Game Introduction – Assassin’s Creed Rearmed
Assassin’s Creed Rearmed, developed by Ubisoft, is a multiplayer game where you must kill or be killed. Discover and assassinate your enemies before they do the same and obliterate you. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Assassin’s Creed Rearmed is a free application and can be found by clicking on the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- You have the option to create a Uplay account, which is Ubisoft’s social gaming network. To register for a Uplay account, you will be asked to provide your country of residence, date of birth, and email address when you join.
- You will be able to play the game in two methods;
- Bluetooth – If you have a friend with a bluetooth device you can tap on “Blutetooth” in the main screen and connect to play against them.
- WI-FI or 3G network - Here you will play through Apple’s Game Center social gaming network. You can connect here with friends or you will be randomly assigned one to four players based on what you choose. Make sure you are registered with Game Center before you begin.
- Social Connectivity – The game has the ability to connect you to the outside world via Twitter or Facebook, as well as email and SMS each time you level up in the game and want to announce it on your social accounts. If you want to post your score and rank at any other time, simply tap on the globe button at the bottom of the “Session” screen and then tap on the method you wish to communicate with.
- Tap “Join” to initiate a game with you and one or more computer generated opponents.
- Tap “Create” to initiate a game in the “Game Center” and play against one to four other players in real time.
- When you see this Game Center screen tap on the top right corner to begin playing after you choose your opponents.
- Choose a persona – You will be asked to choose a persona before each game. Some will be locked and you will see a tiny padlock on them. Any that are not locked you can tap on to choose. The name of the persona will be shown at the top of the screen. You have 30 seconds to choose your persona or one will be chosen for you. There is a countdown timer at the top center of the screen.
- Next, tap on the check mark button at the bottom right of the screen to proceed or the home button at the bottom left if you would like to exit.
- You will now be taken briefly to a screen where you will see your opponents and learn their names and personas.
- Choose Ability - Once you tap to proceed you will be taken to the “Abilities” screen. At first you will only have one unlocked which is “Disguise” as you level up more of these will unlock for you and you can choose the one you feel is most useful to you in your game. Again, you have 30 seconds to choose an ability or one will be chosen for you.
- Next you will proceed to one of four locations which are also known as “Maps” You will play in either Venice, Alhambra, San Donato, or Jerusalem.
Game Screen Elements
- Game Screen – You will now be taken to the game screen. You will see everything from an overhead view. Each game last for five minutes and there is a countdown timer at the top center of the screen. The game is set up so that if you or your opponent are killed, the game will immediately start over allowing you to try to kill your opponent as many times as possible to earn points.
- Your character - Your character will be shown in the center of the screen and you will shortly see an arrow that points in the general direction of one of your enemies.
- Enemies - It is important you take note of the enemies shown in the upper left hand corner of the game screen in their “Contract Windows” as this is how they will look in the game. The windows on the right side of the screen shows how many citizens of each type are walking around at a given time. The challenge of the game lies in the fact that the area is crowded with many people walking around that look the same as your enemies. You will have to figure out who they are by how they act such as looking back abruptly or running all of a sudden. If you see anyone do anything out of the ordinary you can assume they are the enemy and you must get them before they get you.
- Killing enemies – Once you spot an enemy you will need to get them into the blue circle that surrounds your character. This is known as the “Interaction Zone” next tap on them avoiding any innocent citizens in the zone. Based on your weapon strength and abilities you have in effect you will earn florins, and XP points for each time you kill an enemy.
- Getting Killed by Enemies – When you are killed by an enemy you will see a red border of blood appear around the game screen then you will see a text message announcing who has killed you. The session will be scored and the game will begin again in a few seconds. This will happen repeatedly whether you kill or are killed until the five minute game session is over.
How to move around the game screen
- Walking – Tap once anywhere on the screen that you wish to move outside the blue circle seen around your character and he will walk to the area you tapped. Let the white arrow guide your direction. Be very aware that enemies will be on you very quickly.
- Running - You will have to run from enemies as well as run after them. To do this, double tap outside the blue circle or “Interaction zone” and you will see it get smaller as your character runs.
- Help Arrow – The white arrow will point you in the direction of your enemy. Carefully tap outside the interaction zone (blue circle) to walk toward your enemy. The arrow will fade as you get closer and completely disappear when you have him close enough to attack. Note – If you run toward your enemy he will be alerted to your presence. You want to be as calm and discreet as you can when approaching an enemy to get him into your interaction zone for the kill.
- How to spot your enemies – Be sure to look at the upper right or left sides of the game screen for your “Contract Windows” to see what your enemies will look like. Watch for strange movements among all of the people walking around. If you see someone look behind them or suddenly begin running away or toward you that is a good indication it is your enemy. Many of the people walking around will look like you and your enemies so it will be hard to spot them until they make some kind of move. Sometimes you or an enemy will walk on a rooftop. There are special rules to killing and being killed if you are both on different levels.
