Lil’ Pirates – Game Introduction
Lil’ Pirates is a simulation game developed by Capcom and IUGO for the iPhone and iPod Touch where you are a pirate out in the open sea. You can battle enemies, bury and dig up treasures and send your crew to complete jobs. Gamezebo’s Lil’ Pirates strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips, tricks, hints and cheats on how to win.
Quick Start Guide
- Lil’ Pirates can be played on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. It is a free application and can be found by clicking on the link at the top of this page or by searching for it in the App store.
- Please note that the game is only supported in English at this time.
- Lil’ Pirates can be played using your Facebook account if you would like to invite Facebook friends to be your Neighbors or crew mates. You must have a current Facebook account to do this and if you do not you can sign up for a free Facebook account here: http://www.facebook.com
- You will first be asked to design your character and give yourself a name. You will be referred to as a Captain and will see “Cap’ N’ “?” as your name while playing.
- Any crew members you add can be added via the computer or you can choose actual Facebook friends. You will be able to change their name and choose their physical appearance by tapping on the dice icon. Once you have the appearance you can tap on “Done” to lock in the changes.
- NOTE – You can change features and clothing in the game at any time for a cost.
- Level Up Treasure Chest Bonus – As you level up in the game you will be allowed to post a treasure chest bonus to your Facebook Profile if you wish or you can choose to share it with your Neighbors directly in the game. When a Neighbor claims this gift, they will choose between 3 different treasure chests. Inside they will find either 400 Silver Coins, 200 Fame Points or 1 Doubloon. When someone sends you this Gift be sure to accept it as it is one of the highest level gift rewards you can earn in the game.
- The Screen shots above are marked above with letters. Below you can read about each element in the screen shot to see what it does when you tap on it.
- A. Quests/Objectives – Tap here to see the game’s current objectives. There are usually short term and long term objectives available to work on .
- B. Game Currency – Here you will see how much of each currency you have. If you tap on these areas you will be taken to the “Doubloon Store” where you can purchase more for higher end items or to complete tasks instantly.
- C. Level/Fame Point Indicators – Here you can see your level and how many Fame points or (FP) you have earned. When the meter fills up with Fame points you have reached the next level. Fame points are awarded for many different activities in the game especially purchases and rewards.
- D. World Map – Tap here and you will be taken to the World Map screen. Each time you level up you unlock another task for your crew members to complete. Once you reach level 7 another section of the map will unlock and again at level 14 and then every 7 levels until you reach the final level. Each new section you unlock will unlock a new ship for you to Battle.
- E. Battle – Tap here to Battle another ship. (See Below for more details.) Each time you unlock another area of the map there will be a new ship for you to battle where you can earn coins and prizes. You will have to pay a small ship repair cost if you battle.
- F. Treasure Island – Tap here to visit Treasure Island where you can bury treasure which will become more valuable the longer you leave it there or your friends may have buried treasure there and you can steal it from them. (See Digging for Hidden Treasure below)
- G. My Ship – Tap this button to take you to your ship where you can collect from your crew members, give them root beers, play a game with them or change their clothes, name, or appearance.
- H. Crew Raft – Here you will see the current crew member that you assign to a task take the raft to that particular area.
- I. Available Tasks – Tap on any of the tasks to assign to one of your crew members. Each task takes a certain amount of time as shown in image above and when completed you will need to go back to the ship to collect it. (See Tasks below) Each map section contains at least 6 or 7 tasks of which one will unlock each time you level up.
- J. Gift Menu – Tap here if you wish to send a free gift to your Neighbors or (League of Captains) and to receive any gifts sent to you. This is where the gifts are stored until you are ready to use them.
- K. Task Menu – Tap on this map to take you back to the current task menu section.
- L. Your Ship – Here you will see a far view of your Ship. Tap twice on the ship with your fingertip to get a close up view and see your crew members to assign tasks. You can also move your ship by dragging it with your fingertip.
- M. Ship Menu – Tap here to expand the ship menu. Here you can purchase any items you need for your ship as well as items for your crew. You can also visit neighbors from this menu.
- This is a close up view of your ship once you tap on the screen seen in the previous image. Now you can tap on crew members to collect rewards from them or if you wish to play a game, give them a root beer, or change their clothing or appearance.
- N. Expanded Ship Menu – Note there are several categories here. Tapping on any one of them will cause another expanded menu to appear vertically. Tap on the items you wish to see and then tap on the items you wish to purchase.
- You can also get to the screen to visit Neighbors from here as well as add additional crew members and change the game’s settings such as music or game effect volumes.
