Game Introduction – Tiny Pets
Tasked with helping your friend Sully the dog, you must create a livable environment in Tiny Pets for cute animals to live in. However, Spendington does not want you or your friends living in TinyLand, so you will have challenges to face. Don’t fret, as Gamezebo’s quick start guide has all the tips, tricks and walkthroughs to help you along the way!
Quick Start Guide
- To get started playing Tiny Pets, you’ll first need to download and install it from the iTunes App Store by clicking the ‘Play Now’ button at the top of this screen.
- Once it has finished downloading, you can find it on the home screen of your device. Just look for and tap on the icon labeled Tiny Pets to start playing.
- From the main menu, you are given the option to adjust settings or start playing immediately. To start playing immediately, just hit the Play button now. If you want to adjust sound, music and notification options, push the Settings button now.
- Note: Tiny Pets requires a constant internet connection to play. Make sure you are near a Wi-Fi connection or have a 3G connection before playing.
Building your environment
- Sully’s friends have all decided to move-in to TinyLand, and it’s up to you to build their habitats so they can live there permanently.
- One of the first tasks you will come across upon entering the game will be to build Sully’s friend Truckee a Quackery for him to live in.
- To build the Quackery: Tap on the Build icon in the lower left corner of the screen. Now, tap on the Pets icon and then on Truckee. You will then be taken into placement mode where you can place the Quackery anywhere in the environment you currently control.
- When you have decided where to place the Quackery, tap on the check mark to finish placing it. You will now exit placement mode and can begin building it to completion.
- Tap on the Quackery, then on the “Start Building” button. After a few seconds have passed, the Quackery will be halfway built. Simply press the same button again to finish building it.
- Truckee will now move in, and be happy as can be.
- After you’re done dealing with Truckee, you will likely receive similar requests for homes from Sully’s friends Terry the cat and Hamilton the hamster. If you want to build those, you can now in order to complete the goals available.
- Remember, each new home costs coins to purchase and build. Only place a new home if you are sure you have enough coins to finish building it once placed.
- After you’re done placing these brand new homes, you will likely notice that one or more of them has a countdown timer when you tap on them. This means that these homes require extra time to finish and won’t be ready until the countdown timer has finished. In the meantime, you can complete other tasks.
Searching for lost pets
- Not all pets are lucky enough to have homes, and can occasionally get lost. Luckily, the Missing Pets Bureau can set you up with finding these missing critters.
- To help search for lost pets, tap on the Search icon on the bottom of the screen. The Missing Pets Bureau menu will pop-up showing you a list of all available missing pets along with the reward amount you will receive if you find them. Clues are also given about their last-known whereabouts.
- Starting a mission is as easy as tapping the Search Now button and confirming. You will then be taken to their last known location area. I hope you paid attention to the clue given on the selection screen, because now you have to guess where the lost pet is.
- For example, when searching for Billy the Cat, the clue given is that “Billy was last spotted near the meadow!” On the screen shown, there are two squares with meadows on them, so Billy must be on one of those two squares.
- Once you find a missing animal, you will instantly collect the reward coins and be taken back to TinyLand. If the missing pet you found was a friend of one of the residents, they will now be extra happy.
- If you are unsuccessful and out of tries when searching for a lost pet, you will have to wait a certain amount of time before searching again.
Learning about your pets
- The pets you take care of in TinyLand may have more to them than meets the eye.
- If you want to learn more about your animals, you can view their albums to take a closer look.
- Tap on the Album button to be taken to a selection screen that will show all of the different pets that live in TinyLand. Now tap on the pet you would like to know more about.
- You will now see the different trait that pet has to offer. For instance, Terry the cat is very friendly and affectionate. She also loves milk, cuddling and her favorite ice cream is Caramel Tuna Swirl.
Visiting friends and social features
- Tiny Pets also gives you the ability to visit friends as well as strangers to see how their TinyLand stacks up to yours!
- To access the social features, tap on the Social icon at the bottom of the bottom of the main gameplay screen.
- From here, you will be asked to create a Tiny ID to play with friends. Simply enter a unique screen name and tap the Create button to continue.
- If you have friends with Tiny IDs, you can then add them from the friends tab to begin visiting their TinyLands.
- Don’t have any friends playing Tiny Pets? Not to worry, simply tap on the Community tab to be taken to a list of public TinyLands for you to visit. Simply select which one you’d like to visit, and go!
- After you’re done visiting another TinyLand, don’t forget to leave a tip for the other player. I’m sure they’d appreciate it!
- You have completed the quick start guide for Tiny Pets. Now that you know all about building your pets’ houses, you can create your own thriving TinyLand! Be sure to check back with Gamezebo for more guides, plus reviews, previews, news and more.