Paradise Island: Exotic Game Introduction
Paradise Island: Exotic is an island resort simulation from Game Insight for the iPod Touch and iPhone. In this game, you are given a small island to build into a thriving resort town. Using Gamezebo’s quick start guide, you’ll be relaxing on a beach sipping a martini in no time with plenty of tips, tricks, cheats and more to help you in your journey to becoming the ultimate island tycoon.
Quick Start Guide
- In order for you to begin playing Paradise Island: Exotic for your iPhone or iPod Touch, you’ll need to download the app by clicking the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once the application has finished installing, you’ll find it on the home screen of your device. Tap the icon that resembles a person running on the beach to begin playing.
- Now that the game has started, you can begin setting up your island to your heart’s content. You will be prompted early on as to whether or not you’d like to use the tutorial to continue. As a beginner, I recommend you start with the tutorial.
- You are also given a basic run-down of the backstory of the island at this point, in that it used to be an extremely hot fishing spot but has become run-down in recent years and the citizens would like to see it repaired and refurbished into a resort town.
- The first thing you’ll need to do is repair the pier by the dock. Tap on the pier to open up a new menu and then tap the “Fix” button to fix it. The process will take a few seconds and you’ll be ready to move on.
- With the new pier, you’ll receive a pop-up notice letting you know that guests are arriving due to the repair and that you should open up new accommodations for them.
- Tap on the button on the left hand corner of the screen that looks like a gazebo or small house. This opens up the market menu and allows you to purchase new items and buildings for your island. Tap the cabin to go into placement mode.
- Drag your finger across the screen until you’ve got your cabin in an area designated by green squares and then push the green check mark to confirm placement of the cabin. The cabin will allow more guests to stay on your island.
- Buildings need power on your island and you have a bit of a selection for those buildings. Available at the beginning is the windmill. Tap the market and select the utilities tab that is denoted by the wrench icon. Select the windmill and place it much like you did with the cabin.
- Next, you’ll want to place a hot dog stand by opening up the market, and tapping the entertainment section that has a pair of dice as the symbol. Tap the hot dog stand from within the market and place it on your island just as you did with the cabin. The hot dog stand and other entertainment venues will make your island more appealing and exciting to visitors.
- With those formalities out of the way, you have the most basic mechanics of Paradise Island: Exotic down and we can move on to more advanced strategies.
Information and Improvements
- Throughout your island, you’ll be able to look at every aspect of your island’s different buildings and items.
- The most important information will be displayed when you touch the XP bar, which is displayed in the upper right corner of the screen. Tap it to see statistics that can help you grow your island more efficiently.
- This screen also helps in showing the amount of power you’re consuming versus how much you could potentially be using. Use this as a guideline to when to place new windmills or power plants.
- Tapping on a building brings up its own information screen displaying all different statistics over the life of the building. “Improving” a building will increase the amount of supplies you are able to collect from it each time you are able to.
- Different buildings have differing levels of improvements. The cabin, for instance, only allows 5 improvements before the limit is reached. You may only improve on a building once in a while.
- Improving does not take coins or other resources to perform and will grant a bit of XP each time you do it so you should improve buildings on your island as much as possible.
Additional Services and Gold Piastres
- At the bottom of the main game screen, there is an icon noted by a “Star” that provides a few options and a few additional features that require gold piastres to use.
- Gold piastres are the premium currency in Paradise Island: Exotic and should be used sparingly. You are only given a few at the beginning of the game to start with and should only be used when you are absolutely sure about buying an item or service.
- Additional services offers to “Collect all profit for 1 gold piastre” and “Repair all for 3 golden piastres”. These could be useful if you have a lot of buildings that are either ready to be collected or repaired. However, you should likely save your money on these services as they can be performed yourself in just a few easy taps like we discussed earlier.
- Under additional services, you also have the option to begin a new game and start over and also tweak a few other settings such as graphical detail, sound and ask for additional help.
Goals and Scores
- Off to the right of the screen is a row of icons designed to show you how your progress is as well as help you zoom in and out of your island.
- Tap the icon resembling a trophy to bring up the “Scores” tab. The first time you push this, an OpenFeint window should pop-up and ask for your login. If you don’t have an OpenFeint account, you will have the option to create one as well. Once you’ve logged into OpenFeint you can close the window by tapping the “X” in the top right corner.
- Tap the trophy icon again and you’ll be shown how your island stacks up to your friends and the rest of the world. You can sort by other denominations by tapping the appropriate tab.
- Also on the right of the screen is the Goals button. Goals can be accessed by tapping the icon that looks like a ribbon. These goals will likely take a long time, but you may periodically check on them if you wish.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Paradise Island: Exotic for iPhone and iPod Touch. Be sure to keep checking back with Gamezebo for our extensive coverage with reviews, previews, guides and more.