- Pet Society is an interactive social game developed by Playfish that can be played at popular networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace, and Bebo. This walkthrough follows the Facebook game which has just celebrated its 1 year anniversary with over 21 million players logging in daily to play.
- The game has 47 levels and can be played indefinitely after you reach the final level.
- You create your own individualized pet with over 190 million possible combinations of features. Name your pet and move into your Pet Society.
- You are responsible to maintain your pet’s happiness, hygiene, and health.
- Pet Society pets do not die they just get very dirty and attract flies if you don’t keep them clean. If you wait too long your pet will even go to the bathroom and if you’re lucky you could gain the golden or Rainbow Poo.
- The objects in the pet’s world can be interactive. A pet can sit in chairs, turn on a television, carry an object, laugh, tell jokes, dance and many other activities.
- You can buy items for your pet’s home which will start at 1 bedroom with 1 front garden and by the time you finish the game you will have 10 bedrooms and 2 gardens. You could have 14 bedrooms if you choose to purchase 4 extra large bedrooms available for special Pet Society Currency.
- The game changes weekly offering holiday themes and tributes to customs from all over the world. The items in the games stores are updated every Sunday at 7pm EST or Midnight
- If your pet is ever doing something you do not want it to such as eating a valuable piece of food you can stop him by immediately opening your chest which halts all activity of your pet.
- If you visit all of your neighbor’s daily to earn money choose the hugging activity as it takes the shortest amount of time to perform of all the activities and will help you get through faster.
- If you have cash shop coins and can afford the special shoes they will cut your visit time down significantly as they cause your pet to walk and move much faster.
- When buying seeds for the garden only buy a small amount at a time. There are always new vegetables and flowers and since you do not know what you are going to get when you plant a seed it increases your odds of getting the new items if you only buy a very small amount of seeds as you use them. If you buy 300 seeds then add 20 to it you will not see the new items for quite awhile.
- If you purchase a Nannybot you will no longer earn coins for bathing, playing or eating so only buy the Nannybot if you are doing well financially.
- Mystery Box Trick – You will need to do this with a neighbor you trust. If you purchase a mystery box and you get an item you do not want immediately hit the refresh/reload button on your browser and it will go back into the box. If you hit the green accept button then it is too late and this will not work. After you reload gift the box to your neighbor and it will become a different item. Have that person gift it back to you and this will increase your odds of getting an item you want. NOTE – This sometimes does not work with clothing items. If you get a clothing item it goes into your wardrobe and does not always reload. With other items this works well.
- If you have an item in your house that you can not find first use the search box in your chest using different words to find it. If that does not work you may need to pull items out of a room as some items hide behind others. If an item gets stuck scroll the room view until you find an angle to reach it.
- If you lose your soap, jump rope, ball or Frisbee open your chest and place your mouse on the empty box. Click the left mouse button and while holding down drag the cursor out of the box and your item will reappear inside the box.
- If you have Cash shop coins purchase the hat, glove and vest for fishing. This outfit will guarantee that you catch the best fish and you will never catch any of the garbage or debris in the pond.
- If you have cash shop coins purchase the hamster wheel and the treadmill as they will increase your chances of winning regular races in the stadium.
- If you visit 50 friends every day you will earn at least 1500 coins daily.
- If you have the time after you feed and visit 50 friends close the game and reopen it and feed them again. (You can only earn money for visiting once per 24 hours but you can feed an unlimited number of times if their health meter is not full.)
- Buy a large amount of 5 coin foods such as apples and pears and feed one to every friend you visit. This will increase your profits as you will receive 7 coins for feeding a pet so you will net 2 coins for every feeding on top of the coins you make for visiting your neighbor.
- A way to earn a lot of paw points is to buy several bottle of the “Effect Away” from the mystery shop. Each time your pet drinks a bottle they will earn 17 “Paw Points” which will move you up to your next level faster.
- TIME SAVER!! –Your pet will do a little dance after opening a gift or a mystery box and this can take a lot of time if you have many boxes to open. As soon as the pet begins to do the dance, immediately click on your chest to stop this action and your pet will move on to the next item to open.
(Sophie – Full Game Screen)
- This is a shot of a full game screen and all of the important elements are labeled with a brief description.
- If you need a more detailed description search for the topic below.
- A.”Add Coins”,”Earn Coins”, “Add Playfish Cash” – Click on any of these three buttons to add or earn coins for your game.
- B. Mail – When you see this envelope Icon you have a message or a package waiting to be opened.
- C. Game Controls – The five buttons here from left to right. Save, Expand to full screen, Sharpen Image Quality, Toggle Music, Toggle Sound Effects on and off.
- D. Money on Hand – This gold text is the total of gold coins you have available to spend in the game.
- E. Playfish Cash – This blue text is the number of Blue Playfish Coins you have on hand to spend in the game.
- F. Score – This is your score which is your cumulative amount of “Paw Points” you have earned in the game. You will see the name of your level underneath and in the green circle to the right the level of the game you are on. (See below for level names and scores)
- G. House Map – This is the map of the house and how you navigate from room to room in your house and in your neighbor’s houses. When in a neighbor’s house it is their map that appears in the upper right corner. Click on a room here to go into it. NOTE – The two rooms on the outer bottom left and right are the front and back gardens.
- H. Wellness Meters – Red – Health Meter, Green -Happiness Meter, Blue – Hygiene Meter.
- I. This is the control panel to maneuver around the game. Left to right – Leave House, Wardrobe, Chest, Globe, Message, Camera, Sticker Collection, Cookbook.
- J. Special Active Features – Any active feature in your game can be seen by clicking on this “+” sign in the lower right corner. It toggles open and closed.
- K. Friends – The bottom area is your friends area. Only six friends at a time will show and you can scroll through them using the arrows at the sides. The top arrow moves one at a time and the middle moves 5 at a time. The bottom arrow moves all the way to the front or back of your friend list. The friends are listed in order of score and are ranked and categorized based on active or inactive status. (See more below)
- L. Invite – Click here if you wish to invite friends to the game and to your neighborhood.
(Zebo is Born!)
- When you first begin the game you will be asked to design your own pet.
- You will choose your pet’s gender and name and then design your pet choosing face shape, nose, eyes, markings, eyebrows, ears, mouth and color.
- You can always visit the salon for a makeover if you ever want to change anything about your pet including the name. There is a charge to change these items on your pet.
- A. Choose the color of your pet here.
- B. This is the panel which allows you to choose the individual features of your pet. From left to right they are: Face shape, markings, nose, eyebrows, eyes, and mouth.
- C. This shows you what your pet is going to look like. As you mouse over a feature or click on it you can test out how each feature looks before you make a final decision.
- D. Name and Gender – Here you will enter your Pet’s name and gender.
- E. Final Decision -Once you have completed your pet click on this arrow to finalize.
Moving in Day
- Once you complete your pet you will find yourself in your pet’s house.
- You start with very meager beginnings. 5,000 in cash. A home with one room, a front garden, and a few items to get you started.
- A. Here you see the panel that shows you how many rooms your pet has.
- Above you see there is 1 room and 1 garden located on the far right. Click on these areas to move from one room to another.
- B. This is the control panel that you will use throughout the game.
- Listed from left to right:
- Door – Click here if you want to go outside of your pet’s house and walk around to the various stores, stadium, fishing pond, to visit your neighbors or to take out a loan at the bank.
- Clothing- Here you will find all of your pets clothing stored. When you purchase clothing from the clothing store it will automatically go here.
- Once you click on the shirt you will drag the clothing item to your pet. There are hundreds of clothing items available from rings, shoes, hats, shirts, dresses and costumes. You can zoom in for a closer look or a faraway view while in the clothing area. You can also drag clothing items to your pet’s wall and it will automatically be shown on a clothes hanger which allows you to build a closet or dressing room for your pet if you choose.
- Chest – This is your most used feature in the game. This chest stores all of your valuable items in the game. The first few items are always your soap, brush, and toy to keep your pet happy. TIP – If you ever can’t find one of these items click on the area where it should be and hold your left mouse button down while dragging it. This will cause the item to re-appear in this area.
- When you click on your chest it will open and freeze the scene above allowing you to drag items to and from it. Once you close the chest all items will go back to moving again.
