Tap Resort – Game Introduction
Tap Resort is an Island paradise simulation game developed by Brooklyn Packet Co. for the iPhone and iPad where you can create an amazing island paradise with all types of attractions and decor you can purchase and place anywhere you choose. As you earn money from your Island attractions you can reinvest that money to upgrade them so they will earn even more money for you. Buy your Tourists drinks to make them happy and they will spend like crazy at your Island Resorts. Gamezebo’s Tap Resort strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips, tricks, hints, and cheats on how to win.
Quick Start Guide
- Click on the link above to download Tap Resort to your iPhone or iPad. There is no charge for the application.
- You can also download Tap Resort Party which is exactly the same game with a few different attractions available.
- You will start this game with 4500 Silver Coins and 15 Gold Shells which are the games currency. The Gold Shells will purchase higher end items that can help you level up and earn money faster in the game. Both types of currency can be purchased with a major credit card or you can earn free Gold Shells by purchasing and/or downloading various applications.
- You begin with a very small island which increases in size a tiny bit each time you level up. Once you hit level 5 you will unlock the opportunity to purchase a second Island to decorate. You will also unlock new Islands at levels 10,16, and 35.
- Tap on the Island twice very fast to zoom in and out of the scene.
- Once you have several islands you will not be able to move attractions and decorations from one Island to another.
- If you don’t want the music to play you can toggle it off in the upper left hand corner of the game screen by tapping on the music note.
- Each day the game gives you a special deal on a gold shell item. Be sure to check it out by tapping on the button with the stars on it daily.
Adding Attractions/Upgrading and Collecting from your Attractions
- To add an attraction to your Island tap on the shopping cart icon at the bottom left of the game screen.
- You will see a store menu divided into 3 categories which are “Attractions”, “Decorations”, and “Specials.” Just tap on a tab to visit that category.
- Tap on the item you wish to purchase and you will be taken back to the Island. Tap on the area you wish to place the attraction and if it shows a red border the item can not be placed. If you see a green border click again and you will see a tiny menu that has a green check, red “X”, and yellow arrows. Tap on the green button to lock in the purchase, the red button to cancel the transaction, or the yellow arrows to rotate the item or attraction.
- As soon as the building is placed you will see construction workers building it. You can tap on them to see how long it will take to complete the building. Once it is completed it will begin earning money for you. Each time a tourist walks into it you earn 1 coin.
- Each attraction can be upgraded a total of 3 times and the first time you build an attraction it will earn you 500 coins, the second time 1000, coins, and the final time 1,500 coins. Tapping on the building will bring up a menu letting you know what you can do for that attraction in terms of upgrading and time.
- Once you have collected 75% of the total amount of coins your attraction can hold you can collect coins by tapping on the building. You will see a sign above the building that says “Collect” which you will tap on to collect the coins and the attraction will immediately begin collecting again.
- TIP – You can tap on an attraction at any time to see how many coins have accumulated. If you go into the game often it is best to collect any time you can as this will earn you more coins overall. You will be allowed to collect 375 coins on a 500 coin attraction if you see it in time. Once the building have 500 coins (or whatever the max is) no more coins can be collected until you tap on it to start the process again. It is best to check every few hours to clean and make tourists happy and to check if any attractions can be collected.
- The more upgraded attractions you have the more tourists you will have visit your island and the more money they will spend there.
- When a building has earned its maximum amount of money you will see a sign over which says “Collect” (See image above) it will stop collecting until you tap on it to empty it which starts the process all over so be sure to check back every 6 to 8 hours which is the average amount of time it takes for an attraction to earn its maximum amount of money.
- As you level up more attractions will unlock and the ones you spend Golden shells on will earn you the most money overall.
- NOTE – Decorations do not earn money for you only attractions do.
- To move any attraction or sell it simply tap on it and a menu will appear with those options.
How to make your Tourists Happy
- Tourists arrive at intervals on a boat and the more attractions you have the more tourists will visit you.
- If your Island is dirty your Tourists will be unhappy and less likely to visit attractions.
- To make a tourist happy tap on it and then tap on “Buy Drink for 5 Silver Coins” This will immediately make your tourist happy and they will say “Yippee” and will go to one of your attractions to spend money or take a snapshot of it.
- Each time you buy your tourist a drink you will notice there are 3 levels of happiness from the menu.
- If the tourist is very unhappy (with the smiley face highlighted in the first spot) and you spend 5 coins to give them a drink you will earn 5 XP. If the middle smiley face is highlighted and you give them a drink you will earn 3 XP.
- If the Tourist is very happy and the 3rd smiley is highlighted buying them a drink will only earn you 1 XP.
- TIP – Since buying a drink for a very happy tourist costs you 5 coins but only earns you 1 XP it is best to wait until you see the sad face over a tourist before you buy them a drink so you will earn 5 XP and level up faster.
- If a Tourist is very unhappy you will see a sad face over their head. These tourists will not shop at your attractions so give them a drink as soon as possible.
- Tourists are constantly walking around and lying on the beach and taking snapshots of attractions. They are messy and constantly dropping glasses and banana peels that you will need to clean up.
Cleaning your Islands for XP
- The more Tourists you have the more of a mess they will make on the Island.
- Tourists will drop glasses and banana peels on your Island.
- To clean them tap on each one and it will earn you 1 XP.
- XP (Experience points) help you to level up and cleaning your Island often will help you to level up much faster than waiting on attractions to earn money and XP for you.
- TIP – Each time you open the game your Islands will be messy again. If you keep the game open it is messy every few minutes. Use this to your advantage when you reach the higher levels to gain XPs. NOTE – Set aside some time to let your Island become very messy so the tourists will become very unhappy and you can give them drinks for 5 XP each and then collect 1 XP for each item you tap clean. If you can stay in the game and do this a few times you will level up much faster. Just remember Tourists will not visit your attractions while they are unhappy so do this for a few short periods when you have time.
- You have completed the basic game play guide for Tap Resort by Brooklyn Packet Co. for the iPhone and iPad. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!