Green Farm: Game Introduction
Green Farm is a Farm simulation game developed GameLoft and played on Facebook where you can make an Amazing Farm that focuses on running a “Green” farm meaning it mostly uses methods that are optimal for the Environment such as composting, growing organic fruits and vegetables, reusing the seeds from your harvested crops, and using devices such as Windmills and solar panels. Not only is this game fun, it’s educational as well! Gamezebo’s Green Farm strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats on how to do your best at Green Farm.
Quick Start Guide
- You must have a Facebook account to play Green Farm. If you do not have one you can register for one here – //www.facebook.com
- If you would like to visit the Fan Page for Green Farm at Facebook you can find it here – //www.facebook.com/greenfarm?v=wall
- If you already have a Facebook account click on the “Play Now” link at the top of this page.
- As the game begins you will be asked to bookmark it, and give permissions to have information posted on your Facebook page and emails sent to you with notifications and updates.
- Next you will be asked to design your game avatar. NOTE – it is important that you choose the avatar you want carefully as this first time it is free. If you wish to change it again in the future it will cost you money and is very expensive.
- Follow the brief tutorial which takes 8 steps to complete. You will learn the basics of how to harvest, plow the land, purchase items, plant seeds, and sell animals back to the store.
- To navigate around the screen hold your left mouse button down and drag the screen. There is a full screen mode button at the bottom of the screen along with controls to zoom in and out of the scene.
- The menu at the bottom left of the screen will raise up when you place your mouse over it allowing for more options.
- A. Level/XP Indicator – This indicates your current level and how many XP you have earned. If you place your cursor over this area it will tell you how many more XP you need reach the next level.
- B. Farm Name – Here you can see your Farm’s name and if you click on the bottom right corner you can change the name.
- C. Currency Indicators – Here you can see how many GL Coins and Cash you have on hand to spend. If you would like to purchase more click on the button at the lower right corner of the indicator.
- D. Audio Game Controls – Click on the button and it will expand as shown in image above. Here you can toggle the game sounds and music on and off as well as adjust the volume.
- E. Visit/Add Neighbor Sign – If you do not have a neighbor in this area clicking on this allows you to invite a Facebook friend. If you have neighbors that Facebook profile image is showing here you can click on it to visit this particular friend. If you zoom out of the scene you will see that these signs surround your Farm.
- F. Daily Free Gifts – Click here or at the Gift Icon at the bottom center menu to send a free daily gift to your Neighbors. The button at the bottom lets you access gifts you have accepted already.
- G. Multi Tool – Click here to expand the menu for any Farm Machinery you have purchased for the game.
- H. Plowing Tool – Click here to expand the menu for plowing tools and shovel to plant new items and start new plots.
- I. Market – Click here to purchase anything you need in the game such as animals, seeds, fertilizer, decor and more.
- J. Storage Chest – Click here to expand the menu for storing items such as wardrobe for your avatar or items you wish to hold on to but not sell.
- K. Daily Lottery – Click here to play the Daily Lottery. (See details for Lottery in the Tips Section to the right of this guide.)
- L. Gift Menu – Click here to access the gifts you have accepted and click on them to choose to store, sell or gift the item to a friend. You can also send friends messages from this area and take snapshots for your Facebook Photo Album.
- M. Neighbor Menu – This is where you will see your Facebook Friends that have accepted your friend request or you have accepted theirs. Click on their profile pic to visit a neighbor to earn extra coins and XP once per 24 hours. (See “Visiting Neighbors” below.)
- N. Video Game Controls – Click here to zoom in and out of the scene and place the game in full screen mode. Note you can not do any kind of activity with text in full screen mode such as sending messages, sending text on a snapshot, or chatting.
- NOTE – A few aspects of the game are listed here to get you started. Be sure to play the game as there are many other features that are a lot of fun such as machines to help you with your farms and even Robots that can feed your animals for you!
- There are two types of currency in Green Farm.
- GL Coins – (GameLoft Coins) These are the primary currency of the game and you are given 500 GL coins when you begin the game.
