Infinity Blade – Game Introduction
Infinity Blade is an action RPG from Chair Entertainment for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Combining elements from the RPG and fighting genre, Infinity Blade puts you in the shoes of a warrior set out to avenge his father’s death. With Gamezebo’s quick start guide, you’ll be sword fighting your way to victory in no time.
Quick Start Guide
- In order to get started in playing Infinity Blade for your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, you’ll need to first purchase it by clicking the “Play Now” link above.
- Once you have the game downloaded, you will need to run it from your device’s home screen. On the home screen of your device, tap the icon labeled “Infinity Blade” that has a sword in the center of it. Tap it to run the game.
- Now that you’re running the game, you’ll be introduced to the story behind Infinity Blade concerning your father’s death. You will need to react at a few spots requiring you to block and hit.
- To block, tap the shield icon at the bottom of the screen. This will make our character go into a crouched stance and hold up his shield to deflect an oncoming attack. If you successfully block the oncoming attack, you will see “Block” in large blue letters at the top of the screen.
- However, once in a while when blocking you will be able to land a “Block Break” which makes your enemy vulnerable to attack. To attack, simply swipe on the screen in whichever direction you wish in order to land an attack. When the enemy recovers from your attacks he will likely block them and begin attacking again.
- After the introduction is out of the way, you’ll be shown the game’s title screen with the option to “Start Bloodline.” Push the letters shown to begin your journey.
- As we previously explained, you’ll need to block attacks frequently using the shield button at the bottom of the screen; however, you’ll also need to learn a few additional techniques in order to gain skills.
- Besides blocking, another technique is dodging, and has your character not using their shield, but rather their agility to quickly move out of harm’s way as your enemy attacks. Dodging should be completed only just before the enemy’s weapon is to hit you as they may override your dodge otherwise. Just like blocking, there is a chance you may land a “Dodge Break” that allows you to attack your enemy for a period of time.
- The final technique for combat is parrying. To parry, you must match which direction your enemy is swinging their weapon. For example: if your enemy’s weapon is swinging horizontally from their left, swipe horizontally from your left a second or so before his attack lands to parry it. Just as with the other two techniques, parrying will occasionally land you a “Parry Break” that allows you to attack your vulnerable enemy.
- Each type of defense will disable your opponent for a length of time relative to the move’s difficulty. Parrying, being the most difficult, disables your opponent the longest. This middle ground is occupied by dodging, and blocking offers the shortest window of attack opportunity.
- Combos also make an important appearance in Infinity Blade in that they offer a way to make extra XP and land some additional hits on your enemy while they are in a vulnerable state. To do so, rapidly swipe at your enemy while they are dazed and you should land a quick combo.
- Super attacks are a quick and easy way to land a devastating attack on an enemy. In the upper left corner of your screen, you should see a small blue icon with a sword in the center. Gradually as you fight and conquer enemies, this meter will fill up. When full, tap it to unleash a heavy attack on your enemy.
- Magic also makes an appearance in Infinity Blade and is occasionally more effective than the Super attack and significantly more effective than a normal swipe attack. Much like the super attack, the magic meter is at the upper right corner of the screen and also fills up over time during battle. When full, tap the icon and then you will have to draw the symbol that flashes on-screen for a few seconds. What you have to draw is denoted by the ring you are currently equipped with. Some later rings offer multiple spells with multiple symbols.
- Finishing combos is also an effective way to earn additional experience points. At the end of each battle as your enemy is reeling from your final blow, you can attack him for additional XP. Perform combos and you could earn significant extra XP.
Leveling Up & Mastery
- Infinity Blade has a comprehensive level-up system, and requires XP to do so. After each battle is completed, you are shown a results screen that shows how much XP you earned during battle.
- After earning a certain amount of XP, you will level-up and can spend skill points on such needs as health points, attack points, shield points, and magic. Each of these skills are vital to your progress in the game, but you should decide which skill is most important to you and devote a few extra to that skill each time you earn skill points. Leveling up also refills your character’s health completely.
- Weapons, helmets, shields, armor, and rings all earn XP when equipped that contribute to your overall XP. Each item can be mastered, which will earn you a skill point but will also lock that item from earning additional XP. Because of this, it is wise to upgrade each piece of equipment once it has been mastered.
Purchasing Items, Gaining Coins & Potions
- Much like XP, coins are gained after each battle, but can also be found throughout the world in both chests and bags lying around. Collect these bags and chests to gain coins that you can then use to purchase better equipment.
- At any point while playing or after each battle, you may enter the store. To enter it while playing, push the Pause symbol at the top of the screen. Tap Character to enter the store and begin purchasing items. Higher power items will cost more money than weaker items, but will likely be worth the extra cost in the end.
- Potions are found throughout the world, much like coins. These items will heal your character after he has been damaged in battle. They are found by looking around the world after battle and can be collected by simply tapping them. Simply tap the icon in the lower left corner of the screen to use them.
- Chances are, you will likely lose your first Bloodline and be killed by the same villain that killed your father. Not to worry, however, as you can simply begin the second bloodline and carry over your stats and equipment. You will have to play through the quest again, but you will become more powerful each time you do so. It may take you several bloodlines to finally take down the final boss. Parrying and dodging are the keys to killing him, as he will take out your shield very early on.
Hurray courageous warrior! You are now strong with the knowledge of the strategies needed for Infinity Blade, and you are now ready to avenge your father’s death. Keep checking back with Gamezebo for more previews, reviews, tips and more!