- TIP – If you ever see your pet eating an item you do not wish for it to eat, quickly click on your chest to stop the action. This has saved many a valuable items from being eaten in the game.
- Globe – Click on the globe as a shortcut to go to any store, the stadium, the pond, and bank. A menu with these areas will open up. Simply click on the area you wish to go.
- Comment Area – The smiley with the “?” allows you to post a message about your pet on your Facebook profile. NOTE – If you purchase a ticker for the game this is where you will type in the message that will scroll across your ticker. Tickers can be purchased in the gadget shop.
- Camera – Pet Society has a wonderful feature of allowing you to take pictures of your pets in all kinds of situations. The pictures come in 3 formats, Room – Take a picture of the entire room, Close Up – Take a picture of your pet close up. Profile – Take a picture of your pet with no other background items showing. These pictures will save to your Facebook photo album and you can share them with family and friends.
- Sticker Collection – Click here to access you sticker collection. Each player can gift and be gifted stickers with bronze, silver and gold borders. The collections are broken down into various categories. (See Sticker Collecting below) You can also see your neighbor’s sticker collections by clicking on this icon in their homes.
- Cookbook –Click here to access your cookbook and cook various foods to sell back for a profit.
- Wellness Meters – Note on the right side of the screen you will see 3 meters.
- Health – This is the top red meter and measures your pet’s health. To increase the reading on this meter you must feed your pet. (See feeding pet below)
- Happiness – This is the middle green meter which measures your pet’s happiness. To increase the reading on this meter you must play with your pet or interact in some way. This can be done by visiting a friend or taking the toy out of the chest and playing ball, jump rope, or Frisbee with your pet.(See Playing with your pet for more details)
- Hygiene – This is the bottom blue meter which measures your pet’s hygiene level. To increase the reading on this meter you must wash your pet. (See washing your pet below for more details.)
- NOTE – Each of these activities will earn you coins with the exception of the bathtub which will clean your pet but will not earn you coins.
- Nannybots- You can now purchase a Nannybot for 400 coins from the Gadget store which will keep your pet clean, fed and happy. (See Nannybot below)
- Money – In the upper left hand corner you will see the amount of money your pet has on hand to spend.
- The blue text to the right of the gold shows how much cash shop currency you have. Cash shop currency must be purchased in the bank or cash shop using real currency. Several payment methods are offered as well as a few ways to earn free coins. (See Currency Below)
- Tutorial/Trophy Book – The green book at the upper left side of your screen is your tutorial book. This book gives you a list of items to perform that will help you to orientate to the game and its features. Once you complete a task it checks off the list and a new one appears.
- If you complete all the items you will receive a game diploma.
- Once you have completed the tutorial you can access the list of trophies you have earned in the game. (See Trophies below. for more information.)
- Once daily when you first log in you will be asked to play the daily lottery.
- Spin the wheel and whatever the arrow lands on will be added to your cash total.
- The bar at the right fills up every day and when you have 5 consecutive days of logging in a prize will be added to the wheel which is shown under the “2000” area in the image above.
- If you land on the prize it will move into your chest AND you will receive whatever amount of money that is listed with it.
- If you do not win the prize will appear again the next day but will be in a new location each time.
- The prize will change from time to time. The first prize is an Anteater Plushie doll which can be sold back or gifted to a friend so you are allowed to have more than one of these items in your chest.
- The wheel values range from 20 to 2000 coins and only 1 spin per day is allowed.
Game Updates/New Items added Weekly
- Every Thursday at Midnight GMT 3 new Mystery Boxes are added to the game.
- Every Sunday at Midnight GMT new items are added to all of the stores and follow a theme.
- New Fish, Flowers, Trees, Dishes, Fruit and other features are added to the game regularly.
- The game has a great newsletter that allows you to see the new items each week.
- Sign up for Newsletter at – http://www.petsociety.com
Game Levels – Points Needed to achieve Level – Name of Level – Upgrades Awarded
- Pet Society has 47 levels and when each level is achieved you will receive upgraded items to use in your home along with a small cash bonus. In levels 3, 5, 11, 17, 23,29, 35, 41 and 47 you will earn a new house that is larger and adds another room you can decorate. Each level has a name which is located top center under your numerical score. The early levels are reached quickly but when you reach level 23 the game becomes much more difficult as there are 22,000 points between levels. If you play daily the average person takes 6 months to complete the levels. The names of each level, the points you need to reach that level and the upgraded items you will earn are listed below. There is a picture of each new house in those levels. The main items that upgrade are the television, the soap, jump rope, and Frisbee. NOTE – Once you reach level 47 the game is not over. You can play the game forever if you choose. Your points will continue to increase which can change your ranking on your friend’s lists.
- Getting Started
- New Arrival
- Beach Ball, Coin Bonus
- Larger House with two rooms, Basic Frisbee, Coin Bonus
- Playful Pet
- Skipping Rope, Coin Bonus
- Fresh Face
- Larger House with three rooms, Portable TV, Coin Bonus
- Promising Prospect
- Upgraded Soap, Coin Bonus
- One To Watch
- Upgraded Ball, Coin Bonus
- Growing Talent, Coin Bonus
- Upgraded Brush
- High Achiever
- Upgraded Frisbee, Coin Bonus
- Popular Pet
- Back Garden, Upgraded Skipping Rope, Coin Bonus
- Influential Pet
- Larger House with four rooms, Digital TV, Coin Bonus
- Rising Star
- Super Soap, Coin Bonus
- Established Presence
- Super Ball, Coin Bonus
- Society Stalwart
- Super Brush, Coin Bonus
- Famous Pet
- Super Frisbee, Coin Bonus
- Media Darling
- Super Skipping Rope, Coin Bonus
- High Profile Pet
- Larger House with five rooms, Plasma TV, Coin Bonus
- VIP Pet
- Lovely Soap, Coin Bonus
- Celebrity Pet
- Golden Ball, Coin Bonus
- It Pet
- Golden Brush, Coin Bonus
- A-List Pet
- Golden Frisbee, Coin Bonus
- Renowned Pet
- Golden Skipping Rope, Coin Bonus
- Superstar Pet
- Larger House with six rooms, Coin Bonus
- Hollywood Pet
- Aqua Soap, Coin Bonus
- Megastar Pet
- Pro Ball, Coin Bonus
- Platinum Pet
- Crystal Brush, Coin Bonus
- Uberstar Pet
- Star Frisbee, Coin Bonus
- Ultimate Achiever
- Expert Skipping Rope, Coin Bonus
- Superb Pet
- Larger House with seven rooms, Coin Bonus
- Heroic Pet
- Golden Star Soap, Coin Bonus
- Royal Pet
- Crystal Ball, Coin Bonus
- Historic Pet
- Ruby Brush, Coin Bonus
- Super Pet
- Gem Frisbee, Coin Bonus
- All-Time Great
- Star Skipping Rope, Coin Bonus
- Ultimate Pet
- Bigger House with eight rooms, Coin Bonus
- Ruby Renowned Pet
- Heart Soap, Coin Bonus
- Ruby Superstar Pet
- Ruby Ball, Coin Bonus
- Ruby Hollywood Pet
- Sapphire Brush, Coin Bonus
- Ruby Megastar Pet
- Sapphire Frisbee, Coin Bonus
- Ruby Platinum Pet
- Ruby Skipping Rope, Coin Bonus
- Ruby Uberstar Pet
- Bigger House with nine rooms, Coin Bonus
- Ruby Ultimate Achiever Pet
- Sapphire Heart Soap, Coin Bonus
- Ruby Superb Pet
- Sapphire Ball, Coin Bonus
- Ruby Heroic Pet
- Rainbow Brush, Coin Bonus
- Ruby Royal Pet
- Rainbow Frisbee, Coin Bonus
- Ruby Historic Pet
- Sapphire Skipping Rope, Coin Bonus
- Ruby Super Pet
- Coin Bonus
Learning the Basics of the Game
- After you study the game elements above click on the green book at the upper left side of the screen. It will lead you through a list of activities to familiarize you with the game.
- Once you are in your new house it is a good idea to click on the green book at the top left and follow the tutorial.
