FishHunt – Game Introduction
FishHunt is a relaxing, yet challenging, game of fishing that’s played Facebook and developed by HitGrab Games. Fish in over 30 different lakes, sell the fish you catch to the market, and use the funds to upgrade your fishing gear and boats. Earn special trophies and have friends send you hints or purchase them to find out how to catch more advanced fish. Collect energy, coins, and ice from your neighbors to keep your fish fresh. Gamezebo’s FishHunt quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, tricks, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- FishHunt is played on Facebook and you will need to have a current account to play. If you need to register for a free account click here – //www.facebook.com
- Once you have a Facebook account you are ready to play and can click on the “Free – Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- You will be asked for permission allowing the developer to access your basic information and post achievements to your Facebook profile.
- Next you will be asked to choose between a male and a female character that will represent you in the game.
- There is a brief interactive tutorial with “Ole’ Cappy” and there are help screens marked with a “?” symbol. Click on these when you see them if you need help.
- Game settings – Along the right top side of the screen you will see a small gear icon. Click on this to expand the game settings. Here you can change to full screen or windowed mode and toggle game music and sound effects on and off.
- Use your mouse and hold the left button down while dragging it across the screen to move around the lake.
- Coins – Coins are the basic game currency and you are given two hundred to get you started.
- You will be able to collect small amounts of coins throughout the game from neighbors’ boats that you click on as well as barrels floating in the water. Click on these whenever you see them to collect free coins, bait, energy, and ice from neighbors.
- You can purchase additional coins by clicking on the currency indicator at the top, which is a link to a purchase screen. You will need to purchase Facebook Credits first in order to purchase additional coins for the game.
- Facebook Credits – This is a secondary currency used to purchase special high end items or privileges to help you get further in the game faster. You can purchase snacks for a full energy refill, upgrade your boat or fishing equipment, purchase hints on how to catch a specific fish, or increase the amount of time your ice keeps the fish fresh on your boat. Facebook Credits need to be purchased with a major credit card, PayPal account or other methods listed when you click on the links provided.
- You can play the game without purchasing Facebook Credits but it will take you longer to complete certain tasks.
Navigating Your Boat
- When you start the game your will see you have a very cheap basic boat and your character is inside.
- Click on the ship wheel at the bottom right corner of the game screen.
- The water is divided into squares and a small portion of the water will be highlighted with purple squares when you click on the ship’s wheel.
- You can click on any purple square and your ship will sail to that location.
- Each time you move to a new location another grid of purple squares will be around your boat.
Purchasing Fishing Equipment
- You will need to purchase fishing equipment as you progress in the game.
- When you start out you won’t have much money so you will have to use a cheap fiberglass fishing rod and you can upgrade to aluminum and progress until you have a top of the line fishing rod to catch advanced fish.
- Click on the “shop” at the top right of the screen.
- Click on the area you wish to purchase from which could be fishing equipment such as rods or nets, boats, or bait.
- Rods and nets – look at the tabs along the top and make sure you purchase the correct rod or net for your current fishing license. Once you change your rod or net you will need to purchase different bait. You can only use one type of fishing rod or net at a time.
- Bait – Click on the bait tab and make sure you have the correct bait for your type of rod. Click on it and purchase it in the groupings it is sold for.
- Boats – These are your most expensive purchases and you will need boats with quieter engines to catch the more advanced fish. Click on the tabs along the top to purchase the correct boat for your current license. Boats have a capacity for the number of fish and ice they can hold.
- Ice capacity – Note that each boat has a specific capacity for the amount of ice it can hold. The better the boat the more ice you can use and the longer you can be away from the game without threat of your ice melting and losing your fish.
- Coming soon – Soon you will be able to decorate your boats and change the color and style. Be sure to check for this upgrade in the future.
- Ice – Ice is needed to keep your fish fres. Ice can be gifted to you by neighbors, or you can request your neighbors send it to you or you can purchase it in different quantities based on the amount of time you think you will need.
