Dirty Dancing – Game Introduction
Dirty Dancing is a new game for Facebook, based on the hit film, and developed by Social Game Universe. In the game you will build a resort and help your guests find love.
Quick Start Guide
- Dirty Dancing is played on Facebook and you will need to have a current account to play. If you need to register for a free account click here – http://www.facebook.com
- Once you have a Facebook account you are ready to play and can click on the “Free – Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- You will be asked to give permission to allow the developer to post messages on your profile page at Facebook. Click on “Allow” and proceed to the game.
Navigating The Screen
- The top toolbar is where you will find your current experience and level, the number of couples you’ve created, the number of available beds, you currency balance, and your watermelon balance (used for purchasing premium items).
- On the left side of the screen you will find your current quests.
- At the bottom of the screen you will find your scrapbook and the shopping toolbar. Below that is your friend toolbar.
- Hearts: Collect hearts to gain experience. Hearts are earned from the various attractions in your resort and also by completing quests and creating couples.
- Couples: By spreading romance around the resort you can help your guests find that special someone. Couples will visit attractions together and that will in turn earn you hearts and coins.
- Beds: The number of beds you have available is also how many guests your resort can accommodate. To accommodate more guests you will need to build additional lodging.
- Coins: The currency in Dirty Dancing. Coins are earned in a variety of ways, including your attractions and completing quests.
- Attractions: Activities for guests to participate in. There are a number of different attractions that you can build and they will earn you hearts and coin over time.
- Cars: How your guests arrive at the resort. You can unlock new cars as you level up. Each car brings a certain number of guests to your resort. Just make sure you have enough beds to accommodate them all.
- Guests: The visitors to your resort. They will visit your attractions and leave behind hearts and coins.
- Dance show: Put on dance shows to earn extra romance waves.
- Dance combo: Discover unique dance combos to earn bonuses.
- Dancers: Combine different dance partners to create unique dance combos. Each dancer has a style of dance that they are proficient in and these styles can be mixed and matched.
- Romance wave: Romance waves spread romance around your resort. Each wave will earn a guest one heart. Once they have three hearts they are ready to fall in love.
- Scrapbook: As you level up and complete quests you will unlock stills from the film. These will be stored in your scrapbook, which can be found in the bottom left of your screen.
- Watermelons: Used to purchase premium items in the game. Watermelons can be purchased using Facebook credits or can be earned by leveling up.
Building Your Resort
- To make your resort successful, you will need plenty of attractions to make your guests happy.
- To purchase attractions, go to your bottom toolbar and click on the attractions button. It is the button that features a table and two chairs.
- Scroll through the attractions and select the one you would like to purchase. You may need to save up some coins before you can afford to buy some of them
- Once you have selected the attraction you wish to build, click on it and place it on your map.
- If you wish to build the same attraction multiple times you can place another one on your map. Otherwise, click on the toolbar to cancel the action.
- Your attraction will take some time to build. You will need to wait until it is completed.
- Once an attraction is completed you can start to earn money and hearts from it. When couples visit an attraction, they will stay there for a certain amount of time. Once they leave you will need to collect the hearts and coins they leave behind before the attraction becomes available again.
- For your resort to be successful you will also need room for all your guests. To increase the number of beds you have available you will need to build additional lodges.
- You can find lodges on the bottom toolbar under the lodges button (picture of a house).
- Select the lodge you wish to build and place it on your map. Once you have placed all the copies you would like to, click cancel on the toolbar.
- Wait until your lodge had been built and your accommodation capacity will increase.
- If you want to move one of your attractions or lodges, you can click on it to bring up your options. You can choose to move it, place it in your inventory or sell it.
- This wouldn’t be a game based on Dirty Dancing without a dance element. To create dance shows click on the stage located on your map. This will open the dance show window.
- Your dancers are made up of a combination of your friends and hired dancers. Some dancers can be hired using coins and others must be purchased with watermelons.
- Friends can participate in a dance show once every six hours and hired dancers can participate every three hours. After performing they will need to rest or you can rejuvenate them using watermelons.
- Every dancer in the game has a specific style of dance that they are proficient in. The various dances available are the tango, waltz, foxtrot, meringue, and the mambo.
- You will need to select at least one dancer for a show, but the more dancers you use the better your show will be.
- Combine various dance styles to earn bonuses. For example, a combo of the foxtrot, the mambo and the tango can earn you a bonus romance wave.
- The more dancers you have in a show, the longer the rehearsal will last. A show with one dancer will need only five minutes of rehearsal, while a show of five will take 12 hours.
- The more dancers in a show the more romance waves you can earn. You can collect your romance waves once a rehearsal has ended and they will be added to your total.
- Once you have collected enough romance waves, it’s time to spread them around.
- Click on the “Spread Romance” button at the top left of your screen to start.
- The best method for spreading romance is to find an area with a lot of guests walking around and click near them.
- This will send out a romance wave. Each guest has a little bar above their head that has three empty hearts in it. Every wave they are hit with will fill one of those hearts. Once all three are filled they will be ready to find someone to fall in love with.
- When a couple has been created a heart will appear. Collect it for experience.
- Decorations also put out small romance waves. Hover over a decoration in the shopping toolbar to see how far their wave radius is.
- Decoration waves cause chain reactions when you release a romance wave, allowing your wave to have a larger reach.
- Coins are primarily earned through your attractions and visiting guests.
- Each guest who visits your resort will earn you 25 coins. Be sure to click on cars that are waiting to bring guests into the resort.
- Attractions earn coins when couples visit them. Each group will stay at an attraction for a certain length of time and when they leave they will leave behind hearts and coins.
- You will need to click on the attraction to collect the hearts and coins. This also allows the attraction to reopen.
- You will want to visit your resort fairly regularly to collect all your coins. The more often you visit the more coins you will earn because your attractions won’t be closed.
- Leveling up is done by gaining experience and experience in Dirty Dancing is represented by hearts.
- Hearts are earned through attractions just like coins are and also through the completion of quests.
- Your quests can be found on the left side of your screen. If you wish to see the details of any given quest, you can click on the quest icon to open the quest window.
- Once you have completed a quest you will need to open the quest window to finish it.
- When you level up you will unlock new attractions, decorations, and various other items within the game.
- When you level up you will also get to choose between to bonus unlocks. These appear on the level up screen and you will need to select the one you wish to unlock and then click the unlock button. You can unlock both by using watermelons.
- Also, when you level up and/or complete quests you will unlock a still from the movie Dirty Dancing. You can see all the stills you’ve unlocked by clicking on your scrapbook which is located at the bottom left of your screen.
You have completed the quick start guide for Dirty Dancing by Social Game Universe. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.