Game Introduction – Mafia Wars Shakedown
Mafia Wars Shakedown is a text-based RPG for the iPhone and iPod Touch. You are the don of your local mafia, and you’ll need to be a dirty rotten criminal to stay ahead of the other gangs out there. Keeping your thugs in line isn’t always the easiest task but Gamezebo’s quick start guide has all the tips, tricks and walkthroughs you’ll need to be the best mafia in town!
Quick Start Guide
- To get started with playing Mafia Wars Shakedown, you will first need to download it from the App Store by clicking the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once the app has finished downloading and installing, you can find it on the home screen of your device. Tap on the icon labeled “Mafia Wars Shakedown” to start playing immediately.
- The first time you start the game, you will be asked to provide your name. This is a username that anyone playing Mafia Wars Shakedown can see, so make sure that you pick one that is appropriate. Be creative!
How To Play
- You’ll now be taken to the main menu of the game, which has several different options when playing. You can Do Jobs to earn additional XP and cash for items, Steal money from your friends or allow you to add friends that are also playing Mafia Wars Shakedown.
- For now, let’s tap on Do Jobs. You’ll now be taken to the Bronx, where Fat Tony is the boss. The first job you can complete is called “Snatch Some Bling”. Tap on Do Job to send out some of your goons to do the job for you.
- You can send in more goons to complete the job by continually tapping the Do Job button.
- Once the job is complete, you will receive loot from it. Usually you will receive XP and cash for completing jobs, but you can also receive collection items that increase your Mafia’s points.
- After attempting the job a few more times, you should level up. When you level up, you are given the option about which type of goon you can receive. Early on in the game you will have less goons, so it’s probably a good idea to choose Job goons for now.
- Now we should try our hand at stealing some rare gems for some good loot. Go back to the main menu and select the “Steal Rare Gems” option.
- A menu will now show you all of the available Gems that you can steal. Seeing as how we are just starting out, Quartz is the only available gem. Tap on it to start the theft process.
- You will now be shown a list of all available players with Quartz in their inventory. Tap on Steal next to any of them to attempt to steal the Quartz from them.
- On the battle screen, you will be shown your stats compared to the person you are stealing from. You are now betting your goons on the probability that you will win the fight and steal the Quartz.
- If you look at the screenshot above, you will note that my stats are much greater than Billy’s, so I have a very good chance of winning the fight. However, you can never be too careful so I should send out as many goons as possible to win.
- Bet 10 of your goons (if available) and tap on “Fight” to get things going.
- You will immediately be shown the results of the fight. If you won, you will take the gems you were going after. If you lose, you may earn a few XP but nothing more.
- Now that you’ve stolen a gem from another player, you need to protect it from other players stealing it from you. On the results screen, you can set bombs so that players will be hurt if they try to steal from you. Simply tap on the “Place Bomb” button to place a bomb and protect the gem.
Taking Out Bosses
- Bosses are who controls a certain area in the game. In the Bronx, the boss is Fat Tony. In order to even fight a boss in an area, you will first need to master all of the jobs within.
- To master a job, keep doing it over and over until the progress bar is full. Do this to all of the jobs in the area to fight the boss.
- After you’ve mastered all the jobs in an area, the boss will be unlocked. Tap “Battle” on him to start the fight.
- On the boss battle screen, you will need to take note of a few things. The boss’ health bar at the top of the screen shows how he is faring in the fight. In the lower left corner is your health bar. Don’t let yours get too low or the boss may just take you out!
- If you feel you are not able to finish the boss, you can always run from the battle by tapping the run away button in the top left corner of the screen.
- Essentially, just keep tapping the “Fight” button until the battle is over.
- Beating a boss will award you with special items (such as bombs), XP and cash. After beating a boss the first time, you will need to go back for additional rounds after you master the jobs again.
- To help gain an advantage over the bosses, you can get help from your friends and have them join up in your mafia.
Building Your Mafia
- One of the first things you should do when building your mafia is login to Facebook. Facebook makes it much easier to find friends and stay with them.
- Tap on the “Add From Facebook” option to be allowed to sign in with Facebook. If you need to change accounts or sign out, you can do so from the Settings screen.
- Another idea is to add friends by Mafia Code. If you have friends on an instant messenger, chat room, email or SMS texting you can send them your Mafia Code, which is listed under the My Mafia section of the main gameplay screen. Exchanging mafia codes will greatly help you out in many fights.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Mafia Wars Shakedown on iPhone and iPod Touch. You now have the skills and knowledge you need to become the ultimate don. For more guides like this, plus reviews, previews, news and more keep checking back with Gamezebo!