Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water’s Edge – Game Introduction
Welcome the Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water’s Edge walkthrough on Gamezebo. Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water’s Edge is an adventure game played on PC and Mac created by Her Interactive. This walkthrough includes tips and tricks, helpful hints, and a strategy guide to how to complete Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water’s Edge.
This game is largely nonlinear, meaning that you will likely be playing the game in a different order than outlined in the walkthrough. In this walkthrough I have attempted to make it clear which actions are required to trigger the next step in the game.
Furthermore, the walkthrough only mentions the actions required to complete the game. However, there are many more dialogue options than mentioned in the walkthrough. It often pays to go and talk to Miwako, Rentaro, Takae or Yumi whenever you’re in their vicinity, as they may have new information on the quest.
You start the game at Nancy’s desk at home. Basic game controls are explained in the “how to be a detective” book on the left. You can scan your surroundings with your cursor to find interactive places.
- Yellow arrows will allow you to change direction and move to a different area.
- A red hand will appear when you can grab something.
- A red hand with a little bag icon on it will appear when you can put something in your inventory.
- The magnifying glass turns red when you can take a closer look at something.
When you’re done exploring Nancy’s desk and ready to start the game, click on the plane ticket on the right to start the game. Pick junior or senior detective. In junior mode, some of the puzzles are easier and you get a task list (clipboard icon).
Day 1 – Check in and Explore
- A picture will fall from the wall when you check into the ryokan.
- Miwako will give you your room key. Click on it twice to put it into your inventory.
- Go through all the options of talking to Miwako. She will tell you about Suki, her robotic cat and her grandmother’s art classes in room 18. She will end the conversation when you ask about her grandmother.
- To find your room, turn left by putting your cursor at the left edge of the screen until it turns into a circular arrow. Keep turning until you can go through the doors in the left wall.
- When you go through the doors, you will get a call from your friends Bess and George.
- Ignore the corridor on the right for now and go straight on and up the stairs.
- Your room is room #24 – the third room on the right.
- Use your key to get in.
- In the far left corner of your room you will find all kinds of interesting info.
- The red folder contains envelopes, which you will need later, and info on the ryokan. Click on the info sheet. It tells you where the baths are, the front desk opening hours (7 a.m. – 1 a.m.) and the train stops for the Exposition Center (Matsue) and the pachinko parlor (Kure).
- The green box contains all Nancy’s teaching needs. In particular, note the large folder in the back with her students’ homework. Grade the homework by stamping to the left of each answer and then giving a total grade at the top. Check for new homework to grade every day to get a trophy at the end of the game. There are 5 assignments in total.
- Turn around to face the front door. In the cupboard on the right you will find your suitcase. Open it to find your train pass and a dictionary. There is nothing of interest in the cupboard on the left.
- Explore the hallways. There are 4 corridors: two on each side of the entrance hall – one upstairs and one downstairs. The downstairs corridors are connected at the back.
- In the corridor below your room, at the end on the right hand side you will find the baths. The baths are open for men and women on alternating days, indicated by blue or red banners. On the first day it is open for men only, so you can’t get in. But when you try to enter you will meet Rentaro. He says he will be in the garden if you need anything. This needs to be done before you can tick off “explore the hallways”.
- Find Takae in the downstairs corridor in the right wing of the ryokan, in room 18 at the back.
- Your first lesson is in katakana, or Japanese calligraphy. You need to learn to write your name. To do this, pick up the brush in the top right and trace the symbols on the page in numerical order. Make sure not to go outside the lines too much, and to fill up the entire length of the space. When you make a mistake, you will have to start again by picking up a new piece of paper from the stack at the top. Also, fill symbol 14 in one movement: don’t drop your brush or you will have to start again.
- Talk to Takae when you’re done to get more info.
- In the top drawer of the cabinet in the far left corner of the room you will find a guide on Japanese writing – remember this for later – and you can do more calligraphy on your own if you like.
- Leave the room, go right and then left and left again to enter the garden.
- The building in front of this entrance is Rentaro’s shed (it’s in the far right corner of the garden if you come from the entrance hall). Enter it and talk to him.
- He will first tell you about Nonogram puzzles and give you your puzzle book, which you can access through your inventory.
- Complete the first Nonogram puzzle (see puzzle solutions below) and return it to him to be told about Sudoku puzzles.