- The tutorial will walk you through the following tasks.
- NOTE – You will earn 30 Coins for every task you complete on the list.
- 1. Feed your Pet.
- 2. Clean your Pet.
- 3. Play with your pet.
- 4. Add furniture to your room.
- 5. Dress your Pet.
- 6. Go outside.
- 7. Visit a friend.
- 8. Send a gift.
- 9. Run a race at the stadium.
- 10. Plant a flower
- 11. Go to the Food Shop.
- 12. Go to the furniture Shop.
- 13. Go to the Mystery Shop.
- 14. Go Fishing.
- 15. Buy a Flower Seed.
- 16. Plant a Flower Seed.
- 17. Wait until your Flower Grows.
- 18. Pick your Flower.
- Collect your graduation diploma.
- NOTE – More items will be added to this list as new features are added to the game.
Using the Camera/Taking Pictures in the Game
- When you find a scene in the game you wish to take a picture of click on the Camera at the bottom left of the screen.
- You will be asked if you want to approve each photo individually or if they will be placed in a Facebook album where you can approve them all at once at another time. Choose your preferred method.
- Next you choose the type of picture.
- Room/Scene – This will show the entire room without your pet.
- Closeup- This will show a closeup of your pet in the scene.
- Portrait – This image will be of your pet only with no other background images.
- After you take a picture you have the option of posting it on your Facebook profile along with a message.
- All of your Pet Society photos will be kept in an album for your friends and family to see.
- Pictures can be taken in all areas of the game.
Inside your Inventory Chest
- Click on the chest along the bottom center of your screen.
- This is where all of your inventory except for clothing will be kept.
- There are several pages available to hold items.
- Each person is allowed a maximum of 99 of each item with the exception of a few special items that can not be sold.
- You are not allowed to have more than 20,000 items in your chest at a time. If this happens the overflow items will be sold and the cash added to your grand total.
- A. Cash Register – Drag an item from inside your chest here to sell it back to the store for coins. NOTE – Cash shop items can NOT be sold back for coins or gifted to friends.
- B. Recycle Bin – Items can be recycled here (See Recycle Items below for more details) Drag an item to the recycle bin and then hit the green check mark button to accept. Most items can be recycled and some items such as fish and debris from the pond can only be recycled.
- C. These are the items you start out with when you begin the game. (Excluding the apples and strawberries seen above) The items outlined in yellow are always in your chest and will be upgraded as you move up in levels in the game. They can not be gifted or sold. They can be stored in the chest or in your house.
- D. This is the search box for your chest. Type in the first few letters or the entire name of the item and it will appear. This is a big time saver if you have many pages to scroll through.
- E. Gift Area – If you wish to gift an item to a friend drag the item to this gift, choose the person you wish to send it to and hit the green check mark button. (See Gifting Friends for more details about gifting below.)
Special symbols next to items in Chest
- You may see special symbols next to items in your chest such as the ones above.
- Yellow Dot – This means the item was purchased in the Cash Shop and cannot be sold back or gifted to another.
- Question Mark – This means an item is from a Mystery Box and can be sold back for coins.
- Sparkling Colors – This is a magic item which causes an effect on your pet such as sparkles, colors, bubbles, etc. (See Potions and Magic food for more information about this.)
- Special Symbols – You may see symbols such as Christmas Trees (which mean an item can only be used on a tree) or a Halloween Jack ‘o Lantern (which means it can only be used with a pumpkin)
- These symbols usually indicate a restriction of some kind and limitations to where an item can be used or if it can be sold/gifted or not.
Feeding your Pet
Feeding your Pet and Neighbor’s Pets
- Go to the food store and purchase a food item and make sure you have some in your chest for future feedings.
- Drag the food to your pet and either hand it directly to them or place it on the floor and they will walk to it.
- The pet will eat the item and you will see the level of the red meter increase and a heart will appear above your pet or neighbor’s pet.
- NOTE – If you catch your pet eating something you do not want them to eat quickly click on the chest to open it and this will halt the action but you must be fast. Once you hear the pet giggle it is too late.
- Each food has a different level of energy replenishment it offers a pet.
Percentage of Health and Energy Certain Foods give to your Pet
(Shop Fruits and Vegetables listed only)
- Apple 15%
- Watermelon 20%
- Pear 15%
- Cauliflower 15%
- Broccoli 15%
- Lemon 15%
- Strawberry 20%
- Grapes 27%
- Onion 15%
- Bread 30%
- Pineapple 50%
- Corn 15%
- Banana 25%
- Leek 15%
- Carrot 21%
Washing your Pet and your Neighbor’s Pets
(Zebo washing with Soap)
Pet Washes Self
- Drag the soap from your chest area and either hand it to your pet or set it on the ground and the pet will pick it up and wash.
- Soap can be left out or put back after use.
- You will earn 3 to 8 coins depending on how dirty your pet is.
Using A Tub or Shower
(Sophie washing in Maggie’s Jacuzzi)
(Sophie taking a Shower)
- You can also have your pet jump into a bathtub in your or your neighbor’s home.
- Click on the tub and your pet will jump inside.
- NOTE – You will NOT earn coins when your pet gets clean this way but the hygiene meter will increase.
- To have your Nannybot wash your pet click on the Nannybot and she will automatically do so. NOTE – You will not earn coins if Nannybot cleans your pet. (See more about Nannybot below.)
Playing with your Pet and your Neighbor’s Pets
- There are various ways to play with your pet in the game.
- The first way is throwing the ball with your pet.
- After a few levels you will be able to jump rope and throw the Frisbee with your pet.
- Ball – Drag the ball from your chest and the pet will pick it up and throw it. When the ball is in the air click on it before it hits the ground.
- Continue to keep the ball off of the ground for as long as possible. You will win a trophy at certain scores in the game. You earn 1 coin every other throw.
- Frisbee – Drag the Frisbee from the chest to your pet and just like the ball click on the Frisbee to keep it moving back and forth. Once it hits the ground the game is over. You earn 1 coin every other throw.
- Jump Rope – Give the jump rope to your pet. He or she will pick it up and jump rope with it. Place your mouse on the pet’s face or belly for best results. Click whenever you see the rope turn red. You earn 1 coin every other jump.
- Note that these items will upgrade as you progress through the levels of the game.
- You can play with your pet and with your neighbor’s pets to increase happiness on the green meter and to earn coins.
Ways to earn Coins in Pet Society
(Check above and below for more specifics on each of these topics)
- Wash your Pet
- Wash Neighbor’s Pet
- Feed Pet
- Feed Neighbor’s Pet
- Walk around outside through the trees
- Visit Neighbors
- Pro Racing
- Betting on Races
- Play with Pet
- Play with Neighbor’s Pet
- Sell Homegrown Veggies, Flowers and Fruit
- Sell back items in your chest
- Cook items and sell back.
- Trade items with other players – See Advanced Topics
Leaving your House
Leaving your House to Shop/Visit Outside
(Sophie visiting Stores)
- When you click on the globe at the bottom of your screen you will see this menu.
- These are the locations you can visit in the game.
- Click on a location to visit.
- You can also click on the door of the room you are in to leave the house then walk to the store you wish to enter and click on it.
- Click on the house icon at the bottom left side of the screen to return at any time.
Walking around outside to earn coins
(Zebo and Sophie walking around their Neighborhoods)
- Click on the door of any room you are in and you will find your pet outside.
- Drag your mouse around the screen holding the left mouse button down and your pet will follow you.
- Walking through the trees will result in your finding coins that will automatically add to your total.
- NOTE – The more friends you have the more trees you will have and the more money you can earn.
- Once you find all of the trees empty you can go back inside your house and then leave it again and there will be more coins in the trees for you to find.
- NOTE – Purchasing the “Lucky Penny” from the cash shop will increase the amount of coins you can find in the trees. Combine the lucky penny and the special speed shoes and you can earn a lot of money this way.
- On Special holidays such as Easter and Halloween special prizes are hidden in the trees along with coins. At Halloween there was candy that could be sold or eaten by pets and at Easter there were collectible Easter eggs that could also be sold.
- Check the trees regularly for surprises.
- The screen shots here were taken in Winter and the scenes will change with the seasons.