Game Currency/Doubloon Store
- There are two types of currency used in the game. You will begin the game with 100 Silver coins and 5 Gold Doubloons.
- Silver Coins – This is the basic game currency and can be used for most items in the game.
- Gold Doubloons – These are the gold coins and they will purchase higher end items as well as bulk amounts of root beer and the ability to finish some tasks instantly instead of waiting out the allotted times.
- Tap on the Currency Indicator area and you will be taken to the Doubloon Store shown in images above.
- Here you can purchase additional Doubloons using a major credit card registered with the app store through Apple. These items will require you to confirm and you will be billed on your iTunes bill for any items purchased.
- FP – Fame Points – These are earned as rewards in various challenges and objectives and are used to level up once you earn a certain number of them.
- The game has continuous Objectives that you can complete to earn additional coins, Fame Points, Doubloons, Root Beer, and other Treasures once completed.
- Each time an objective is completed you will be notified of your reward and a new quest will immediately appear and you will see a notification at the top left of the screen.
- Tap on the Pirate icon at the upper left of the screen under the currency indicator to show the current Objectives. The number in red indicates how many still need to be completed out of those listed.
- The objectives are broken into 4 categories: Basics, Short term, Long term, and Special.
- You will be asked to do things such as purchase a certain number of a specific type of item or serve a certain number of root beers to your crew.
Adding crew Members
- You will begin the game with 1 crew member that you can choose by tapping on the dice icon until you see one that you like.
- Tap on the Menu button at the bottom right of the screen where you see your ship and it will expand. After this tap on “Crew”
- If you see a number on a red button you may add an additional crew member to your Ship.
- Tap on the button and the menu shown above will appear.
- You can either let the computer choose a crew member for you which you can design or you can choose one from your Facebook friends which will display as the crew member they have designed to represent themselves. Your final option is to make this crew Member a Captain.
- You can choose the Gender of your Crew member as well as typing in a name or letting the computer choose these details by tapping on the dice until you see one you like.
- Tap on “Hire” when finished to lock in the changes and then this crew member will appear on your ship. Once you go back to the task menu you can assign a task to this crew member right away along with any others.
Assigning Tasks to your Crew Members/Collecting Rewards from Crew Members/Serving Root Beers
- Each time you level up you will unlock another task found on the land map.
- To assign a task to a crew member tap on the task which is marked with times. The first one is 15 seconds, and there is another that is 2 minutes, 15 minutes, 2 Hours, etc, up to large amounts of time of over a day.
- There are 5 different types of tasks for your crew members to perform. These include: Fighting, Stealing, Gathering, Helping People, and Protecting People. Tap on the task you want to assign to your crew mate.
- NOTE – Each Crew mate has a favorite type of task he or she likes to perform. If you assign them to a task they prefer you will be given 2 bonus silver coins on top of the normal reward for completing the task.
- You can tell which type of task a crew member likes to perform by the icon shown next to their image on the task map.
- After you tap on the task a task menu appears showing all of your crew members along with an icon showing their favorite type of task. Tap on the crew member and the task will be assigned to them. You will notice the time appears next to the crew member’s image.
- TIP – You can assign the same task to all crew members at the same time.
- NOTE – Once a crew member has completed a task and you have collected from them they will go into what is known as “Downtime” Crew members can not move on to another task until they are brought out of down time by either having you give them a Root Beer to refresh them OR if you play a game against a crew member and win. You will also win 2 free Root Beers if you win a game against a crew member so this is definitely worth your time. (See “Playing Games with Crew Mates” below for more information.)
- NOTE – The crown Icon over a crew mate means the job is complete and the reward is ready to be collected and the Root Beer icon should be tapped on to serve Root Beer to the crew mate to renew them for future tasks. Root beer can be purchased in bundles or won by winning games.
- Each task you assign to a crew mate can be instantly finished for the cost of 1 to 3 Doubloons depending on the task. This will allow you to play through the game much faster if you choose to use this option.
- Collecting Completed Task Awards – Once you complete a task a number will appear next to your game icon on your Device. Push Notifications are not available at this time but may be in future upgrades.
- NOTE – There does not appear to be any expiration dates for tasks. You can collect them when you come back to the game and there is no penalty if you are late. (Note this could change in future game upgrades)
- Go to the close up view of your ship. You will see a crown icon next to any crew member with a completed task that needs to be collected for a reward.
- Tap on the crew member and you will see an “!” symbol over their head until the Captain walks up to them to collect.