- Complete the first Sudoku puzzle (see puzzle solutions below) to be told about the third and final puzzle type, the Renogram.
- Each time you complete a puzzle, go back to Rentaro for a new one. On completing a full set off puzzles Rentaro will give you some useful info that may help you with the game. Complete all puzzles to get a trophy at the end of the game.
- To be able to tick off “explore the gardens”, walk up and down the paths on either side of the pond and cross the bridge. Right in front of the door to the hallways is a path going to a stone lantern in the water. In front of the cherry tree (the one with the pink blossoms), you can cross the water on stepping stones. Finally, cross the bridge from Rentaro’s shed and turn right. On the right hand side is a bamboo water feature you can inspect.
- That’s all you can do on day 1.
Day 1 – Night.
- You need to go downstairs again after the front desk has closed and everyone has gone to bed. You can either wander around till 1 a.m. or have a nap and set your alarm.
- To set your alarm, go to your room, click on your phone, click the menu button and then the clock button. Use the arrows to set the alarm for 1 a.m., then hit “set alarm”.
- After your nap, go downstairs to the entrance hall. You can now go behind the front desk to have a better look at Suki.
- Click on the computer. You will need a password. It’s probably hidden somewhere on the desk.
- Click on the brown box in the middle of the desk. Suki gets a bit protective and won’t let you near it. Don’t do this twice or you’ll be kicked out of the game. Not to panic, though, just click “try again” when that happens.
- On the wall behind the desk you will find a security system. Read the instructions on the clipboard to the right of it. You need 5 cards to access it, but one card is missing. Leave it for now.
- Go back to your room and set the alarm for 7 p.m.
- During the night, a ghostly creature appears behind your window. Note: This will happen the first time you set your alarm for 7 p.m. the next day, and not when you wander around until 4 a.m. and Nancy decides to go to bed on her own. In that case, just set your alarm the next night and it will happen then.
- After she’s gone, walk up to the window and open it. The screen rips.
- Step outside. You will then go back in and back to bed.
Day 2 – Yumi, the Cat and the Article
- When you wake up, check the green box again for more homework to grade.
- Leave the room and you will be called by Bess, telling you that she met Miwako’s sister, Yumi, at the expo.
- Go downstairs toward the entrance hall. You will overhear some disgruntled guests leaving the ryokan.
- Go talk to Miwako about the guests and the torn screen in your room.
- Go to the baths and enter.
- Inspect the mirrors and get a ghostly scene.
- Inspect the baskets on the right to find a list of facts about ghosts and hauntings and a pachinko card. Put the pachinko card in your inventory.
- Go through the sliding doors to the left of the mirrors.
- Inspect the wall behind the showers. It is missing a mosaic tile.
- Have a bath if you like. Bathing regularly gives you an award at the end.
- You can’t tick off “explore the baths” on this visit.
- Go back to room 18 for your second lesson with Takae. This time it’s origami. Place the images as below.
- The second drawer in the cabinet on the left now holds a book on origami. Remember this for later.
- Leave the room and go back to Rentaro. Talk to him about whatever you like, and ask him about the portrait from the lobby. You will get a puzzle where you have to untangle some wires. Behind the backing you will find a certificate and an article. Take the article.
- Ask Rentaro about the certificate and the article. He will end the conversation when you ask him about the article.
- Go to Miwako and talk to her. Do not ask her to translate the article as this will end the game. She will get cranky and end the conversation when you ask her about the certificate.
Meet Yumi at the Expo Center
- It’s time to go meet Yumi. Exit the ryokan through the front door.
- Use your dictionary on the Japanese signs to find out that the trains are to the left.
- Go to the trains.
- The Exposition Center is at Matsue station. Find it on the map; it’s on the dark brown line at the bottom of the map. Figure out what route to take to get there. The good news is that you only have to navigate the whole route once after which you will get a fast track. The stations to follow are: Nagori – Otsu – Aomori – Kochi – Tochigi – Seto – Niigata – Fuji – Iga – Matsue.
- At Matsue station, take the flyer from the railing.
- Exit the station to enter the Exposition Center.
- You’ll find Yumi at the bento counter on the right. She will teach you how to make the perfect bento box. Bento puzzles are random, so I can’t give you the solutions here. To complete a bento box, put the figures on the left in their appropriate places in the box. On the right you will get clues in the form of partially filled in shapes.
Tips for filling the bento boxes:
1 – There usually is one shape that can only go in one place. Start with that one.