Visiting Neighbors to Earn Coins
(Sophie visiting Sknarf)
- Every 24 hours you can visit the friends in your neighborhood to earn coins.
- Friends are categorized as either Active or Inactive. If they have played the game in the past 24 hours they will be listed as Active.
- For each active friend you visit you will earn 30 coins up to a maximum of 50 neighbor pets per day.
- The next 25 active friends will earn you 20 coins per visit.
- After that all remaining active pets will earn you 15 coins per visit.
- If you have visited less than 100 pets any inactive pet will earn you 15 coins per visit.
- If you visit more than 100 active pets in a day you will only earn 5 coins for each inactive pet you visit.
- Once you are in a friend’s house you can earn additional coins by feeding and washing their pet.
- NOTE – To visit 50 friends can take several hours. If you choose to do this it is highly recommended you purchase the special shoes to increase your speed in the game.
How to visit your Neighbors
(Image – Star and Zebo having fun in Star’s Winter Wonderland)
(Zebo Looking at his Friend list)
- To visit a friend in the game look at the bottom of the screen for the list of your neighbors.
- You will see your friends listed in order of rank based on their point score. The highest score will be at the far right with “1” at the top and the lowest score will be at the end at the far left.
- The arrows on each side will scroll through your friend list in one of 3 ways. Top arrow – scrolls one friend at a time. Middle arrow – scrolls 5 friends at a time. Bottom Arrow – Takes you all the way to the beginning or the end of your friend list depending on which side you choose.
- Along the top you will see three tabs.
- All – If you click on this tab you will see all of your friends. If a friend has not been visited in that day it will have a darker hue to it. Once you visit a friend it will turn white.
- Active – When you visit a friend that has been recently active in the game you will earn 30 coins once a day for visiting them. This tab will show you only your active friends to save you time if you choose to only visit those that earn you the most money per day.
- Visits – This tab will show you all the friends you have visited in the game so far and makes it easier for you to decide where to go next.
- To visit a friend simply click on their tab below. You will see their pet and their Facebook profile picture along with their pet’s name and owner’s name.
(Click on the green button to visit a Pet when prompted)
- You will be prompted before you go to your friends house and it will ask you if you want to visit. Click the green check mark and you are on your way.
Inside Your Friend’s House
(Sophie visiting Gertrude’s house)
(Sophie visiting Maggie’s House)
- This is the first thing you will see when you enter your friend’s house.
- You will be asked to do one of the following items on this list.
- The items that are crossed out with a red “X” mean these tasks can not be done in that pet’s home. In this example the TV is crossed out because there is no TV in Sophie’s home.
- The symbols from top to bottom and left to right are as follows: Kiss, Fight, Dance, Tell a Joke, watch TV, hug and listen to the radio.
- Each task takes a few moments to complete. TIP – Hugging is the shortest activity so if you are doing a lot of visits be sure to choose the hug when visiting friends.
- After you greet your friend by the activity you choose you will hear and see coins falling around your pet. These are the 15, 20, or 30 coins you have earned by visiting your friend. Each friend will earn you coins once a day only every 24 hours. (See earning coins by visiting below)
- The clock resets on visits at 7PM EST. If you do not get your visits in you will lose the money for that day.
- Once you are in a friend’s house you can look around, interact with the items in their home. You can clean your neighbor’s pet, feed them, send them gifts. You can also send your friend a message, view their trophies and sticker collections.
- Your friends house map will be at the upper right now instead of yours. To move from one from one room to another in their house use the map at the upper right.
When you are ready to leave either click on the house icon at the bottom left or click on another friend to go to their house.
(Zebo Shopping at the Food Store)
(Choose Food Store)
- Once you go inside a store you will see many items available to purchase.
- Choose the item by clicking on it and you will see a screen like the one in the image above.
- You can choose the quantity by scrolling up or down on the “+” or “-” signs.
- When ready hit the green arrow.
- The items you have purchased will move into your chest or clothing area.
- Items with the gold lettering are purchased with gold coins and items with blue lettering are purchased with Cash Shop coins or Playfish
- Cash shop items can be found in any of the other stores as well be sure to refer to the lettering to be sure which currency you need.
How to shop in the Stores
(Travel Menu (Globe)
- Garden Store – Here you can purchase seeds for flowers, vegetables, and trees. You can also purchase plants, flower pots and items for your garden such as lawn furniture, gazebos and grills. At Christmas time you can purchase Christmas trees and decor here. You can also purchase aquariums to place the fish you catch at the pond here in various sizes. (See more details below)
- D.I.Y. (Do it Yourself Store) Here you can buy items to spruce up your houses such as wallpapers, flooring, doors and windows. You can buy some furniture items here but mainly things like bird feeders and decor. There is a weekly special in each store and items are updated weekly.
- Cash Shop – Here is a special store for those people who purchase the special cash shop coins. (Blue Coins) The items here have special abilities such as bouncy toys which bounce all around your pet’s house or glow in the dark items. Cash shop coins can be purchases in the Cash shop’s ATM machine or in the Bank.
- Clothes – The clothing store sells shoes, shirts, pants, dresses, and many different costumes. There are new items every week and the clothing tends to follow a weekly theme based on the time of year. You can also purchase wigs for you pets here in various colors and shapes.
- Food – Here you can purchase all kinds of foods for your pet along with balloons and decor that goes along with foods. There are weekly specials and the food shop upgrades once a week.
- Furniture – Here you can buy all kinds of furniture for your house. Chairs, sofas, beds, bathtubs, find it all here. The store has weekly specials and upgrades weekly.
- Luxury – Here you can buy the high end items of the game. Diamond rings, stair cases, lava lamps, gum ball machines, all the fun items you don’t really need but really want to have in your home. The highest priced items tend to be in this store.
- Mystery Store – Here you can purchase mystery boxes (See Mystery Boxes below) Potions, (See potions) and mystery food that has special effects on your pets for a limited amount of time. You can also purchase surprise eggs with items you can use in your home or sell back for coins.
- Gadget Shop – Buy electronics here. Computers, stereos, vacuum cleaners, sewing machines and Nannybots. Anything that is a gadget is found here.
- Stylist – You can bring your pet here to purchase a change in name, gender, and any feature of your pet at any time.
This Week’s Special/Just Arrived/Holiday Special
- In each store you may see signs that say “This Weeks Special (TWS) This means the items will be in the store for one week only and will disappear at midnight GMT the following Monday.
- Just Arrived – These are new items in the stores that will most likely stay in the store for a long period of time or the end of a Holiday season.
- Holiday Specials – These items will only be in stores until a designated date listed above the item during a holiday season.
Selling Back Items
(Selling back the “Cute Chair”)
- Any item you purchase in the game can be sold back for 1/3 of what you paid for it.
- Choose the item you wish to sell from the chest and drag it to the cash register at the upper left side.
- Enter in the quantity of that item you wish to sell using the “+” and “-” keys.
- When you are ready to sell hit the green check mark button and the money will go into your cash total of gold coins.
- There are several items in the game that can not be sold back and the game will alert you when that is the case.
Other Locations your pet can visit (See more specifics on each location below)
- Bank – Visit here to take out a loan and purchase cash shop coins. You can also fill out surveys and earn free coins.
- Pond – Visit here to catch fish to add to your aquariums.
- Stadium – Visit here to run races, bet on races or practice racing.
- Cafe – Join the Cafe club and you can visit people that are not on your friend list and see inside their homes. Purchase coffee machines, tasty snacks and drinks as well as coffee mugs and cups here too.
- The Pet Society Cafe is the gathering place in town.
- You can purchase snacks here such as Biscotti, Cheesecake, and Drinks such as Cappuccino, and Iced Coffees.
- You can also purchase Espresso Machines, Mugs and Coffee Cups.
- You are given the option to join the Cafe Club as seen in the image above. If you join then every time you visit the Cafe there will be 9 pets in the Cafe that you can click on and visit them inside of their homes, clean, and feed for coins and send notes to their owners.
- NOTE – These pets belong to people that are NOT on your friend list. Joining this club allows you to contact them and they can contact you but nothing more than your first name, pet’s name and level will be made available to anyone who sees your pet.
- You can remove yourself from the club at any time if you wish.
