Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials Preview
The town of Salem, Massachusetts is best known for two things: being the site of the notorious “witch trials” of the 17th century, and the birth place of the famous author Nathaniel Hawthorne. Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials, an upcoming hidden object adventure from MumboJumbo, brings both themes together as Hawthorne’s ghost guides you towards unravelling the secrets of Salem’s witches and the author’s mysterious death.
Salem Witch Trials is the second chapter in the Midnight Mysteries series, letting you once again immerse yourself in the life and work of a famous American author. (The first game in the series was Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy.) As the story begins, Nathaniel Hawthorne’s ghost has died during a freak snow storm and his ghost has come to you asking for help.
In order to set Hawthorne’s spirit free you’ll have to solve the mystery of his death, and travel back and forth through time to the 17th century, where a woman stands accused of witchcraft and is facing accusations and a fate in the gallows at the hands of a town gone mad with rumors.
To solve the mysteries you’ll have to find the answers to questions like: Why was it snowing in May? Could Hawthorne’s powerful friends in the Oval Office have something to do with the author’s untimely death? How do legends of witchcraft play into the death of a writer 170 years later?
According to the game’s publisher, MumboJumbo, Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials will feature 10 Adventure Missions that blend point-and-click adventure with hidden object gameplay and puzzles as you explore the spooky village of Salem inside and out. There will also be an “Unlimited Hidden Object Mode” that you can unlock by collecting clovers.
The game will be released in two versions, including a premium Collector’s Edition that will contain the following extra features:
- Strategy Guide
- Two hidden Easter Eggs to play special hidden object modes
- Index of character sketches
- Research history gives you insight into the Salem Witch Trials, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and an unlockable spoiler topic
- Panic Room to explore, where players will “experience all of the paranormal activities from Midnight Mysteries“
- Visit Salem Under Construction a before and after look at the village as it takes shape
- Deleted Scenes including both sketches and finished scenes that didn’t make the final version of Salem Witch Trials
- Exclusive House of the Seven Gables Silver Dollar Hunt unlocked at the end of game where you’ll have to find 100 silver dollars
Be sure to follow this game with alerts to be notified the moment this game is released and when we post our full game review.