2 – For each shape, figure out the various locations in which it can go and see if you can rule out any locations through clashing symbols. Start with the larger shapes.
3 – If that doesn’t do it, and you’re still left with more than one position for all shapes, just try to put one of the shapes in a location and see if you can still place the other shapes around it. If not, start again and try a different location.
- After you’ve completed the first box, talk to Yumi again. When you ask her about the ryokan, she will ask you to go get some more bento boxes from her apartment. She will give you the key, her phone number and tell you her apartment is at Kurume station.
- You can ask Yumi to translate the article for you, but she will get angry and end the conversation for now. She will also get cranky if you ask her about her mother.
- Exit the expo center and find Kurume station on the train map. It is near the top, on one of the pink lines. To get there from Matsue go: Matsue – Iga – Kobe – Miyazaki – Urawa – Kurume.
- When you arrive, you will probably get some picture messages on your phone from Yumi. You will get several throughout the game.
- Walk up to the first door on the right and use Yumi’s key.
- The bento boxes are on the kitchen worktop immediately to your left.
- Go further in and inspect the bed. Open and read through the book you find there. Inside is the business card of the book’s writer, Savannah Woodham. Take it.
- Leave the bed and go right. You can inspect the shelf on the wall and the computer desk.
- On the shelf you will find a letter from Yumi’s mother and a frog with some kind of number lock on the bottom.
- On the desk you will find a book on shadow puppets, a DVD drive and a computer screen. Click on the Avatars icon on the computer to find it needs a strange, color-code password.
- Turn around, move to the door and inspect the clothes rack on the left. Underneath the dresses you will find a sewing kit (translate with your dictionary) and a DVD. Pick up the DVD.
- Go back to the desk and put the DVD in the DVD drive. Watch the video and take back the DVD.
- Now go back to the Expo Center at Matsue station and talk to Yumi again.
- Ask her about her clothes and she will give you the color password to her computer so you can go and design your own outfits. But not before you’ve made another bento box for her, of course.
- Go back to Yumi’s apartment and click on the avatars link on her computer. Select the correct shape on the right and place it according to the image below.
- On the computer you can play around making some nice avatars. Find your own phone number on your phone and enter it on the right to send the avatars to your phone. You can give each of your contacts in your phone their own avatar.
- Go back to the ryokan. At this point for me, another strange thing happened when I went back up to the room – the doors started slamming and the number on the room door was changed.
At this point, you will be able to complete the article and cat quests. Full instructions for those quests below:
Find a Way to Tame Miwako’s Cat
- When you’ve had a look at the cat during the night, either call Bess in the morning to ask about the cats, or you can ask when they call you.
- A little while later, George will call you with info about the cat. Try calling her yourself to ask if this doesn’t happen.
- The guy who sells the cats will tell you the commands to tame it when you solve a monster Sudoku.
- The Sudoku will be at the desk for you after some time has passed. So go do something else first. Miwako will actually tell you there’s a delivery for you as soon as you come back in after a trip elsewhere.
- Complete the Sudoku as below. Note that puzzles for Junior and Senior levels are different.
Junior Master Sudoku
Senior Master Sudoku
- Go to your room and put the completed Sudoku in an envelope from the red folder.
- Drop the envelope with Miwako at the front desk.
- Go back to your room and call Bess to ask about the code to tame the cat.
Find a Way to Get the Article Translated
- Rentaro, Yumi and Takae all get angry when you show them the article. Miwako even gets so angry she kicks you out of the game entirely. So you need to find another way to have it translated.
- When you’re at Yumi’s apartment, pick up the book on the bed and take out the business card.
- Call Savannah. You will get her rather cranky assistant, Logan. He hangs up on you. If you call him again, he will hang up on you again.
- Call Bess and George and tell them about the book. They promise they will try and distract Logan at the Expo.
- Go do some other stuff for a while, and Bess and George will call you to say they distracted Logan some time later.
- Call Savannah again. Talk to her, going through all the options. She will tell you to leave the article at the front desk and Logan will come and pick it up. This option only appears after you’ve asked at least two other people to translate the article for you.
- Go to your room and put the article in one of the envelopes in the red folder.
- Drop it off with Miwako at the front desk.
- Go do something else for a little while and you will receive a message with the translated article.
- If you talk to Miwako again about the contents of the article, she will get angry and cut you off.
