Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets – Game Introduction
Welcome to the Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets walkthrough on Gamezebo. Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets is a Hidden Object Game played on the PC created by GameMill Entertainment and Gunnar Games. This walkthrough includes tips and tricks, helpful hints, and a strategy guide for how to complete Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets.
- This is a hidden object game that requires visiting several locations to collect inventory objects to complete a chapter.
- There is no timer and no score is kept.
- There are unlimited hints available and the tip icon refills quickly.
- The cursor will change to a magnifying glass when an area needs to be inspected. Hidden object areas are indicated by sparkling areas. The cursor changes to a hand when an item needs to be picked up.
- There are two ways to find areas that need to be inspected: move the cursor around the main area and watch for the cursor to turn into a magnifying glass, or hold the cursor down over the tips icon to see all the areas.
- Books that will help solve puzzles will be collected in various areas. Puzzles can be skipped immediately with no penalty.
There is a short clip that sets up the story line. The first chapter contains an interactive tutorial that may be omitted by clicking Skip.
Chapter 1: Aunt Rosie’s House
- Click the sparkling area to the side of the house to access the hidden object scene. The Inventory tab will switch to a List tab that contains objects to be found. The list of items will vary except for the Key. Clicking the key will send it to inventory.
- Click the door to get a closer view. Read the note, click the key in inventory, and place the key over the lock. Click to insert the key and open the door.
Move the cursor around the room to find areas that need exploring, or place the cursor on the Tips icon and click and hold to illuminate every area in the location.
- Both doors are locked and there isn’t a picture in inventory so nothing can be done with those areas.
- The cursor has changed into a hand on the butter knife on the table. Click it to place the knife in inventory.
- Click the double arrow to go upstairs.
- Use the butter knife from inventory to open the jammed drawer.
- Pick up the light bulb for inventory.
- Click the double arrow to go into the bedroom.
- Click the glowing area by the night stand and find the listed objects.
- The book “History of Savannah” is added to the Books tab and the painting is added to inventory.
- Click the light bulb and place it on the lamp. The number “120″ is displayed on the foot of the bed. Note this number?it is the time needed to set the hallway clock.
- Return to the entryway.
- Place the painting from inventory on the wall. Click to swap the positions of the paintings until they are in the correct order.
- SOLUTION: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.
- Correctly positioning the pictures will cause the door under the stairs to open. Click to inspect the hidden objects. The oil can goes into inventory.
- Click the double arrows to go upstairs.
- Click the clock face to open the area. Drag the hands on the clock to set it to 1:20 (the number illuminated by the lamp in the bedroom).
- The door opens and a bird appears. Click the bird to add it to inventory.
- Click the double arrow on the left to display the entrance to the library.
- Place the bird from inventory onto the branch on the left so it matches the right side of the door.
- Enter the library.
- Use oil on the wheels of the ladder. It will move over to the book on the top shelf.
- Click the book. This is Aunt Rosie’s diary. To open it, click the symbols on the cover on the right in the order they flash. The sequence will vary.
- Read the diary. It will go into the books inventory.
Chapter 2: Miss Honeywell’s Establishment
- In the entryway, click the door with the sign saying “Be Right Back” to enter the office.
- In the office, click the door behind the desk to enter the store room.
- Click the shelves to open this area.
- Click the book on the floor that says “Voodoo for Beginners.” It will go to the book inventory and a list of objects is displayed. The date stamp will go into inventory.
- Return to the entryway.
- Click the desk to open the guest book area.
- Click the guest book to sign it.
- Take the date stamp from inventory and click the ink pad. The inked stamper will go back into inventory. Click it and stamp the guest book. The date that appears is “2 – 5 – 93.” Note this for later use.
- Click the gumball machine to open the coin slot area. Take the quarter that someone left in the coin slot.
- Return to the office.
- Click the lock securing the area behind the desk. Use the number from the date stamp for the combination: “2 – 5 – 93.”
