Flick Baseball, Monster Mayhem and more! New iPhone Games This Week
Each week hundreds of new games hit the App Store, vying for your dollars. Join us every Friday as we sort through the pile and let you know which games should be on your radar. This week sees monsters battling at the graveyard gate, the start of the portable baseball season, a re-invention of the roguelike genre, the second iPhone appearance of Iron Man and more!
New iPhone Games This Week is a new feature on Gamezebo. Be sure to check back every Friday to discover the latest and greatest games that have just surfaced on the App Store!
- 100 Rogues – Re-inventing the roguelike genre is no easy task, but 100 Rogues pulls it off by making it a short and sweet attempt at survival rather than an epic sprawling adventure. (Review)
- Chop Chop Tennis – Like ninjas? How about Wimbledon? The Chop Chop series debuts it’s third entry, and this one is decidedly sportier than it’s predecessors.
- CrossRoads – Line-drawing fans will want to take notice – a great variety of maps combines with interactive events to offer up a fresh take on the doodle-fingered genre. (Review)
- Farm Story – TeamLava tries to recreate the success of Facebook farming on the iPhone, but meets with mixed results. (Review)
- Flick Baseball Pro – Flick Sports has proven a successful franchise for Freeverse – can they continue that success while taking on the boys of summer?
- Hatchlings – Capcom’s latest iPhone entry is an arcade puzzler about a Gecko with a hammer for a tail. It’s also notable for being among the first Capcom games to join the OpenFeint network.
- Iron Man 2 – Based on the major motion picture of the same name, the latest Iron Man game left us wanting like movie games often do. (Review)
- MLB Power Pros Touch 2010 – There may be a lot of chatter about Flick Baseball, but the one baseball title that may trump all others has quietly snuck on to the App Store. MLB licensed teams meet classic Power Pros action in this sequel to last year’s homerun hidden gem.
- Monster Mayhem – Defend the graveyard gates in Chillingo’s latest that mashes up castle defense and shooter gameplay. (Review)
- Ninjatown: Trees of Doom – Survival gameplay gets a cute ninja makeover in this new release about scaling trees and surviving obstacles. (Review)
- Sword & Poker 2 – It plays a lot like the original, but new spells, new dungeons and new tweaks make this poker RPG sequel even better than the first. (Review)
Did we miss anything? Be sure to tell us what great games you discovered this week in the comments!