Tap Mall – Game Introduction
Tap Mall is an online mall simulation game for the iPhone and iPod Touch developed by Gameview Studios. Customize the mall store of your dreams as you stock trendy clothing items and watch stylish women swarm into your boutique to shop. Use your profits to expand and add even more trendy decor items until you have the coolest store in the mall. But beware! If you don’t check in frequently, those awful criminals just might steal your inventory! Gamezebo’s Tap Mall strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips, tricks, hints and cheats on how to win.
Quick Start Guide
- Tap Mall is a free Application and can be downloaded from the link near the top of this page.
- Once you install the device and load it you will be taken through a brief tutorial which explains how to purchase decor items for your store as well as inventory to place in it.
- The game will continue to run even while you are exited out of it, so if you purchase items to be delivered make sure you pick them up because once they are there for 6 hours they will be stolen. The only way to recover them is to use Mall Bucks, or you will have to discard the items, losing all of your initial investments.
- NOTE – There are no push notifications in the game at this time (this could change in future game upgrades) so you may need to set your device alarm to make sure your items are not stolen once delivered.
- Each time you return to the game you will be shown a summary of how many sales were made and how much you earned while you were away from the game.
- The games music can be toggled on and off in the upper left hand corner by tapping on the music note.
Game Screen Elements
- Here you will see a typical game screen and the elements are labeled and described in detail below for you.
- A. Game Sound Toggle/Camera – Tap here to take Snapshots of your Shop or your Game Avatar and tap on the music note to toggle the game music on or off. NOTE – See game Tips at the right of this page for more details about taking snapshots in the game.
- B. Game Currency – Here you will see your game currency. Gold Coins and Mall Bucks. You start out with 1500 Gold Coins and 5 Mall Bucks as seed money when you begin the game.
- C. Level/XP Indicator – Here you can tell your current game level in the Star and in the meter you will see how many XP (Experience Points) you have and how many you will need to reach the next game level.
- D. Popularity Rating – Each one of the thumbs up that highlights in green shows how popular your shop is. (See popularity rating below for more details.)
- E. Purchase More Currency – Tap here to purchase more Tap Mall Bucks or earn Free ones by downloading apps.
- F. Stock Room – Tap here to get to the game Stock Room.
- G. My Mall Menu – Tap here to get to the “My Mall” menu and navigate around the game.
Game Currencies/How to Earn or purchase extra Currency in Tap Mall
- There are two types of currencies in Tap Mall.
- Gold Coins – This is the basic game currency and is what you will earn when you sell clothing items in your store. You are given 1500 coins when you begin the game.
- Mall Bucks – Mall Bucks are the premium currency of the game and you are awarded 5 free Mall Bucks when you start the game. Mall Bucks will allow you to purchase higher end items that sell for more coins in your store and will also decrease the delivery time of items if you agree to spend Mall Bucks on instant delivery of an item to avoid the delivery wait times.
- Tap on the Mall Bucks icon at the upper right corner of the game screen to purchase more Mall Bucks. You will be billed via your iTunes account and the smallest bundle amount available is 150 Mall bucks for $4.99 USD.
- You can also earn free Mall Bucks by tapping on the bottom of the Mall Bucks purchase page. You will need to download apps to earn the free Mall Bucks or Coins.
- You can also earn free coins by cleaning your Store daily as well as the stores of your Neighbors.
XP (Experience Points)
- Experience points are what you earn each time you sell an item in your store, level up, Clean up your store, Clean your Neighbor’s store and deliver items to your Store.
- Look at the meter at the top right of the game screen to the right of the star (which indicates your level in the game) to see how many XP you have earned and how many you will need to reach the next level. This meter will fill up as you earn XP and once it fills up completely you will have advanced one level in the game. Each time you level up in the game you earn a huge coin bonus which will be announced in a notification message.
Cleaning your Shop
- Each time you visit your shop you will notice several clothing items on the floor.
- Tap on each item of clothing once to remove it.
- Once you remove the 10 items of clothing you will be rewarded with 5 coins and 1 XP.
Purchasing Decor items for your Shop
- To purchase Decor items and place them in your shop you will need to tap on the arrow at the bottom right of the game screen which will take you to the “My Mall” screen.
- Next, tap on the “Decorations” button and you can purchase shelves, counters, registers, wall decorations, rugs, and wallpaper to decorate your shop with.
- Tap on the item you wish to purchase and then it will show up in your shop. Use your finger to guide the item where you want to place it.
- Hangers are needed for clothing so you will need racks for hangers. Tables and shelves will be needed for shoes and purses so make sure you have some of each.