- Killing your enemy - Once you have your enemy picked out of a crowd tap on him carefully once to stun and walk toward them. (Anyone you tap on your will walk toward) Once they are in the interaction zone tap on him again to kill. You will see blood splattered and a message will appear in the lower left corner saying that you killed your enemy successfully. The more enemies you kill, the more XP points and Florins you will earn.
- After you kill your enemy the game will keep playing over again until the five minute session is over or you stop the session.
- How to keep your enemies from killing you – When you start the game begin to walk and try to blend in with the civilians. If you stop, turn around, run, or go onto a roof you will make yourself easy to spot. You only want to move to pursue your enemies. If you are able to catch your enemies without being detected first you will earn an “Incognito Bonus” of 30 points.
Avoid Stunning innocent Citizens
- Be careful that before you tap on anyone that you have your enemy and not an innocent citizen.
- Anyone you tap on in your interactive zone will be stunned. This gives you a moment to attack your enemies.
- If you stun a citizen valuable points will be deducted from your score.
- Weapons - As you level up you will be able to carry more and better weapons to use against your enemies as well as abilities. These can be found in the game store by tapping on “Store” in the main menu. These will cost real currency and will count as an in app purchase from the iTunes store.
- Belts/Belt Slots - You can purchase a belt from the store which increases the number of weapons or abilities you can use.
- Belt Cool-downs – These improve all of your ability and weapon cool-downs.
- Blade – You start out with a basic blade. If you purchase a better blade in the store you will do more damage which will increase your overkill bonus.
- Blade Range – Purchase this to increase your interaction zone. (Blue circle or kill zone around your character becomes larger making it easier to play)
- Throwing Knives – Purchase these in the shop once you level up to unlock them. Here you can attack enemies standing on the rooftops while you are in the street.
- Poison - If you use this on your enemy you will earn a large point bonus.
- Bracers – Bracers improve your kill streaks and overall point scores.
- Bracer Streak – This indicates the number of kills you need to get in one five minute session to gain a streak.
- Boots – Boots provide extra XP and Florins while you wear them.
- Abilities can also be purchased in the game store using diamonds for premium abilities and florins for basic abilities.
- Some of the basic abilities used in the game are listed here –
- Teleport – Use this to move to a new location of the screen quickly.
- Templar Vision – This allows you to see enemies that are close to you briefly.
- Sprint Boost – Allows you to briefly run faster.
- Disguise – This allows you to hide from your enemies longer and mislead them.
Weapon and Ability Cool-down Periods
- Cool-down - Each ability and weapon has a brief amount of time you can use it. You will see at the bottom of the screen an icon that represents each weapon or ability you are using. You will see a type of clock face on the icon showing its use time and then its cool-down time which is the time you must wait before you can use it again. If you purchase a belt cool-down you can improve all ability cool-downs.
- Your backpack serves as your inventory and can be accessed from the main menu by first tapping on “Store” then on “Backpack” Here you will see what items you have in inventory and can use them by tapping on “Item Equipped”
- Visit the blacksmith (Also found in the “Store” menu) to increase the damage or range of your blade. You will be given more weapons here as you level up. Tap on a weapon to use it. You will see a blue check mark next to the weapons you have on your belt to use.
- Longer blades increase the range of your interaction zone and do more damage earning you more points.
- Incognito Bonus – You will earn this bonus of 30 points if you can attack an enemy without being detected first.
- Overkill bonus - Your stealth kills will be rewarded with the overkill bonus which increases with weapon damage.
- Dropkill Bonus – You will earn this bonus if you kill an enemy in the street while you are on a rooftop.
- The game gives you the ability to practice the game using computer generated opponents which does not affect your score. This is highly recommended before you start playing against real people.
- Tap on the “Learn” option and then on “Practice”
- Choose your opponents abilities – You can choose “Stealthy, Aggressive, or Balanced”
- Choose one of four map locations.
- At times it seems the practice sessions are more difficult than the actual games against other players so be sure to practice. If you can beat the computer it will be much easier to beat human opponents!
- Note you will see a score summary after each battle but this does not count toward your score or rank while in practice mode. It just shows you what you would have scored in a real time game.
- The game has two types of currencies.
- Diamonds - Allows you to purchase premium items and abilities as well as exclusive personas. You can purchase a minimum of 10 Diamonds for 99 cents or as many as 2500 Diamonds for $99.99 USD.
- Florins – These are like gold coins and allow you to buy the standard items and abilities in the game. You can purchase these in the store using real currency as well. You can purchase 10,000 Florins for .99 cents and 2,500,000 Florins for $99.99 USD.
- This is considered an in app purchase and charged to your iTunes account.
Achievements and Leader board
- As you play the game you will unlock various achievements which will be shown briefly at the top of the game screen as you accomplish them. Log into the game center by tapping on “Achievements or Leader board” from the “Profile” option on the main menu to see what you have completed as well as what you need to complete.
- If your scores have put you on the leader board you will be shown with the user name you used when your registered for Game Center.
- You have completed the basic game play guide for Assassin’s Creed Rearmed. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!