- Click the hidden object area and find the listed items. The wire cutters will go into inventory.
- Use the quarter for the crane machine. A voodoo doll will drop down. Pick it up for inventory.
- Return through the door behind the desk to the store room.
- Click the security system wires by the back door.
- Use the wire cutters to disable the security system.
- Exit the back door into the alley.
- Click the old radio in the trash can. Take the batteries.
- Return to the store room.
- Match the characters to their letters from “Voodoo for Beginners” to know where to place the pins to open the door.
- SOLUTION: Red – head; Blue – torso; Green – left leg.
- Enter the fortune-telling reading room.
- Take the batteries from inventory and click the flashlight.
- Return to the alley.
- Click the dumpster lid to open it. Use the flashlight to see the contents.
- Find the items on the list. The crank will go into inventory.
- Return to the office.
- Place the crank in the jack-in-the-box. Click the Tarot cards to collect them and put them in inventory.
- Go to the fortune-telling reading room.
- Place the Tarot cards on the table to open a mini-game.
- Solve the game by putting the cards in the correct order (I, II, III) and in their corresponding color slot. Use the outside rotating arrows to move the wheel. Within the wheel, arrows will appear to allow you to move cards into the center for holding. Rotate the wheel, then move the cards into the correct position on the outside. This game can be skipped with no penalty.
Chapter 3: The Church
- Click the double doors on the right and go to the front of the church.
- Open the area on the altar and find the items indicated. A chalice (hidden behind some candles) will go into inventory.
- Return to the entry of the church.
- Dip the chalice into the baptismal font to fill it with water. The filled chalice will go back into inventory.
- Open the double doors again, and go to the right of the nave where the fire is burning.
- Use the filled chalice to put out the fire.
- Open the area on the chair and click to open it. Pick up the number “76″ for inventory.
- Now that the fire is out, click the area on the side of the confessional. Pick up the sheet music for inventory.
- Exit this area and go to the left of the nave where the organ is located.
- Click the hymnal board to access the area.
- Use the “76″ from inventory to pry the piece of stained glass loose. It will go into inventory.
- Pick up the candles from the floor below the board for inventory.
- Return to the church entry.
- Use the stained glass shard from inventory and place it on the door on the left.
- This will open a slider puzzle. The solution is shown above.
- Click the door to open it.
- Find all the objects listed. The candle lighter will go into inventory.
- Return to the altar at the front of the church.
- Place the candles from inventory in the holders on the back wall.
- Use the burning candles to ignite the candle lighter. It will go back into inventory.
- Use the lighter to light the candles.
- A compartment on the back wall will be illuminated. Click to open it and obtain the key. Use the key on the door to the sacristy on the right.
- Open the area on the desk and find the items listed. The organ pipe and hymnal will go into inventory.
- Exit and return to the organ area.
- Place the organ pipe in the missing slot and place the sheet music on the organ.
- Use the “Hymnal” as a guide to playing the notes. The solution is shown above. If the melody sounds familiar, it’s Beethoven’s “Ode to Joy.”
- Pick up the piece of the cemetery map from the organ pipe.
- Return to the vestry and place the missing piece on the map for the cemetery.
Chapter 4: The Cemetery
Welcome to the Ellis Whitmore Cemetery! To enter,
- Rotate the symbols so the left one looks like an “E” and the right one looks like a “W.”
- Enter the gates and take the path toward the mausoleum.
- Activate the hidden object area by the gravestone.
- Find the objects. The chisel will go into inventory.
- Pick up the brick.
- Go to the tool shed.
- Use the brick to break the rusty lock and enter the building.
- Access the hidden object area on the shelf. Find all the items listed. The crowbar will go into inventory and the book “Romania” will go into the book inventory.
- Return to the front gate.
- Access the loose stone.
- Use the chisel to pry it open. Collect the metal peg.
- Return to the mausoleum.