- NOTE – This is a great way to make new friends and to see what others are doing with their homes and pets.
- TIP – If you see a pet in the Cafe with flies on it you can make a lot of coins cleaning this pet so always choose pets with flies in the Cafe if you spot them.
Clothing/Dressing your Pet
(Zebo purchasing Clothing)
- This is where you buy all clothing items for your pet.
- The store accepts either gold pet society coins or blue Playfish Cash Coins.
- You can purchase costumes, hats, wigs, glasses, shoes, dresses, shirts, pants and jewelry here.
Purchasing an item of Clothing
- Click on the item you wish to purchase and enter in the quantity then hit the green button to purchase.
- All purchased items will go into your wardrobe.
- If you click on an item of clothing you will see your pet pictured above wearing that article of clothing so you can decide if you like how it looks on your pet before you purchase.
Dressing your Pet/Wardrobe
(Sophie wearing different outfits)
- There are thousands of combinations of outfits your pets can wear in the game.
- Every week there are new outfits available for purchase.
- Wigs, jewelry, hats, shoes, glasses and pants are available in the clothing and luxury stores.
How to put on and change clothing
(Sophie’s many looks)
- Click on the icon on the Control Panel that looks like a shirt and is circled in the top image.
- Once open the scene will zoom in for a closer look. Click on the magnifying glass if you prefer the scene to zoom out again.
- If the pet is wearing clothing click on it with your mouse and while holding the left mouse button down drag it down into the clothing area and click to make it go back into inventory.
- Choose the items you wish to dress your pet with and click on them with your mouse holding down the left mouse button drag the clothing to the pet and they will move into the correct area.
- Note only one bangle or ring can be worn per hand or arm.
- NOTE – If you buy gloves for your pet they are sold one at a time.
(Sophie wearing wigs)
- Wigs are available for purchase in the Clothing store and at times in the luxury store.
- Some are available for gold coins and some only can be purchased with cash shop coins.
- New wigs are added at intervals.
- Wigs are stored with clothing. Drag wig to your pet’s head to place it.
- NOTE – Hair bands and hats can be worn over wigs.
- Take wigs off by dragging while holding down left mouse button and place inside wardrobe.
Special Shoes to Increase speed in the Game
- These are the 3 special pairs of shoes you can purchase in the Cash Shop to increase your pet’s speed.
- This will lessen the amount of time it takes to do your daily visits and to open gifts and run races.
- The numbers in blue text are the price of the shoes in cash shop currency.
- The shoes will go to the clothing chest when you purchase them and MUST be worn by the pet to be active in the game.
- TIP – Purchase these shoes to get through your daily neighbor visits faster. They cut the time it takes down significantly.
Decorating your House and Garden
(Zebo moving in.
(Sophie Visiting Abby – Advanced level of game)
- Once you purchase the items you wish to place in your house they will all move to your chest.
- Go to the desired location and click on your chest to open it.
- Drag the item from chest onto the scene where you would like it to be placed.
- You can create literally millions of different scenes from the items available in the shops.
- If you don’t like the placement of an item open your chest drag the item back into the inventory area and begin again.
Giving a Gift to your Neighbor
- If you wish to give a gift to your neighbor there are 2 ways to do so.
- You can give a gift from your pet’s home by opening the chest and choosing the item you wish to give from inventory.
- Drag the item to the pink gift on the right side of the screen.
- A screen will pop up asking you who to give the gift to.
- Type in the Neighbor’s name or the first few letters and when you see their name click on it and it will become circled in green.
- If you would like to type a message to go along with your gift you can do so at this point.
- When everything is ready to send click on the green button.
- NOTE – The second way you can give a gift and if you want to make certain no mistakes are made go to your neighbor’s home, open your chest and drag the item you wish to gift right into the person’s home. This will cause the box to appear with only your friends name on it. Click on it so it is circled and proceed to write a note if you wish and hit the green button.
- NOTE –IF you are going to gift food to a neighbor and you want to leave a note do NOT do the dragging into the scene method. Place the item into the gift box and send it because dragging a food item into a scene will result in either your pet or your neighbor’s pet eating the food and your neighbor may never know you gave the gift. If you want your neighbor to know you sent food then you should always gift it in a gift box.
- NEW – New in Christmas of 2009 and February 2010 – Holiday Gift Wrapping. Now you can choose attractive gift wrapping to send your gifts in.
- Send the gift using the steps above and you will see the screen shown in image above. Choose the wrapping you wish to use. (You will have to pay for the wrapping ranging from 20 to 200 coins or you can send in the original pink wrapping free of charge.)
Receiving Gifts from your Neighbors
- When a friend sends you a gift you will find it waiting for you at your pet’s house in the main room.
- Simply click on it to open.
- There are 2 gardens in the game. You are given a front garden on the left side of the map when you start the game.
- When you reach level 10 you will have a back garden located on the right side of the room map at the upper right of the screen.
- You can plant, trees which yield fruits and treats, vegetables and flowers in your garden which can be sold for coins.
- Decorate your garden however you wish but the dirt mounds can not be removed.
- Go to the Garden shop to buy seeds for your garden.
Purchasing Seeds for your Gardens
Special Fertilizers for Trees, Vegetables and Flowers
- Seeds can be purchased in the Garden store with gold coins.
- Vegetable seeds are 100 coins each and take 24 hours to grow and several days to grow to full size.
- Flower seeds are 200 coins each and take 24 hours to grow to full maturity.
- Tree Seeds are 500 coins each and take 3 full days to grow to maturity and 5 to 7 days to start yielding fruit or treats which can be picked and sold back to the store. (See amounts below.)
- In the cash shop and in the Garden store you can purchase special fertilizers with cash shop currency.
- After you plant a seed in a dirt mound place a bottle of fertilizer on top and the plant or tree will grow to full maturity instantly.
- The bottles can only be used once and cost 1 or 2 cash shop coins each.
- If you leave a vegetable in the ground for too long it may become rotten.
- If this happens you can recycle the rotten plant for 1 point, sell it back for 1 coin, or have your pet eat it but it provides very little energy to your pet.
- You lose all money invested in seeds when a plant is rotten so check back frequently to protect your investment.
- In January 2010 “The Secret Garden” was added to Pet Society.
- To obtain a secret garden which is a tiny extension of your main garden that gives you two plots to plant in you will need to purchase the three Fairies in the Cash shop.
- Flower Fairy (Pink) – This Fairy costs 20 Cash Shop Coins and will cause your flowers to grow in half the time.
- Fruit Fairy (Orange) – This Fairy Costs 25 Cash Shop Coins and will cause your trees to grow 4 fruits instead of 3.
- Fairy Dust Fairy (Green) – This Fairy Costs 20 Cash Shop Coins and will reduce your chances of finding a rotten vegetable in your Garden by 50%.
- Purchase all 3 Fairies and you will be awarded with the secret Garden shown above.
You can see this Garden at the lower left side of the left Garden in the Room Map.
- Trees can be grown in your front or back Gardens and cost 500 coins per seed.
- NOTE – For general tree seeds you do not know what kind of tree you will get when you plant it. Some of the special tree seeds will tell you what kind of tree you will have at maturity.
- It takes 3 days for a tree seed to grow to full maturity UNLESS you have purchased fertilizer to speed up the process.
Types of Trees in Pet Society
- Types of Trees in the Game:
- Cupcake Tree
- Apple Tree
- Orange Tree
- Banana Tree
- Coconut Tree
- Strawberry Shortcake Tree
- Festive Holiday Tree
- Pine Tree (No Image)
- Chestnut Tree
- Halloween Lolly Tree
- Love Heart Cherry Tree
Selling Back Homegrown Fruits and Treats
- Types of Trees and what their yield sells and recycles for:
- Apple Tree – Apples sell for 65 coins each and can be recycled for 392 recycle points.
- Banana Tree – Bananas sell for 65 coins each and can be recycled for 392 recycle points.
- Orange Tree – Oranges sell for 65 coins each and can be recycled for 392 recycle points.
- Coconut Tree – Coconuts sell for 65 coins each and can be recycled for 392 recycle points.
- Chestnut Tree – Chestnuts sell for 85 coins each and can be recycled for 512 recycle points.