Day 2 – Night
- Set the alarm for 1 a.m. and go back to the front desk.
- Go behind the desk and interact with Suki.
- If you’ve asked Bess for more commands to use on the cat, try them all to get an award at the end.
- Use the Mate command to calm Suki down.
- Now click on the box in the middle of the desk. It has a complex way of opening it. Instructions can be found on the flyer you picked up at the train station. To open, select one or more of the panels so they’re outlined in blue. When you’ve selected the correct group of panels, yellow arrows will appear, indicating in which directions you can move those panels. Each time you’ve completed a move correctly, a wooden tile will pop up at the top of the box. Note that in Senior level there are two extra moves.
1 – Move all panels down
2 – Move middle panel left
3 – Move all panels up
4 – Move bottom panel right
5 – Move middle panel left
6 – Move top right panel right
Senior level only
7 – Move top left panel left
8 – Move middle panel right
- Inside is a mosaic tile, an envelope with Japanese letters on it that translate as “password” with your dictionary and a letter.
- You need to find a way to open the envelope without ripping it. Instructions for this can be found under “Day 4 – Night”, below.
- If you’re still on the night of day 2, you can go back to the baths and put the tile on the wall behind the shower. If not, go back at any time the baths are open to women.
- Place the mosaic as in the image below.
- Look through the peep hole and watch Miwako and Rentaro have an argument (this even works when they’re supposed to have gone to bed).
- You can now check off “explore the baths”.
- You’re done for day 2, so go back to your room and set the alarm for 7 a.m.
Day 3 – Complete the Book Quest
- Get up and grade your papers.
- Go downstairs to room 18 for your next lesson with Takae. This time it’s the tea ceremony. Once Takae has stopped talking, give all the items their correct labels.
- Once done, you will be able to open the main compartment of the cabinet to find Takae’s tea service.
- Go talk to Rentaro and ask him about his relationship with Miwako. If you’ve seen them through the peep hole in the baths, he will ask you to help him get a present for her: a collar for Suki from the pachinko parlor.
You can now make some headway with the Book quest. Full details below. If George doesn’t call you about the book by the end of the day, set your alarm for 7 p.m. the next day.
Find a Complete Copy of Savannah’s Book
- When Bess and George have distracted Logan at the Expo Center, call Savannah and ask her about her book. She is out of copies herself.
- A little while later Logan will call you to “knock it off”. Ask him about the book. He doesn’t have one either.
- A little after you’ve completed the “translate the article” quest, call Savannah again and talk to Logan, who will apologize for his previous rudeness and ask you to help him ask your friend Bess on a date.
- Take this opportunity to ask him for a copy of the book.
- Call him again straight away and ask about the book again. He asks you to help him buy the perfect outfit for Bess.
- Go to Yumi’s apartment, log on to the computer, select an outfit and send it to Savannah’s number – 404 555 4478. If you send more outfits to various people, you will get an award at the end of the game.
- Call Logan again and he says he will give the book to Bess.
- George will call you later (this might be on the next day) that they have the book.
- A little while later, the book will be delivered to the front desk.
Day 4 – Pachinko and EVP
- Go to the pachinko parlor at Kure station. From the ryokan it’s: Misawa – Nagoya – Otsu – Aomori – Ube – Sakai – Kure.
- At the pachinko parlor first check out the rewards machine straight ahead. Nancy will say she is interested in the comic book. You need 1339 points to get the book.
- There is also a collar for Suki, which requires 2100 points.
- You can play as much as you like to get as many rewards as possible. Get all the rewards and you will get an award at the end of the game. For now, just make sure you get the collar and the comic book.
- You can find the pachinko machines on the left side of the parlor. Out of the three machines, the one on the right gives the best odds, so choose that one.
- To play, insert the pachinko card you found in the baskets in the baths in the slot. You will get 50 balls that you need to try and shoot into the middle hole, which is outlined by a white flower. To shoot a ball, click on the orange knob on the right and hold it until it’s charged to the level you want. I got the best results by charging it up to somewhere between the second and third white mark. You can shoot balls in quick succession.
- Keep playing to get the number of points you need. When you run out of balls, exit the machine to collect your points, then go back in to play again if you need more.
- To claim your reward, go to the rewards machine and open the drawer on the right. Get the bag of balls from your inventory and put it in the drawer. Close the drawer and then open the compartment with the reward of your choice.
