DinerTown Zoo – Game Introduction
DinerTown Zoo is an iPhone game developed by Playfirst that lets build and manage a zoo full of adorable little animals. Gamezebo’s DinerTown Zoo strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats to help you collect every animal there is.
Quick Start Guide
- You can download DinerTown Zoo for free by clicking the “Free – Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- DinerTown Zoo uses Game Center and will sign you in automatically. Game Center is used to track in-game achievements, of which there are 14 to complete. You can’t access this information from in the game, instead you’ll need to go directly to the Game Center app.
Managing Your Zoo
- The main buildings in DinerTown Zoo are the habitats. These are where your animals will be placed and animals are what allow you to earn money.
- Each habitat has a theme, like marine or mad scientist, and can only house animals of that theme.
- When you first purchase a habitat it will have space for three different types of animals. However, if you tap on the habitat you’ll have the option to pay money to upgrade it. An upgraded habitat can house five different types of animals.
- Even though each habitat only has room for up to five different animals, you are able to purchase two of each type, which lets you earn even more money.
- When you purchase an animal there are several factors to consider: the price, how much experience it will give you, how much money it earns, and how often you’ll need to collect that money. All of this information is clearly visible on the purchase screen.
- To enter the shop tap on the store icon in the lower right hand corner. Here you’ll be presented with several different options:
- Animals – this is, naturally, where you can buy new animals as well as their habitats. Everything is separated by theme, which makes it easy to find the right animal for the right habitat.
- Note – some habitats can only be purchased after you purchase a research item.
- Facilities – here you can buy businesses and decorations for your zoo. Businesses, like a hotdog cart, for instance, regularly produce income just like animals. Decorations, meanwhile, increase your experience level , as do garbage cans. From this menu you can also purchase upgrades to increase the size of your zoo.
- Charms – here you can purchase items that increase your happiness rating (the little smiley face icon at the top of the screen). The higher this number is, the more people will come to visit the zoo, which in turn means more money.
- When an animal or facility has money to be collected a spinning gold coin will appear over top of it. Sometimes these can be difficult to tap on, so to collect the coins it’s easier to zoom in a bit. This can be done by placing two fingers on the screen and then sliding them apart. To zoom back out simply pinch your fingers on the screen.
- Beside the shop menu is the move tool, which lets you move things around in your zoo if you ever decide you need a change.
- In addition to the happy rating, the top of the screen also displays other important information. In the top left is your experience level; as this grows more content will become available. And on the right are the two forms of currency in the game: hearts and coins.
- Hearts are the premium currency, which means that you earn them at a much slower rate than you do with coins. Some items in the store can only be purchased with hearts. You can purchase additional hearts and coins with real-world money simply tapping on the icon for either.
- The left side of the screen displays all of your current quests, of which there are usually three at any given time.
- When you tap on a quest a checklist will appear. Everything on this list needs to be completed before you can earn a reward. As you complete tasks, a green checkmark will appear beside them.
- Once you complete a quest you won’t earn your rewards automatically. Instead, you’ll need to back into the checklist menu and tap the “Collect Reward” button at the bottom. If you haven’t completed every task you won’t be able to push this button.
- Slowly but surely your zoo will start to fill up with trash. To get rid of a piece of trash, simply tap on it. This will also earn you a small amount of coins.
- You’ve completed the DinerTown Zoo quick start guide for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Now you have all the skills you need to build the best zoo in DinerTown. Be sure to keep checking back with Gamezebo for our extensive coverage with reviews, previews, guides and more.