Silent Scream: The Dancer – Game Introduction
Welcome to the Silent Scream: The Dancer walkthrough on Gamezebo. Silent Scream: The Dancer is a Hidden Object Game played on the PC created by Maximize Games. This walkthrough includes tips and tricks, helpful hints and a strategy guide on how to complete Silent Scream: The Dancer.
This hidden object game requires visiting several locations and using inventory items to advance play.
- Play is linear and task oriented. Each task must be completed before beginning a new task.
- There are no penalties for multiple clicks in a scene.
- Always move the cursor around a scene. Items cannot be picked up until they are needed, but clicking an item when the cursor turns into a hand displays information that may help solve future tasks.
- This is a story driven game and involves watching many cut scenes.
- Play – Begin or resume playing.
- Profiles – Click the “If this is not you please click here” link to create, edit or delete player profiles. Create a new profile to select a mode of play:
- Casual – Includes a tutorial. Hint and skip bars fill faster.
- Difficult – No tutorial. Hint and skip bars fill slower.
- Options – Change music and sound effects volume. You may select or deselect full screen and custom cursor play.
- Extras – Review movie scenes and access the bonus chapter after completing play.
- Task – Only one task at a time is displayed. It requires revisiting locations numerous times.
- Menu – Continue, Options or Exit.
- Inventory/Item List – A list of icons showing available items or a list of hidden items to be collected.
- Hint/Skip Bar – Clicking will show a random item from an itemized list. Hints are not limited and refill quickly in casual mode. The bar turns into a Skip bar for puzzles.
- Magnifying Glass – Zoom in on an interactive area.
- Hand – Interact with an object.
- Sparkles – A hidden object area or a puzzle.
A clip explains the background and introduces the story line for play.
Casual mode play has an interactive tutorial for the first few scenes.
For this walkthrough, only inventory items are shown in hidden object scenes. They are highlighted in white with a blue border. The items are CAPITALIZED in the screen shot description to make it easier to find where this guide may deviate from your own play.
Revisiting locations is common in adventure/hidden object games. This walkthrough attempts to complete the game the in fastest way possible by minimizing backtracking and by picking up as many items in a location as permissible.
- You develop a familiarity with the settings and after you have gone back and forth between locations more than once, you don’t need to be told how many times to go up or down.
- Just as in the movies, you enter every dark room, open door or window.
Chapter I: The Escape
- The first task is to lighten the room. The lightbulb sparkles. Pick it up for inventory.
- Click the light bulb in inventory. Move the cursor around the top to the darkened scene until the cursor changes from an arrow to a hand (A). Click to place the bulb. Click the string to turn it on.
- Click the sparkling shades to open a puzzle. Click the “?” for instructions. Move the disks until no strings are crossing and all disks are green (B).
- A new task appears in the Task tab and the dresser area sparkles. Click to open a hidden object area. Collect all items on the list. The water and aspirin (C) appear in inventory. The items need to be combined to be used.
- To combine objects, click an inventory item to open the interactive combine screen. Click any other inventory items needing to be combined. Drag the items to the lower part of the screen to form the new object (D). In the case, the item is used on the character so it disappears.
- Watch the cut scene.
Chapter 2: My Baby Sarah
- Enter the child care house.
- Go up the stairs at the far end of the room to the 2nd floor. Zoom in on the entrance to the attic (A). Find that you need to collect items to open the access. Pick up the screw hook (B).
- Return to the first floor. Zoom in on the sleeping woman. You need pliers to extract the wire.
- Enter the Kitchen (C). Take the pliers from atop the refrigerator. Return to the living room. Use the pliers to clip the wire from the chair (D).
- Exit the house.
- Pick up the twig in the yard (E).
- Click one of the items in inventory to bring up the combine option. Click the other two items to add them. Drag the twig to the merge portion, then the wire and then the screw hook. The combined HOOK is returned to inventory.
- Re-enter the house. Return to the second floor. Use the hook to release the stairs leading to the attic.
