JellyCar 3 – Game Introduction
JellyCar 3 is a puzzle platformer for the iPhone from Disney Mobile, where players must guide a jelly-like car through several hand-drawn levels. You’ll need to use your brain to figure out what combination of quick manuvers you’ll need to guide the Jelly Car to the finish line. With Gamezebo’s quick start guide, you’ll be zooming through each level in no time.
Quick Start Guide
- JellyCar 3 can be downloaded for your iPhone or iPod Touch fby clicking the “Get It Now!” link near the top of this page.
- Once the app has been downloaded and installed on your device, you can find it on the home screen. Launch it by tapping the icon labeled “JellyCar 3” to continue.
- Once the app has launched, you will be taken to a screen that asks for a screen name. Type in a unique screen name (one that is not already taken by someone else), then press the submit button.
- You will then be shown the main menu, which shows that there are currently 5 sets of levels to choose from. While you only have the “Learner’s Permit” set available to play right now, you will eventually unlock the other sets by earning stars when completing levels.
- Unlocking the first other set “Around the World” requires that you earn 15 stars, “In the Machine” requires 25 stars and so on.
- Additional levels are expected to be added, so keep an eye on your App Store updates.
How to Play JellyCar 3 & Tips
- As stated in the introduction, the object of the game is to guide your “Jelly Car” along to the stop sign at the end of each level. Along the way, you will encounter plenty of obstacles in your path. You will be timed as you go, which determines how many stars you’ll earn.
- Note: as long as you complete each level, you will be given the option to advance; however, you may not earn any stars from a level if you take too long to finish.
- Moving the car: To move your car, you need to just simply tap on the left or right side of your screen. Depending on which side you tap, the car will move in that direction (tapping on the right causes the car to move to the right).
- Don’t worry if you took too long to complete a level – you can always come back later to complete it if it’s too difficult.
- Rewinding time is also your friend. If you make a simple mistake that launches your car off a cliff, you can simply rewind time to make it like that never happened. To do this: Tap the Pause button in the upper right, then tap the Rewind button. Now you will be shown the main gameplay screen with arrows that allow you to pick the exact second in time you’d like to go back to.
- Once you’ve chosen which time you’d like to go back to, push the big Red button in the center. You have a limited amount of continues for free, but can purchase more if you are having major trouble.
- Guiding your car along obstacles can be a tricky challenge, but you should also keep in mind that the game does use tilt control on top of the touch control.
- Tilting is useful when your car gets stuck or flipped upside down. Simply tilt your device to the right or left to hopefully unstick your car. Tilting can also allow you to lift up the front-end of your car to get a head start on small obstacles ahead.
- If your car happens to fall off a cliff and below the dreaded red line, you will immediately be given the option to restart the level or rewind. Depending on how far you’ve come should determine which option you choose.
- At times, it will also become necessary for your car to grown and shrink in size. The default size is small, but by tapping your car, it will grow very large in size allowing you to pass certain obstacles.
- Also, there are certain power-ups and pads that can manipulate your car or the environment around it. A balloon power-up, for instance, places a small balloon on your car and will lift it up in the air for a small amount of time.
- Pads will usually lower or raise a platform or elevator as needed. Your car will need to rest on the pad for as long as you need the platform.
Level Examples with Solutions
- A few levels are listed here to show you how to best play the game and complete these specific levels.
- Keep in mind: Each time a new feature or power-up is introduced, you will usually be shown a small tutorial explaining how to use it. You should really pay attention to these tutorials as they can usually explain a lot about each one.
- Solution for “Chasms” Level
- 1. Move your Jelly Car to the right of the screen as soon as it starts.
- 2. Once you come to the set of 3 falling red blocks, stop immediately after it and wait for the next set to come back up. Once you pass that set of falling blocks, stop and wait for the large block to come back down.
- 3. Move on to the vertically moving platform, then allow it to move and then move on the next platform, then the next.
- 4. At the top platform, a large box will come from the left, knocking your car to the right.
- 5. Tilt your car to move back to its upright position and hold the right of the screen until you reach the stop button.
- Solution for “Balloon Trek”
- 1. Immediately move your car to the right to grab the blue balloon waiting for you. Move back to the left side under the red arrow.
- 2. Now tap the balloon icon to activate the balloon. Move to the left in order to activate the green pad and move the big blue box out of the way. Tap the balloon icon again to fall down.
- 3. Move your car to the right again, then activate the balloon to move up and fly out of this area.
- 4. Deflate the balloon once at the top to allow the car to fall down to the next area. Move to the right and grab the next balloon power-up and activate it. Move through the two blue doors and move to the right once at the top.
- 5. Now for the tricky part. You’ll need to deactivate the balloon, then reactivate it and move to the next area to the right in mid-air. This is a situation where it may take you a few tries to get it right.
- 6. Now, grab the next balloon power-up and move to the final area. Get the power-up if you need it, then activate the three pads you see at the top of the tower, along with the one to the direct left. Move to the left and up the shaft, then along the blue boxes to finish the level.
Customizing your car
- JellyCar 3 features an option in which you can customize your car.
- From the menu, tap the “My Cars” option to be taken to the design screen. Tap “New Design” to continue.
- Here, you can customize just about every detail of your car from the wheels to the frame, then save it.
- You may switch your design at any time you wish so don’t be afraid to get as creative as you can.
- You have completed the Quick Start Guide for JellyCar 3! Now that you know the ropes, you’ll be flying through the rest of the levels in no time at all! Keep checking back in to Gamezebo for additional updates such as reviews, previews, guides and more.