- Place the metal peg on the door gate.
- Working from the top down, click the directional arrows on the bars to move them back into the recess of the door.
- Enter the mausoleum.
- Pick up the screwdriver on the table for inventory.
- Use the crowbar to remove the planks on the window.
- Rotate the puzzle pieces so matching colors meet. It’s easiest to start at the upper left corner and work your way inward. The first piece does not have a matching white tile on either side, so this section of the piece will be on the outside. The solution is shown above.
- After you complete the puzzle, the rose will open and expose a jewel. Pick up the jewel for inventory.
- Exit and go to the side fence.
- Click the snake on the fence to open the area.
- Place the jewel on the snake head to replace the missing eye. This opens a hidden object area.
- Find all the items on the list. The shovel head will go into inventory.
- Return to the grounds shed.
- Click the pitchfork to get a closer view.
- Place the screwdriver over the screws until the screwdriver starts pulsating. Click to loosen the screws. Repeat with the second screw.
- The handle will fall. Pick it up. It now combines with the shovel head to form a shovel.
- Return to the grave marker.
- Use the shovel on the freshly dug ground area to reveal a coffin.
- Use the crowbar to open the coffin. It’s empty!
Chapter 5: The Lighthouse
- Enter the ground floor of the lighthouse. Access the hidden object area and find the items listed. The fishing pole will go into inventory.
- Enter the door to the left and go up to the room on the second floor.
- Open the tackle box and click the fishing lure.
- The lure will attach itself to the end of the fishing pole and go back into inventory.
- Pick up the saw for inventory.
- Go down to the stairway landing.
- Click the loose floor board.
- Use the fishing pole with the lure to hook the knife for inventory.
- Exit the lighthouse and go down to the docks.
- Use the knife on the ropes securing the door to enter the boathouse.
- Click the hidden object area in the boathouse and find the items. The boat hook will go into inventory and the book “Introduction to Chemistry” will go with the other books.
- Click the lobster trap on the dock and take the gear.
- Take the oar from the boat.
- Return to the lighthouse.
- Pick up the shingles by the sign for the docks before entering the lighthouse.
- Click the vise to open the area.
- Place the oar in the vise and use the saw to cut two pieces. Place the pieces in inventory.
- Enter the door on the left and go to the stairway landing.
- Place the two oar pieces on the ladder and add it to inventory.
- Continue up to the top floor.
- Use the boat hook to open the stuck trap door.
- Enter the outside of the lighthouse deck through the trap door.
- Collect the fuses on the right side of the lighthouse deck.
- Exit the lighthouse.
- Place the ladder on the house to repair the roof.
- When you place the shingles on the roof, a fit-the-pieces game will open. The solution is shown above.
- Enter the house.
- Place the fuses in the fuse box to open a puzzle.
- The fuses must be placed based on their corresponding color so all the fuses add up to 100. The first column is shown.
- SOLUTION: Column 2: yellow 15, pink 37, blue 16, red 4, and green 28. Column 3: blue 32, red 26, green 12, pink 6, and yellow 24.
- Now that the power is fixed, go to the top of the lighthouse to fix the light.
- Place the gears in the gear box to open the game.
- Arrange the gears from bottom to top until all the gears are turning.
Chapter 6: The Hospital
- In the reception area, pick up the skeleton hand and the carafe from the coffee pot.
- Go to the hallway.
- Stop at the cleaning cart and pick up the towel.
- Go to the hidden object area in the restroom and find all the objects. The cleaning solution is added to inventory.
- Go to the far end of the hallway and enter the courtyard.
- Pick up the envelope from the table.
- Click the garbage can and retrieve the broken bones.
- Click the fountain and find all the hidden objects. The surgical tape will go into inventory and mend the broken bones from the garbage can. The book “Ancient Greek Architecture” is added to the collection.
- Return to the medical lab.
- Place the coffee pot on the medical shelves on the far wall.
