We Farm – Game Introduction
We Farm is a real time simulation game developed by ngmoco games Inc. where you can create a virtual Farm with all types of buildings, crops, gardens, animals and decor which you can purchase and place anywhere you choose. As you earn money from crops, county fair, and fulfilling agreements made with your neighbors, you can reinvest that money to upgrade and expand your farm to making it unbelievably beautiful and fun. Gamezebo’s We Farm strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats on how to win.
Quick Start Guide
- When you first start the game, you will be prompted to register for a Plus+ account which connects you to a large network of games for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. There is no charge for membership.
- If you are already registered with the Plus+ network you can log in to We Farm and any friends you have made in the other “We” series such as We Rule will automatically be your neighbors in the game.
- You can also connect to the game via Facebook and Twitter at the bottom right of the neighbor menu. (First screen after game loads)
- Each action in the game has an option of setting push notifications (Toggle settings) which will help remind you to claim items before they expire.
- Once the game loads you will need to tap on your farm which is always located at the bottom left of the screen to access it. This is also the screen where you can access your neighbors by tapping on their farms and at the bottom right you can access the Plus+ network, Facebook, or Twitter to invite more friends to play. (Note – The images you see on this screen will change as you and your Neighbors upgrade your farms.)
- You will begin with a small farm cottage in the center of your land which you can eventually upgrade through 25 levels to a Victorian farmhouse.
- Double tap quickly on your land and the screen will zoom in and out.
- You are given 250 Gold bar Currency and 0 Gro Formula when you begin the game.
- Gro Formula speeds up construction, growth, and happiness. It can be purchased in several different quantities from the “Gro Store” or you can earn it by leveling up. Tap on the item you wish to use it on then tap on “Use Gro” Each item will have a different requirement of Gro formula and as time passes this amount lessens. You always have the option to use Gro to finish a project in progress.
- You will be given a set of objectives which serves as the game’s tutorial. Once you earn your first 100 XP (completing the first 2 objectives) you will make it to level 2 which will unlock a few items and reward you with 3 Gro Formula. (Most levels reward you with 3 and some 5 or 10)
- Once you complete all the objectives of the game you should have a garden growing and a couple of animals to raise. Once you understand how the basics work be sure to make neighbors a priority and visit them to start earning money from them.
- Neighbors are a critical factor to leveling up fast in the game and the more you have the faster things will move along. You will purchase buildings which placed on your farm become available for your Neighbors to enter into a contract with you. Since the game is in real time you will have to wait until the item is ready before you can deliver it to your neighbor and collect funds.
- Just as your neighbors come to your farm to enter into agreements for goods or services, you can go to their farm and enter into an agreement with them.
- Once you have several animals and buildings earning for you, use the money to expand your land. You will upgrade your Farm house on your main farm and you will have another plot of land to decorate. There is a plot of land available for purchase on each side of your farm and your neighbors will also be able to access your new land plots.
How to Place items on the Farm
- To purchase and place items on your Farm tap on the Shovel icon at the lower right corner of the screen.
- A purchase menu will appear which is divided into categories. Tap on the category you wish to shop from.
- Once you see the item you wish to purchase (price will be in red text if you do not have enough funds) tap on it and it will appear on your land with a small menu above it. Use your finger to drag the item where you want to place it and then tap on the green check mark button to complete the purchase. (You can move items again once they are placed) The center button with arrows will rotate the item in the direction you want it.
- If you have changed your mind on an item click on the red button with the “X” and this cancels the transaction and clears the menu.
- If you want to rearrange any or all of the items on your Farm land tap on the shovel icon at the bottom right of the screen and the store menu will open. Look for the blue “Redesign” button at the top center of the screen. This will allow you to tap on any item and either move, rotate, or sell it. Tap on the green arrow at the bottom center of screen to lock in and save all changes.
- Each time you purchase an item that can be used to earn money you will see another person walking around your farm. Each building brings you a different type of person.
Entering into Agreements with your Neighbors
Requesting agreements from your Neighbors
- Once you have neighbors you will be able to enter into agreements for goods and services which is a great way to make money.