- Watch the cut scene with the little girl.
- Return to the 2nd Floor.
- Zoom in on the painting (A). Click the painting once. Pick up the dirty map that is shaken loose.
- Return to the Kitchen.
- Collect the damp cloth (B).
- Zoom in on the map. It opens in an interactive area. Click the cloth. Drag the cloth to the map area. Click three times to clean the map (C).
- Go to the living room.
- Pick up the matches from the table (D).
- Return to the attic.
- Go to the left of the little girl to the back area of the attic (E).
- Use the matches to light the lantern (F). Note the broken saw below the lantern. You cannot pick it up yet, but you’ll need it soon.
- Access the sparkly hidden object area. Collect all the items listed. The TROWEL (G) is added to inventory.
- Return to the outside area.
- Use the TROWEL to dig where “X” marks the spot on the map (A). Retrieve a doll.
- Zoom in on the DOLL in inventory (B). Find out that it needs another eye.
- Return to the Kitchen. Pick up the SPOON and bedroom KEY (C).
- Continue up the stairs.
- Take the HANDLE from the top of the cabinet (D). Place it on the bottom drawer. Click the opened drawer (E). Use the SPOON to open the can. Get a BUTTON.
- Use the KEY to open the bedroom door at the end of the hall on the right.
- Access the hidden object area (A). Collect all the hidden objects. The THREAD is an inventory item.
- Return to the attic.
- Access the puzzle area (B). Match the related pairs. Most of the pairs are obvious: the sun emblem on the side of the cup with the written word “moon”, the flower and the vase, etc. The fish bowl, however, matches the piece of paper on the side of the box (next to the needle in the above screen shot). Maybe it’s an origami fish? Matching the needle and thread (shown above) adds a NEEDLE to inventory.
- Combine the inventory items: Click the BUTTON, THREAD and NEEDLE to add them to the combine box. Drag each one to the combine area. A NEEDLE AND THREAD is returned to inventory.
- Zoom in on the doll in the inventory bar. Click to access her. Click the NEEDLE AND THREAD and then her eye. The repaired doll opens a puzzle.
- The goal of the puzzle (A) is to connect all the dots without retracing a path. The best strategy is to start with any outside dot and work your way around the outside. The first six moves of one solution is shown above. To see the complete solution, view the video.
- Give the doll to the mysterious girl.
- Return to the sleeping day care worker. Zoom in on her to open another puzzle (B). Find the ledger (1) by moving the jumble away from woman without waking her. Watch the bar on the left (2). It shows how close you are to waking her. If the bar goes into the red you will be forced to restart the puzzle. For best results, click and drag an object very slowly. Wait for the bar to recede if it starts getting too far into the red area.
- Finishing the puzzle leads to another cut scene.
Chapter 3: Dangerous Route
- The chapter opens outside of the police station (A). Note the code on the stone (1). Enter the police station (2).
- In the information room (B), discover no one is around. Try Brad’s office (1). The door is locked. Attempt to find an alternate route to Brad’s office by heading to the outside of the interrogation room (2).
- Enter the interrogation room (3). Pick up a KEY and WRENCH (4). Return to the hallway area (C). Note the glowing circle on the cell door.
- Zoom in on the cell door lock (5). Click the tumblers until they correspond to the code from outside the building: 4-0-0-1. Insert the KEY in the keyhole and watch what happens.
- You are still trying to find an alternate route to Brad’s office. From the interrogation room hallway (A) head toward the lockers.
- Once in the locker room (B) go forward to the toilet area.
- Click the air shaft vent at the end of the room (C) to discover you need a ladder.
- Retrace your steps to the information area (Click down three times).
- Access the lock puzzle on the evidence room door. The goal is to rotate the numbers on the right and left so both sides have the same value. The solution is shown above. To solve it, click the right and left red buttons in this order: Right – once; Left – twice; Right – once; Left – once. Exit the lock puzzle to reset the numbers.
