Popular German point-and-click adventure finally gets an English release!
The Book of Unwritten Tales, a humorous point-and-click adventure from KING Art Games, has been available in Germany and other parts of Europe for a while already, but we’re happy to report that it has finally been confirmed for a North American release in fall 2011.
Here’s more about the game from the official website:
“In a world torn by war, the aged gremlin archaeologist Mortimer MacGuffin harbours the dark secret of a powerful artifact. Whoever calls this artefact his own, will determine the fate of the world.
While the Army of the Shadows sends out its best and most devious agents to discover the secret, the Alliance’s four heroes find themselves involuntarily drawn into the crisis…”
The game’s developer describes it as an homage to the role-playing and fantasy genres, with numerous allusions to popular literature and classic games like The Lord of the Rings, World of Warcraft, and Discworld.
“We are thrilled to announce the worldwide release of The Book of Unwritten Tales (or BoUT) in Fall 2011”, says Jan Theysen, Creative Director at KING Art. “We’ve invested a great amount of time, money and passion into the localization and believe that people all over the world will enjoy the new and improved English version.”
Game features include:
- An epic story with about 20 hours of gameplay
- English voice acting
- Detailed character animations with fine-tuned facial animations
- Numerous crazy characters – from two-headed ogres and vegetarian dragons to moronic mummies and good-natured zombies
- An extensive game world with detailed graphics and more than 60 elaborate locations
- More than 200 puzzles
- Detailed and zoomable 2D backgrounds with real-time 3D characters in Full HD (supports screen resolutions up to 1920×1200 pixels)
The Book of Unwritten Tales will be available for purchase on the game’s official website, as well as various digital distribution portals to be announced at a later time.