Fish Tales – Game Introduction
Fish Tales is an aquarium simulation game from Everywhere, Inc. for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Using the tools at your disposal, you can create the aquarium of your dreams complete with various fish and other sea creatures! With Gamezebo’s quick start guide, you’ll have quite an awesome aquarium in no time.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started in playing Fish Tales, you’ll first need to download the game by clicking the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once the game has downloaded and installed, you can start playing it by tapping the icon labeled “Fish Tales” on the home screen of your device.
- Launching the game for the first time will require you to create a “Gamername” and password to play. Choose a unique username and password, and then press the OK button to continue.
- Upon finishing creating your account, you will be taken to the main gameplay screen. Siren will greet you and show you around.
Creating & Maintaining Your Aquarium
- What’s an aquarium without any fish or cool decorations? Luckily, Fish Tales has plenty of items to play around with.
- To add items to your aquarium, tap the Pointer button in the lower right corner of the screen. This will bring up a menu with several options. Tap the Store icon to enter the store where you can purchase animals and decorations.
- First, we should purchase a fish. As you can see, there are many to choose from and are mainly named based on their color. Seeing as we just started the game, the only available fish to purchase is the PurpleSwing. Tap on the fish to select it, and then tap inside your aquarium to place the fish.
- If you’d like to purchase décor, it can be done in the same exact fashion as purchasing fish. When entering the store, you can tap on the Decors tab to browse the items available for decoration. A nice reef or two can do wonders when it comes to the style of your aquarium.
- Themes can also be purchased in the Store and will change the backdrop of your aquarium. Using this option, you can have a shipwreck as the background, the ancient pyramids of Egypt or even a fantasyland!
- Once in a while, your aquarium may become rather dirty and will require cleaning. To clean the aquarium: Go into the Pointer meny and select the Clean button. Now, simply drag along the aquarium to clean up any filth you find along the way. A healthy aquarium is a happy aquarium, after all.
Feeding & Evolving Your Fish
- An aquarium on its own would likely not last very long, so you need to be on the up and up when it comes to keeping your digs as happy and healthy as possible!
- Your fish will likely become hungry after a little while of swimming around. At that point, you’d be wise to feed them.
- To feed your fish: Go into the pointer menu, and select the Food icon. Now tap anywhere inside your aquarium and the food will drop for the fish to eat. The first fish that manages to get the food will eat it but you can drop more pieces by tapping again.
- After you’ve fed the fish, coins and XP will drop. Tap on them to collect the bonus.
- Evolving your fish can be a rather fun thing to do, and only involves a few simple steps.
- To evolve your fish: In the Pointer menu, select the Evolution button. The first Evolution screen will show all of your unevolved fish. Tap on any of them to start the evolution process. Most fish will take around a day to complete the evolution, but you can always use Gems (premium currency) to finish the evolution process instantly if you wish.
Tasks & Trophies
- Just like many other good social games, Fish Tales has tasks for you to complete while visiting your aquarium.
- In the upper left corner of your screen, you should see a medal symbol with the words Tasks under it. Tap this icon to open the Tasks menu.
- In this screen you will likely see many Tasks to complete (unless you accidentally completed a few already), that you can earn valuable money from.
- The Piggy Bank quest requires that you collect 1000 coins by completing various activities throughout your aquarium. The Purple Impression asks you to have both a Purple Blossom fish and a Peacock Tail fish in your aquarium at the same time. Completing this task will earn you 1 Gem.
- The Trophies feature in Fish Tales is exactly as it sounds, simply a way for you to show off to your friends the several accomplishments you managed to get in the game.
- You can access Trophies via the Pointer menu where it will show every type of fish you’ve ever had in your aquarium. From here, you can make any of these your profile picture by tapping on it and selecting Set. Now all of your Fish Tales friends can see what kind of neat, new fish you have.
- What kind of social game doesn’t allow you to interact with friends? Fish Tales does in a few different ways.
- Tap the button in the lower left corner labeled “Social”. This will bring up a menu with several different ways to interact with friends, such as Gifts, Messages, Profiles and Rankings.
- For now, tap the Friends menu to bring up a whole list of your friends. You can visit them with a simple tap on the Visit button.
- At your friend’s aquarium, you can feed their fish for them, as well as clean their place up. You can only do this a few times per day however. After you’re done at your friends aquarium, you can leave them a small message on their Wall telling them just how good of friend you are.
- To go back Home, tap the Home button with the orange arrow in the upper left corner of the screen.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Fish Tales on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Now that you know the ropes, you can build an awesome aquarium of your own. Be sure to check back with Gamezebo for additional guides, previews, reviews and more!