Nightclub City DJ Heroes – Game Introduction
Nightclub City DJ Rivals is an iPhone game developed by Booyah that’s part social game, part rhythm action. Gamezebo’s Nightclub City DJ Rivals strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats to help you rock the house all night long.
Quick Start Guide
- You can download DJ Rivals by clicking the “get it now!” link at the top of this page.
- If you also play the Facebook game Nightclub City, you can link the two games by going to the “msg” section (the one that looks like a little mobile phone) on the main page. You can sign in via Facebook Connect, and you’ll earn in-game bonuses for both games by doing so.
- Then, once you select a look for your DJ, it’s time to play the game.
Rock the Party and Battling
- DJ Rivals will have you travelling all across the United States battling against other DJs. You’ll start off in San Francisco, but you can visit other cities as well.
- Selecting a city will show you a list of buildings in the area, each of which is home to the DJs you’ll need to battle.
- Selecting a building will bring you inside, where you’ll see other DJs standing around. Above the DJ you’ll see their experience level. If the level is a lot higher than your own, you should probably not battle that DJ, because chances are you’ll lose.
- Once you do decide to enter into a battle all you need to do is tap on the DJ you want to take on. This will take you to a mini-game that is centered around rhythm.
- To start, all you’ll need to do is tap the screen at the right time, and you’ll see a green check mark on screen if you’re successful. The more green checks you manage to get, the higher damage your attack will be. You’ll take turns exchanging attacks with your rival and the first to run out of health loses.
- Losing will cause you to lose stamina points, while winning will earn you bonuses like experience, money, and collectible items.
- As you add new moves to your repertoire, the combat becomes more complex. Sometimes you’ll need hold your finger on the screen, sometimes you’ll need to scratch the record on the right side of the screen. It all depends on the move you are using. You can have three moves equipped at any time.
Missions, Collectibles, and Customization
- If you select the story option at the bottom of the screen you’ll be able to bring up a list of the available missions. Completing missions will earn you experience, skill points, and more, and will also allow you to progress through the game and fight against boss characters.
- Tapping a particular mission will bring up additional details as to what exactly you’ll need to do to complete it.
- Tapping on the store will bring up a list of things you can purchase. This section only includes boosts, such as additional skill points or a stamina/energy refill. These boosts can only be purchased with ice, the premium currency in the game.
- Meanwhile, if you tap on the gear option at the bottom of the screen you’ll see a list of the new turntables (which the game calls rigs) and moves you can purchase. Some of these will need to be unlocked before you can buy them. In the case of the moves, you’ll also be able to take them for a test to make sure you understand how to use the move before you purchase it.
- In this section you’ll also see a list of your collections. You’ll earn collectible items by completing missions and winning battles, and each item is part of a set. Completed sets can be redeemed for bonuses. To see what those bonuses are simply tap on the info button beside the collection.
- If you want to customize and improve your avatar all you need to do is tap on the character icon at the top of the screen. Here you’ll see three different options: stats, outfits, and gigs.
- The stats option allows you to improve your character through the use of skill points. You’ll earn skill points by completing missions and gaining experience levels.
- There are five different stat categories, each of which has its own benefits. Toughness increases your health points, attack increases the amount of damage you can do in battle, speed improves your chances of attacking first, stamina increases the amount of energy you have available, and adrenaline is used to fight other players.
- You can also change your avatar’s appearance at any time, if you decide you don’t like your initial choice. All of the clothing and style options are completely free, and you can change your look at any point in the game.
- Finally on this screen you’ll also see a list of gigs. Defeating DJs in certain locations will allow you to become the regular DJ in the building, which is referred to as a gig. Each gig will earn you some cash, which is paid out a regular time intervals. You can collect it from this screen.
- You’ve completed the Nightclub City DJ Rivals quick start guide for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Now you have all the skills you need to be the coolest DJ around. Be sure to keep checking back with Gamezebo for our extensive coverage with reviews, previews, guides and more.