Game Introduction – Blood & Glory
Blood & Glory is an action game from Glu Games for Android, iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. With swords and gladiators galore, you can become the ultimate Roman combatant. Plenty of your blood will be spilled along the way, but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll make sure it’s you enemies’ blood and not your own.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started in playing Blood & Glory, you’ll need to download the app and install it on your device by clicking on the ‘Play Now’ button at the top of this screen.
- Once the game has finished downloading and installing, you can find it on the home screen of your device. Just look for the icon labeled “Blood & Glory” and tap it to load the app and start playing.
- Note: You will need a constant internet connection in order to play Blood & Glory. Make sure you have a strong WiFi or 3G connection before starting to play for minimal interruption.
- When the game first starts up, you will be shown a few cutscenes which sets up the story, along with a quick tutorial that will show you the basics of how to play the game. Let’s go over some of these basic actions now to get a feel for the gameplay.
How to Battle
- When you are brought to the tutorial screen, the first goal we will be given is to please the crowd. This is actually your ultimate goal in most battles. Tap anywhere on the screen to continue and start playing.
- The first action you need to know is Block. To block, you will need to hold the shield icon that is displayed in the lower left corner of the gameplay screen. Tap on it to block and deflect your enemy’s attack.
- After each successful block, your defense meter will lower. How much your defense meter lowers depends on how strong your opponent’s attack was. When the defense meter reaches zero, you will be unable to block.
- Now, you will need to learn how to attack your enemy. Simply swipe horizontally across the screen to take a swing at your enemy. If your hit lands, you should have taken off a bit off of your opponenet’s health bar (shown in the upper right corner).
- When is the best time to attack? When your opponent is dazed, and text saying “Attack Now” flashes on the screen. You will know when he is dazed because he will not be trying to attack you.
- Your opponents can also block your attacks, so you will need to time your attacks just right to make sure they hit, and so that they do massive damage when striking.
- After you’ve defeated your first opponent, you’ll be shown a victory results screen that shows your statistics for the match.
- Here, you can see that you earn XP as you defeat and fight opponents. The most XP is rewarded for winning a battle, but you can earn extra by using certain equipment and by getting the crowd riled up during the fight.
- Dodging is also very important when it comes to winning a battle, and you’ll need to be very quick in order to use it properly.
- When an enemy is ready for a big attack, you can see exactly which side of you he is getting ready to slash. When his blade is about to hit you, tap on the right or left arrow to dodge his attack entirely.
- At this point, your enemy should be open for attack, so now is a good time to learn how to combo. It’s simple but necessary to win fights.
- To combo, simply swipe rapidly left or right to attack your opponent rapidly. Once you do this once or twice, a number should appear in the top left corner showing you how many combos you have racked up in a row. If you get really good, you could probably kill an enemy by doing nothing but one combination.
- Parrying is an effective skill that is much more difficult to master than the rest. To parry, you will need to swipe in the opposite direction from which your opponent is attacking. Using parry effectively will take time, so you will need to practice to get good.
- If your warrior becomes seriously injured during a fight (indicated by a low health bar), you can use potions to heal him up. Tap on the inventory button in the lower middle portion of the screen, then on the health potion to heal him.
- After each battle, you will be shown a screen that shows how much health your gladiator has, as well as some potions to cure any ailments he may have. Tap on any of the potions on this status screen to help out your warrior and prepare him for his next fight.
- A more advanced tactic you can use in Blood & Glory is Special Attacks. These attacks are shown at the bottom of your battle screen, and do take time to charge up.
- When you have one available, tap on it to automatically use it. Now you can rapidly swipe the screen for a wicked combo to take advantage of your now dazed opponent.
Buying New Gear & Leveling Up
- Now that you know the basics of battling, you should also learn how to gear up and level up your gladiator so that he can become much more powerful and take on more brutal enemies.
- After you have defeated an enemy, tap on the store icon in the lower left corner to access the store where you can buy new swords, armor, shields and more.
- When in the store, you can change which category of item you are looking at by pressing the name of the category in the top left corner. This will bring up a list of all available categories.
- Note: Some items in the store must be purchased with Rubies. Rubies cost real money to acquire, so be careful when spending these.
- You can level up your character by winning fights. After winning the fight that caused you to go up a level, you will be taken to the stats screen where you can choose which part of your gladiator you want to level up.
- Choosing between health, attack power, and blocking power can be difficult but just be sure to pick the one that best suits your abilities.
- Be sure to use all of your available skill points. You never know, having even the slightest edge may tip a victory in your favor.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Blood & Glory on Android, iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Keep checking back with Gamezebo for more guides, plus reviews, previews, news and more!