- Use the “Introduction to Chemistry” book from your collection to determine the order to add the chemicals to produce the metal-eating mixture.
- The best way to figure out the order to add is to start by eliminating the first ingredient. Based on the clues from the book, “O is not first,” and “Br is added after O” so it can’t be first either. “Do not add Cl before O or F” eliminates it. “Add F anytime after Br” also eliminates it. That leaves “H” as the first element.
- The second element can be similarly deduced: it cannot be Cl, F, or BR so it must be “O.”
- Because you “Do not add Cl before O or F” and you “Add F anytime after Br,” that leaves Br for the third element.
- The fourth element must be “F” because you “Do not add Cl before O or F.” Therefore, Cl is the last element. (“Elementary, my dear Watson!”)
- SOLUTION: H, O, BF, F, CL.
- Before exiting the lab, click the skeleton and add the repaired bones and hand from inventory. Take the number “4″ from his mouth.
- Apply the acid created in the lab to the rusted lock on the fire axe box.
- Retrieve the piece of paper at the bottom. The number “7″ is added to inventory.
- Enter the hospital room across the hallway from the lab.
- Pick up the patient folder.
- Use the cleaning solution and rag on the dirty X-ray screen.
- Place the envelope on the screen and collect the number “3.”
- Return to the reception area.
- Place the file in the filing cabinet to open the filing puzzle.
- Switch files by clicking one file, then clicking the file where you want to relocate the first file.
- The system is color-coded in alphabetical order. The color order is shown in the three squares on the front of both drawers.
- The first drawer from front to back should be in alphabetical sequence within red tabs, green tabs, then yellow tabs.
- The second drawer from front to back should be in alphabetical sequence with blue first, then green and red at the back.
- When the files are correctly organized, the number “5″ drops out.
- Return to the medical lab.
- Click the keypad on the blood bank door.
- The numbers from inventory are randomly placed at the top of the pad.
- This is a jigsaw puzzle to determine the correct sequence for the code. The solution is shown above.
- Click the numbers on the keypad in the sequence indicated.
- The door opens and shows a motel key on the floor of the blood bank.
Chapter 7: A Motel
- Enter the pool area.
- Pick up the net head from the table.
- Access hidden object area and find all objects. The spray paint goes into inventory.
- Go to the office.
- Pick up the power cord from the table and the paint scraper from the desk.
- Click the security camera to access the area. Take the spray paint from inventory and spray the camera. The camera is now disabled.
- Enter the back office.
- Access the hidden object area to obtain paper clips and the book “The Fish Book.”
- Attach the power cord to the computer tower.
- Clicking the computer screen indicates that a password is needed. A hint to it is located in the outer office.
- Return to the outer office.
- Compare the occupant of the fish aquarium to the page from “The Fish Book.” It most resembles an angelfish.
- In the inner office, use the word “angelfish” for the password. You are granted access.
- Note that room 102 has been occupied for quite a while.
- Exit to inspect the room.
- Place the paper clips on the door to room 102 to open the lock pick puzzle.
- Click the lock tumblers to activate the motion meter on the left. The colors indicate how much pressure to put on the tumbler.
- A bar on the motion meter will go up and down. Click the meter to stop it at the amount of pressure to add from least (blue on bottom) to most (red on top). Too much pressure will cause the tumbler to return to its original position and you’ll need to start again.
- To gain access to the room, click the successive tumblers until all are recessed.
- Access the hidden object area in the suitcase. The ice pick will go into inventory.
- Get the shower rod from the bathroom. It will combine with the net head to form a scooper.
- Exit the room.
- Use the ice pick on the ice machine right outside the room. Pick up the hammer.
- Go to the pool and use the pool scoop to retrieve the key at the bottom of the pool.
- Return to room 102.
- Use the key from the pool on the minibar. It contains the blood from the blood bank.
- Use the hammer to remove the nailed curtains and discover a papered-over window.