- Zoom in on the hidden object scene in the evidence room (B). Collect all the objects. The BLUEPRINTS are added to inventory. Pick up the LADDER as well.
- Return to the toilet area. Place the LADDER on the air shaft vent. Use the WRENCH to remove the screws. You need another tool to remove the vent.
- To return to the child care center, exit the police station (click down four times). Click the down arrow that says “To Town” (A). On the city scene, click the right arrow to the child care center (B).
- Enter the child care center. Go up of the attic and then click the left arrow to get to the back of the attic (A). Pick up the OILER and SAW BLADE.
- Return to the bedroom.
- Access the hidden object area. Collect all the items. The BATTERY and FLASHLIGHT are added to inventory.
- Go into the kitchen.
- Use the OILER on the tool box (A) to access a hidden object area (B). Collect all the items. The one Wrench on the list is the pipe wrench shown above. The SAW HANDLE is added to inventory.
- Click the SAW BLADE and SAW HANDLE to open and add them to the combine area. The combined SAW returns to inventory.
- Retrace your steps to the police station.
- Zoom in on the lock on the cell door (A). Use the SAW to cut off the lock.
- Open the hidden object scene in the cell (B). Find the the words and zodiac symbols. Two words, SCREW and DRIVER will produce a SCREWDRIVER for inventory.
- Return to the toilet area.
- Use the SCREWDRIVER to pry open the air duct vent (A). Pick up the BOLT that falls to the floor (B). Combine the BATTERY and FLASHLIGHT to get a FLASHLIGHT ON.
- Study the BLUEPRINTS (C). Note that there are three possible exits. Use this knowledge to try and find your way to Brad’s office.
- With the flashlight in hand, enter the vent (D). Use the flashlight to find your way through the darkened maze to the exit points shown on the blueprints. You are warned about the beating heartbeat and what you might encounter. To reach an exit you cannot avoid encountering a creature; the heartbeat is just a warning of what is coming. The exit vent to Brad’s office varies.
- Once you have found the vent overlooking the office, click twice to remove it. Move the chair back and inspect the note under it (E). Exit the office (F) and the police station. Head for town.
Chapter 4: Expelled from Paradise
- Enter the apartment building (A).
- Access the hidden object area. Collect all the objects including the KEY to Jenny’s apartment (B). Pick up the CROWBAR (C) and head right to the corridor.
- Use the KEY to open the kitchen door (D). View the cut scene.
- Exit the apartment building (A). Zoom in on the sewer drain. Use the CROWBAR to open the grate and find Granny’s cat. It needs to be enticed to come out.
- Return to the child care center.
- Go up to the attic and then turn left to find the hidden object scene in the back of the attic (B). Collect all of the objects. The GRINDSTONES are added to inventory.
- Return to the apartment building entrance (C). Access the hidden object area. Collect all of the items listed. The MATCHES go to inventory.
- Go right to the corridor.
- Enter Granny’s kitchen. Go through to her bedroom.
- Pick up the DULL SCISSORS (A) from the floor. Click the closet door twice to open a hidden object scene (B). Collect all the items. The ICE PICK is added to inventory.
- Return to the apartment entryway.
- Combine the DULL SCISSORS and the GRINDSTONES. Use the sharp SCISSORS on the pieces of rubber on the floor (C). Receive a RUBBER TIE.
- Go to the child care center and enter the kitchen.
- Click the sparkling refrigerator door. Use the ICE PICK to free the FROZEN SARDINES.
- Return to Jenny’s kitchen.
- Access the hidden object area by the sink. If your list of objects contains “Sealtape”, that is the roll of tape highlighted in insert (A) in the upper left corner. It may go into inventory as SELLOTAPE. If your list says “Headtap”, that is the faucet handle hidden inside the cookie. It goes into inventory as a TAP HEAD.
- Pick up the EMPTY POT (B). Place the pot in the sink (C). Zoom in on the sink to fix the water pipe (D). Place the TAP HEAD on the valve. Stop the leak by first placing the SELLOTAPE on the pipe, then the RUBBER TIE.
