Game Introduction – Hospital Story
Hospital Story is a time management game from Dream Cortex for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Forceps, please! Building and maintaining your very own hospital is the goal here, and you’ll need all the help you can get. The only constant is that there will be a never-ending flow of patients who need your help to get well. With Gamezebo’s quick start guide, you’ll be handing out cures like a boss in no time.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started and playing Hospital Story, you’ll first need to download and install the app by clicking the “Get It Now” button at the top of this screen.
- Once the game has finished installing, you can find the app on your home screen. Tap on the icon labeled “Hospital Story” to get playing.
- At this point, you will be signed in with Game Center. If you do not have a Game Center account, you will need to quickly sign up for one using your iTunes ID.
- Now, enter your name and you can then get started in your hospital.
Playing the game
- While Hospital Story is a freemium game, it does involve more actions than other games of this type and requires that you spend a lot of time managing your hospital.
- When a sick patient first enters your hospital, they will be waiting at the top of the screen for you to take care of them.
- Tap on the patient waiting, and hold to drag him to the desired station and tap on them to send a doctor or nurse to begin their visit. As you likely don’t know yet what is wrong with the patient, you will want to place them in the diagnosis station. Don’t let patients wait for too long though, as they can parish if you don’t serve them for a little while.
- Note: Some patients do not need diagnosis. For them, you can skip the diagnosis step and simply follow the icon above their head.
- Here, it will take just a few seconds for the diagnosis process to finish. When it’s done, you will need the doctor to head over to the patient for the final determination.
- After the doctor is finished determining what is ailing the patient, you will have to move the patient to the appropriate treatment center. The heart and hand icons shown above patients’ heads denote the treatment centers they require.
- Some patients will need multiple treatments. Just look above their head after they are done being treated, and it will show the icon of the other treatment center if needed.
- Watch out for celebrities as well. These types of patients will usually make a grand entrance and will provide your hospital with a huge money bonus if you manage to help them quickly.
- If you find yourself overwhelmed with needy patients and don’t have enough staff to serve them immediately, you should drag them to the appropriate treatment station (if available). This will allow you extra time before the patient would otherwise die. Remember, a dying patient doesn’t earn you any money, and you will need that money later on.
- After a patient is finished being treated, they will walk to the checkout area where you will need to tap in order to check them out. A good strategy here is to wait until there is a slight amount of queue in the checkout line before finishing it off. Don’t let them wait for too long though, because the patients won’t wait forever and will leave without paying if you don’t check them out after too long.
- After a certain amount of time passes and you have finished off all of the patients for the day, the clinic will close and you will be shown a report that organizes how well you did that day. Total Income is how much money you earned that day, Experience is how many experience points you were able to earn, Happy Customers is how many of the customers you served were happy with the treatment you gave them, and Unhappy is how many were dissatisfied.
Upgrading your hospital
- ·After each day, you will have the opportunity to upgrade certain aspects of your hospital, from hiring new employees to work for you to new treatment stations. You can even upgrade your employees to work faster. You will also earn more money per treatment if you decide to upgrade a treatment center (usually around $5 extra each time it’s used).
- ·To upgrade an item in your hospital, tap on it on the upgrade screen. This will bring up a menu showing the cost to you. If you want the upgrade, and have enough money, tap the OK button to purchase.
- ·Now, the next day, you will have your upgrades to use. Any and all upgrades will make playing the game easier, so there’s really no reason not to upgrade.
- ·Once you’re ready to start the next day, hit the Start button in the lower left corner. The next day will start immediately.
Achievements and leaderboards
- ·Achievements are also available to track your progress in the game, and leaderboards can help you track just how well your hospital is doing compared to your friends.
- ·To see your achievements, tap the main menu icon at the top left portion of the screen to go back to the main menu. From here, tap the icon that looks like a trophy.
- ·You will now be taken to a screen that shows you all of your achievements that you have gotten while playing.
- ·To see leaderboards, tap the appropriate icon on the top of the achievements screen. Here you can see how your scores compare to your friends, and even the world.
- ·You have completed the quick start guide for Hospital Story for iPhone and iPod Touch. Now that you know exactly how to run your hospital, you’ll be raking in the dough while helping those who need it most. For more guides like this one, plus reviews, previews, news and more, keep checking back with Gamezebo!