Game Introduction – Top Girl
Top Girl, developed by CrowdStar games for the iPhone and iPod Touch, out-girls all of the other girl games out there! Choose fabulous clothes, hairstyles, and jewellery. Get a fantastic job as a fashion model and make tons of money. Flirt with boys and snag a boyfriend that gives you presents when you give him kisses! Complete fun quests and see how much you can acquire to become Top Girl! Gamezebo’s Top Girl quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Top Girl is a free application and can be found by clicking on the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- You will be asked if push notifications are allowed. You can change this later if you need to.
- If you have an OpenFeint account you will be able to log in, and if not it only takes a few moments to sign up with an email and user name required. This will allow you to connect with your Facebook account and post images and game milestones on your profile page.
- CrowdStar has another great game on the App Store (and Facebook) called It Girl, but there is no connection between the two games other than they share the same developer.
- Tap on “Settings” if you want to toggle the sound effects and background music or if you want to keep the photo auto save menu on.
- There are two types of currency in the game.
- Coins – You start out with 100 when you begin the game. This is the basic game currency and what you earn when you work.
- Cash – You are given five cash when you start the game and completing various quests in the game will result in earning even more.
- Visit the ATM – If you would like to purchase additional cash visit the ATM where you can purchase different bundles of coin or cash.
Energy/Cups of Coffee
- Energy is needed to work and you have an energy meter at the top right of the main game screen.
- You start out with a maximum of 29 energy points and earn it back at a rate of one energy point every three minutes. There is a countdown timer going at all times to show you when your next energy point is earned.
- As you level up the maximum number of energy points will increase too.
- If you run out of energy you can either wit for it to regenerate or you can visit the coffee shop.
- Coffee Shop – Visit here to purchase energy treats to boost your energy points back up. The items range from a cup of coffee to boxes of chocolates and you will have to purchase these items with cash.
- Quests are a great way to learn your way around the game and earn extra spending money.
- Many quests will earn you at least one cash for completing them.
- Tap on the button next to the “My Life” button with the “!” symbol next to it. This will show you your current quest.
- You can only work on one quest at a time.
- You may be asked to buy a certain number of clothing articles or you may be asked to get a specific job. There are many different quests available.
- You will be notified and awarded your money as soon as a quest is completed.
Clothing/Day and Evening Looks
- This is a big part of the game. Clothing is divided up into three categories:
- Work Chic/Day looks – Can be worn at work and during the daytime hours. This is seen as yellow.
- Club/Evening looks – Can be worn out on the town and during the evening hours. This is seen as blue.
- Day and Evening looks – These can be worn in either time of day or location and are very valuable purchases in the game. This is seen as half yellow and half blue.
- When you go shopping you will be asked if you are looking for a specific type of clothing.
- As you purchase items using cash or coins they will accumulate in your closet. You will be required to change clothes many times in the game depending on what you are doing.
- Make sure you have the right outfit on.
- If you go to the club you have to meet the minimum requirement for hotness. The requirements are always listed before you enter. Usually changing your clothes to the correct environment is all you need to do. You could be rejected by a boy at the club if you aren’t dressed up enough.
Shopping for Clothing and Accessories
- You will only be able to access one floor of one store at first and as you level up you will be able to access more.
- Enter the store and specify what you are looking for.
- Scan though the clothes using your fingertip to scroll through them.
- Tap on an item once and the “Buy” key appears. Tap it again and the purchase is confirmed so be careful if you touch this button accidentally there is no way to reverse accidental purchases.
- Clothing can be purchased with coins or cash and each item is clearly marked.
- Boyfriends can also give you pretty nice clothing and accessory items.
Changing Clothing and appearance
- Anytime you want to change your appearance tap on “My Life” from the main menu screen and then you will see a menu with all the different things you can do in the game.
- Visit the salon to change your hair style, color, or skin tone.
- When you need to change clothes tap on “Dress” and you will be taken to your closet.
- Tap on the category along the top and then choose what you need to wear using your fingertip to scroll through the clothing, shoes and accessories.
- Your closet is where all of your purchased items are stored.
- At the top of the screen you will see a pink clothes hanger icon. This indicates how many articles of clothing or accessories you have in your closet. Some quests will ask you to reach specific number in this ranking.
- There is a leader board category on OpenFeint which is based on the number of clothing items you have in the game. Be sure to tap on the OpenFeint button and visit to check this out.
- You have to earn the money so you can buy all these great clothes and gifts for your boyfriend.
- Wear your best work clothes to do higher paying jobs.
- Tap on “Job” while in the “My Life” menu and you will see various jobs you can do.
- It will cost you energy to work a job so watch your energy meter.
- You will start out as an apprentice and work your way up over time.
- Each job earns you a certain number of coins and hotness and you can do jobs as frequently as you want as long as you have enough energy.
- Once the meter fills up on a specific job more jobs will unlock for you that are higher paying so it is a good idea to work as much as you can.
- If you run out of energy you can purchase more or wait until it regenerates at a rate of one energy points every three minutes.
Going to the Club
- Tap on “Club” in the My Life menu or tap on it from the street view of the main game area.
- Make sure you are dressed for the club as you must meet a minimum hotness requirement to get in and to have any flirting go well.
- You will be asked to choose if you want to go to lounge,bar, or dance floor where you will meet three different cute boys at each location.
Flirting with Boys/Snagging a Boyfriend
- While in the club you will be able to flirt with cute boys and possibly get a boyfriend.
- Again, make sure you are dressed nice.
- Choose one of the three boys to flirt with. You will be shown their name, job, and what special bonus they can offer you if they become your boyfriend.
- If you like the boy tap on “Flirt” You can buy a guy a drink to increase the success of the flirting but it will cost you so be careful.
- You will either be rejected or in a relationship by the end of this exchange.
- If you have landed a boyfriend you will see a message like the one in the image above. A timer will keep track of how long you have been in a relationship and the longer you stay in a relationship the more valuable your boyfriend can be as your relationship reaches the next level the gifts get better and more valuable.
- Mood – The better your boyfriend’s mood the better he treats you. Keep an eye on his mood and if it goes down then go out on a date to get it back up again.
- Dating – You can choose from one of three types of dates which include, dinner, movies or travel and you will have to pay to go on these dates.
- Sending Gifts – You can send gifts to cheer up your boyfriend and will have to pay to send the items.
- Kissing – You can kiss your boyfriend once every two hours and a countdown clock will start after the first kiss. This is found on the boyfriend summary menu.
- Gifts from your Boyfriend – Each time your relationship reaches a new level your boyfriend sends you a great gift.
- You will see the name, job and benefit the boyfriend brings to you such as energy recharges 10% faster, or you earn more money in your job, etc.
- You can buy your boyfriend a gift and he will give you great gifts periodically.
- Break up – You can break up with a boyfriend to try for someone that gives you a better benefit but you will lose all the time invested in that person so do this carefully.
? You have completed the basic game play guide for Top Girl for iPhone and iPod touch by CrowdStar. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!