Pocket Frogs – Game Introduction
Pocket Frogs is a simulation game developed by Nimblebit Games where you can discover, breed, collect, and trade over 10,000 unique frog species on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad device. You can customize and decorate your frog Habitats and bring your Frogs to the pond where they can grow to adulthood and meet and breed with other frogs and you can find unique gifts in the pond to add to your collection. As part of the Plus+ family you can view your friend’s Frog Habitats and you can send each other gifts and money. Gamezebo’s Pocket Frogs strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats on how to win.
Quick Start Guide
- Pocket Frogs can be found by clicking on the link at the top of this page. It is a free application and can be played on the iPhone, iPod Touch and the iPad.
- If you already have a Plus+ account you can sign in using your account user name and password.
- If you do not have a Plus+ account you will need one and it takes just a few moments to sign up for the free account. You can meet a lot of friends to play with and the Plus+ networks you to several very popular games on the iOS devices.
- You can also search for friends from your iPhone contact list, Facebook account, Yahoo and Google.
- When the game begins for the first time you will be awarded with a free frog which if you accept will go into your Mailbox. It will have to mature over time and once it is you can place it into one of your habitats.
- NOTE – You will level up by earning XP (Experience Points) by completing Awards and breeding frogs. Each time you level up you will win coins and prizes.
- You will be able to purchase additional habitats from levels 2 to 7.
- Once you are at level 8 and above you will be able to discover “Lost” breeds in the pond which are worth a lot of money and XP.
Game Currency/Growth Potion/Stamps
- The game’s main currency is gold coins which you will be given when you sell frogs.
- You will start out with 1,000 Gold coins when you play the first time.
- Growth Potion - This causes a frog to reach full maturity immediately. You will be given 10 of these to start you off in the game and may win some in the pond prizes and when you level up.
- Stamps – Stamps are used to cause items in your mailbox to mature right away. You will be given 10 of these to start you off in the game.
- NOTE - Use stamps and growth potion sparingly as it will be very valuable in the later levels of the game.
- NOTE - If you want to purchase additional stamps and growth potion tap on “Pro Shop” on the main menu and you can purchase more if needed. (See image above)
- Tap on a frog to see all there is to see about that particular frog.
- When the frog is untamed and a baby you will only see 3 options which are move, Pond, and Sell.
- Tap on Pond if you wish to take the baby to the pond to allow it to tame and mature to adulthood.
- Tap on Sell and you will sell the baby at a much lower rate than if it were a mature adult but sometimes if you need room you may need to do this.
- Move causes you to move it from one habitat to another.
- Once a frog is mature and tame you will see 3 additional options this will be Catalog, Breed, and Gift.
- Catalog sends your frog to a Collection of sorts where you can buy it again if you need it to breed with another species that you need for the collection.
- Tap on Main Menu at the bottom right of the screen and then tap on “Frog Mart”
- Here you can purchase any frog as long as it is unlocked.
- You may have to wait until you reach a certain level before a species is available for purchase.
- Once you purchase a frog you will have to wait a certain amount of time before it is available which is listed by the purchase price.
- You will also see a maximum value which is the most you can sell the frog back to the store for once it is fully mature.
Sending Frogs to the Pond/Taming Frogs/Finding Gifts/Breeding
- When you send a baby frog to the pond there are 2 objectives which are seen at the bottom of the screen with meters.
- Tap your finger on a lily pad to make your frog jump there.
- You will notice that several dragon flies will be flying around at different sizes. If you can get the frog to eat the fly by flying over it you will notice it gets older with each fly it eats. The meter at the top will tell you how many more flies you need to eat to reach adulthood.
- The other meter will tell you how to tame your frog. A frog must be tamed before it can breed and it must be full grown before it can breed.
- Taming a Frog - To tame a frog it will need to eat a certain number of flies. Look at the top of the screen to see how many flies he needs to eat to become tame. A message will notify you when the frog is tame.
- Finding Gifts – While you are moving from lily pad to lily pad you will occasionally see a gift. If you jump on the gift you will win all kinds of prizes from coins to habitats to other frog breeds.
