Coco Girl – Game Introduction
Coco Girl is a dress-up/fashion game on Facebook. Dress up your avatar and compete against other players for the look of the day or even all time. This guide will help you get familiar with the world and give you tips on getting started.
Quick Start Guide
Coco Girl is different from a lot of games on Facebook in the fact that you do not use energy to complete tasks and you do not level up. Your task is to grow your wardrobe and create unique looks that other players can vote on.
Navigating the Screen
Many of the icons on the screen change when you change locations. This section will cover the ones that are mostly constant.
- Top toolbar: This is where you will find you rubies balance, Facebook credit balance, and your heart balance. While in your home you will also have access to your daily task list. If you are anywhere else (except the map screen) you will also have access to map and home button.
- Left toolbar: This is where you will find your current quests.
- Bottom toolbar: This is where you will find your friend toolbar and the toggle between friends and global players that you are following.
- Rubies: The currency of Coco Girl. These are earned in numerous ways including creating daily looks, completing quests, and selling items and clothing.
- Hearts: Used to unlock special clothing items. There are numerous colored hearts to unlock and each one is unlocked in a different way. Please see the section on hearts for a complete list.
- Ruby maker check list: A daily list of tasks that if completed will reward you with a large bonus.
- Diary: Here you can see all your past looks.
- Calendar: Here you can track how many daily looks you’ve completed. Clicking on a day will take you to your diary.
- Notebook: Tracks how many rubies you’ve earned rating looks. Also used to check how your sales are going.
- Closet: Here you can display your favorite clothes for your friends to see.
- Chest: This is where your wardrobe that you aren’t displaying is stored.
Creating Your Avatar
- The first thing you will need to do in Coco Girl is create your avatar.
- You will get to design your avatar using any of the available face shapes, hairstyles, facial features, and makeup options that are available.
- If you wish to change any of your features later in the game you will need to visit the salon. At this point you will need to purchase any changes using rubies.
- Once you have designed your avatar you are ready to start playing.
- Your home is where you will be able to dress your avatar, view your dairy, vote for other players, and see your daily ruby-maker checklist. This section will help you familiarize with the items in your home as well as what their functions are.
- The door will take you directly to the map. Please see the section on the world map to learn more.
- Your laptop can be used to check any messages you might have received.
- The calendar allows you to see what days you’ve completed a daily look for. Days that you have created a look for will be marked with a check mark. If you click on a day you will be taken to that look in your diary.
- Your diary allows you to view all your past looks.
- The magazine, Fashion Expert, allows you to vote and rate other players’ looks.
- The picture on the wall opens the “Look of the Day.” Here you can see the highest rated look for the day as well as for all time.
- The dress form will take you to your closet. Here you will be able to create your look of the day and quest looks.
- Your closet is where you can create your daily look and quest looks.
- You can also purchase items to decorate your closet by clicking on the edit room button that appears in the top toolbar.
- There are various items that you can purchase. They are as follows:
- Wardrobes for displaying your clothes
- Mannequins for displaying outfits
- Displays for accessories
- Wall patterns
- Floor patterns
Creating a Look
- To create a look (either a daily look or quest look), you will first need to access your closet.
- Once in your closet you will want to click on the chest button located at the bottom of the screen. This will open your full wardrobe.
- Your wardrobe can be filtered by clothing type or you can choose to view everything at once.
- To select an item to wear you just need to click on it. Clothes layer on top of each other so keep that in mind.
- If you want to remove an item just click on the image again.
- Once you are happy with your look, click on the continue button to finalize your look.
The Game World – The Map
- Coco Shops is the shopping center in Coco Girl.
- This is where you will be purchasing the majority of your wardrobe.
- There are up and down arrows located on the right side of the screen. Use these to view all the floors in the shopping center.
- Click on a store to visit it. This will open the stores window.
- You can move around the store by using the arrows located on the right of the screen.
- You can purchase any number of things in the stores including clothes, accessories and shoes.
- Items cost a combination of rubies and/or hearts. Premium items can only be purchased using Facebook credits.
- To purchase an item, click on it. This will allow you to see what it will look like on your avatar. If you are happy with the item, click on the buy button to confirm your purchase. The item will be automatically placed in the chest in your closet.
- The Coco Market is where you can buy items from other players and/or sell your own items.
- The seller sets the price so be prepared to see rare items being sold for millions of rubies.
- To sell an item, click on the sell tab and select the item you wish to sell.
- This will open a window that will allow you to set the price of the item.
- There is a 10 percent selling fee, so be sure to keep that in mind when you are selling something.
- Items will be on sale for seven days and if they haven’t sold in that time, they will be returned to your wardrobe.
- Coco Cargo is where you can buy imported outfits from an exclusive catalogue.
- These items are high in price and must be delivered. They take several days to arrive.
- Click on the catalogue to see what clothes are available for purchase.
- Once you have selected an item you will need to wait for it to be delivered.
- If you don’t visit your home in a timely fashion after your item is delivered it will be returned.
- At this time all items in the catalogue can be purchased using rubies, but they are high priced items so you will need to save up.
Hall of Fame
- The Hall of Fame shows the look of the day and the all time top look. You can also view the top fashion experts in the game.
- The Coco Salon is where you can go to change your look.
- Here you can change your makeup, appearance, and hairstyle.
- This will take you to your home. Please see the above section on your home for more details.
- Here you can play games and win tickets that can be used to purchase exclusive items only available from the carnival.
- There are three games to play in the carnival. They are as follows:
- Fashion Slot: Try to stop the wheel on the correct clothing item to earn tickets.
- Love Machine: Connect the tubes to lead the two characters to one another
- Elusive Treasures: Find as many hidden objects as you can in the time provided.
- Each game can be played three times, but only if you select to try again. If you exit the game you will not be able to play again until the next day.
- Once you have earned enough tickets you can click on the ticket booth to select the item you wish to buy. You can also trade your tickets in for rubies.
This section will give you a rundown of the hearts and what you need to do to earn them.
- The heart colors and requirements are as follows:
- Red: Create three daily looks
- Yellow: Create five outfits
- Green: Create a daily look each day for a week
- Blue: Pass five look challenges
- Purple: Scare at least 100 accuracy “Fashion Expert” each day for a week
- Pink: Create a daily look each day for a month
- White: Pick up 10 items from the laundromat
- Hearts are used to purchase special items in the Coco Shops.
- The Fashion Expert magazine is accessed through your home.
- It will allow you to vote on other players’ looks. There are three types of voting challenges that appear.
- Rating an outfit on a five star scale.
- Giving a thumbs up or thumbs down for a quest look. The quest details will be displayed on the right so you will know what event they were dressing for.
- Choose your favorite from three different looks.
- When you create a look it will be entered into these contests so be sure to submit your best looks.
- Visit your friends to see their closets and what clothes they’ve chosen to display.
- You can also help your friends out by picking items up for them at the laundromat.
- Click on the laundromat button and select five items to pick up for them.
- You can also view your friend’s diary and see their previous daily looks.
- Rubies are earned in a variety of ways. They can be earned by completing daily looks, finishing quests, or selling your old and/or rare clothes in the Coco Market. You can also earn bonus rubies by completing your daily ruby-maker checklist.
- You’ll need rubies to build your wardrobe so you’ll want to save them early on. Once you’ve built up a large enough wardrobe you’ll definitely want to look into selling some rare pieces in the Coco Market. Many items are selling in the millions.
You have completed the quick start guide for Coco Girl on Facebook. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.