Back at the Ryokan
- Go back to the ryokan and give the collar to Rentaro. He will leave to give it to Miwako.
- When he’s gone, go further into the shed and pick up the card with the star on it from his desk.
- If you’ve completed the book quest and read the book, you can call Savannah and ask her more questions about her investigations. Ask her about EVP and what room she stayed in at the ryokan.
- If you’ve won the comic book at the pachinko parlor and have gotten the full copy of Savannah’s book, read both books completely. Note that the comic book has three pages, even though the first time you open it Nancy will talk to you after only two pages. You need to have opened all pages to be able to proceed.
- Go to Rentaro to ask him about EVP. If you’ve just made him leave by giving him the collar for Suki, go away for a little while and then come back to the shed. He will only return once you’ve taken the star card off his desk. When you ask him about EVP, he will give you an EVP recorder.
- To use the recorder, take it out of your inventory, select a channel to record on and click the record button at the top. You can also clear channels where nothing registered.
- Go to the places mentioned in Savannah’s book and record the ambient sounds. The places are: behind the white blossomed cherry tree, the fireplace in the entrance hall, the mirror in the baths, by the showers, and in both upstairs corridors, sort of halfway down. The essential one to move on with the game is behind the cherry tree. However, if you’ve recorded something at all locations and listened to all your recordings you will get a reward at the end.
Behind the Cherry Tree
- When you have nothing else you want to do today, go back to your room.
- Someone will have left wet footsteps on your floor.
- After the footprints appeared, call Savannah again.
- Then set your alarm for 1 a.m. You have a big night ahead of you, so don’t set your alarm for just after 1 a.m. – you’ll need all the time you can get if you want to complete everything in one night.
Day 4 – Night. The Envelope, the Computer and the Security System
There is a lot to do this night. You will be able to open the envelope, access the security system behind the front desk, access the computer behind the front desk, and find more clues to solve the mystery.
The Stone Tablet under the Bridge
- Go back to Rentaro’s shed and put the recorder on the speakers on the right.
- Play all channels you recorded. You will hear Yumi and Miwako fighting on the channel you used behind the cherry tree. You hear the sound of something being thrown in the pond.
- Leave the shed, cross the bridge and turn right. You can now go into the water just beside the bridge.
- Go further into the water and search around for a spot where the magnifying glass turns red. Click there to pick up the key for room 18.
- When you have the key, Nancy will notice a tablet on the under side of the bridge that is missing four rocks that need to be inserted into it.
- Leave the water and look for the rocks in the garden:
One is by the stone bench beside the door to the hallway.
One is by the stone lantern in the water.
One is just past the cherry tree.
One is by the lamp outside Rentaro’s shed.
- When you have them all, go into the entrance hall and check out the book on the table to the left of the front doors – straight across from the front desk. It explains what each stone means.
- Go back to the tablet under the bridge and place the rocks as below.
- Take the paper from the drawer that opens. Note: the drawer will only open if you’ve looked at the book.
Room 18 – Open the Envelope
- Go to room 18 and enter with the key from the pond.
- On the floor, right behind where Takae usually sits, you will find a red key card.
- Get the tea pot from the cabinet.
- In the second drawer, look at the instructions for folding paper. Fold the paper from the pond as follows:
1 – Mountain Fold
2 – Fold to Front
3 – Fold to Front
4 – Fold Unfold
5 – Fold to back
6 – Push, Invert
- If you’ve made a mistake you won’t get any options for the next fold. In that case, just select “start over”.
- Go to the fire place in the entrance hall.
- Put the tea pot on the hook by the fire and wait until it boils.
- Place the envelope from the box behind the desk in the steam as in the image below.
- Read the password inside. It says Takakawa.
Access the Computer
- Go back to Room 18 and check the calligraphy book in the top drawer. Note the symbols for Ta, Ka and Wa in the Hiragana language.
- Go to the computer behind the front desk.
- Enter the symbols you wrote down as the password: Ta – Ka – Ka – Wa. Note: Make sure to hit the Ka symbol twice! Then hit enter.
- Check both pages of room records.
- Use the Mate command on Suki again and access the wooden box again to put the password back. You will now find an Easter egg.
- With the red card from room 18, you can now solve the security code on the wall behind the desk.
- Place the cards in the slots one by one and rotate them until they cover the right colored area.
