Papaya Farm: Game Introduction
Papaya Farm is an iPhone game developed by Papayamobile that lets you manage your very own farm and ranch. Gamezebo’s Papaya Farm strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats to help you in your agricultural endeavours.
Quick Start Guide
- You can download Papaya Farm for free for your iOS device by following the “get it now!” link at the top of this page.
- In order to play you’ll also need to sign up for a Papayamobile account, if you don’t already happens. This requires you to create a username, password, and avatar.
Farming and Ranching
- The ultimate goal in the game is simply to farm. You have a farm divided into various plots, only a few of which are initially available, and you can plant and harvest crops on these plots.
- To start you’ll have just four plots of land available.
- At the bottom of the screen you’ll see a tool bar, which has five different icons. These icons represent the different actions you can perform in the game.
- The shovel is used to clear away withered or harvested plants, as well as to clear the grass away from newly purchased plots of land.
- In order to unlock new plots you’ll need to be at the right experience level. If a plot can be accessed, it will have a wooden sign that says “plow” on it. In addition to using the shovel icon, you’ll also need to spend a certain amount of money to unlock the plot.
- The second icon is a bag, which holds all of your currently held seeds. Tapping it will bring up a list of all the seeds in your possession, and you can select which ones you want to plant from here. Once you’ve selected a seed you just need to tap on an empty plot to plant it.
- Tapping on a planted seed will let you know how far away it is from being fully mature so that you can harvest it.
- The third icon is a scythe, which is used for clearing away the weeds that will periodically show up on your farm.
- The fourth action allows you to clear away of any bugs, which, like the weeds, will periodically appear on your crops preventing them from growing.
- The fifth and final action is the hand, which is used for harvesting crops. Once a crop is fully grown you simply need to tap on it with the hand icon selected and it will automatically be harvested and go into your inventory.
- At the top of the screen you’ll see another set of five icons.
- The first, which depicts two little cartoon people, allows you to manage your friends list and the various social aspects of the game.
- The second shows your inventory, which is divided into three categories: fruits, tools, and items.
- Fruits, despite the name, represents all of the crops you have harvested, whether they are fruit or not. Here you can sell them for cash, and you have the option to sell however many as you like.
- As you harvest crops you’ll also earn items and tools, which have various effects. Tapping on an item or tool in your inventory will show you exactly what it does. In some cases, such as with the blenders, you’ll need a certain number of a specific crop in order to use it. You can also sell many of the items and tools.
- The third icon at the top of the screen is the store, where you can buy new seeds and items. As with your inventory, tapping on a seed or item in the store will provide further information about it, such as how long it takes a particular crop to grow.
- The fourth icon shows your various achievements in the form of medals, while the fifth and final simply allows you to refresh the game.
- In addition to your farm, you also have a ranch where you can raise animals. To access it, tap on the tiny wooden sign in the lower right corner of the screen that says “ranch.”
- Here you only have three action icons at the bottom of the screen: the first allows you to refresh your animals’ water, the second is to feed them, and the third lets you gather any goods they produce.
- If an animal does produce goods, such as a hen that lays eggs, tapping it will bring up the length of time before the next round of goods are ready.
- You’ll find the same icons at the top of the screen as when you’re on the farm, the only difference is that the store contains different items.
- Instead of seeds, you can buy animals. Again, tapping an animal will provide further information as to what they do and what is required of you before you can own and raise the animal.
- There is an item section, but the items in this store are different from those found in the farm store, as they all pertain to raising animals and running your ranch.
- You’ve completed the Papaya Farm quick start guide for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Now you have all the skills you need to have the best farm around. Be sure to keep checking back with Gamezebo for our extensive coverage with reviews, previews, guides and more.