- Next you will see a screen notifying you of how much reward was earned.
- You will now see a Mug icon over your crew member. You must give the crew member a Root Beer to refresh them in order to assign them to another task.
- Serving Root Beer to Crew Mate – To serve a root beer tap on the crew member again and you will see 3 icons appear over them. The hat represents changing their clothing. The chess pawn represents playing a game with that crew member and the root beer mug indicates you wish to give them a root beer. Tap on the Root beer and then tap on “Use” or “Purchase” if you do not have enough.
- NOTE – Several objectives will award you with root beers so do not purchase too many in the beginning levels of the game.
- Once the crew member drinks the root beer you can go back to the map screen and assign another task to them.
Purchasing items for your Ship or Crew Mates/Expanding Ship Size
- Purchasing Items for your Ship – As you level up and earn more money you will want to increase your ship’s size and add decorative items to it.
- You will need to shop for items in the “Ship Shop” which can be found by tapping on the “Menu” button at the lower right corner of the screen where your ship is showing.
- Next, tap on “Ship” then another menu will appear which is divided into more categories such as “Size, “Theme”, “Deck”, “Parts”, “Storage”, and “Close”. When you tap on any of these categories the menu expands vertically into more choices. Tap on the category you wish to purchase.
- Once you find the item you wish to purchase tap on it and you will be taken back to the ship where the item is shown and you can use your fingertip to place it.
- There are 3 buttons over the item you wish to purchase. One is a “$”, the second is two arrows indication rotation and the last one is an “X” The “$” indicates you wish to purchase the item and the “X” indicates you wish to cancel the transaction.
- Once you purchase the item will lock into place.
- Items can also be rotated by tapping on them with the menu open and you can sell them or place them into storage.
- NOTE – To find items in storage look for them in the store and you will see a chest and a number indicating those items are in storage. Tap on them and then on “Place”
- Purchasing items for Crew Mates – To purchase clothing items for crew mates instead of tapping on “Ship” tap on “Clothes” then you will see images of all of your crew members. Tap on the crew member you wish to shop for and you will be taken to a menu of items. Tap on the item to see it on your crew member and if you wish to purchase tap on “Buy” and the crew member will be wearing the item. The items they were wearing will be in storage.
- Expanding your Ship Size – To Expand your ship size tap on “Size” and then purchase the next size with either Doubloons or Silver Coins.
- NOTE – You may have to wait for expansions to unlock as you level up.
- TIP – Many expansions are objectives so be sure to keep track of the objectives so you will get the reward for expanding your ship. If you do it too soon you will lose the reward money and experience points.
Digging/Burying and Selling your Treasure
- On the Main Page toward the bottom left you will see an icon that says “Treasures” under it. You may also see a number which indicates how many treasures have been buried.
- Tap on this icon and you will be taken to the Treasure Island where there are 3 “X’s” and several areas to dig and bury treasure.
- The “X’s” indicate treasure that your Neighbors have buried and the wavy sand areas indicate areas where you can bury your own treasure.
- It is important to note that when you bury a treasure you can leave it there and it becomes more valuable.
- If you wait too long one of your neighbors may dig it up and steal it.
- Any treasure can be taken or left in place to become more valuable.
- NOTE – If a Neighbor buries treasure and leaves it long enough it becomes a high quality treasure and will have 4 to 5 stars over it and this will appear as an “X” on your Island.
- NOTE – You will only have 3 “X’s” on Treasure Island per 24 hours so be sure to check it daily.
- When you are burying treasure a menu will come up showing you all the treasure you own. Tap on the one you want to bury.
- You will initially see only 1 star over the mound and the longer you let it sit buried the more stars you will see to a maximum of 4 to 5 stars.
- NOTE – The treasure increases in value in double time increments beginning at 4 hours to a maximum of 24 hours so you can check back at 4, 8, 12, and 24 hours and the treasure will double in value every 4, 8, 12, or 24 hours after burying it.
- The longer you leave a treasure buried the more sparkly stars will appear over it. Be sure to keep track of your treasure and leave it up to 24 hours but any longer you may risk neighbors taking it.
- When you dig up a treasure you have the option to take it, sell it or leave it. You may sell the treasure for Silver or you may save it to bury again and cause it to become even more valuable.
- Treasure List – To see what treasures you have tap on the treasure list at the bottom left side of the game screen.
- Selling your Treasure – Tap on the treasure list at the bottom left of the game screen and you can sell any of your treasure for Silver from this screen.
