Trade Nations – Game Introduction
Trade Nations developed by Amplified Games for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch allows you to build an amazing storybook town. Build adorable stone cottages to attract villagers and assign them to various jobs which build the raw materials needed to reinvest into your town. Open shops, logging camps, quarries and more which allow you to trade goods with your neighbors for extra gold and XP. Gamezebo’s Trade Nations strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide with tips, tricks, and hints on how to win.
Quick Start Guide
- Trade Nations is a free application and can be found for download at the top of this page.
- Once you have the app installed you will be given a temporary user ID until you register for a free Juju Play account which will also let you log in to your Facebook account and connect with friends via Facebook, Juju Play account user name, or by email address.
- Push Notifications can also be set at this time which will notify you when something changes in the game that needs your attention.
- Tap on the lower left corner to sign up for an account with Juju Play which is a free account to help you network with friends. You can use your Facebook profile picture or you can choose from a list of icons provided to you. You will only be asked to provide an email address and will be given a profile page that you can update at any time.
- As you play the game you will earn Trade Nation Badges which in turn earn you Juju Points which once unlocked will earn you Magic Beans to use in your game.
- To access your Juju account tap on the icon at the bottom left of the game screen which shows your user name and level.
- Along the top of the screen you will be able to log into your Facebook account http:www.facebook.com or you can enter the email account of a friend once they have the app installed and have registered with Juju Play. You will also be able to toggle game settings and push notifications here.
- You can also visit the Trade Nations page at Facebook to find new Neighbors here – Trade Nations Facebook Page or the Juju Play Facebook page here – Juju Play Facebook Page
- Note – You must have an Internet connection to play Trade Nations and the game will continue once you exit out of it.
- The game currently only has 20 levels and this should increase in future game upgrades. Be sure to check frequently for upgrades to Trade Nations.
- There are 2 types of currency in the game:
- Gold Coins – This is the basic game currency that you will earn while collecting taxes and selling good from your Market or to your Neighbors.
- Magic Beans – This is a premium Game Currency which will allow you to purchase special items, collect materials instantly instead of waiting and allowing instant construction on buildings.
- You are given 75 Coins and 1 Magic Bean during the tutorial of level 1. Once you reach level 2 you will earn 10 Magic Beans and each time you level up you will Unlock buildings, increase the number of cottages you can build in your town, earn free magic beans, and unlock items you can sell from your shops.
- You can purchase additional Magic beans starting at 20 for .99 cents up to 3,000 for $99.99 USD. This purchase will be billed to your iTunes account and charged to a major credit card.
- You can also earn free Magic Beans by installing free or paid apps. Tap at the top of the Shop screen to purchase additional magic beans or reach the free offers page.
Purchasing Items from the Trade Nations Shop
- To purchase buildings, structures, decor, or expansions tap on the hammer icon at the bottom right of the game screen which will open the store menu.
- The Shop is divided into 4 Categories found along the left side of the screen.
- The categories are Buildings, Decor, Plants, Towers, and Expansions.
- Tap on the Category you wish to purchase from.
- Note that each item will require a certain number of resources such as wood or stone in addition to coins so be sure you have enough money for these items by looking at the bottom of your game screen.
- You can also use Magic Beans to purchase high end items or privileges to help you power through the game by tapping at the very top of the shop.
- Cottages are critical to your town as each Cottage brings villagers to your town which can be given jobs.
- The small cottage is the first house you can build and you are allowed to build a specific number of cottages per level.
- You can also upgrade cottages for a cost of coins, wood and stone which is listed in the shop.
- Each Cottage once placed will earn you taxes.
- Small Cottages – 5 Coins every 4 hours. – 1 Villager
- Large Cottages – 8 Coins every 9 Hours – 2 Villagers
- To build a Cottage tap on the hammer icon at the bottom right of the game screen.
- Find the small cottage and tap on it. If any of the numbers are red you do not have enough coins to purchase it but you should at the start of the game.
- You will be taken to your village where you can drag the cottage with your fingertip until you find a spot for it.
- Once you know where you want to place your cottage tap on the button with the green check mark to lock in the purchase. The center button will rotate the cottage and the red “X” will cancel the transaction if you change your mind.