- TIP – Purchase shelves, tables and racks before you purchase wallpaper or rugs as you will need these items first to sell clothing and make a profit you can reinvest later.
Ordering Items for your Store/Buying items from the Catalog
- Tap on the button at the lower right corner of the game screen and you will be taken to the “My Mall” area.
- Next, tap on the “Catalog” and you will see several collections listed. Use your fingertip and swipe to the right to see more collections.
- Tap on a collection and inside you will see the clothing items you can purchase.
- You can purchase them in different amounts such as 1,5,10, 20 and so on. Choose your quantity and note at the bottom left the delivery time of each quantity. The more of an item you order the longer the delivery time.
- Once you choose the quantity tap on “Deliver” and the items will move to the bottom of the stock room area until they are ready for delivery.
- NOTE – If you wait more than 6 hours to move these items into your store once they are delivered they will be stolen and you can either pay Mall Bucks to get them back or you will have to throw them out losing all of your investment.
- Once items are counting down for delivery you will see the words “In Delivery” across them with the timer counting down under them. Once the items are ready to be delivered they will say ” Deliver” on them and you will need to tap on them. This will move the items to the top of the screen in the “Available” area. Any item here can now be placed in your shop as long as you have the shelf or counter space to place it.
Placing Delivered Items into your Shop
- Once items have been delivered and placed in the ‘Available” area at the top of the Stock Room area you will need to place them into the shop to be sold
- Make sure you have racks with hangers for clothing, Tables for purses and shoes.
- Once the item is in the Available area tap on it again and you will be taken back to the shop. If it is a clothing item, tap on a hanger to place it. You will see it appear on the hanger along with a number showing the number of each item that is hanging there.
- If you place purses or shoes it is handled the same way. Tap on the item then tap on a table and you will see purses or shoes with a number next to it showing your quantities.
- As soon as the items are placed women will start to enter your shop to purchase items and your popularity rating will increase. If you want it to become even higher make sure your saleswoman (Avatar) is well dressed in trendy clothing from the wardrobe area of the game menu.
- If you order items for delivery and they are delivered to your stock room but you do not place them in the store within 6 hours the items will be stolen and you will lose all profits and invested money unless you are willing to pay Mall bucks to get them back ready to place in your store.
- You will see a message when you log into the game if your items have been stolen.
- NOTE – At this time the game does NOT have push notifications so you may want to set your device’s alarm so you can check back in time before any items are stolen.
Changing your Avatar’s Wardrobe/Glamorizing your Avatar to increase Popularity
- You Avatar (The Salesperson behind the register) represents your shop and it is important you keep her looking trendy.
- Tap on the “Wardrobe” icon and you can change the appearance of the salesperson’s hair, skin, eyes, and his or her clothing.
- The better dressed the higher the popularity rating and the more customers you will have attracted to your store.
High End Mall Shops
- To access high end Mall shops to dress your Avatar (Salesperson) go to the “My Mall” area and tap on “Wardrobe” which will show you your avatar.
- Tap on “My Look” if you wish to change the physical appearance of your avatar.
- Tap on ‘My Closet” to see your Avatar’s clothing collection and tap on “Shop for More” if you wish to purchase clothing from a high end Designer shop which only accepts Mall bucks for their items.
- Your popularity rating is shown at the upper right of the game screen with 4 thumbs up symbols. Each time you store reaches a new level of popularity one of the 4 thumbs up will turn green.
- The more of these that turn green the more customers will enter your store and the more money they will spend.
- To increase popularity you must do the following: Keep your store clean, keep your store well stocked with merchandise, dress your salesperson (avatar) in trendy clothing and decorate your store.
- If you do all of these things you will see your popularity rate increase as well as your profits.
Expanding your Shop
- As you earn more money or if you purchase Mall Bucks you will be able to expand your shop and make it larger which allows you to put more items in it.
- The more items in a store the more profits you can make.
- NOTE – Once you expand your shop you will need to purchase additional flooring and wallpaper for the new area so be sure to figure this into your costs.
- Each player can visit several Neighbors per day.
- Tap on the “Neighbor” icon in the “My Mall” menu shown above.
- Tap on the arrow at the bottom right until you reach the “My Mall” screen and then tap on “Neighbors” You will be taken to a random Neighbor’s store and this will automatically earn you 2 Coins and 1 XP just for visiting.
- If you clean the items on your the Neighbor’s floor by tapping on them (up to 10 items) you will earn an additional 5 Coins and 2 XP.
- This can be done any time you wish to earn a few extra coins and XP.
- You have completed the basic game play guide for Tap Mall for iPhone, iPad and the iPod touch by Gameview Studios. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!