- Each boat has a maximum amount of ice it can hold. The better the boat the more it holds and the longer you can last until you need more ice.
- Ice can be purchased for 10 coins for a one hour block up to much larger increments. Be sure to scroll down through the menu and purchase what you need. Do this after you click on all neighbor boats and barrels to see how much you actually need.
- If you are going to be away from the game for a long time be sure to purchase enough ice or you will lose all the fish you have caught as they will spoil and you can’t sell them.
- Note – You will have to click on the boat menu and then on the ice chest to reach the ice menu.
- Ice meter – There is an ice meter at the top center of the game screen. Be sure to refer to this as you play the game.
- Energy is needed to fish and you will expend different amounts of energy depending on the type of rod or net you are using.
- The first fiberglass rod expends one energy point each time you fish.
- Nets always expend more than rods and you must wait at least 30 minutes before you can catch fish with a net. The minimum energy expenditure with a net is four energy points. (See fishing with net below.)
- You are given an energy meter, which is shown with a lightning bolt next to it.
- You will start out with a maximum of 10 energy and if you use it all up you can purchase more by purchasing a snack from the shop. (See “Snack Shack” below.)
- As you level up and upgrade your fishing license the maximum amount of energy your meter will hold increases.
- Energy can be gifted to you by neighbors so if you are out be sure you have clicked on all neighbor boats and floating barrels in the water so you can collect gifted energy.
- If you have no way to get more you will have to wait until it regenerates at a rate of one energy point per 60 seconds.
- Snack Shack – If you run out of energy click on “Shop” and then on “Snack Shack.” Here you can purchase food items to refill your energy meter.
- These can be purchased using Facebook Credits and will fill up your energy meter or increase it by 10 for a lesser amount of currency.
- As you play the game you will complete various tasks. These are listed along the left side of the game screen and you can see each one individually by clicking on the icons.
- At the top left of the game screen you can click on your license and see all of these objectives listed. When they are completed they turn green and have a check mark next to them.
- As you complete more tasks you will be given more privileges.
- Once you complete all of the requirements click on “Upgrade License” and you will move to the next license. You will have to pay an upgrade fee which increases as the licenses become more advanced.
- The first license is known as “A1” then “A2”, “A3”, “B1” and so on.
- Each upgrade allows you to purchase better equipment, boats, bait, and catch more advanced fish and travel to tougher waters.
- Restrictions – Your restrictions will be listed on your license and this includes your maximum amount of energy and nets that can be used. In the image shown an “A3” license allows 20 energy points and the use of two nets at a time.
- You will need bait in order to catch fish in the different bodies of water.
- Each fish has a different type of bait requirement which you will learn as you are given hints or clues about how to catch the fish.
- Purchase bait – You can purchase bait in the shop and it is divided up based on the type of rod you have. Be sure to click on the correct tab along the top.
- Gifted bait – Click on ships and barrels and you will see that neighbors will gift bait to you. It will store up in your inventory until you are ready to use it.
- Digging for bait – You can also dig for bait on land of the various bodies of water you visit. Look on the land areas for flies or worms on the land. Click on these to dig them up or catch them. They will be added to your inventory until you are ready to use them.
- How to change bait – Bait can be changed at the bottom right corner of the game screen. When you place your cursor over it arrows will appear that let you scroll through the different types once you have more than one type of bait to choose from.
- If you don’t know which bait to use click on the fish achievement menu and read about which bait that fish requires. This is usually one of the first hints given about any fish.
- Super bait – You can purchase super bait ,which is super large quantities of bait that is successful every time you fish. These can only be purchased using Facebook Credits.
Fishing With a Rod
- To fish with a rod you will need to click on the rod icon at the bottom right of the game screen. Once you own more than one rod a red arrow will appear that lets you change the type of rod depending on where you are fishing.
- You will likely toggle between the ship wheel to move the boat and then the rod to fish.