- Pine Tree – Pine cones sell for 65 coins each.
- Cherry – Cherries sell for 85 coins each and can be recycled for 512 recycle points.
- Cupcake Tree – Cupcakes sell for 85 coins each and can be recycled for 512 recycle points.
- Strawberry Shortcake Tree – Strawberry Shortcakes sell for 65 coins each and can be recycled for 392 recycle points.
- Festive Tree – Homegrown Festive Fruit sells for 85 coins each.
- Halloween Lolly Tree – Halloween Lollys sell for 85 coins each and can be recycled for 512 recycle points.
- Heart Love Tree – Grows Love Cherries sell for 85 coins each and can be recycled for 512 recycle points.
How to plant Trees, flowers and Veggies in your Garden
- Here you see images of items in a typical pet society garden.
- You can purchase seeds in the garden store to grow vegetables, flowers and trees that yield fruit every few days.
- Each Garden gives you 9 mounds of dirt in which you can plant flowers, vegetables or trees.
- When you purchase seeds they will move into your inventory.
- Drag a seed from your chest and drop it right over a mound of dirt to plant it.
- Once it is planted you can mouse over it to see how much time is left until it reaches full maturity.
(Veggies growing in Sophie’s Garden)
(Gigantic Veggies in Star’s Garden)
- As of this writing there are seven vegetables that can be grown in the Gardens and this number could change at any time.
- The vegetable seeds cost 200 gold coins each and take 1 full day to grow to the point it can be picked from the ground but it can reach several different sizes.
- The larger the vegetable the more money you will earn for it if you sell it back BUT there is also a chance the vegetable will become rotten if it stays in the ground for too long so it is a gamble as to how long to leave it in.
- TIP – 3 to 4 days is generally a good amount of time. More than a week almost always yields a rotten vegetable.
- Sweetheart Root
Homegrown Vegetable Growing Rate
- Tiny Homegrown (First Day)
- Very Small Homegrown (Second Day)
- Small Homegrown (Third Day)
- Below Average Homegrown (Fourth Day)
- Average Homegrown (Fifth Day)
- Above Average Homegrown (Sixth Day)
- Large Homegrown (Seventh Day)
- Very Large Homegrown (Eighth Day)
- Gigantic Homegrown (Ninth Day)
Paw Points earned by Selling Homegrown Vegetables
- Rotten = 1 Paw Points.
- 1 days (Tiny) = 2 Paw Points.
- 2 days (Very Small) = 2 Paw Points.
- 3 days (Small) = 6 Paw Points.
- 4 days (below average) = 10 Paw Points.
- 5 days (average) = 15 Paw Points.
- 6 days (above average) = 20 Paw Points.
- 7 days (large) = 25 Paw Points.
- 8 days (very large) = 30 Paw Points.
- 9 days (gigantic) = 50 Paw Points.
Homegrown Vegetables and the amounts they sell back and Recycle for.
(Star’s Vegetable Garden)
- The bigger the vegetables the more they sell back and recycle for.
- All vegetables sell for these amounts EXCEPT the Sweetheart Root. (Listed Below)
- 1 days (Tiny) sells = 104 coins = 626 recycle points
- 2 days (Very Small) sells = 121 coins = 734 recycle points
- 3 days (Small) sells = 140 coins = 842 recycle points
- 4 days (Below Average) sells = 165 coins = 992 recycle points
- 5 days (Average) sells = 182 coins = 1094 recycle points
- 6 days (Above Average) sells = 201 coins = 1208 recycle points
- 7 days (Large) sells = 241 coins = 1448 recycle points
- 8 days (Very Large) sells = 265 coins = 1592 recycle points
- 9 days (Gigantic) sells = 291 coins = 1748 recycle points
Sweetheart Root and the amounts it sells back and recycles for.
- The Sweetheart Root is the only rare hard to get Vegetable in the game and it sells and recycles for different amounts listed below.
- 1 days (Tiny) sells = 135 coins = 814 recycle points
- 2 days (Very Small) sells = 157 coins = 946 recycle points
- 3 days (Small) sells = 182 coins = 1096 recycle points
- 4 days (below average) sells = 215 coins = 1294 recycle points
- 5 days (average) sells = 237 coins = 1426 recycle points
- 6 days (above average) sells = 261 coins = 1569 recycle points
- 7 days (large) sells = 313 coins = 1882 recycle points
- 8 days (very large) sells = 345 coins = 2074 recycle points
- 9 days (gigantic) sells = 378 coins = 2272 recycle points
- Flower seeds cost 200 coins each in the Garden Shop.
- Plant the flower by dragging the seed to one of the dirt mounds in your front or back garden.
- Once planted your flower will reach full maturity in 24 hours.
- Once your flower is mature you can pick the flower by pulling it out of the ground. Use your mouse to click on the flower and while holding the left mouse button down slowly lift upwards until the flower lifts out of the ground and the sign appears telling you the flower has been sent to your chest.
- Flowers are kept in your chest where you can either gift them to friends, purchase a pot or planter to put them in and give as gifts or use as decor in your house or you can sell the flowers back for a profit.
Flowers Available/Sell Back Values
- There are 13 varieties of flowers as of this writing.
- Seeds cost 200 coins each and take 24 hours to grow to maturity.
- NOTE –All flowers sell back for 208 coins with the exception of the Paw Tulip which sells back for 312 coins and the Luscious Lip Turnip which is 230 coins.
Homegrown Blue Pansy
- Homegrown Blue Pansy
- Sells back for 208 Coins.
Homegrown White Lily
- Homegrown White Lily.
- Sells back for 208 Coins.
Homegrown Orange Day lily
- Homegrown Orange Day lily
- Sells back for 208 Coins.
Homegrown Festive Flower
- Homegrown Festive Flower (Released December 2009)
- Seeds cost 450 coins each.
- Sells back for 208 Coins.
Homegrown Paw Tulip
- Homegrown Paw Tulip
- Seeds are no longer available for Purchase.
- Sells back for 312 Coins.
- Homegrown Sunflower
- Sells back for 208 Coins.
Homegrown Red Rose
- Homegrown Red Rose
- Sells back for 208 Coins.
- Homegrown Hibiscus
- Sells back for 208 Coins.
- Homegrown Aquilegia
- Sells back for 208 Coins.
Homegrown Red Celosia
- Homegrown Red Celosia
- Sells back for 208 Coins.
- Homegrown Forget-Me-Not
- Sells back for 208 Coins.
Homegrown Luscious Lip Turnip
- Homegrown Luscious Lip Turnip
- Sells back for 230 Coins.
- Homegrown Jasmine
- Sells back for 208 Coins.
(Hideeni is found in Gizmo’s House)
- Hideeni is a relatively new fun feature added to PS in October of 2009.
- Hideeni is a pesky and fun little creature that shows up in your house, in the stores, in your friends houses while you are visiting.
- If you find Hideeni click on him and this will trigger a message as seen in the image above. A message will be shown on your Facebook home page and if any of your friends click on it, the next time they go into the game they will receive a prize. At the time of this walkthrough the prize is a cute reindeer doll. The prize changes from time to time. Hideeni’s appearance also changes as he will wear different costumes.
- Gifts from Hideeni are always in purple gift boxes shown above.
- The doll you win can not be gifted to friends or neighbors and only 1 per player.
Hideeni February 2010
- In February 2010 Hideeni was given yet another look for the Valentine’s season through the end of February.
- When you find Hideeni you should click on him and you will be prompted to send out up to 12 different colored roses to your Friends and Neighbors via the Live Feeds.
- You will be taken back to your house where you will find a purple gift box with a yellow bow.
- Once you open it you will find one of 12 different Roses.
- Keep any eye on the live feeds to see if you can collect all 12 Roses.
- Rose Colors, White, Black, Red, Peach, Light Blue, Fushia, Purple, Light Green, Light Pink, Light Purple, Gold, and light Yellow.
Pet Society Poo
Poo/Golden Poo/Rainbow Poo
(Gizmo’s Poop Vault)
(Gizmo’s Prized collection Rainbow and Golden Poo)
- If your pet gets dirty with lower than 50% on the hygiene meter and full meters on the happiness and health meters your pet will actually poo in the house or a neighbor’s home. (The neighbor won’t see it…only you will.)
