Game Introduction – Pocket RPG
Pocket RPG is an RPG game from Crescent Moon Games for the iPad. Choose your warrior and fight intense battles in many quests in a fantasy world. With Gamezebo’s quick start guide, you’ll be fighting strong in no time.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started and playing Pocket RPG, you’ll first need to download and install the app by clicking the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen.
- Once the game has finished installing, you can find the app on your home screen. Tap on the icon labeled “Pocket RPG” to get playing.
- At the main menu, you will need to select “New Game” to start playing the game. If you’ve already started playing Pocket RPG, you can just select “Resume” to start playing.
- Choosing your character is the next step, and you will be able to choose from the Dark Ranger, Blade Master or Battle Mage classes. Each has their own distinct play style, so make sure that you choose the one that fits your play style the most.
- At launch the game only features one save slot, so selecting “New Game” while you have one in progress will overwrite your current game.
Playing the Game
- Once you choose your character, you will be taken to the main map screen of the game. From this map, you will be taken to the main quests scattered throughout the game.
- The first quest is called “Trouble With Slimes” and involves the menacing slimes. You’ll apparently need to take out the leader in order to end the issues.
- Upon choosing the mission, the game will load for a bit (Beautiful 3D graphics can come at a price!) so just give it a few seconds to load in everything.
- In this mission, you will need to talk to the man standing directly to the left of your character immediately upon entering. To move your character, simply slide your finger on the left virtual joystick.
- Once in front of the man you need to talk to (noted by the “Speak To Me” text above his head), just tap on him to initiate the conversation with him. He tells us that the Slimes caught them by surprise and that he is the only survivor of the battle.
- After talking to him, go to the right until you find another soldier. He tells you “They ate it all!” and gives you a few extra gold just for speaking to him. Move past him and then up to meet your next wounded soldier. He gives you helpful advice in that the Slimes will split into smaller creatures, which will likely be just as dangerous as the regular sized ones.
- Move to the left and up to run into your first treasure chest. It will contain a valuable item that you can use on your opponents and some gold.
- At this point, let’s have a quick look at what that item was before fighting some Slimes. Tap on the item to view its stats, which will be shown below the inventory. In the case of the Blade Master, he receives the Dull Quick Sword, which is worth 343 gold, has 3 attack speed and has an attacking speed boost of 8%. While the sword he currently wields has a 4 attack rating, the speed boost of the Dull Quick Sword is much better for attacking quicker. Let’s equip the Dull Quick Sword now by holding on it and dragging into the sword slot below the character. Tap Exit to continue the mission.
- Another treasure chest is located just to the right of the character. Run all the way to the right to locate another potentially useful (or useless) item.
- Ready to fight some slimes? The last, and most vital aspect you’ll need to learn is attacking the slimes. This is where the right analog pad comes into play. Slide your finger on the pad into the direction of the enemy on the screen to attack an enemy in that direction. If you are a Blade Master, he will swing his swords in that direction. A Dark Ranger will shoot a projectile at the enemies and the Battle Mage will cast a spell that will injure the enemies in the direction.
- Watch out, these Slimes can be a real pain and can kill you easily. Keep an eye on your health meter, which is the large red meter off to the left of the screen. If it starts to get near empty, you’ll probably want to hold off on fighting any more enemies until you have more health. Getting killed is not the end of the world however, and you will still keep any skill points you earned while playing the mission.
- Once you have finished a mission, you’ll see a stat screen showing how well you did during the mission. Achievements will also be awarded at this point, so you can easily remember what medals you were awarded while playing. When you’re done reading the statistics here, go ahead and tap ‘Advance’ to continue.
Earning New Skills and Weapons
- After you level up in the game, you will earn skill points to be used after you complete quests. Leveling up your character is vital to being able to conquer more powerful enemies in the game.
- To gain new skills, you’ll need to tap on the skills button (denoted by a star) on the main map screen. Here you can see and purchase new skills for your character. Certain skills will require that you finish other quests first.
- New types of weapons can also be unlocked in mostly the same fashion as skills but you will use gold you find in missions other than skill points. You will access the Armoury (denoted by a helmet) in the game from the main map screen, and all you have to do to unlock these types of swords is by tapping on them to unlock them from this menu. Just like Skills, certain weapon types will not be available without completing quests first.
Shops and Items
- One in a while in missions, you will come across shops (denoted by large allies with big backpacks) that are designed to provide you with more powerful items and weapons so you can take on tougher enemies. After all, what can easily kill a few slimes might not be able to barely touch a much larger and stronger enemy.
- Tap on the shop ally to enter the shop. To buy an item, drag it with your finger to your inventory. To buy, simply perform the opposite.
- The best advice I can give is to sell the old weapons if you want to purchase new ones. Don’t bother keeping around much less powerful weapons if you are just going to replace them with better weapons anyway. Also, be wary of the items you buy as you may come across a powerful weapon by opening a chest or killing an enemy. Sometimes, purchasing is not the best option.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Pocket RPG for the iPad. Now that you know the ropes, you’ll be hackin’ and slashin’ your way through some killer dungeons in no time! Keep checking back with Gamezebo for additional guides, plus reviews, previews and more!