- Use the paint scraper on the bathroom mirror to discover that it has been cracked.
- Return to Aunt Rosie’s house.
Chapter 8: Back to Aunt Rosie’s House
- Pick up the pliers from the entryway table.
- Exit the house and enter the cellar through the double door hatch at the side of the house.
- Access the hidden object area, find the objects, and collect the book “Rancher’s Manual” and pool rack.
- Use the pliers to extract the teeth from the skull.
- Return to the entryway.
- Click the lion’s head and place the teeth in its mouth. This will unlock the door to the dining room.
- Enter the dining room.
- Click the hidden object area on the table. Find the objects; the empty water pitcher goes into inventory.
- The door to the pool room is located on the back wall of the dining room.
- Enter the pool room.
- Pick up the pool cue.
- Click the hidden object area on the bar and collect the items. The faucet knob goes to inventory.
- Place the pool rack from inventory onto the pool table. A mini-game opens.
- Arrange the balls inside the pool rack so that the numbers add up to the same numbers on all three sides. One solution is shown above.
- When the puzzle is correctly solved, the pool table will be set up with the cue ball available to break the balls in the rack.
- Click the pool cue to shoot at the balls.
- After the balls are hit, a snow globe falls from one of the pockets. Place it into inventory.
- Return to the entryway and go upstairs to the library.
- Place the snow globe in the center of the side table. This triggers the table drawer to open. Click the golden arm to add it to inventory.
- Exit the house to the yard.
- Place the faucet handle on the spigot and fill the pitcher with water.
- Return to the dining room.
- Place the filled pitcher on the sideboard in the dining room to open the puzzle area.
- Each vase needs to be filled with one item to lower the column it stands on to a specific height. The items, as indicated above, are pebbles, water, a single rose, or a bouquet of flowers. Each has a different weight.
- Refer to the “Ancient Greek Architecture” book and place the items so they are the same height as shown in the illustration from the text.
- SOLUTION: Bouquet, single rose, pebbles, water.
- A drawer below the vases will open that contains a golden arm. Click to add it to inventory.
- Return to the pool room.
- Click the gold statue on the table and place the arms from inventory on her.
- She will release the pendant for inventory.
- Return to the cellar.
- Place the pendant on the hasp of the lock to open the trunk.
- Collect the books from the trunk.
- Return to the library.
- Placing the books just collected on the book shelves will open a puzzle.
- The goal is to place all the books of the same color on the same shelf.
- Swap books from side to side and from shelf to shelf by clicking groups either of the same number or if they are side-by-side. For example, four red from one shelf and four blue from another shelf can swap places, or three black and one yellow on the same shelf can swap places if they are touching.
- One possible solution is shown above.
- When you have successfully completed the puzzle, the shelves will slide apart and reveal a secret compartment that contains a map (shown above).
- Click the map to continue.
Chapter 9: The Marsh
- Enter the trailer on the left and access the hidden object scene.
- Collect the airboat throttle and the book “Notre Dame de Paris.”
- Exit the trailer and continue down the road.
- Access the hidden object area on the left, just before the crossroads. A pick axe will be added to inventory.
- Follow the sign and turn left for the bridge.
- At the bridge, pick up the rope.
- Backtrack to the trailer and garage at the beginning of the road.
- Use the pick axe on the rock blocking the garage door.
- Enter the garage.
- Access the hidden object area and collect the stool.
- Click the poster on the back wall to activate a slot-machine type game to tie a knot in the rope.
- Use the “Rancher’s Manual” as a reference.
- Using the example, knot #1 corresponds to spinning wheel #1, and knots 2 and 3 to their wheels.
- Click wheel #1 to stop it on knot #1, and do the same for the corresponding wheels and their knots.
- When all three match, the rope in inventory will turn into a lasso. If you get any match wrong, however, you have to start over.
- Exit the garage and follow the road to the dock.