- Once you have your boat in the correct location four areas will highlight around the boat. This is right, left, front, and back of the boat.
- Place your cursor on one of these green areas and it will show you the depth of the water. Depth one is shallow and the higher the number the deeper it is.
- Some fish will only be found in depth one, and some in depth two, and so on. This is another piece of information you will be given hints about in the trophy room area.
- Click on the green square and the character will cast the line and in a few moments you will see a message saying you either caughtnothing or announcing which fish you caught.
- If you caught a fish click on “Accept” and it will add to your inventory so you can sell it at the fish market.
- You can also click on “Accept and Share” to post it on your Facebook profile for others to see.
- You can fish in the same spot repeatedly.
- Remember you will use at least one energy point each time you fish. More if you have more advanced rods. It will say how many energy points are deducted right after you click on the square to fish.
Fishing With a Net
- Fishing with a net is quite different than using a rod.
- Purchase nets in the shop based on your license allowances. You will start out with a weak twine net and advance up to stronger nets later. Each net holds a specific number of fish shown in the shop area.
- It takes a lot more energy to use a net. It takes at least four energy points or more depending on the type of net you use to cast the net and you will have to expend more energy to collect the fish from the net once time is up.
- As you acquire more advanced licenses you can fish using more than one net at a time.
- Nets catch multiple fish at a time over time.
- Nets can take as little as 30 minutes or up to several hours.
- Changing/using net – To change to a net click on the net icon at the bottom right of the game screen.
- Once you own more than one type of net you can click on the red arrow to scroll through them and choose the one you want to use.
- Click on the area you wish to place your net and it will lock into place. A timer will appear that starts counting down right away.
- The net is now filling up. You can empty it early if you want but you won’t get the full amount of fish your net can hold.
- Broken nets – You must empty the net when the timer runs out. If you do not empty it on time it will break and you will have to pay at least 10 coins to repair it and will lose all the time and money invested from your last fishing attempt with the net.
- Collect from your net – Click on the net to collect and several fish will be shown in the water and they will add to your inventory after a few seconds so you can sell them at the market.
Fishing Hints/Whirlpool Mini Game
- While playing the game you will occasionally see a fish jump out of the water for a brief second or you may see a shark fin or bubbles come up briefly. When you see this you will notice a tiny whirlpool forms right after for a few seconds.
- Click on your wheel and move your ship right next to the whirlpool right away.
- Immediately fish with your rod on this area.
- You will always get a fish when you fish in a whirlpool.
- One of two things will happen next. If you are fishing with the right bait at the right depth and with the right rod you will catch a fish right away.
- You may trigger a mini game which is for fish that are tough to catch.
- How to play mini game – If the mini game appears click on the meter that appears at the top and hold your left mouse button down.
- Keep the handle in the green area at all times. The dots will turn blue from left to right marking the seconds. When the meter fills up and you still have the fish on the line you will see “Caught” listed at the top and you will catch a fish that you normally do not catch that is more valuable than what you have caught in this area before.
- If you fail to keep it in the green area the fish will get away and you lose the energy expended.
- Keep an eye out for any fish jumping and act on it quickly as the whirlpools don’t stay long.
Selling Your Fish
- Once your boat has reached the maximum amount it can hold you will be notified that you must sell some or all of your fish to the fish market.
- A message will appear click on it and you will be able to choose which fish to sell.
- Note that there will be green smiley faces when the prices are good and blue sad faces when the prices are low.
- You may want to only sell when the prices are good unless you don’t have a choice.
Collecting Bonus Items
- When you start the game you will notice right away that there are ships all around with your Facebook neighbors’ names and images on them. There are also barrels floating in the water.
- These are bonus coins, ice, bait, and energy sent to you.
- Click on these ships and once collected the name will disappear from the ship and the barrels will disappear into the water.
- You can click on the items to collect them or just wait a few moments and they will add to your inventory together.
- You have completed the quick start guide for FishHunt by HitGrab Games on Facebook. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.