Twilight Carnival – Game Introduction
Twilight Carnival is a theme park simulation focusing on building and mini-games. Build a fantastic carnival full of fun rides and attractions for your guests. You can also play many of the games in your carnival to earn extra experience and coin. Gamezebo’s Twilight Carnival quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, tricks, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
Navigating the Screen
- The top toolbar is where you will find the balances for your coins, crystals, energy, experience, and happiness. You will also find the game options here.
- On the left side of the screen you will find your current goals/quests.
- At the bottom of the screen you will find your friends bar. To the right of the friends bar are several buttons that you can use to view your games, inventory (stuff), and store. You can also edit your carnival.
- Coins: Coins are the currency in Twilight Carnival. Coins are used to purchase new games, attractions, and decorations. Coins can be earned in a variety of ways that will be covered later in this guide.
- Crystals: Crystals are the premium currency in Twilight Carnival. You will begin the game with several crystals. After you have used all of them, the only way to get more is by purchasing them using Facebook credits. Crystals are used to purchase premium items, skip quests, or purchase energy.
- Energy: Energy allows you to play mini-games. The more energy you have, the more levels you can complete in a game. Each game level requires one energy point. Energy will regenerate over time.
- Experience: Gaining experience will allow you to level up and unlock new items. Experience can be gained in a multitude of ways that will be covered more in depth later in this guide.
- Happiness: Your happiness meter shows the current happiness of your guests. You can increase happiness by building new games and attractions, placing decorations, and keeping your park clean and free of garbage.
- Goals: You will be given numerous goals to complete throughout the game. Goals will complete automatically when you have met all the requirements. You will earn experience and coins by completing goals.
- Tickets: Tickets are earned by playing games. You will need tickets to complete new buildings, upgrade games and to meet certain goals. Tickets will be stored in your inventory. You can also purchase tickets with crystals.
- Store: The store is where you can purchase games, attractions, and decorations.
- Games: Playing games will earn you coins, experience, and tickets. As you play games you will also earn game points. When you have earned enough points you will be able to upgrade the game stand. Once you’ve upgraded a game enough times you will unlock new levels of gameplay.
- Attractions: Attractions will increase you carnivals happiness and earn you coins on a regular basis. Each attraction earns coins after a specific interval of time and will not earn any more coins until you have collected from it.
- Decorations: Decorations will increase your carnivals happiness as well as provide payout bonuses when placed near attractions.
- Special: Special items such as crystals, tickets, and energy can be purchased using Facebook credits or crystals under the special tab in the store.
Building Your Carnival
- The first thing you will need when building your carnival is the means to power all your attractions and games.
- The in-game tutorial will provide you with a generator that you will need to place in your carnival.
- You can purchase electricity for a certain amount of time ranging anywhere from five minutes up to 36 hours.
- If your generator stops running you will stop earning coins from your attractions and you won’t be able to play any games until you purchase more electricity.
- After you have placed your generator and purchased electricity to run it, it’s time to start building your carnival.
- Click on the store button, located at the bottom right of your screen.
- This will open up the store window.
- You can choose to purchase a game, an attraction, or a decoration item.
- Select the item you wish to purchase and click on it.
- Place the item in your park.
- If you selected a game or attraction you will need to build it. Click on the placed item to begin building.
- After some time your new building will be ready to be opened.
- Click on the finished building to complete it. This will bring up a new window, which will show you what tickets you need to trade in to complete the building.
- If you don’t have enough tickets, you will either need to purchase them using crystals or you will need to play some games to earn them.
- If you don’t have any games in your carnival yet, you can visit a friend and play their games.
- Once you have enough tickets to complete the building, click on the open now button.
- Congratulations! Your carnival is now open for business.
- Continue playing games and building new attractions to earn more experience and coins.
- Place decorations and attractions near each other to increase the amount of coins you receive from attractions. Check in the store to see what a decoration items payout bonus is.