- Breeding in Pond - If you see another frog quickly get your frog to jump on top of it to breed. You will be asked if you want to breed the 2 frogs for a cost. If you accept the frog egg will automatically go into the Nursery and you will have to wait for it to hatch before you can put it into the pond or another habitat.
- NOTE - You can leave a newly hatched baby frog to grow over time or place it in the pond to eat flies until it grows. (This is the fastest way to mature a frog)
- If you run out of room you will need to either sell a frog or move it to another habitat if you have one.
- NOTE - Each time you breed a frog you will have a new breed of frog.. You do NOT have to breed 2 frogs of the same species. The goal of the game is to breed as many different frog species as you can and there are 10,000 possible breeds so this game will keep you busy a long time.
- Be sure to look at the “Awards” area so you will see which frogs you wish to pay to breed in the main menu or Catalog area or those you wish to randomly breed in the pond.
Frog Collections/Cataloging Frog Species
- Once a frog is an adult you can tap on it and then tap on “Add to Collection” once this species is locked in you can always buy it in the future if you need it for another species.
- Usually if you are low on room it is best to add a frog to the collection and then sell it to make room for more frogs.
- NOTE – Be sure you breed this frog before you do this so you have the benefit of a new breed from this frog.
- To see your collections tap on “Menu” at the bottom right of the screen then from the main menu tap on “Catalog” here you can buy any breed you have placed in the Catalog area.
- This is the main menu of the game.
- There is a help option, Stores, Breeding areas, Catalog areas and an option to play other Nimblebit games.
- Your Mailbox is located at the bottom center of the Main menu and this is where any gift you win in the pond will go.
- You will have to wait until it matures and then you can place it in your habitat or sell it.
- When an item is ready a “Place” button will appear. Tap on it to place the item. If it is not ready you will see a countdown meter telling you how long until it is mature.
- NOTE – A mailbox can only hold a maximum of 8 items at a time so you will need to make sure you have room for new items at all times or you will lose them. For example if your mailbox is full and you get a great prize from the pond you will lose it if your mailbox is full.
- Stamps can be used to cause an item to become ready for use immediately. You are given 10 when you start the game and can win more during pond prizes or leveling up. Use them if you need to use an item or frog immediately.
Visiting Neighbors/Sending Gifts
- To visit Neighbors tap on the Main Menu and then Tap on “Neighbors”
- You can choose from your list of Plus+ friends or tap on Facebook, Yahoo, or Google at the top of the list to access those friends.
- Once they have accepted a friend request you can visit their ponds.
- You can also send a frog as a gift to a friend by tapping on the full grown frog and then “Gift” choose your friends name and send it.
- NOTE – It will cost you 1 Stamp each time you send a gift to a friend and they must accept it before it goes into their inventory.
- Friends may send you gifts as well. You may receive frogs or scenery for your habitats from friends. You can choose to use it or sell it from the acceptance screen.
- Access the Awards from the Main Menu area by tapping on “Awards”
- There are over 65 awards you can earn in the game.
- Once you complete a task and earn an award you will earn a Star next to that task along with an award of 1,000 to 2,000 XP.
- You can read through the list of all possible awards to guide your actions in the game.
- Habitats are where your frogs live.
- The nursery Habitat is where eggs are placed and baby frogs are hatched.
- You can move a frog from one habitat to another by tapping on the move button in the focus screen.
- The Dirt Habitat is one example of an early Habitat. As you level up more will unlock and you can purchase them or get them as gifts or prizes.
- The Habitat Menu shows which frogs are in which Habitat.
- Only 8 Frogs can be in a Habitat at any one time.
- You will be able to purchase additional Habitats from levels 2 to 7.
- If you do not have enough room for all of your frogs you will need to sell them. NOTE – Make sure you catalog a frog before you sell it so you can purchase it again if needed.
- You have completed the basic game play guide for Pocket Frogs for the IPhone, iPad and the iPod touch by Nimblebit Games. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!