Ship Battles/Earning Battle Tools
- On the Main Menu where you choose tasks and on each new piece of land you unlock there is an icon of a ship that has the word “Battle” under it.
- On the first game screen this is found at the upper left side. Tap on this ship and you will be given the option to battle another ship.
- A battle is expensive as you must pay the cost of repairing your ship in advance in order to participate in the Battle. This will cost a minimum of 25 coins and may increase as you level up.
- You can Battle one ship every 2 hours as that time is needed for the ship to be repaired and recover.
- Battle – When your crew mates are assigned tasks they will occasionally earn items while doing their jobs and the more of these items you have the more likely you are to win the battle.
- TIP – The larger your ship size and the more cannons you have the more likely you are to win while in battle.
- Hammer – The Hammer helps to repair your ship and give you added health.
- Clouds – The cloud will obscure the view of the other ship making them less likely to hit your ship.
- Cannon Balls – This allows more cannon balls to be shot from the ship all at once but there will be a brief recovery period of no shooting for a few seconds.
- The first captain to deplete the health of the other ship will win the battle. You will be able to tell by looking at the health meters at the top of the screen as shown in the images above.
- If you win the battle you will earn Fame Points, a large amount of Silver and various treasures depending on your level.
- NOTE – An interesting feature to note is that the theme of your enemies ship will unlock for you to purchase in the Ship Shop with silver coins instead of Gold Doubloons if you beat them in battle.
Playing Games with Crew Mates
- TIP – After a crew member finishes a job and you collect from him or her the member goes into what is known as “Downtime” they will stay in downtime until they are either given a Root Beer to refresh them OR if you win a game against them. Winning a game will also win you 2 Free Root Beer to use on your crew so it is definitely worth your time to play the games if you are running low on funds.
- There are a four games you can play with your crew mates:
- In order to get to the games you will need to go to the close up view of your ship and tap on a crew mate until you see the 3 icons above their head and tap on the chess piece which represents games.
- Games will come up according to the placement of the crew member. If a crew member is standing next to the edge of the ship you will be asked to play “Fishin’ for Booty” You will be asked to confirm if you want to play and can tap on “Rules” if you need help.
- TIP – If you don’t like the game tap on “Back” and then on another crew member or tap on the same crew member over again until you get a different game.
- If you win any of the four games below then the downtime that occurs after your crew mate finishes a task will be reversed and he or she can immediately go to another task without you having to give them a Root Beer. You will also win 2 Free Root Beers in addition to removing the down time.
“Fishin’ for Booty”
- Fishin’ for Booty – In this game you will see a number appear over the crew mates head and this is the number of fish you need to tap on before time is up.
- A ring will appear around the crew mate and various images will appear in circles that appear in the circumference of the ring. If a fish appears you will need to tap on it quickly. Anything else which is junk (Wheel,Can, and Boot) you will need to avoid. If you collect the correct number of fish by the time the timer is finished you will win the game.
- Note – The items move very fast and you must make sure you make clear contact between your fingertip and the screen. If you are successful you will see a thumbs up and if not, a thumbs down symbol will appear over the crew mate’s head.
- Reward – If you win the game you will not have to give the crew member a root beer and his down time disappears. You will also be rewarded with 2 free root beers!
“Rock, Paper, Arrr!”
- Rock, Paper, Arrr! – The second game which will be offered if a crew member is toward the center of the ship is “Rock, Paper, Arrr! which is like the classic “Rock, Paper, Scissor” game.
- Tap on the center rules button if you don’t know how to play.
- Basic Rules:
- Rock breaks Scissors
- Scissors Cut Paper
- Paper cover Rock
- Each crew member has a certain “Tell” which will give you a hint as to which item they will choose. If you watch closely you will be able to figure this out. Some members will jump up and down and some will raise their arms. Watch closely as they always have the same patterns when you play.
- Reward – Once you win 3 rounds your crew member’s down time is erased and you will win 2 additional Root Beers!
“Follow Me Lead”
- Follow Me Lead – In this game you will be mimicking the crew mate’s movements.
- There are 5 possible movements the crew mate will perform – Hop, Lift, Spin, Punch and Victory Pose.
- The mate will do a series of movements and you are to tap on the buttons to mimic the order. Each time one more move will be added to the sequence.
- The crew mate will move but the button will also light up corresponding to the movement.
- TIP – It is much easier to look at the white circles than to watch the crew member’s movements.
- NOTE – Each crew member will have their own sequence they always perform so if you are observant you can use this to win games.
