Cut the Rope – Game Introduction
Cut the Rope is the latest puzzle game from Chillingo that can be played on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. A mysterious box arrives at your door with an adorable monster inside known as an Om Nom. Om Nom wants nothing else but to eat yummy candy! Help the Om Nom eat the yummy candy by strategically cutting the rope and using the different devices provided to you to solve the puzzle allowing the candy to land right in the Om Nom’s mouth. Earn points for collecting stars and solving puzzles quickly which will unlock more boxes with additional levels to play. Gamezebo’s strategy guide will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats on how to win this very challenging and addictive puzzle game.
Quick Start Guide
- To Play Cut the Rope you will need to purchase it for 99 cents plus tax at the iTunes app store.
- Click on the link at the top of this page to purchase and download the game.
- Once you have installed the game you will notice that you have the option to sign up for a Crystal account.
- If you choose to sign up for the Crystal account you can participate in score leader board, win awards, publish your accomplishments on Facebook and Twitter, search for friend that play the game in your contact list, and send Challenges to your friends.
- Tap on “Enable Crystal” to sign up.
- You will need to enter your user name, password and email address to register. You will be sent an email to verify you account and once you click on the link provided you are ready to begin playing the game.
- There are 4 boxes each representing the next difficulty level of the game.
- You start out with the Om Nom delivered to your front door in a Cardboard box. Once you earn at least 30 stars (You can earn 3 stars for each turn maximum and there are 25 levels to earn a max of 75 stars.
- Once you earn at least 30 stars you will unlock the second box which is the Fabric Box, 80 stars from the Fabric box will unlock the Foil box, and 190 stars will unlock the Gift Box.
- More boxes are expected to be added to the game soon so watch for updates.
How to Play/Game Play Tips
- The object of the game is to have the candy attached to one or more pieces of string swing and hit 1 to 3 stars on the screen and then feed it to the Om Nom waiting somewhere on the screen by tossing it into his mouth.
- NOTE - As long as you at least capture 1 star and the Om Nom eat the candy you will pass the level and unlock the next one but it is best to keep at the puzzle until you can catch all 3 stars and then feed the Om Nom resulting in more points and more stars overall to unlock the next box of 25 levels. If you get frustrated you can move ahead and go back to a puzzle later to earn any additional stars you may have missed.
- Cutting the String - You use your finger to cut across the string and you will need to figure out the best way to solve the puzzle earning the most stars possible.
- If you find a level too difficult you can catch as many stars as possible, feed the Om Nom and then come back to it later to try again.
- There is no penalty if you lose. You can immediately start over if you mess up. Also, if you get all 3 stars you can hit replay and play again to try for a higher score
- If you make a move that ensures you can’t win just cut the candy free and the game will immediately set up at the beginning for you again.
- As you progress in the game different obstacles will appear.
- You can also tap on the curved arrow at the top right of the screen to reset it if you reach a point you know you must start over again.
- Candy – This is the round piece of candy attached to one or more ropes which you need to feed to the Om Nom. You will see at least one in each level.
- Bubbles - Candy that moves into bubbles will float upward. You can tap on them to pop the bubble which does not break the string.
- Stretched Ropes – Stretched Ropes are red in color.
- Blue dotted Circles - When a rope with candy hits the blue dotted circle it will turn into a rope which will hold your candy.
- Blue Dotted Circles with Slider Buttons - These have slider bars that will move the dotted blue circles to another location. Many times it is best to move these before you do anything else in a level. You will see some levels with one slider and some with several in a screen.
- Spikes - Candy should never touch spikes as it will shatter candy on contact. Some spikes are stationary in horizontal and vertical positions and some move up and down which means you will have to time out your moves to avoid them.
- Cutting Ropes - You can cut several ropes at the same time by slicing your finger across several at once.
- Multi Touch - This means you can use finger from both hands to cut through ropes on opposite sides at the same time. It’s tricky but once you get used to it you will find it very helpful.
- Spiders - Once a spider has a hold of the rope along with your candy he will race to it. Be sure to Cut the Rope to get the candy away from a spider. If the spider gets there first you will lose the candy.