- NOTE – Immediately after you purchase one cottage another one appears on the land for purchase. Be sure you hit the red “X” if you do not want to purchase additional cottages as there is no confirm button at this time.
- As soon as the cottage is placed tap on it to see the name of your Villager. A small screen will come up allowing you to give him or her a job.
Upgrading a Cottage
- If you can not build any additional cottages due to your level you can upgrade your Cottage and bring an additional worker to the village.
- You may have to pay Magic Beans for this upgrade depending on what you want.
- If you purchase a larger Cottage you will need to place it on top of a smaller cottage and it will take its place.
- NOTE – You will NOT lose the worker from the smaller Cottage and will actually gain another from this upgrade.
- Place the Cottage over the small ones which will highlight green. Once matched up tap on the green arrow to save the changes.
- You will now also have higher taxes to collect but it will take longer to collect them.
- Each Cottage will earn you taxes at various intervals.
- Small Cottages earn you 5 Coins each every 4 hours and Large Cottages earn you 8 coins every 9 hours.
- To Collect taxes – Once you see a coin icon over a Cottage it is time to collect taxes. Simply tap on the coin and it will add to your currency grand total.
Building Resource Buildings and Stockpiles
- There are several raw materials you will need your workers to gather in order to reinvest into your town, building more structures and earning money by selling them at the town Market.
- Along the bottom of the game screen you will see a list of all possible resources in the game.
- Logs – Loggers cut logs.
- Rocks – Quarrymen produce rocks.
- Lumber – Lumberjacks cut into lumber.
- Stone – Stone Cutters cut Stone.
- Wheat – Farmers cut wheat.
- Fleece – You must have a pen with sheep to gather fleece. You must reach level 10 before you can do this.
- Cloth – Cloth is made from Gathered Fleece by a Tailor.
- Each one of the resources must be made or gathered.
- First you will start with logs and will need to build a Stockpile to place all of the raw materials in.
- The game tutorial will teach you how to place a Stockpile which is done the same as placing any purchased structure from the shop.
- It will take a few minutes to construct and then you will have to place one or more Logging Camps.
- Once you tap on the logging camp in the store you will have to place it over a patch of forest instead of on the cleared land.
- NOTE – Any place you can place this logging camp (or rock quarry or other resource building) will highlight in green to show you potential places to put it.
- Choose one of the green patches and place the logging camp over it. Next tap on the green arrow to lock in the changes.
- Next, go to one of your Cottages and you will need to hire a villager to work cutting the wood and a second one to work as a log hauler.
- Most jobs will require someone to cut and someone to gather and walk the materials to a stockpile.
- You will do this for Rock Quarries, and other raw materials as you advance in the game.
- Be sure to keep an eye on the totals at the bottom of the screen.
- NOTE – Each building you purchase will require a certain number of coins, logs, rocks, etc.
- Some resources you will want to sell at the Market for coins and some you will need to save to build buildings and other structures.
- As stated above in the “Building Cottages” area each cottage you build or upgrade provides you with one or more Villagers that you can put to work in your town.
- Once the Cottage is placed you will see a villager standing next to it whistling. (They always whistle when they have nothing to do or are waiting)
- Tap on the Villager and a menu will appear. Tap on “Give Job”
- Next you will need to tap on the building where you want the villager to work and then tap on the job you want to give him or her.
- Changing Jobs – You CAN change jobs at any time. If you don’t have enough villagers you can take one off of a job and put them on another by tapping on the villager and then “Change Job” and then tapping on the building you want them to work on and then the job you want to place them in.
- TIP – The best job to take someone off of if you are short is gatherer because you can actually gather materials yourself by tapping on them withing the white dotted square platform you see next to the building. This is where they place the materials for the gatherers to pick up.
- A menu will appear showing you how many have been cut and every 30 seconds the worker will gather one item.
- Hurrying – Collections of materials can take a really long time so if you want to hurry the job along you can use your Magic beans to cut or gather 50 items at a time per bean and then simply tap on the total or the white square to collect them yourself.
Selling and Buying Items at the Market
- As items are gathered in your Stockpile you will eventually fill it up and no more work can be done until you either sell off some materials or use them in building a structure or for a Neighbor’s trade request.
- The tutorial will have you build a Market for your Town and at this market you can sell the resources if your Stockpiles max out.
- Tap on the Market and a menu will appear allowing you to either purchase or sell a particular item.