- Place the airboat throttle in the slot on the boat. This will start the boat’s propeller, which will clear away the fog on the lake and reveal another boat across the lake.
- Use the lasso to reach the boat and bring it to the dock.
- Click the boat and pick up the cage that is in the bottom of it.
- Return to the trailer and enter it.
- Place the cage over the snake in the tank.
- The snake is safely caged. Pick up the snake catcher for inventory.
- Exit the trailer and go to the crossroads sign.
- Place the stool at the base of the signpost.
- Use the snake catcher to reach the machete.
- Continue down the road to the bridge.
- Use the machete to clear the bushes on the left side of the bridge and follow the cleared path.
- Walking down the path will active a maze game. Even though it is dark, this is a fairly simple maze to navigate as there aren’t many dead ends.
- After you complete the maze, a gear mechanism appears. Turn the crank on top and return to the bridge.
- The mechanism raised the missing part of the bridge and you can now proceed to the castle.
Chapter 10: The Castle
- Enter the cell with the open door.
- Retrieve the mace from the current resident.
- Exit the dungeon
Orient yourself with the locations of the different areas off of this main hall of the castle. The first task is to go upstairs to the second floor. Click the chains across the entrance to activate a game.
- Click the chain that is on top to remove it.
- Continue clicking on the top chain until all of them have been removed.
- Clicking an incorrect chain will force you to begin again.
- The order of removal is indicated by the numbers in the above screen shot.
- Once you have removed all the chains, proceed up the stairs.
Tasks remaining to be completed in this area:
- The grandfather clock to the right of the upstairs door is missing its face.
- There is a monkey missing from the set of three on the stone table in the center of the hall.
Orient yourself with locations off this second floor landing. Tasks to be done in this area:
- Click the table and collect the mirror shards.
- Replace the antlers on the moose head.
- Open the box on the table.
Go up to the third floor landing
Orient yourself with locations off this third floor landing. Tasks to be done in this area:
- Click the table and pick up the Scorpio coin.
- Place moon pendant in slot above cell door to the right of the bedroom.
- Place sun pendant in slot above the cell door the left of the bedroom.
Enter the bedroom
- Pick up the clock face from the bed
- Click on the mirror to reassemble the shards as shown above. When correctly assembled, a mural piece will go to inventory.
- Go out to the balcony and get the trowel
- Exit the bedroom and turn right to go to the armory.
- Access the hidden object area. The helmet will go to inventory
Tasks to do later:
- Fix the crest on the wall
Exit the armory. Descend to the second floor landing and enter the door on the right, the dining room.
- Click the Knights on the right. Place the helmet as shown above. Receive a sword for inventory.
- Place the Scorpio coin on the left wall to active the puzzle.
- SOLUTION: Place Zodiac and non-Zodiac human symbols on the left side with the warrior. Place Zodiac and non-Zodiac creatures on the right side with the bull. The two overlapping slots in the middle are a combination of human and creature: a mermaid and a centaur. The order of placement within each area is not important.
- The completed puzzle provides a parchment stencil that floats into the book “Notre Dame de Paris”. Place the stencil on the upper left portion of the page. The letters “E, C, A, D” show through the squares. The result does not go into inventory, but accessing the book under the Books tab shows the solution.
- No more tasks are required for the dining room.
- Enter the kitchen through the doors at the end of the hall.
- Click the hidden object area and find the items. A torch is added to inventory.
- Pick up the bar of soap by the faucet.
- This area is complete.
- Exit to the second floor landing.
- Enter the door on the left: the music room.
- Click the instrument area to access the hidden object tasks. Collect a bell and the book “Mastering the Art of Chess”.
Tasks to be completed:
- Retrieving the antler from the chandelier and the sun pendant from the balcony.
- Finding tongs and the monkey statue on the outside grounds.
Exit the music room. Descend to the main hall.
- Click the grandfather clock to open the area.