- Each slot represents a layer. From left to right they are bottom layer to top layer. A card placed in a higher layer will cover any cells it shares with the previous layer. Play around with the right order of colors until the squares all light up in the correct color.
- A compartment will open. Enter the compartment and take the skeleton key.
- Go back to Rentaro’s shed and take the screwdriver from beside the speakers. The screwdriver will only be there after you’ve folded the paper from the stone tablet.
- Go to the bamboo water feature beside the bridge.
- Open it with the screwdriver and take out the paper hidden inside.
- That’s all you can do tonight. You must be exhausted. Go to bed and set the alarm for 7 p.m.
Day 5 – The Hidden Passage
- Call Savannah to ask her more about the room she was staying in.
- Go to the corridor above room 18 and open room 39 at the end with the skeleton key.
- Turn to the left wall and open the door between the rooms with the card with the star symbol on it, similar to the star symbol on the door handle.
- Go in and to the next door etc. until you’re in room 33, where you get a cut scene.
- Go to the balcony doors and click on the colored handle.
- Solve the puzzle by filling in the colors. The circle is made up of six segments that should be identical. This is a timed puzzle so you have to be quick!
- Once the door is unlocked, open it and move to the balcony.
- Go back to room 39 and make your way back to room 33.
- Check out the picture of the bird on the left wall. Click on it to open the hidden passage. Note that you can only do this once Savannah has told you about the carved wooden bird in her room.
- Go in and make your way downstairs.
The Nonogram in the Hidden Bathroom
- Investigate the hidden bathroom. There is a murky pool that Nancy really doesn’t want to enter. To the right of the door where you came in is a table with a warning note. To the left of the door is a tablet with a large Nonogram puzzle. The numbers you found in the bamboo water feature will automatically be entered. You need to find the other half.
- Go back to the pachinko parlor at Kure station.
- On the right wall of the parlor is a photo booth.
- Click on “insert phone here” to enter your phone.
- Then click on “print photo”.
- Do this for all the photos that Yumi sent you. You should have 7, plus a blurry black and white one. If you don’t have all 7, she will send them to you soon, so go play some more pachinko or something.
- Print out the black and white picture to get another Easter egg.
- Select one of the pictures in your inventory and you will be shown all of them on a grid. If you look carefully, you see Japanese symbols on the edges. Place the pictures on the grid until the symbols are all complete.
- Go back to the Expo Center and talk to Yumi.
- She will make you do another bento box, and then she’ll tell you you’ve missed the last train and you need to stay at her apartment.
- Go to the computer table and check out the shelf with the frogs.
- Select the frog on the right to get to the number lock.
- Enter the symbols from the pictures on the lock. Note that this only works if you’ve spoken to Yumi and she’s made you stay at her place.
- Inside the frog is a piece of paper with the second set of numbers for the Nonogram puzzle in the hidden baths.
- Set the alarm for 7 p.m.
- During the night, the window starts to rattle. Open it to get another warning message.
Day 6 – Solve the Mystery
- The next day, check for more homework to grade.
- Go back to room 39 and make your way back to room 33.
- Enter the hidden passage to the bathrooms.
- Access and solve the Nonogram. They’re different for Junior and Senior levels.
- Access the hidden compartment and take out the letter and the knife.
- Now brace yourself as you’re in for a bit of a fright! Exit the compartment.
- Quickly get the knife from your inventory and cut the rope net in half by cutting through the ropes as in the image. The small red knife icon will change into a larger knife at the points where you can cut. You only have limited time to do this, so hurry!
- Inspect the robotic ghost on the floor.
- Leave the baths and go and talk to Takae about Kasumi.
- Then go to Rentaro’s shed. He’s not there, so go in.
- Take the second recorder from the speakers.
- There’s a note on his desk. Translate it to find that he has a work order for room 33 that needs to be finished today.
- Take the door-o-matic from the desk.
- Go back to room 33. This time you can go through the door and won’t need to go through room 39.
- Save the game here if you want to be able to see both endings.
- Talk to Rentaro.
- After the cut scene, use the door-o-matic on the door so he can’t get out.
- When your things drop to the floor, pick up the second recorder and select a channel.
Junior 2 / Senior 1
Junior 4 / Senior 2
Junior 5 / Senior 3
Junior 6 / Senior 4
Junior 8 / Senior 6
Sudoku puzzles are the same for Junior and Senior levels.
Renogram puzzles are the same for Junior and Senior levels.