Zombie Isle – Game Introduction
Zombie Isleis an iPhone game developed by Glu Games that has you searching for treasure while managing an undead crew. Gamezebo’sZombie Islestrategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats so that you can sail the high seas in style.
Zombie Isle Quick Start Guide
- Zombie Isle can be downloaded from the App Store for free by following the “Play Now” link at the top of this page.
- The game uses Apple’s Game Center network to keep track of your online play. If you already have this set-up you’ll be signed in automatically, otherwise you’ll need to register your account.
Searching for gold
- Your main activity in Zombie Isle, as the pirate theme suggests, is searching for gold and other treasure. To do this you simply need to move your boat to an unexplored island and, when you’re close enough, tap the dock button.
- Once you do that you’ll be transported to the island itself. Here you can direct a zombie with a shovel to dig up various points on the island. Essentially, each island is divide into a series of squares and you’ll need to tap one to explore them all.
- Digging for gold uses up energy. And depending on where you’re digging, it will use up a different amount. Digging a clear spot of sand, for instance, will take less energy than digging a spot with a huge tree on it. You can keep track of your energy level in the upper left corner (it’s the second, green bar.)
- Your main goal is to find treasure chests. At the bottom of the screen, right in the center underneath the name of the island, you’ll see the number of treasure chests that are on that particular island, and how many you have found so far.
- You can open normal chests automatically, but there are some that require either common keys or zombie keys. These keys can either be purchase from the store or found as you dig for treasure. They’re actually pretty common, so you’ll likely not need to buy very many.
- The treasure chests will contain different types of items, each of which will be part of a collection. There are a number of collections, ranging from zombie artifacts to ship parts. Once you complete a collection you can turn it in for extra cash and experience.
- You’ll know when a collection has been completed when a diamond appears on the right hand side of the screen.
- Some parts of the islands you’ll be exploring will require a tool. You’ll need a machete for clearing away vegetation, a hammer for breaking rocks and other big objects, and a jackhammer-like device for digging in the hard ground. These can be purchased in the store and you’ll only need to do so once for each tool.
- The other things you’ll acquire from digging for treasure include coins, doubloons, experience, and energy-restoring fruit.
Infecting and battling
- As you sail the seas you’ll come across other boats. These, for reasons unexplained, are your enemies. You can enter battle with them by simply sailing into the other boat.
- Before battle you can arrange your zombie pirates however you like. When you’re ready, tap the ready icon.
- Once in battle you’ll see your team lined up on the left side of the screen and your opponents on the right. To attack, tap on one of your zombies and then tap on an opposing zombie. Your zombie will continue to attack until either it dies or its opponent does.
- The important thing to keep in mind is that once one of your zombies kills an opponent, they will stop fighting. So you’ll need to pay attention and give them someone to attack once they’re ready.
- The battles are to the death, and are only completed once one side is completely wiped out.
- If you win, you can tend to your surviving zombies by feeding them brains. Tap on the treasure chest icon in the lower right corner to bring up the menu, then on the sailboat icon at the top. Here you’ll see all of your zombies and their health level. Tap on a low health zombie and click the brain icon to refill its health. Additional brains can be purchased from the store.
- You can also purchase a bigger boat from the store, which lets you send more zombies out into battle, thus giving you a better chance of winning.
- To replenish your ranks, you can dock your boat at large city islands and infect people, turning them into zombies to add to your crew.
- To infect people you’ll need hunter zombies, which can be purchased from the store. Once you have enough you can start infecting people, which takes a certain amount of time (usually just a few minutes) though you can speed things up by spending a couple of doubloon.
- Each city has different types of zombies to create: some are stronger, some can help heal, etc. There are 10 zombie types in all.
Odds and ends
- You’ll find doubloons occasionally as you dig for treasure, but they aren’t very common. So if you want a bunch, you’ll need to spend some real money on them via an in-app purchase. You can also purchase additional coins, if you like. These in-app purchases range anywhere from $1 to $65. You’ll want extra doubloons for things like buying additional energy and speeding up the rate of infection.
- You’ll find pieces of food as you explore that can be used to replenish your energy. To access it, go into the menu, tap on the backpack icon, and then go to the section that looks like a little lightening bolt. Here you’ll be presented with all of the energy refilling food you’ve collected thus far.
- You’ve completed the Zombie Isle quick start guide for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Now you’ll have no problems sailing the high seas and finding treasure. Be sure to keep checking back with Gamezebo for our extensive coverage with reviews, previews, guides and more.