- Click the sparkling tap to open a pipe puzzle. Arrange the pipes end-to-end so there are no breaks and all the fans are spinning. Click to swap the pieces. The green pipes can only be rotated in place. All the pieces must be used. The hardest area is around the tap. It is easiest to save this area for last. Most of the paths from the sink need little rearranging. Connect these pipes first. Work backwards from the sink area to the tap. As the circuits get complete, the fans will spin and yellow lights come on. All lights turn green and the water flows after the path is complete with no open pipes. See the next screenshot for the solution.
NOTE: This solution should work. It was done with a pre-release version of the game, however, and there was a glitch. If an update is needed, it will be added to the “User Tips and Tricks” section on Gamezebo. Be sure and check that tab if you are having problems.
- Pick up the POT WITH WATER from the sink (A).
- Access the cooker (B). Use the MATCHES to ignite the flames. Place the pot on the stove and add the FROZEN SARDINES. Once they have thawed, take the SARDINES outside to Granny’s cat. (C). Place the cat in Granny’s arms (D).
- Exit to apartment. Click the top of the screen to go to the hospital.
Chapter 5: The Dark Past
- Go through the main doors of the hospital. Approach the reception area (A). Click the coffee cup next to the nurse (B) for an inspiration as to how to distract her.
- Return to Jenny’s bedroom.
- Access the hidden object area. Collect the listed items and the LAXATIVE.
- Return to the reception area. Examine the piece of paper on the floor (D) then add the laxative to the nurse’s coffee (E). After the cut scene you are on the second floor. Descend to the reception area and exit the hospital.
- Pick up a blade for the shears (A) from in front of the sign.
- Zoom in on the side window.
- Pick up the second blade (B). Combine both blades with the BOLT picked up from the toilet floor at the police station. Use the SHEARS to clip away the vines covering the window to the VIP room.
- Note the cord for the call bell is broken (C).
- Return to the apartment entry.
- Collect the BLACK TAPE from the list in the hidden object area (D).
- Return to the hospital and enter the VIP room window.
- Use the BLACK TAPE to fix the cord (E). Pick up the TWEEZERS (F). Use them to remove the curtains from the window. Click the call bell. Watch the cut scene. You are now in the lounge area. Click down to return to the reception area.
- Once back in the reception area, enter the doctor’s office (A). Pick up the MORTUARY KEY from the desk. To get to the mortuary, click the arrow to go to the waiting room (B). You are now outside the mortuary.
- Use the KEY to open the mortuary door. Get the SCALPEL (C).
- Exit the mortuary and click right to return to the reception area. Go up the stairs to the second floor. The children’s ward is the last door on the left at the end of the hall (D). Enter the ward and watch the cut scene.
- Exit the children’s ward. Enter the first door on the left (A), the patient’s room. Access the hidden object area. The Ripped file item (B) becomes DOCUMENT 1 in inventory.
- After the cut scene you are in the lounge area. Go forward into the toilets.
- Click the nurse’s uniform to open a puzzle similar to the child care ledger puzzle. This time you must remove a mask, syringe and blood packet to get the SURGERY KEYS. This is a very sensitive puzzle and can take a bit of time to complete. Again, the best strategy is to click and hold the object and move it very slowly. Your progress will be lost each time you red-line the thermometer.
- Use the keys to open the surgery. Find that you need a rubber glove to get the other part of the document. Return to the reception area. Go up to the second floor.
- Get the RUBBER GLOVE from the list in the hidden object area.
- Return to the surgery room.
- Combine the RUBBER GLOVE and SCALPEL. Use this tool to cut the wire to the light (B). Get the second document (C). Combine both documents and watch the cut scene.
- Exit the hospital and return to town. Go to Adam Street.
Chapter 6: Trapped
- Zoom in on the chair (A) and view a cut scene.
- Pick up the KEY by the fish bowl (B). Use it to open Carl’s office (C). Examine the picture of Carl’s wife on the desk.
