Game Introduction – Pocket Potions
Pocket Potions is a simulation game from Breaktime Studios for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Using all sorts of ingredients supplied to you, you can create all sorts of magical potions. Crafting these excellent and majestic potions isn’t always easy, however, and you’ll need all the help you can get. Luckily, Gamezebo’s quick start guide has all the tips, tricks, solutions and walkthroughs you’ll need to get going!
Quick Start Guide
- To get started in playing Pocket Potions, you’ll need to download the app and install it on your device by clicking on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen.
- Once the game has finished downloading and installing, you can find it on the home screen of your device. Just look for the icon labeled “Pocket Potions“ and tap it to load the app and start playing.
- Once the game has finished loading, you’ll be introduced to your godmother. She is going to be the one to guide you around and show you the potion-making ropes.
How to Play
- Your godmother is going to give you a set of instructions the first time you load up the game. This is a good time to go over that part of the game so you have a good idea what to expect next.
- The first thing you will need to do is harvest some roses for use in our first potion. Tap on the roses that are in a pot to harvest them. Tap on them once they are out of the pot to collect them and continue.
- Now, tap on the cauldron to get started in making your potion. You’ll be taken to a screen that shows the different types of Potions available. With the roses having been collected, we are given the option to make a Love Potion. Love Potions use 3 roses.
- Tap on the Brew button. You will now be taken back to your brewing room, and you will now need to add the necessary ingredients to the potion.
- Tap on the cauldron to add the ingredients, and then tap on it again to stir it. After you’ve stirred it, you will need to wait for the potion to finish.
- If you don’t want to wait for the potion to finish getting made, you can tap on the cauldron to be taken to a status screen. This screen will give you the option to cancel the current potion that is brewing, or the option to finish brewing for a Gem (premium currency). Remember though, Gems cost real money so be careful when using this option!
- After your potion has finished brewing, tap on the cauldron to bottle it. You can now place the potion on the table in your brewing room by tapping on it.
- Now that you have a potion out and on a table, you will have customers coming in. They will drink the potions as necessary and you will receive coins and XP each time they do so.
- Any time a coin pops out of a customer as they become happy (usually after drinking a potion), you will need to tap on it to collect it. Same goes for any XP that is dropped.
- Your customers aren’t always the cleanest people, so you will occasionally have to clean up after them. If you see trash on the ground, simply tap it to pick it up.
Brewing New Potions
- While the Love Potion is nice and helps out your customers, you should get some new potions going so that you can serve an even broader clientele.
- To brew different types of potions, all you need to do is tap on your cauldron and look at the types of ingredients that are needed to make that potion.
- After you’ve noted which ingredients are needed, you can tap on the “Get Ingredients” button that will take you to the shop and to the correct ingredient you need. At this point, you can purchase the ingredients necessary to brew that particular potion.
- Go back to the cauldron and tap Brew on the potion just as you did with the Love Potion.
- Note: Another option for gathering ingredients is to purchase plants from the shop. These plants usually can only be purchased with Gems but will not cost you any money afterwards.
- As with many other social games out there, Pocket Potions allows you to complete various goals with specific guidelines for extra coins and XP.
- You can find an active goal on the left side of the screen, just below the Coins indicator. Tap on this icon to be taken to the Tasks list screen.
- Here, you can see all of the available Tasks you have as well as the instructions for finishing them. In the screenshot above, you can see I have a task for brewing Love Potion. I will need to brew Love Potion a total of three times to complete the goal.
- After you’ve completed the goal, you can come back to this screen and collect your rewards. You’ll know you’re done when there is a green check next to all of the tasks.
- In Pocket Potions, you can visit friends or community neighbors to help them out with some free gifts you can send them.
- To visit friends and neighbors, tap on the Main Menu button found in the lower left corner of the gameplay screen. This will bring up a list of options for you.
- Tap on the Social button to be shown a list of community neighbors. You may not know these people but they are neighbors within the game that you can help out. Who knows, they might return the favor!
- Tap on Visit below their name to be taken to their brewing room. After you’re done looking at their place, you can tap on the Leave Gift button on the left side of the screen to leave a gift for them. Tap on the Home button when you are done.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Pocket Potions on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Now that you know how to cook up a good potion, you’ll be brewing up some great elixirs and tonics in no time! For more guides like this, plus reviews, previews, news and more keep checking back with Gamezebo!