Each week hundreds of new games hit the App Store, vying for your dollars. Join us every Friday as we sort through the pile and let you know which games should be on your radar. This week sees the return of a critically acclaimed adventure series on the iPhone, an EA Sports title based on the biggest soccer showdown in the world, and dogs playing poker.
New iPhone Games This Week is a new feature on Gamezebo. Be sure to check back every Friday to discover the latest and greatest games that have just surfaced on the App Store!
- 1112 Episode 2 – The long-awaited sequel to the hand-drawn adventure game 1112 finally hit the App Store this week, and it outshines its predecessor in every conceivable fashion.
- Above & Below – Vertical shooters get the World War I treatment in the first of two releases this week from Pastel Games.
- Dogs Playing Poker – We’re still shocked that it took someone this long to make a poker game based on the Dogs Playing Poker paintings of Cassius Coolidge. A single-player poker experience with some outstanding AI competition, this is a casino game that’s paws and claws above the rest.
- FIFA World Cup – With little more than a month to go until the World Cup kicks off in South Africa, Electronic Arts have released a portable version of the world’s biggest footie championship that many are saying improves upon last year’s FIFA iPhone release.
- Linkin Park 8-Bit Rebellion – Linkin Park are back, and this time they’re 8-bit! The nu-metal band made its video game debut this week in this eclectic platformer.
- Shadow Edge – Do battle with monsters in this twin stick shooter, the second Pastel game in this week’s new release list.
Did we miss anything? Be sure to tell us what great games you discovered this week in the comments!