- Go upstairs.
- Access the family portrait (A). Click it twice to reveal the safe hidden behind it. Click the vase on the cabinet top (B). Move the rocks away until a SAFE BOX KEY is uncovered. Use the key on the safe. Find that you need a stethoscope to crack the safe.
- Return to the patient’s room on the second floor of the hospital.
- Collect the STETHOSCOPE for the safe from the hidden object area.
- Return to the house.
- Placing the stethoscope on the safe opens a puzzle. Rotate the dial to retract all the bars. The three numbers beside each position indicate which bars will retract. If a bar is already retracted, clicking that number will extend it again.
- SOLUTION: 3-5-1-5-7-6-4-3
- Opening the safe opens a hidden object area. Collecting all the items causes a cut scene to open. You are instructed to follow the voices.
- Enter the bedroom (A). Watch the cut scene. You end up in the living room. Return to the bedroom.
- Get the SPARE KEY from the hidden object area (B). Use it on the front door and exit the house.
- Head for the outside of the pub (C).
Chapter 7: Saving Sarah
- Once at the club you realize you’ll need a disguise. Return to the Adam Street location (A), follow the sign post back to town and return to the bedroom of Jenny’s apartment.
- Access the hidden object area (B). Collect all the items including the WIG and GLASSES. Retrace your steps to outside of the club. You can now enter the stage area.
- Go through the curtains to the corridor (C). Watch a cut scene.
- Pick up the BROOM (A). Use it to play the puzzle (B). Sweep all the broken glass into the dustpan without making the bar go into the red. A slow and steady pressure is best. Try to arrange as many pieces as possible together and sweep at once. Each time you move too fast and the thermometer red-lines, you’ll start over with the glass in a different position. It is advantageous to purposely top out the bar if the pieces are too scattered.
- Enter the makeup room (C). Access the hidden object area on the makeup table. Collecting all the objects adds SAVINGS to the inventory. View the cut scene.
- Return to the bedroom of Jenny’s apartment.
- Inspect the chair (A). Find out you need a nail to fix it.
- Go to the back of the attic at the child care center.
- Access the hidden object area (B) and get a NAIL. On the way out, grab the HAMMER at the top of the stairs in the attic.
- Return to the bedroom in Jenny’s apartment.
- Repair the chair by placing the NAIL on the loose board and securing it with the HAMMER (C). Access the attic area to get the documents (D). You can’t reach them. Go next door to Granny’s kitchen and borrow the CANE that is leaning against her counter. Use the cane to retrieve the documented EVIDENCE.
- Watch the final cut scene.
Congratulations! You have finished playing Silent Scream: The Dancer!
After you have completed the game, click “Extras” from the main menu. Click the “Bonus Chapter” link to begin play.
- We now know what happened to Jenny. There is only one missing piece: her corpse.
- Pick up the KEY (A) outside the pub.
- Click the stage area to play a match the related objects puzzle (B). The TONGS go with the ice bucket and are added to inventory.
- Click the stage area again to play a hidden object game. The CORKSCREW (C) is added to inventory. Use the corkscrew to uncork the bottle. Get the second KEY.
- Exit through the curtains on the left to the corridor.
- Access the trash can (A). Move the trash around until you find the third KEY.
- Enter the makeup room (B). Collect the fourth KEY.
- Exit to the alley.
- Access the dumpster (A). Click the numbered plastic sheet to reveal the fifth KEY.
- Pick up the ROCK (B). Return to the corridor. Return to the stage area and continue up the stairs to the second floor (C).
- Zoom in on the area under the dancing cage (A). Use the ROCK to break open the tile. Use the TONGS to retrieve the POCKET KNIFE.
- Return to the stage area.
- Zoom in on the backdrop for the stage. Use the POCKET KNIFE to cut away the backdrop (B). A hidden door is revealed. Figure out which of the five keys will open the door (C) and solve the mystery.
Congratulations! You have finished playing the bonus chapter of Silent Scream: The Dancer!