Circus City – Game Introduction
Circus City is an iPhone game developed by Glu Games that lets you build and manage a circus. Gamezebo’s Circus City strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats to help you build the best circus in town.
Quick Start Guide
- Circus City can be downloaded for free from the Apple app store by clicking the “Free – Play Now” link at the top of this page.
- In order to add friends, who you can visit to earn extra rewards, you can link the game up to both your Game Center and Facebook accounts. Any of your friends who are playing will show up on a list once you do.
Managing Your Circus
- The focal point of your circus is the big tent. It’s here that your performers will attract the crowds, which in turn will earn you money and experience.
- To start a show tap on the tent. Initially you’ll only have one slot, which means only one performer can put on a show at a time. Once you have selected a performer, you’ll need to either wait for the show to complete (the time this takes is listed here) or use tickets (the game’s premium currency) to complete the show immediately.
- Either way, once the show is complete you’ll earn both money (depicted by a coin) and experience (depicted by a top hat).
- You can upgrade the tent twice, and each upgrade will add an extra performer slot. When you put on a show with multiple performers, you’ll earn the sum total of all their performances, but it will also take longer to complete. From this same menu you can also expand the size of your circus with a land upgrade.
- In order to get new performers you’ll need to purchase a new dwelling. Each performer has a different type of dwelling and they can be purchased from the build menu (the little hammer icon in the lower right corner).
- In addition to giving you a new performer, purchasing a dwelling also earns you experience points at pre-determined time intervals. When a dwelling’s experience is ready to collect a top hat will appear over top of it.
- New dwellings will unlock as you earn experience levels, but you can also buy them earlier if you’re willing to part with some tickets.
- Attractions, like a merry-go-round or shooting gallery, can also be purchased and placed in your circus. These will earn you both coins and experience points at pre-determined time intervals.
- Concession stands can also be placed around your circus, which will earn you money, but these work a little bit different than the other attractions. In order to start making money, you’ll first need to select an item to sell. Each item will sell out after a certain amount of time. The longer it takes to sell, the more money you earn. Once it’s complete you’ll have to collect your money and then select an item to sell once again.
- The last thing that you can purchase for your circus is decorations. Purchasing and placing decorations will earn you a one-time bonus of experience points.
- The premium currency, which comes in the form of tickets, is useful for many things, including speeding up performances, purchasing attractions before you reach the requisite experience level, and more. You’ll earn these slowly as you gain experience, but they can also be acquired in other ways.
- The easiest way to get tickets is to simply purchase them. Tickets are available in bundles that range from $5 to $100.
- You can also get extra tickets for free by completing various offers. These include everything from liking the developer on Facebook to following it on Twitter. Most of these options are free, though some, such as the Netflix subscription, will cost you money. There’s also an option to watch a video to earn free tickets, but this was not available at the time of writing.
- You’ve completed the Circus City quick start guide for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Now you have all the skills you need to build and manage a crazy circus. Be sure to keep checking back with Gamezebo for our extensive coverage with reviews, previews, guides and more.