- Reward – If you win 2 out of 3 games you will erase your crew mate’s down time and win 2 Root Beers!
“Hold Steady, Matey!”
- Hold Steady, Matey!
- This is a game of balance in which you must balance a sword on your hand longer than the crew mate.
- When the game starts an image appears showing how the sword balances and you will need to tap the buttons to the left and right of it to keep it balanced.
- TIP – Do not touch either button on the side until you see the sword start to move. Tapping the button makes it move quite a bit and seems to make it more difficult. It’s better to just wait until it starts to move on its own.
- The goal is to keep it balanced longer than the crew mate.
- Reward – If you win this game the crew mate’s downtime is canceled and you will earn 2 free Root Beers!
Inviting/Visiting/Promoting Neighbors (aka “League of Captains)
- Neighbors or “League of Captains” are important as you can earn a reward once every 24 hours for visiting them AND the more neighbors you have allows you to purchase larger ship sizes using Silver coins instead of Doubloons!
- You have the option of inviting a Neighbor via Facebook (Your Neighbor List) or finding players at the Lil’ Pirates Facebook page found here: Lil’ Pirates Facebook Page
- You can also invite a friend simply by entering their email address.
- A great place to discuss the game and find people to add to your game is the game developer’s forum which can be found here: Lil’ Pirates Forum at Touch Arcade
- Once you send the invitation your friend will receive a very nice email and they will have to approve the invitation in order to become your neighbor.
- Once you are in the game tap on “Menu” then tap on “Friends”
- If you have a neighbor request pending you will see a number above the “Enlist” button. Tap on it and accept the request.
- NOTE – Also tap on “Enlist” when you want to invite people to become your Neighbors whether via email or Facebook.
- If you choose Facebook (Once you are logged in) you will see a list of your Neighbors. Tap on their names and an invitation will be sent to them for approval.
- Once your invitation is accepted you should see your neighbor’s ship and level number appear in the Neighbor area.
- Tap on a Neighbor until the green arrow appears under it and then tap on “Visit” to visit a Neighbor.
- Promoting Neighbors – You have the option to promote a small number of your Neighbors in the Neighbor area to either “First Mate”, “Quartermaster”, Sailin’ Master”, and “Appraiser”. It seems that promoting a Neighbor gives them an in game advantage of extra fame points or selling treasures found on Treasure Island for more silver than a lower ranking Neighbor. At this time it appears the benefit is just for your Neighbor and it gives you no added benefit to promote them other than being a good neighbor.
- Next you will see some kind of situation appear in which you are asked for help. Tap on “Help” and you will be rewarded with varying amounts of Silver Coins and Fame Points per Neighbor Visit.
- There is no limit to the number of people you can invite to be your neighbor but you can only visit each neighbor once every 24 hours.
Sending/Receiving Free Gifts and Treasure Surplus from Neighbors
- You are allowed to send one free gift to each neighbor once per every 8 hours.
- Tap on the gift icon located at the top mid right of the screen as seen in image above.
- This is the area where any gifts sent to you will be found and kept in inventory until you accept them.
- Receiving Gifts – If any gifts have been sent to you a number will appear on the gift icon as shown in the image above.
- You will be taken to a screen which shows you what gift was sent and who sent it. You will need to tap on the “Take” button to accept the gift.
- Treasure Surplus – Some Neighbors will send you what is known as Treasure Surplus. If you do not click on this fast enough you will see a message stating that the “Surplus has all been looted out and you need to be faster next time!” This is a good reason to check your game frequently.
- Sending Gifts – To send a gift tap on “Send Free Gift” at the bottom of the screen.
- Gifts are sent to all of your Neighbors at once and can be sent once every 8 hours.
- If it is too early to send gifts the game will notify you of how much time you need to wait before you can send more gifts.
- You will be offered the option to send a gift of coins or treasure to all of your friends at once and will be notified if your attempt was successful.
- Be sure to post surplus treasure bonuses on your Facebook page so your Neighbors can claim them.
- Level Up Treasure Chest Bonus – As you level up in the game you will be allowed to post a treasure chest bonus to your Facebook Profile if you wish or you can choose to share it with your Neighbors directly through the game. When someone claims this gift, they will choose between 3 different treasure chests. Inside they will find either 400 Silver Coins, 200 Fame Points or 1 Doubloon. When someone sends you this Gift be sure to accept it as it is one of the highest level gift rewards you can earn in the game.
You have completed the basic game play guide for Lil’ Pirates for IPhone, iPad and the iPod touch by Capcom Interactive Inc. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!