Game Introduction – Theme Park
Theme Park is an amusement park simulation game from Electronic Arts for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Given a huge plot of land, it’s up to you to build an expansive and fun theme park for children of all ages to enjoy. Making sure you start building your park correctly though can be a bit tricky but luckily Gamezebo’s quick start guide has all the tips, tricks and walkthroughs you need to start on the right foot.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started in playing Theme Park, you’ll need to download the app and install it on your device by clicking on the ‘Get It Now’ button at the top of this screen.
- Once the game has finished downloading and installing, you can find it on the home screen of your device. Just look for the icon labeled “Theme Park” and tap it to load the app and start playing.
- Note: You will need a constant internet connection to keep playing Theme Park. Make sure your device has a good WiFi connection or 3G signal before playing.
- Now that you’ve started playing, it’s time to get going with setting up your new park. First, you’ll meet the advisor who will help you set things up in your park.
Building Your Park
- The first goal when you get into your park is going to be to build your first ride.
- To build a ride, you will first need to tap on a fenced in square in your park. Unlike other park simulators, Theme Park has the entire layout of your park built for you and you just have to fill in the blanks with rides and shops.
- The size of the square is important, because only certain types of rides and shops can fit with certain size squares. For example, the Bouncy Castle can only fit in the small squares, while the Ferris Wheel requires at least a medium size square to fit. Luckily, the game’s build menu functions so that only rides that fit in the square you tapped on are shown.
- On the build screen, you can choose to look at either rides or shops by tapping on the appropriate button on the left side of this menu. Once you’ve decided on what you would like to place in the square, tap on the Build button.
- Now the ride will take some time to be built, from just a few seconds up to several hours. When the ride is finished being built, you will need to tap on the big checkmark above it to complete it entirely.
- Money and XP will then drop out of your newly crafted ride, and you can tap on these dropped items to collect them. If you don’t feel like collecting them, they will be collected automatically after a few seconds.
- At this point, you will probably experience your first level-up. When you level up you can build new types of rides and shops. A celebration will likely take place in your park as well. Tap anywhere on the screen to stop the celebration.
- A good idea for your next building would be a shop. Tap on an empty square and build a French Friends Shop to be built. Hungry guests will probably like you a bit more for having this in your park.
- If you don’t like waiting for your rides or shops to be built, you can use tickets to speed things up. Simply tap on a ride or shop that has not finished building, then on the Okay button to complete the ride immediately.
- Note: Tickets are very expensive and should be used sparingly in Theme Park.
- Once in a while, you will need to empty the trashcans throughout your park. You will know that they need emptied by the large trashcan icon that is displayed over them. Tap on that icon to empty them and earn a few XP.
- Now is probably when your first ride will come up for collection. You will need to collect from your rides every once in a while to keep the money flowing in. Whenever you see a green dollar bill above a ride or shop, tap on it to collect from it. You will receive both money and XP every time you do so.
- Unlike other games like Theme Park, you do not have to re-stock rides or shops to collect from them, just come back to them every once in a while to collect your profits.
- If the ride profits from simple collecting aren’t enough to keep your cash flow high enough, you can make the rides run a bit faster and collect even more money if you wish.
- Tap on a ride to be taken to its main menu. You can see statistics here, but you can also run the ride for a bit to make extra cash. For this example, I will be running the Bouncy Castle.
- To make the Bouncy Castle work, tap on the left side of the meter with a face on it. The goal is to keep the meter somewhere in the middle so that the blue outline can cover the whole thing. Once the blue outline covers the entire meter, extra money will drop out of the ride. Keep doing this to earn extra cash.
- Note: Different rides will call for different activities. Be sure to read the instructions before trying the activity.
Upgrading Rides and Shops
- There’s even more ways to make extra money and XP with your rides and shops by upgrading them (and believe me, you’ll need it).
- To upgrade a ride or shop, tap on which one you’d like to upgrade to be taken to that building’s menu. Now you have the option to upgrade it for a small portion of cash.
- Tap on the upgrade button, then the Okay button to confirm that you would like to upgrade. Now your ride will take some time to finish. When it’s complete, tap on the orange checkmark to finish things.
- In Theme Park, you can upgrade your rides and shops up to three times.
Expanding Your Park
- You will also need to expand your park to keep placing rides throughout. Check your Quest Log (clipboard icon at the bottom of the screen) to see what is needed to expand.
- To receive your first park expansion, you will need to place a medium ride. Tap on a medium space and place one to continue. Afterwards, a new section of the park should open up to you.
- When you open up a new section of your park, you can select its theme. Tap on the middle square to bring up the Theme menu, then tap on any Theme you’d like to have. This decides what decorations this section of park will have along with the ability to purchase certain types of rides and shops.
- Once you have signed in via your EA Origin account, you can visit any of your friends’ parks.
- To visit, tap on the Visit Friends icon at the bottom of the screen denoted by two people standing next to each other. This will bring up your friends list. If you have no EA Origin friends playing Theme Park, you will still have the Advisor’s park to visit. Tap on the Visit button to continue.
- There isn’t anything to do at your friends’ parks except look at them and get ideas about what types of rides and shops you can place in your park. Tap on the Red X to go back to your park when you’re done.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Theme Park for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Now that you know how to build your park, you’ll have the best one around in no time! Keep checking back with Gamezebo for more guides, plus reviews, previews, news and more!