct immediately. If not, you will be offered the option to purchase the minimum bundle of currency needed for you to afford it. (See “Currency” for more information about this)
- The item will show a check mark over it and will be either placed on your avatar or in the closet.
- Items will be available for purchase with diamonds and coins. The diamond items will have a much larger points value than those purchased with coins.
- You will need a minimum of a top, pants and shoes, or a dress and shoes to leave your closet.
- You can increase your points by adding purses and jewellery to your outfit.
- Try to purchase items with the highest points in that category as possible.
Getting Dressed/ Your Closet
- Each type of clothing falls into one of the six social clique categories which is “Sporty, Hipster, Preppy, Rocker girl, Girly girl and all”
- Tap on the hanger icon to enter your closet. This is where all purchased clothing is stored.
- You will have to choose a category before you enter your closet based on your date requirements (Shown at the bottom of the date screen) Tap on the correct category to enter.
- Now you will be inside your closet with that category of clothing you have purchased or chosen showing. Note the categories along the left side of the screen with numerical values. These change as you add or remove clothing from your avatar.
- Tap on a category along the bottom to see all of one category of clothing at once or on “All” to see all clothing at once. Scroll from left to right to see all clothing.
- When ready to dress tap on the item and it will appear on your avatar. Tap again and it will be taken off.
- Once again, note there is a numerical value next to each category along the left side of the screen, and this changes as you put clothing on and take it off of your avatar.
- Note – You will need to know what minimum numerical value is needed to go on your date. Put on items until you have at least that number so you can go on the date and earn rewards for doing so.
- If you do not have enough clique category points to go on the date, you will need to go shopping for more items. If you do not have enough money for them, you can work on friendships to earn coins or you can obtain currency from the ATM.
- Sometimes the items you need aren’t unlocked yet. The only way to unlock them is to work on friendships in the category until they are unlocked. Sometimes it takes a lot of work before you can go on a particular date.
- Once you have enough points from your outfit then you can proceed with your date or head to a clique to choose a friendship to work on.
- The “All” Category – The “All” category is shown by a blue sphere with a white circle inside. Each time you increase your relationship level your boyfriend will give you a gift that falls into the “All” category and is stored in your closet with your other items.
- These items can be worn in all clique categories and contribute points to it. These are very helpful and allow you to go on dates faster so keep building your relationship level so your boyfriend will continue to give you these helpful gifts.
Going on Dates
- Going on dates with your boyfriend is a large part of the game and several quests are associated with this task.
- Be sure to read all about shopping and clothing before you read this section so you understand what is needed.
- Tap on the rose icon to go to your boyfriend screen. Note there are two buttons each with timers.
- Date button – Your boyfriend will ask you on many different types of dates and sometimes you will be asked on the same type of date twice. Note that a date offer is only good for a certain number of hours and can expire if you do not prepare for it on time.
- Each date will require you to have an outfit on in a certain clique category of either “sporty, hipster, preppy, rocker girl, or girly girl.” In addition to the category there is a numerical value your outfit must add up to in order to go on the date.
- You will need to shop for these items and can only unlock them by building friendships with girls in the various cliques.
- Improve Mood Button – A mini game used to improve your boyfriend’s mood. This is discussed in the next section below.
- Tap on the “Date” button and note the amount of time you have to get ready for it. Also, note the category and numerical value you need from your outfit to go on the date. If you have enough points and are ready the button will read, “Go on date” and you can simply tap on it.
- You will be taken to a screen that shows you on your date. There is text between you and your date as well.
- After a few moments you will see a reward screen such as the one in the image above. You will be rewarded with coolness and relationship points after each date.
- Date Souvenir – Next you will be rewarded with a souvenir that will be placed on a souvenir shelf in your room. (See “Date Souvenir collections” for more information below)
- Next Date – There is a thirty second lockout time between dates so when you complete a date after thirty seconds passes your boyfriend will ask you on another date. You then will have twelve hours to complete the requirements to go on this next date. (The time requirements may vary as you level up.)
Improve your Mood
- The second button you will see on the boyfriend screen is the “Improve Mood” button.
- This button also has a countdown timer on it and must be completed within three hours or a new button appears and the countdown begins again.
- Tapping on this button takes you to a mini game which can be completed every three hours for bonus coolness and relationship points. The better you score the higher the rewards.
- Once you complete the mini game wait three hours or you may pay five diamonds to do it again immediately and skip the wait time.
- Once you tap on “Improve Mood” an activity will be suggested that you do with your boyfriend to make him happy. This is shown on the screen at the top right as shown in image above.
- Whatever that task is, you are going to tap on one of the buttons with the “?” on it until you find a match.
- As you tap on squares you will uncover other activities until you find a match. Once you have a match you will see another screen that shows you what you have been rewarded.
- The faster you make a match, the more coolness and relationship points you will be rewarded with at the end of the game. Each incorrect guess decreases your reward.
- Each time you play the answers are in different locations so this is just random luck.
- Possible activities include;
- Playing music
- Reading poetry
- Giving a Compliment
- Chatting on Cell
- Working out
- Fix Hair
Date Souvenir Collections
- At the end of each date you will be rewarded with a souvenir. These souvenirs are also divided into clique categories and will be placed on a shelf.
- There are five shelves (one for each clique category) and each shelf holds twelve different collectibles.
- Once you collect all items you will be rewarded with coolness points and currency and you will have completed a major achievement in the game. (See “Achievements” below)
- Only one souvenir per type of date is awarded so if you go on a date you have already gone on and collect a duplicate souvenir it will just send you a message saying you already have it.
- While in the main menu you can tap on the “Game Center” button or while in your home menu tap on the personal computer in the room and you will be taken to the achievements screen for the game.
- There are sixteen achievements associated with the game and you can see each one in advance by visiting the game center.
- You must have an account using your iTunes log in information and you may also rate and the review the game from this screen as well.
- It is a good idea to read through the achievements before you begin to guide your progress in the game.
- The percentage of each task completed is shown for you at the far left of each descriptions.
- You will earn points for each achievement you complete in Game Center and can have your progress posted on Facebook if you wish.
- You have completed the basic game play guide for Social Girl for iPhone, iPad and the iPod touch. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!