Castle Empire – Game Introduction
Castle Empire is an iPhone game developed by Nebula Soft Inc. that lets you turn an ancient castle into a bustling restaurant for monsters. Gamezebo’s Castle Empire strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats to help you build the best restaurant around.
Quick Start Guide
- Castle Empire can be played by clicking the “Free – Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- You can play the game offline or, if you want to play with friends, you can connect via Facebook. The game will prompt you to sign in using Facebook each time you start up a new game.
Navigating the Screen
- The main game screen (when you’re in your castle/restaurant) is full of all sorts of information, represented by a number of icons located around the edge of the screen.
- Down the left hand side of the screen you’ll find: an exclamation point icon (which shows any current quests you may have) and an envelope icon (which shows any messages from other players you may have).
- Along the top of the screen, from left to right, you’ll find: a meter that shows your current experience level and how close you are to reaching the next one, a rating out of five that shows how popular your restaurant is, how much gold you have, and how many gems you have (the game’s premium currency).
- Down the right hand side of the screen you’ll find: a large diamond icon where you can buy additional gems with real world money; a map icon that takes you to the map screen; a trunk icon where you can purchase food and other entertainment items; a hammer icon where you can build stoves, decorations, and other helpful items; and a little devil face, where you can find additional information of your employees.
Managing Your Restaurant
- Your main source of income comes from feeding monsters. To cook them you’ll need a stove (which you’ll have one of at the outset).
- When a stove has an exclamation point over it it means that it is free to cook some food. Tapping on it will bring up a list of food items, which you’ll unlock more of as you gain more experience levels. Each type of food has different characteristics, such as how much money it will earn you and how long it takes to cook.
- When food is ready to serve a green checkmark will appear. Tapping on this will cause your employees to begin serving the food. A number will appear over the dish, which depicts how many servings it’s good for.
- You can only have as many meals being served as you have stoves.
- In order to eat a plate of food your customers will need tables.
- If you find customers are walking out without purchasing food there can be various causes. As your restaurant increases in size you’ll need to regularly increase the number of stoves and tables accordingly. You’ll also need to hire additional staff. The maximum number of staff you can have is listed on the little devil icon in the lower right corner.
- To hire a new staff member simply tap any customer and select the “Hire” option.
- In addition to food, your customers can also be entertained with items like TVs and arcade machines, which can be purchased from the hammer menu.
- You’ll need to regularly refill these items with new games and shows, and it works in much the same way as when you make food.
- Decorations can also be helpful in earning money and improving the restaurant experience. Certain decorations will increase the amount of money customers will tip you. Simply place a decoration near a table and you’ll see how the payout will increase.
- Adding new floors (purchased from the hammer menu) can improve the speed of your employees. The more expensive the floor, the faster your employees will go.
Looking After Employees and Combat
- Each of your employees has different characteristics, including special abilities and health points. You can check all of this information (as well as give them a new name) by selecting the little devil icon on the lower right hand side of the screen.
- If an employee is low on health you can let them rest to regenerate. Simply tap on them (not from the menu, but in the actual restaurant scene) and select rest. They will stay put and sleep until their health regenerates.
- For some reason, in the game you’ll be attacking rival restaurants. To bring up a list of available targets select the map icon on the right hand side of the screen.
- If you’re playing offline the rival castles will be random computer generated castles. If you’re playing with friends they will be included as well.
- Once a castle has been defeated it is given a grace period to regenerate. Castles that are regenerating will be covered in flames, and will have a countdown clock over top of them that depicts when they can be attacked again.
- Once you select a target you’ll be able to look at their particular army of restaurant workers. Then, when you’re ready, select the “Fight” option.
- You’ll be able to choose which of your employees to send into battle. It’s usually best to send as many as possible, though employees who are low on health may want to sit out a battle.
- As you progress you’ll be able to unlock weapons and other bonuses to aid your employees in battle.
- Battles happen automatically once you’re set. You don’t have control over your employees, though you can grab the bags of money that pop out of defeated enemies.
- You’ll earn cash, experience, and sometimes items when you win a battle. Any items one will be placed in your chest.
- You’ve completed the Castle Empire quick start guide for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Now you have all the skills you need to build the best castle around. Be sure to keep checking back with Gamezebo for our extensive coverage with reviews, previews, guides, and more.