- If your pet poos you can click on it for 1 coin. If you open your chest and drag the poo into it you can carefully use it in a scene if you wish. NOTE – (!) Make sure the chest is open before you touch the poo or it will turn into a coin.
- As an added level of fun your pet can also poo a golden poo or a rainbow poo. These are VERY rare in the game and hard to get.
- Golden Poo – If you get a golden poo and click on it you will earn 10 coins.
- Rainbow Poo – If you get a rainbow poo and click on it you will earn 100 coins.
- The Rainbow poo and Golden poo are in high demand and you can usually sell it or trade it in the forums. (See advanced topics/trading below for more details.)
- NOTE: Your pet will not make a regular poo if you already have 3 regular poos in your house and/or chest.
- If you want your pet to keep pooing, make sure you don’t reach this maximum (you can always give them to a neighbor as a gift, or you can sell them to the shop or recycle).
- Regular Poo
- Sells back for 1 Coin
- Recycles for 1 Recycle Point
- Maximum of 3 in your Chest and pet will stop Pooing.
- Can be gifted to friends.
Golden Poo (Rare)
- Golden Poo
- Rare – Hard to get by luck only.
- Recycles for 1 Recycle point.
- Sells back for 10 coins.
- Maximum of 3 in your chest.
Rainbow Poo (Very Rare)
- Rainbow Poo
- Extremely Rare and hard to get.
- Recycles for 1 Recycle point.
- Sells back for 100 coins.
- Maximum of 1 per chest.
(Zebo and his Nannybot)
- When you start the game you are given 1 free battery which lasts for 3 days in your Nannybot.
- Nannybots can be purchased in the Gadget Shop OR the Cash Shop for 400 gold coins.
- The batteries to run Nannybot can only be purchase from the Cash shop for 3 or 7 days of use at a time.
- Battery Cost – 3 days/4 Cash shop coins. 7 Days/7 Cash Shop Coins.
- NOTE – While it is nice to have the Nannybot care for your pet, you will NOT earn coins for these actions if you use a Nannybot.
- The Nannybot only stays in one room of your house but keeps the meters high at all times it is active.
How to Initiate your Nannybot
(Zebo and his Nannybot)
- Use the free battery given to you when you start the game OR purchase a battery from the Cash Shop Store.
- Drag the battery from your chest to the battery pack area behind the Nannybot.
- The Nannybot will activate and begin to move when battery is inserted correctly.
- To see how much time your Nannybot has until she needs a new battery simply mouse over her at any time or click on the “+” symbol at the lower right corner of the screen.
(Nannybot washing and feeding Zebo)
(Nannybot playing with Sophie)
- The Nannybot performs 3 main actions and that is to keep the 3 meters full by keeping your pet fed, clean and happy.
- Nannybot will shower your pet.
- Nannybot will feed your pet.
- Nannybot will play with (Tickle) your pet.
- NOTE – You will NOT earn coins for these actions with a Nannybot you must perform them yourself to earn the coins.
- Nannybots do not work on your neighbor’s pets and do not leave your house.
- If you do not want to use your Nannybot or can’t get replacement batteries simply put her in your chest until you plan to use her again.
(Sophie fishing in her Pro Fishing Gear)
- There is a fishing pole inside your chest from the beginning of the game which can not be sold or recycled.
- There are over 100 types of fish you can catch in the game and each fish requires a specific bait or fish biscuit to catch it.
- Go to the pond by either walking outside to it or clicking on the “Pond” icon on the Globe Menu.
- When you are there you will be prompted to choose your bait. Click on the item and it will appear on your line.
- Click on your pet to cast the line into the water.
Best Method to Catch a Fish
(Sophie catches a Turkeyfish)
- Cast your line into the water and wait for the sound to stop.
- When you hear the first splash hold down your left mouse button until you hear another splash and then let up on the mouse button.
- Wait until you hear another splash and hold down the left mouse button again and when you hear another splash let up on the button.
- Alternate this button on button off pattern until you catch the fish.
- It is a good idea to turn the volume up while fishing so you can hear the splashing sounds.
Pro Fishing Gear (Cash Shop Purchase)
(Purchase the Hat, Vest and Glove for Pro Fishing in the Cash Shop)
- NOTE – You can purchase fishing gear that the pet in the image above is wearing. These items give you several advantages and can only be purchased in the cash shop with cash shop currency.
- Fishing Hat – Wearing this hat insures that you only catch fish and not debris or garbage.
- Fishing Glove – This increases the speed of your fishing.
- Fishing Vest – This decreases the likelihood of catching the same fish two times in a row.
- Wearing all 3 of the Pro fishing items will allow you to catch special fish no one else can.
- In the cash shop you can purchase fish biscuits which allow you to catch special fish.
- Some of the fish glow in the dark and some have holiday themes as seen in the images above.
Fish that Get Away
- If you are fishing and the line starts to turn red you are losing your fish.
- Try to get control back by holding down the mouse button when you hear the splash.
- If you wait too long your bait will float away and will be lost forever.
- You will see the message shown in second image above.
Fish and Baits needed (Facebook Fishing only)
- Basic Fish and the baits used to catch them are listed here.
- Since new fish are added weekly this list may not contain all fish available.
- Holiday fish can be caught with the Holiday fish biscuits in the Cash shop.
- Unless you are using Pro Fishing Gear (Hat,vest and glove listed above) you can also catch garbage and debris in the pond. (See image)
- If you catch garbage or Debris items you can keep them and use as decor or recycle for points.
Non-Fish Items (Bait for)
- Bait for Non-Fish Items
- Broken Wheel – Coconut Half (From Shop)
- Broken Pottery – Strawberry and Watermelon (Slice)
- Conch Shell – Pizza, Watermelon or Pear.
- Coral – Mocha, Rare Steak
- Empty Bottle – Courgette, Melon.
- Fish Bones – Pear, Broccoli, Watermelon and Popcorn.
- Message in a Bottle – Lemon, Pear, and Grapes.
- Old Boot – Orange Juice.
- Sea Star Baby Doll – Melon, Pear, Pizza Slice, Onion, Strawberry Soft Serve.
- Sea Urchin -Apple, Bread, Cheese, Cheeseburger, Coconut Half, Pizza Slice
- Seaweed – Biscuit, Cauliflower.
- Amber (No Image) – Banana
- Blue Sea Urchin Shell (No Image) – Lemon Croissant (Buy from Cafe)
- Clam with Pearl (No Image) – Carrot (Shop) and Samosa.
- Rusted Anchor (No Image) – Broccoli.
- Sea Anemone – (No Image) – Watermelon.
- Sea Slug – (No Image) – Apple (Food Shop), Baklava (Cafe)
- A. Altum Angelfish – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Apple pie, Biscotti, Blueberry Muffin, Corn, Carrot, Strawberry Donut, Strawberry Milk, Lemon, Milk, Onion, Cheese,Popcorn, Rare steak, grapes, Baby Bottle, and Ice Blended Coffee.
- B. Applefish – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – This fish can be caught with the apple bought from the food store or with the Homegrown Apple.
- C. Bananafish –Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – This fish can be caught with the banana from the food store or the homegrown banana.
- D. Blowfish – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Apple, Banana, Broccoli, Carrot, Lemon, Melon, Pink Donut, Homegrown Pet Drake, Strawberry and Watermelon.
- E. Bluegill – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Apple, Banana, Biscuit, Bone, Blueberry Muffin, Carrot, Cauliflower, Corn, Hot Dog, Lemon, Maple Syrup, Melon, Strawberry, Milk and Watermelon.
- F. Blue Ram – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Apple, Cheese, Leek, Lemon, Watermelon, Pink Donut, Rare Steak and Strawberry.
- G.Carp – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Apple, Blueberry Muffin, Cauliflower, Chocolate Soft Serve, Corn, Ice Blended Juice, Onion, Watermelon, Leek, Pink Donut, Yellow Ribbon Cupcake, Pear, and Rare Steak.
- H. Cheesefish – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – This fish can only be caught using cheese.
- I. Chocolatefish – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – This fish can only be caught using the chocolate heart sold in the food store as bait.
