Island Empire – Game Introduction
Island Empire is an iPhone game developed by Tap4Fun that lets you build and manage a bustling port-side village. Gamezebo’s Island Empire strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats to help you build the biggest town on the seven seas.
Quick Start Guide
- Island Empire can be downloaded for free from the Apple app store by clicking the “Play Now” link at the top of this page.
- You’ll need to set-up an account in order to play, which involves nothing more than creating a username and password.
The Main Menu
- The majority of the things you can do in the game are accessed via the main menu, which is located at the bottom of the screen at virtually all times. The various options are as follows:
- Map – here you can check out neighboring towns, both player and computer controlled. Tapping a town will reveal its status, as the options you have for interacting with it, which include either attacking or spying. You’ll also see the town’s experience level: it’s wise only to attack towns that are at a similar or lower level than you are.
- Chat – this is a live chat room. It’s divided into sections, one in which anyone in the world can post, and another which is specific to your league, if you have joined one. It appears as though the chat rooms are unmoderated, so it’s likely that you’ll come across some offensive language if you spend a lot of time in there.
- Quests – at any given time you’ll have three quests to complete. Completing them earns you bonuses of resources and money. To get further information on a quest, tap check. Once you complete a quest you’ll need to return in order to collect your reward, at which point you’ll receive a brand new quest.
- Rank – this section shows you how you and your league compare to other players. You can view the top players in the world, as well as the top leagues, and your own specific rank.
- Store – this is where you buy precious gems, the premium currency in the game, which is used primarily for speeding up the construction of buildings. They are available in bundles that cost anywhere from $1 to $100.
- Mail – other players in the game can send you messages, but the mail tool is also used to provide useful information. If you successfully attack a town, for instance, details will be sent to your mailbox.
- Cities – here you can manage your cities. Though you’ll start out with just one, eventually you’ll have the option to expand to new areas.
- Menu – this is where you can either logout from the game or change your password. It doesn’t appear as though you can change your username, so make sure you pick something you want to stick with.
- Of course, the game is all about building a bustling town, so you’ll be spending lots of time on the city screen. The most important thing here is your buildings. In order to build a new building tap on an empty plot (one with a flag on it) and a menu will prompt you to select what you want to build. The options are as follows:
- Fishery – this produces fish, which in turn are used to feed soldiers.
- Port – the port allows you to move both resources and soldiers in between your different cities,
- Embassy – here you can check up on various information regarding your league status.
- Market – here you can both buy goods and sell the resources you produce.
- Lumber mill – produces wood, which is used for building other structures.
- Warehouse – holds all of your resources. Each resource has a limit, at which point you won’t be able to store any more.
- Barracks – produces soldiers and spies. You can train soldiers of various types here, as well as spires. Soldiers are used to attack towns while scouts can be used to spy on them.
- Townhall – provides various information about your town. Needs to be upgraded in order to upgrade other buildings.
- Smelter – produces metal, which is used both for buildings and soldiers. The type of metal depends on where your city is located.
- In order to upgrade a building, simply select it and tap upgrade. You’ll see the resource requirements listed here. If a resource is listed in red, it means you don’t currently have enough of it to perform this particular upgrade.
- Each upgrade also takes a certain amount of time, which you can speed up by spending precious gems.
- In order to have multiple cities, you’ll need to select an empty plot on the map screen (again, denoted by a flag). If you select “Build City” you’ll move to a screen that shows you the requirements, which work just the same as when building buildings or upgrading them.
- Having multiple cities is important as different ones can mine different resources. This is a cheaper way of getting these resources than simply buying them regularly from the market.
- You’ve completed the Island Empire quick start guide for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Now you have all the skills you need to build and manage a prosperous nautical city. Be sure to keep checking back with Gamezebo for our extensive coverage with reviews, previews, guides and more.