Tap Jurassic – Game Introduction
Tap Jurassic is a simulation game from Gameview Studios for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Given your own island, you have the chance to build a Jurassic Park of your own, complete with scenery and dinosaurs galore! Gamezebo’s quick start guide will give you all the tips, tricks, and cheats you’ll need so you can become a dinosaur tycoon in no time.
Quick Start Guide
- To start downloading Tap Jurassic to your device, click the “Get It Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once the game has finished installing on your device, tap the icon labeled “Tap Jurassic” to begin playing.
- Note: You will need to have some sort of internet connection at all times to play Tap Jurassic.
- You’ll now be taken to your island, with a small tutorial to guide you through the initial steps of Tap Jurassic.
Building Your Island
- Tap the Store button in the bottom left corner to access the in-game market, which contains Habitats, Animals, Concession stands, Decorations and Land expansions.
- First, we should build a Habitat so select that first. At the beginning of the game, the only habitats available to you are the Standard versions.
- You can then pick your habitat depending on which you would like to place and which you can afford. When you are only level 1, the options are slim and limited to the “Standard Habitat” and the “Gravel and Stones” habitat. Choose one or the other to place on your island.
- Now you will be taken back to a view of your island to place the habitat. Move your finger around the screen until you have decided on a spot to place it, then tap on it to confirm.
- A habitat without an animal is pretty useless, so let’s get an animal to put into the habitat next. Tap the Store icon, then tap Animals to see the different categories available to you. The varieties available to you are Dinos, Rhinos, Therias, Birdies, and Safari animals. Choose a category of animal by tapping on its name to continue. Keep in mind that not all animals are immediately available for purchase and will need to be unlocked first by leveling up.
- When first placed, habitats can only hold one type of animal. By upgrading it using the ‘+’ symbol on it, you can increase the capacity of the habitat, allowing more species to roam in one single habitat.
- Seeing as how you are likely only still at Level 1 at this point, the only animals you can purchase are the Rajasauras and the Bull. Choose whichever you like and push the Buy button to place them. Drag the animal to your habitat, then press on him to continue.
- When first placing your animal and every once in a while, your animal will become hungry. Tap on the icon above his head to feed him.
- Note: Each animal does have a limit as to how many you can have on your island. For example, the Rajasauras’ limit is only 2.
Managing Your Island
- Your island comes with a pre-built popcorn stand for your guests. As they visit your island, they are likely to buy some popcorn from time to time. Instead of you collecting the money earned instantly from the popcorn machine, you can only collect it every once in a while. You’ll know when it is ready because it will have a large coin icon above it. Tap this coin icon to collect the money.
- After you’ve collected the money from a concession stand, you’ll need to clean it as well by tapping on the brush icon above it. By doing so, you’ll earn XP.
- Another option that you can do will earn you additional coins from your concession stands. When you tap on a concession stand, there will be a little ‘+’ sign below it. You can tap on this + sign to upgrade the concession stand. This will earn you additional coins each time you collect because it will attract more visitors. If you can afford the upgrade, it’s definitely recommended that you purchase it.
- Note: Upgrading does take a bit of time to complete and will put the affected confession stand out of commission until it’s complete. You may use Bucks (real money) to instantly complete the upgrade if you’re finding the wait to be too painful.
- Trees work much like animals and will need to be watered every once in a while as well. Simply tap on the icon above them to water them and earn a small amount of XP.
- Just when you thought managing your own Jurassic park was going to be easy, there’s a quest system in Tap Jurassic.
- To access and see your quests, tap on the Menu button in the bottom right corner of the screen. A menu will pop-up with several different actions available. Tap on the item labeled “Quests” to bring up the quests menu.
- Here you will see several different quests all with different goals and rewards in mind. The top quest is called “Earn Petting Zoo” and rewards you with a petting zoo for your island upon completion.
- Tapping on a quest will take you to a screen with further details about it. You can see exactly what you’ll need to do in order to complete the quest, so it’s easy to determine if you want to save it for a later time or not.
- If you’ve decided you want to take on a quest, simply tap “Start Quest” to begin. At that point, all you’ll need to do is complete the quest and you’ll have the free rewards offered. Not too bad, is it?
- In Tap Jurassic, you can breed animals to bring new life into your park.
- To start, tap the Breed icon in the upper left corner of the screen. You’ll be shown a menu that has the different types of species in your park. Tap on one of them then, tap the other species (or one of the same kind) to bring them down into the breeding room.
- From here, you can tap the Breed button, which will then start the breeding process. Breeding does take quite a bit of time to complete, so this is likely a situation where you’ll need to come back to the game after a while.
- Just like that, you’ve completed the Quick Start Guide for Tap Jurassic on iPhone and iPod Touch! With the knowledge gathered here, your park will surely be visited by people from all around the world. Keep checking back with Gamezebo for more reviews, previews, guides and more!