- You may have to wait until you reach a particular level to unlock an item but once it is unlocked you can sell it or buy it.
- If you need wood to build a house instead of waiting for the wood to be gathered you could buy it at the Market but it is bought in bundles so you will have to decide which is the best route to go in order to build the structure.
- Watch the totals at the bottom of the screen to see how many of each resource you have.
Moving Items Around your Village
- If you need to re-arrange your village or just move a building tap on the center button at the bottom right of the game screen.
- This will change the screen so tapping on any building or structure makes it movable.
- You will see green under the item when it can be moved.
- Tap on the item and drag it with your fingertip to its new location. If the bottom turns red you can not place it.
- Once you see green again you can tap the green check mark and lock it into its new location.
- There is no charge to move or rearrange your town.
- NOTE – You can expand your village from the game store if you become short on space. This costs a lot of coins so be sure to save up for it.
Inviting/Adding Neighbors to your Game
- Once you are registered for a Juju Play account (See “Getting Started” above) you can add friends to your game.
- Tap on the level indicator at the bottom left of the game screen. (You should see your user name here)
- This screen shows you your Juju Play account and the setting buttons are along the top of the screen.
- Tap on the icon shown in image above that looks like 2 people which represents adding friends.
- Next you will be taken to a screen where you can enter a friend’s Juju Play user name or email they used to register for it.
- Once you see their name tap on it and you will be taken to their profile page.
- Next you will need to tap on the add friend request icon at the far right and the plus sign you see next to the icon will change to a “-” sign. This means an invitation has been sent for approval.
- Your friend will be sent an invitation and once they accept your request they will appear on your friends list and on your Neighbor map.
- TIP – Be sure to see how to add more Neighbors to your game in the “Getting Started” section above in this guide.
- Accepting Requests sent to you – When you go to the friend area you may see invitations sent to you from other people especially if you have posted your user name in an “Add Me” site.
- You will see the word “Invites” at the upper right of the screen.
- Next to each user name you will see 2 icons one has a “+” sign and one has a “-” sign. To accept a person as your Neighbor tap on the “+” sign icon and to reject tap on the “-” sign icon.
- They will immediately be added to your friend list.
Visiting Your Neighbors
- Once you have a Neighbor a third button will add to the bottom right of your main game screen. This button has 2 faces on it and this is how you reach the Neighbor Menu in the game.
- You will be taken to the Neighbor menu which shows all of your Neighbor’s towns. Simply tap on them to visit.
Trading with Your Neighbors/Initiating Trades and Accepting Trades
- In Trade Nations you can trade goods with your Neighbor and have them gather or construct items for you and you can do the same for them.
- You will both receive a gold and XP bonus for doing trades. IMPORTANT NOTE – You will be able to do trades once you have a Bakery in your town so be sure to build one right away!
- Initiating Trades – Tap on the Neighbor menu at the bottom right of your game screen and once in the Neighbor menu scroll with your finger through your Neighbors until you see one with a “$” sign above their town icon.
- Tap on this icon and once in their town look for the building with the “$” sign over it.
- Tap on the building and a menu will pop up showing you what you can order from their store or farm.
- NOTE – You will have to wait until your Neighbor accepts this request as it will tie up their building until it is complete. They may choose to use magic beans to speed up the order if they wish.
- Once a trade has been initiated or accepted you will see an icon of a handshake over the building involved in the trade.
- TIP – It is a good idea to have more than one type of building such as a bakery or Tailor as this will allow you to make items for yourself and leave a building open for others to initiate trades from.
- Once your item is ready it will appear as an icon over the building and when your neighbor taps on it this item will be immediately delivered and you both will get a reward for the transaction.
- Accepting Trades – If a Neighbor finds you have an empty building they will tap on it and place an order.
- Once you open your game a message will open up notifying you of the order and you can accept or decline it.
- If you accept your building will be tied up for the normal wait time until that product is ready for delivery so be sure you want to do the trade as you can’t cancel it once it begins.
- Once the item is ready an icon will appear over the building. Simply tap on it and it will be delivered and you and your Neighbor will both be rewarded with Gold coins and XP.
- You can also use Magic Beans to speed up this transaction if you choose.
- You have completed the basic game play guide for Trade Nations by Amplified Games Inc. for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!