- Speed – Sometimes the only way to solve a puzzle is to move very fast slicing one rope then another before it swings in another direction. Try to think out where the candy needs to end up. (Om Nom’s Mouth)
- Air cushions - Once you reach box number 2 the Fabric Box you will be introduced to Air Cushions. Tap on these in fast succession to blow the candy in the direction you want it to go to hopefully hit a star or two.
- Electric Sparks - Once you reach the Foil level you will eventually see electric sparks. Be sure to not let the candy or rope touch the electric sparks. Note that the sparks sometimes turn on and off and you will have to time your movements in order to avoid touching the sparks.
- Rotate the Wheel - Once you reach the Gift Box level you will be able to use your finger to spin a wheel that will raise and lower the rope for you. Be sure to move your finger tip in a clockwise or counterclockwise motion over the wheel to turn it.
- Timed Star Levels - Note that some levels that seem easier than previous levels may be one of the timed star levels. Some levels must be completed very quickly or the stars will disappear.
- If you fail a level of the game the level immediately starts the level over for you.
- If you wish to start a level over before you solve it tap on the curved arrow at the top left of the screen, hit menu to exit, or simply Cut the Rope and let the candy fall off the screen for an automatic start over screen.
- Any screen can be replayed to try for a better score once completed.
Puzzle Examples, Information and Solutions
- A few puzzles and their solutions are listed here to show you how to play the game.
- There is one piece of candy that you will need to feed to the Om Nom. If you are able to catch the 3 stars on the screen before he eats the candy you will earn a point bonus and if you do it fast you will earn a time bonus.
- Once the Om Nom eats the candy you can progress to the next level even if no stars are collected.
- Once you earn a certain number of stars you will unlock the next box of levels which are Cardboard, Fabric, Foil, and Gift Box. (More will be added in future game upgrades so check frequently.)
- Anytime a new feature is added to the game there will be a brief text tutorial on the screen but note that it will disappear after a few moments. If you didn’t read it in time exit out of the level and back into it and you should be able to read it again.
- Note the examples below
- The actions are listed in the images below with numbers and explained in detail.
- As you advance in levels they become increasingly difficult with different obstacles.
- You can replay any level at any time to obtain a higher score and try for more stars.
- Once you unlock a level and complete it the next level will unlock and once you have obtained the required number of stars you will unlock the next box of levels. Each box contains 25 Levels and each box unlocks additional devices to help you solve puzzles which are listed above.
- Solution for Level 3-10
- 1. Slide the top slide bar toward the right until it is positioned in the center as shown in image above.
- 2. Pull down the bottom slider just a tiny amount as shown in image above.
- 3. Slide your finger to Cut the Rope on the underside (Bottom) of Candy and it will fling up onto the dotted circle and another rope will be formed.
- 4. Slide the top slider to the right to allow the candy to hit the 3 Stars.
- 5. Once all stars are collected slide the top slider to the left until the Om Nom eats the candy.
- Solution for Level 3 – 13
- 1. Slide the slide bar down until the candy enters the balloon.
- 2. Immediately start to tap on the air cushion to blow it toward the stars above
- 3. Immediately after you hit the air cushion slide the bar back up and guide it back to the top avoiding all the spikes.
- 4. Guide the candy into the Om Nom’s Mouth.
- As you play the game you will earn various medals for achievements which can be found by tapping on the bottom of the Main Menu screen where it says “Crystal”
- This will open another screen which has a menu along the bottom shown in the image above.
- From left to right these options are:
- A. My Profile/Game Stats - From here you can see your Crystal profile and change settings to your account or log out. This screen also shows how much of the game you have completed as a percentage and lists your friends as well as recommends other games for you to try.
- B. Medals - This is what you will need to tap on to see which achievements you have earned and what you need to do to earn others. For example if you collect 50 stars total in the game you will earn the “Bronze Scissors” Medal. You will also see the percentage of the game you have completed at the top of the screen on this menu.
- C. Leader boards - Here you can see the leader boards for each type of level box. Tap on the arrow and you will be taken to a screen that allows you to see local, global, and National scores of other players and find out where you rank among them.
- D. Challenges - This is the game’s challenges area but at this time when you tap on it you will see a message that states “This game has no challenges” It is possible these will be added in future upgrades so be sure to check this occasionally.
- Once you complete an achievement you will see a check mark next to it instead of an “X”
- You have completed the basic game play guide for Cut the Rope for iPhone, iPad and the iPod touch. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!