- GL Cash – (GameLoft Cash) This is a secondary currency used to purchase higher end virtual items in the game. You are not given any when the game begins but you will be given at least 1 GL Cash each time you level up in the game.
- You can purchase Coins or Cash using Facebook Credits.
- To purchase additional currency click on the button on the lower right corner of the Currency indicators.
- You will be taken to a menu where you can choose different amounts of coins to purchase beginning from 1.00 USD for 4 GL Cash and 5.00 USD for 11,250 GL Coins to a maximum of 40.00 USD for 240 GL Cash or 11,600 GL Coins.
Best ways to make Money in Green Farm
- The best ways to earn money and XP in Green Farm are:
- Harvest Crops which sell back for coins and XP
- Grow Super plants and Perfect Plants with Fertilizer which gives higher profits.
- Sell full grown animals. The higher the animal’s level the more money you make. You can feed an animal 10 times and then it will be full grown for maximum profits.
- Sell gifted items you already own for extra cash.
- Place several fruit trees on your farm and sell the fruit they produce. This can make you a lot of money and XP but takes a while.
- Place buildings on your Farm that produce goods you can sell such as the Apple Press which makes Apple Juice you can sell.
Planting Crops/Using Fertilizer/Perfect Plants
- To plant a crop click on the plow tool as shown in first image above.
- You will see a green square anywhere a plot of land can be placed.
- Click on the land and 10 Coins will be deducted for each plot.
- If the plot is already in place click on it to plow the dirt before you plant.
- Click on the Market button then choose a crop. Note the different costs and times until they are ready to harvest.
- Place your cursor over the plot at any time to see how much time is left before you can harvest the crop.
- If you purchase Fertilizer from the Market and place it on your crops before they are mature you will earn you double the coins and XP than it usually does when the plants are harvested.
- Fertilizer will also double the amount of time it takes for a crop to wither so if you or a neighbor fertilizes your plants it will buy you extra time to harvest them.
- Also using fertilizer increases the odds you will produce a perfect plant which is shown with butterflies all around it when it is mature. Fertilizer makes it ten times more likely you will grow a perfect plant.
- When you collect 3 perfect plants you earn a ribbon which is shown in the Market under the description of the item.
- Once you have 3 Ribbons you will earn a special coin and XP bonus.
- TIP – If you purchase a crop that takes at least a day or more to mature (and fertilize it) you are much more likely to get a Perfect plant. Plants that grow in an hour or under a day rarely produce perfect plants.
Raising, Feeding, Boarding, and Petting Animals
- Animals can be purchased in the Market, gifted to you by Neighbors or you could win one in the daily lottery.
- There are two types of animals available. Farm animals and pets.
- Farm animals can be kept in special buildings such as a chicken coup, barn, etc.
- Pets can have special functions. Cats scare away rodents and dogs scare foxes and raccoons away.
- Animals need to be petted, fed and some need shelter.
- To feed or pet an animal click on it and a circular menu will appear with the options around it. Click on the food item to feed it, the heart to pet it. If you can afford a building to place the animal in once you have several animals you might get a baby animal.
- NOTE – If 3 of your Neighbors pet your animal in a 24 hour period you will be rewarded with a free bag of fertilizer when you give them their next feeding
- You only appear to get baby animals if you have a housing structure for that particular breed of animal.
- In the Market you can purchase the Barn first which holds up to 9 animals and you must reach level 5 to purchase a chicken coup. Each building has specific requirements such you must reach a certain level and some require a certain amount of neighbors before you can purchase them.
- If you keep animals in a building predators can not get to them.
- NOTE – Animals will move around the farm unless you click on the “Stay” setting to keep them in one place.
Visiting and Chatting with your Facebook Neighbors
- Green Farm has some unique features when visiting your Neighbors so be sure to send out invitations and get as many as you can.
- Some items require a certain number of neighbors before you can purchase them so be sure to check.
- Your Neighbor Menu is located along the bottom of the game screen. To visit a Neighbor simply click on their Profile picture and you will be taken there.