- You can have a maximum of 35 agreements total whether you or your neighbor initiates it.
- When the game loads you will see the neighbor screen. To go to your land tap on the Farm at the far left. (your farm will always be here no matter how many pages you have.) If you see an “Open” sign above your Neighbor’s farm it means they have something available for you to order. Tap on the farm with the open sign and you will be taken to that neighbors farm.
- Once in your Neighbor’s farm use your finger to drag the screen around and look for items with another “Open” sign above them. Tap on the item once and a screen will appear with the details of that item. It will tell you how long until the item is ready and how much money and XP you will earn from it. If you do NOT wish to enter into an agreement on the item simply tap on the land outside of it and it will disappear. If you do want to enter into the agreement tap on the contract and you will see the open sign over the item has been replaced with your game avatar.
- Once the item is ready your Neighbor will have to tap on it to deliver it to you. When you log into your game it will notify you that your neighbor has completed their end of the deal and you will be awarded any money or XP due to you.
- IF a neighbor waits too long and lets the item go bad they will lose out and so will you. You will be sent a message telling you that you will not get the item agreed upon.
- TIP – Keep track of neighbors that do not play the game very much and ignore filling orders you have placed as you will waste a lot of time on them. You will quickly learn which neighbors are best to enter into agreements with.
Agreements Requested of you
- If a neighbor has visited you and has requested an item from you, you will see their avatar image over the building they are requesting goods from.
- Tap on the building and you will see a menu giving you the option to “Accept” or “Deny” the agreement. You will also see the amount of time until it is ready and can set push notifications to remind you when it is ready to deliver to them.
- Once you tap on “Accept” the building goes into countdown mode. You can tap on the building, crop, or animal to see how much time is left. You also have the option to use “Gro Formula” here as well which would make the item instantly ready for delivery.
- Once an item is ready for delivery you will see a small icon over it. Tap on it and you will see it is being delivered to your neighbor.
- Once items are delivered there is a clean slate and any of your other neighbors can request the item from you again.
- Check the game frequently throughout the day to see if anyone has requests for you.
Collecting Funds and Goods from your Farm
- Every item you purchase to place on your farm will after a certain amount of time earn money for you. A neighbor may visit and request an item that you will prepare over time and deliver, or if no agreement is made the building still makes money for you over time if not interrupted.
- When you purchase a pen, coop, or pasture you will be given the opportunity to raise animals. As you level up the number of animals you can raise increases as well as what you earn for them. You can pet the animals over time to make them happy and when they are mature you will tap on them and send them to the County fair and you will earn a cash and XP reward. Animals will give you more XP than crops therefore helping you to level up faster.
- In We Farm the sections you plant crops in are called “Gardens” and will be one of the first things you will purchase in the game. Once a garden plot is in place you will need to tap on it which brings up a menu of items you can plant and harvest each taking a different amount of time and giving you different rewards so you will have to choose what works best for you as a crop that is not harvested on time will spoil and you will lose all money invested. The first item unlocked for planting is corn and it is free and takes only 5 minutes to mature. (If you have the time this is a great way to make a little extra money.) Each time you level up in the game you will unlock more fruits and vegetables you can grow and harvest. Garden plots become available every few levels so be sure to check when you level up to see if it is unlocked. It makes more sense to have it earning money for you than sitting in the store.
- TIP – Try to always keep crops growing in your Garden and be sure to only set 1 of the push notifications if you have several plots growing at the same time. If you set all of them to remind you, you will find it very frustrating when all of them go off when you are using your device.
- The only items that do not earn income for you are decor such as dirt roads, hay bales, trees and things of that sort. Purchase decor last when you have extra money and a well established farm.
- Buildings will earn you money and XP such as the dairy farm which will earn you 6 coins and 3 XP every 4 hours. When it is time to collect money you will see an icon over the building and you will need to tap on it.
- Tapping on any building is a good idea if it has an icon over it. The money and XP will be immediately added to your totals found at the top of the screen and you will see the amounts flash briefly on the screen once collected.
- You have completed the basic game play guide for We Farm for iPhone, ipad and the iPod touch. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!