- When an attraction has earned coin for you a coin icon will appear above the building. Click on it to collect the coins from the building.
- Now that your carnival is up and running you’ll begin to notice trash lying around. Click on garbage to clean it up and earn extra items.
- As your carnival begins to grow you will start to run out of room to build on. You will need to start clearing debris from the grounds.
- You can only clear one item at a time and each item takes a certain amount of time to be cleared. Some items only take a minute, while others can take significantly longer.
- Plan wisely when clearing land, or you could end up waiting quite some time for more land to build on.
- Playing mini-games will earn you coins, experience, and tickets.
- You can also compete with your friends for high scores.
- Several of the games can be upgraded as you progress in the Twilight Carnival.
- You will need to play a game multiple times and earn game points to be able to upgrade a game.
- Once you have enough points you can click on the upgrade button on the game screen.
- You will then see how many tickets you will need to upgrade the game.
- If you don’t have enough tickets, keep playing games to earn more. You can also purchase tickets using crystals.
- Once you have enough tickets, select upgrade now.
- Once you have upgraded a game enough times, you will unlock new levels of gameplay.
- There are six mini-games that you can build in Twilight Carnival and one additional one that can be earned through a quest.
- The games are Blast Off!, Quickdraw, Carniball, Aquapop!, Ricochet, Speedshot, and Fortune Teller. This guide will quickly introduce you to the first six of these games.
- In Blast Off! you will have colored blocks falling from the sky. You need to match the colors to those on the bottom of the screen to clear them.
- You need at least three colored blocks to clear the area.
- The remaining blocks will fall to fill in the spaces left behind. If three or more blocks of the same color end up together they will be cleared as well.
- As you progress through the level you will find bonuses and score multipliers.
- At the end of each level you will get four rockets to launch at the remaining blocks. If you manage to clear them all you will receive a huge score bonus.
- Quickdraw is a shooting game.
- Aim for the bullseye and shoot. If you hit it, it will turn yellow and your score will increase.
- Tip: This game is difficult to play with a laptop mouse. If you aim a little ahead of the bullseye, you’ll have a better chance of making the shot.
- In Carniball you will be throwing a ball at a target with various areas blocked off. Each area has a different point value.
- Click on a ball and hold your mouse button to start. An arrow above the ball will show the strength meter. Wait until it’s where you want it an release the mouse button to throw the ball.
- In Aquapop! you will be shooting colored balloons at other balloons. Three or more of the same color will cause the balloons to pop.
- The more balloons you remove with one shot, the more points you will earn.
- Removing a top layer of balloons will cause the balloons attached below to pop as well.
- In Ricochet you will shoot a ball at any angle and it will bounce down the screen with the obstacles changing its trajectory.
- There are special obstacles that will provide bonuses, such as duplicating your ball.
- In Speedshot you will be throwing basketballs at a moving hoop as fast as you can. The more baskets you make, the more points you will earn.
Maximizing Your Coins
- Coins can be earned in a variety of ways.
- You can earn coins by playing games, building attractions, completing goals, and cleaning up trash around your carnival.
- To earn additional coins, place decorations near your attractions. Decorations provide a payout bonus that varies by item.
- If you are desperate for coins you can purchase additional coins using crystals. Unfortunately, you cannot sell items back at this time.
Maximizing Your Energy
- Unlike other games, in Twilight Carnival you do not use energy to perform tasks in your park. Energy is used to play mini-games.
- Each level of a game uses one energy point.
- Once you are out of energy you will need to wait for it to replenish.
- Energy replenishes at a rate of one point every five minutes.
- To visit a friend, click on their avatar located at the bottom of your screen.
- This will take you to their carnival.
- While at their carnival you can play their games. They may have games that you don’t have yet, or may have unlocked levels that you haven’t yet.
- You can also help them out by cleaning up trash in their carnival.
- You can perform five actions at a friend’s carnival each day.
- You and your friends can also send and receive gifts.
You have completed the quick start guide for Twilight Carnival by Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.