- Place the face on the clock and click the hook at the bottom of the clock
- Proceed to the coffin room
- Place the bell on the back wall to activate the puzzle. Using the order from the stencil in the book “Notre Dame de Paris”, click them in the order indicated above the bells.
- Completing the bell puzzle allows access to the coffin in the center of the room. Click to activate the hidden object area. Find the objects. The chess piece goes to inventory.
- Place the mural piece in the vacant area of the mural on the back wall. The mural will rise and reveal a secret cache containing a moose antler.
- All tasks for this area are complete.
- Exit to the main hall. Enter the last door on the left for the wine cellar.
- Click the hidden object area. Find the items. The vine will be combined with the hook in inventory and form a grappling hook.
Tasks to be completed:
- Open the wine bottle.
Exit the wine cellar. Return to the third floor landing. Turn left to enter the chess room.
- Place the torch on the left side of the wall as indicated. A door opens permitting access to the balcony overlooking the music room.
- Use the grappling hook to get the moose antler from the chandelier. Pick up the sun pendant.
Tasks to do later:
- Extract a key from the fire place
- Set up the chess board and collect a cork screw.
Exit the chess room to the second floor landing.
- Place the sun pendant in the slot over the door on the left. The door opens revealing a hidden object area. Find the objects. A box cutter is added to inventory.
Tasks to do later:
- Place the moon pendant in the slot above the right-hand door. Obtain a lever.
Continue down the hallway to the right to the armory.
- Place the sword and mace on the crest on the wall to activate a puzzle.
- Use the book “Romania” and duplicate the five areas on the crest as show in the book. Receive a fire poker for completing the game.
- No more tasks are required for the armory.
- Descend to the second floor landing
- Place the antlers on the moose. Retrieve a lever from its mouth.
- Use the box cutters to open the box on the table. It contains pipes.
Tasks to do later:
- Enter the castle grounds via the music room and get the missing monkey and a pair of fireplace tongs.
Descend to the main hall and enter the laundry room.
- Place the soap in the wash tub.
- Place the pipes against the back wall and connect all the links. The solution is shown above.
Tasks to do later:
- Give a dirty monkey a bath.
Return to the second floor landing. Enter the music room door on the left and proceed to the exit door at the back of the room.
- Use the trowel to dig in the loose dirt by the lamp. Click the dirty monkey to add it to inventory.
- Click the fountain. There are tongs floating in the water. Click to add them to inventory
Tasks to do later:
- Leave the grounds by the back gate.
Return to the laundry room on the main floor
- Place the monkey in the soapy water to clean him up.
- All tasks for the laundry room are now complete.
- Return to the main hall.
- Click on the table in the center of the main hall.
- Place the clean monkey with the other two.
- A compartment at the bottom will open. Click the chess piece.
- Go to the third floor landing. Turn left and enter the chess room
- Use the poker to stir the fire wood. A key is exposed near the back of the fireplace. Use the tongs to retrieve it.
- Place the two chess queens on the chess board. The goal is to place eight queens on the board without any of them being capable of attacking another. Refer to “Mastering the Game of Chess” for assistance. The solution is shown above.
- The drawer in the desk will pop open when the game is completed. Click the corkscrew.
- All tasks for this area are completed.
- Exit to the main hall and enter the wine cellar.
- Use the corkscrew to open the bottle of wine. A second lever is added to inventory
- Go up to the main hall then enter the dungeon.
- Use the key to open the cell door.
- Access the hidden object area. Find all the objects. The moon pendant is added to inventory.
- Exit the dungeon. Go to the third floor landing.
- Place the moon pendant in the slot above the door on the right. The last lever will join inventory.
- Enter the bedroom through the double doors. Proceed across the room to the balcony.
- Place the three levers in their slots. Use the levers to rotate the garden rings until all three complete a path to the gate allowing our heroine and hero to escape.
Congratulations! You have completed Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets.