Mall Party – Game Introduction
Mall Party is a simulation game from Social Expeditions for the iPhone and iPod Touch. As the owner of your very own shopping mall, it’s up to you to make the big decisions when it comes to planning and building new shops as well as taking care of the day to day business. With Gamezebo’s quick start guide, you’ll be running the hottest shopping place in town!
Quick Start Guide
- To get start downloading Mall Party to your device, simply click the “Get It Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once the game has finished downloading and installing, you can find it on your home screen. Tap on the icon labeled “Mall Party” to begin playing.
- On your first time starting the game, you’ll be shown a few instruction screens that give you a general idea of what you’ll be doing in Mall Party. As these screens are mostly vague and don’t contain information, I wouldn’t blame you for skipping them entirely (after all, their vagueness is probably why you’re here in the first place!)
Building Mall Shops
- Now that you are at the main gameplay screen, you can get started with building some new shops for customers to enjoy.
- Tap the icon in the bottom right corner that has a wrench and hammer inside. Doing so will bring up the Build menu.
- In the Build menu, you have several categories to choose from when expanding your mall. These are Stores, Decorations, Floors and Premium items.
- The first category centers around the different types of stores found in your typical shopping mall. We have a toy store, beauty store, baby clothing store, as well as many other specialty stores and restaurants.
- As we have just began building our mall, there are only a few different stores to choose from. Choose from the few stores available by tapping on it.
- Now you will be taken back to the mall in placement mode. You can move your shop wherever there is free space, and rotate it as well. Once you’ve finished, tap the ‘OK’ button to place the new shop. Placing a shop in your mall will automatically earn you a few experience points.
Managing your Mall
- For the most part, your mall will be able to simply run itself requiring little to no intervention on your part. However, once in a while you will be required to perform maintenance and upgrades to keep your mall looking fresh and new.
- Shops placed in your mall can be upgraded in order to produce more coins in return.
- To upgrade: Tap on the shop you would like to upgrade, then tap the “Upgrade” button in the menu that pops up. From here, you will be shown two upgrade options. One simply requires coins and will take several hours to complete. The other option costs Mallbucks (real money) to complete and will be done instantly.
- Depending on how patient or impatient you are should determine which currency you use. Keep in mind though, that Mallbucks should be used wisely as there are certain shops and items that are available for purchase exclusively with them.
- Now, your customers aren’t exactly the neatest types and are always seemingly leaving their trash and junk all over your mall.
- To dispose of the junk, simply tap on it. Doing so will earn you either a few coins or XP, so there’s really no reason not to!
- Cleaning up lots of trash will earn you Luxury points. Having more luxury will attract higher-spending customers.
- Collecting from your stores in the mall is necessary to earn money. There are a few ways to collect: Tap on the shop, then tap on the coins symbol, or wait for the shop to collect the maximum amount of money possible, then tap on the “Collect” sign to collect it.
- Now what good is a mall without some sweet sales once in a while? Luckily in Mall Party, you can have some sales in as many stores as you like.
- To have a sale: Tap on the store in which you’d like to have a sale in, then tap the “Start Sale” button. Sales do take a little bit of time to start, but you can have it start immediately for a few Mallbucks.
- Sales work a lot like they do in the real world, as in it will bring in more cliental for that particular shop and your mall. They also don’t last very long, usually only lasting just a few minutes.
Keeping Guests Happy
- While not always the easiest task in the retail world, it’s in your best interest to keep your guests happy while shopping in your mall.
- One way of doing so is handing out free gifts occasionally to customers that are shopping your mall.
- To hand out free gifts: Tap on the customer, then tap the “Give Gift” button. While you will lose a few coins out of the deal, it has quite the pay-off as the guest will immediately run to the nearest store and spend twice as much as the gift you gave them.
Expanding your Mall and empire
- Starting out, you really do not have much space to place shops and other items, but you can expand your space as you go.
- Expansions are earned and added automatically to your mall as you level up. The expansions only happen at certain levels, so just be sure to keep an eye on the level up rewards screen when it happens.
- In Mall Party, you can have multiple malls if you wish and have your own little mall empire. Doing so will let you earn even more coins from more shops.
- To open a mall in a new city, tap the icon in the lower right corner that resembles a big city skyline. From here you can select which new city you’d like to build your next mall in.
- At the beginning, you will only have New York (which is where your starting mall resides), but you will unlock more cities along the way.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Mall Party on iPhone and iPod Touch. Now that you know the rope, you can grow your own little mall empire. Keep checking back with Gamezebo for reviews, previews, guides and more!