Game Introduction – Spy Mouse
Spy Mouse is an action puzzle game from Firemint and Electronic Arts for the iPhone and iPod Touch. You control a secret agent mouse that is destined to eat more cheese and dodge every pesky cat along the way. Finding the best path to each piece of cheese may not always be as easy as it looks but luckily Gamezebo’s quick start guide has all the tips, tricks and solutions you’ll need to play your best.
Quick Start Guide
Quick Start Guide
- To get started and playing Spy Mouse, you’ll first need to download and install the app by clicking the “Get It Now” button at the top of this screen.
- Once the game has finished installing, you can find the app on your home screen. Tap on the icon labeled “Spy Mouse” to get playing.
- At this point, you can also login to the Origin social network from EA. Using Origin, you can connect to your friends and share high scores in Spy Mouse. To sign up, tap the icon on the title screen in the top right corner. You will then be asked to enter in your email address and other information while registering. If you already have an EA online account from another game, you can use it to login here as well.
- After tapping Play on the title screen, you will be shown a quick tutorial on how to play Spy Mouse. If you’ve ever played Flight Control, you will find the gameplay to be very similar.
Playing the game
- Spy Mouse is setup a lot like other popular puzzle games on iOS such as Angry Birds and Cut the Rope. You will have a certain set of levels you can play and only when you finish a certain number of them may you move on to more advanced levels.
- The first level is extraordinarily easy and is only designed to give you a taste of the gameplay you will have throughout the rest of the experience.
- Essentially, you will control a mouse that wants to grab his cheese and then run out the door to not get caught by the numerous obstacles in his path.
- You control the mouse by dragging from him on the screen to his destination. On the first level, simply draw a line from the mouse to the cheese and then out the small mouse door to complete the level.
- Once the mouse has exited the level, you will receive your statistics and the level and be awarded points accordingly. Awards will also be given out at this time, and can be such things as: completing a level within a certain amount of time, not being spotted by any cats, using only one path, and more.
- You can see what these awards are while playing by hitting the pause button.
Solution for Level 1-3
- Level 1-3 is one of the first levels in Spy Mouse that could be considered challenging. This level has 2 cats and an odd place for a mouse door.
- First things first, wait for the cats to both be out of the way of the cheese as shown in the screenshot above. With them being out of the way, you can now run down and around the hallway to grab the cheese. Now, quickly maneuver down and to the left and into the mouse hole.
- If you’ve done this in the way I’ve described, you should have little trouble making it to the hole unscathed. Remember, cats can spot you while you’re playing but you don’t want them to catch you before you make into the hole if possible.
Solution for Level 1-4
- Level 1-4 is the first level in which you will have to initiate some additional strategy to your game plan in order to complete the level.
- At the start of the level, you will notice that the cheese you need to grab in this level is right next to the cat that is patrolling back and forth. How can we grab this cheese without being caught by the cat?
- First things first, draw a line to the right of the furniture directly in front of the mouse. This will draw the cat’s attention to the mouse and he will immediately start walking over to see what is going on.
- Quickly draw a line from the mouse back to the starting position of the level, then around to the cheese. If you did this correctly, the cat will be looking the other way while you are grabbing it.
- Once you have the cheese, run to the mouse hole directly above the position of the cheese and you will finish the level. That level can be a bit stressful and may take you a few tries but persistence is key in Spy Mouse.
Solution for Level 1-5
- Level 1-5 is the first level in Spy Mouse where you particularly have to dodge a cat’s pounce. They can be very deadly and dangerous, so it’s important that you know how to maneuver around the cats.
- Starting out, draw a line to the cheese; cutting through to the very upper left corner of the second room the mouse will travel through. Doing so will give the cat enough time to ready his pounce position and subsequently miss the mouse as he travels through.
- Once the mouse has made it to the cheese, you will essentially need to reverse the process, drawing a line the same way that was used to get the cheese. If the timing is right, the cat should once again miss his chances to pounce.
- Occasionally, the cat will come after the mouse with quick pounces in succession and will likely catch the mouse. You will have to restart the level if this happens, so be careful and mindful about where you place the travel lines for the mouse.
- One of the more unique features in Spy Mouse is the ability to unlock new levels by making friends with Spy Mouse players who happen to be near you.
- You will need to have GPS capability turned on first, and then this mode will automatically detect those nearby that are also playing Spy Mouse. Keep checking back regularly to see if you can find new players to share levels with.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Spy Mouse for iPhone and iPod Touch. Now that you know how to be a master secret agent mouse, you can sneak in and steal all the cheese you want! Keep checking back with Gamezebo for more guides plus reviews, previews, news and more!