- J. Clownfish – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Apple, Broccoli, Pink Donut, Corn, Grapes, Maple Syrup, Melon, Onion, Pear, Strawberry, Rare Steak and Strawberry Soft Serve.
- K. Clownloach – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Banana (shop), Lemon, Grapes, Chocolate or Pink Donut, Cheese, Watermelon (slice), Broccoli, Rare Steak, or Strawberry.
- L. Coconutfish – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – This fish can only be caught using a homegrown coconut as bait.
- M. Crab – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Blueberry Muffin, Milk, Onion, Corn, Pineapple, or Pear.
- N. Cupcakefish –Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – This fish can only be caught with a homegrown cupcake as bait.
- O. Dogfish (Shark) – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Cheeseburger, Melon.
- P. Flounder – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Apple, Blueberry Muffin, Carrot, Cauliflower, Cheeseburger, Donuts, Chocolate Milk, Courgette, Corn, Grapes, Lemon, Loaf of Bread, Meatball, Melon, White Ribbon Cupcake, Popcorn and Strawberry.
- Q. Frontosa – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Apple, Blueberry Muffin, Loaf of Bread, Cauliflower, Carrot, Cheese, Grapes, Coconut, Corn, Leek, Lemon, Meatball, Onion, Pear, Pineapple and Pink Donut.
- R. Golden Butterflyfish – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Apple, Candy Corn, Carrot, Strawberry, Grapes, Cheese, Lemon, Pizza (slice only), Watermelon, Banana, Rotten Vegetable.
- S. Green Discus – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Corn, Carrot, and Donuts.
- T. Lemonfish – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Lemons from the shop can only be used as bait for this fish.
- U. Lovefish – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Pink Donut, Apple and Samosa.
- V. Loverootfish – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – This fish can only be caught with the homegrown Love root and beetroot (Sweetheart Root).
- W. Octopus – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – This fish can be caught with the white 100 coin bone from the food shop and Pear.
- X. Orangefish – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – This fish can only be caught using the Homegrown Orange as bait.
- Y. Paddlefish – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Apple, Blueberry Cupcake, Mocha, Pineapple, Yellow Ribbon Cupcake.
- Z. Piranha –Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Only Rare Steak from the Food shop can be used to catch this fish.
- AA. Puppyfish –Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – White Bone – This fish can only be caught with the white 100 coin bone in the food shop.
- BB. Sardine – Sells for 4 coins an recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Celery, Corn, Apple (homegrown), Cherry (Homegrown), Milk, Salami and Chocolate Poo. (No longer in stores rare food. (See rare foods)
- CC. Schooling Bannerfish –Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Croissant (Bought in the Cafe Shop) Pink Donut, Lemon, Rare Steak, Apple, Grapes, Strawberry, Watermelon Slice.
- DD. Seahorse – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Carrot (Food Shop)
- EE. Sheepfish – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Cauliflower and Pear.
- FF. Shrimp – Sells for 4 coins and recycles for 30 recycle points. Can not be gifted.
- Bait – Coconut Half, Corn, Onion, Pineapple, Pizza Slice, Rare Steak.
NOTE – All fish below sell for 4 coins and can be recycled for 30 recycle points. Fish can not be gifted.
- GG. Silver Arowana – Blueberry Muffin, Cheeseburger, Strawberry Soft Serve, Yellow Ribbon Cupcake.
- HH. Spotted Bass –Cauliflower.
- II. Squid – Birthday Cake (2000 coins), Apple (Homegrown),Cupcake (Homegrown), Watermelon. TIP- Do not purchase the Birthday Cake to use as Bait.
- JJ. Strawberry Donutfish – Pink Donut.
- KK. Strawberryfish – Strawberry.
- LL. Strawberryshortcakefish – Homegrown Strawberry Shortcake.
- MM. Watermelonfish – Watermelon (Entire Melon not the slice)
Additional Fish and Baits Required (No Image Available)
- NOTE –all the fish sell back for 4 coins and can be recycled for 30 recycle points.
- None of the fish can be gifted.
- African Butterflyfish – Halloween and Christmas Candy Canes. (2008 Christmas Candy Canes are Rare Foods. (See Rare Foods Below.)
- Birthdaycake Fish – Birthday Cake (Entire Cake costs 2000 coins. Very Difficult to Catch)
- Black Ghost Knifefish – Rare Steak.
- Catfish – Milk
- Chestnutfish – Mont Blanc Cake or Homegrown Chestnuts
- Chocolate Donut fish – Chocolate Donut.
- Clown Knifefish – Apple (Food Shop)
- Coelacanth – Pumpkin cookies NOTE – Must be wearing all of the Pro Fishing Gear to catch this fish.
- Elephantnose Fish – Cheese, Coconut Juice, Apple (Homegrown)
- Flying Fish – NOTE – Must be wearing all of the Pro Fishing Gear to catch this fish with an Apple (Homegrown or Food Shop.)
- Golden White Cloud – Bug Jello, Chocolate Donut, Pet Drake (Homegrown), Lemon.
- Jack’O Lantern Fish – Halloween Cake or Pumpkin (Homegrown)
- Longbill Spearfish – NOTE – Pet must be wearing all of the Pro Fishing Gear to catch this fish with a Lemon as bait.
- Macaroonfish – Birthday Cake (2000 coins), Carrot, Chocolate Donut, Lemon, Melon, Strawberry. TIP – Do not waste money on the Cake.
- Masked Butterflyfish – NOTE – Pet must be wearing all of the Pro Fishing Gear to catch this fish with a food shop apple as bait.
- Mola Mola – NOTE – Pet must be wearing all of the Pro Fishing Gear to Catch this fish with a Watermelon Slice as bait.
- Mosquitofish – Pumpkin (Food Shop)
- Paradise Fish – Bone (100 Coin Bone) or Strawberry.
- Pink Heartfish – Pink Donut, Strawberry, Apple or Onion.
- Pretzelfish – Soft Pretzel.
- Red Demekin Goldfish – Corn, Eyeball Candy,Orange (Homegrown), Strawberry.
- Red Salmon – Pear or Carrots. (Food Shop)
- Star Fish – Bone (Brown), Chocolate Donut, Corn, Cupcake, Apple (Homegrown), Pear, Pineapple, Sorbet Paradise, Whole Pizza.
- Teddy Fish – Possible this may be caught with a homegrown Petdrake in addition to Cash Shop Fish Biscuit.
- Turkeyfish – Whole Roasted Turkey or Whole Pumpkin Pie.
- Watermelonfish – Watermelon.
Fish that require Fish Biscuits from the Cash shop
NOTE – New Fish are Added Weekly.
- Biscuit Fish
- Black Angelfish
- Blue Betta
- Clown Triggerfish
- Daifuku Mochifish
- Green Gummifish
- Jellyfish (Glows in the Dark)
- Lilac Starletfish (Glows in the Dark)
- Lionfish (Glows in the Dark)
- Pink Ribbonfish (Glows in the Dark)
- Pink Starletfish (Glows in the Dark)
- Pink Seahorse (Glows in the Dark)
- Tancho Pearlscale (Glows in the Dark)
- Teddyfish (Some reports this fish can also be caught with Homegrown Petdrake)
16 Halloween Fish Biscuits
(These Biscuits are no longer available for purchase as of November 2009)
- Black Kittenfish
- Scary Clownfish
- Scary Maskfish
Holiday Fish Biscuits Christmas 2009
(These Biscuits are available for purchase in the Cash Shop (for 4 Cash Shop coins) through December 28th, 2009)
- Gold Starfish
- Santa Hatfish
- Colorful Baubelfish
- Mince Piefish
- Santa Sackfish
- Snow Ballfish
- Pine Conefish
- Yule Logfish
- Pink Tinselfish
- Present Boxfish
- Festive Treefish
- Blue Tinselfish
- Aquariums can be purchased in the Garden shop and come in 3 sizes and are also sold with holiday themes.
- Aquariums will move into your inventory chest after purchase.
- You can also use the non-fish items as decor in or around your aquariums.
Setting up your Aquariums
- After you are finished fishing the fish will move into your inventory chest.
- Drag the aquarium to the location of your choice.
- Drag the fish from your open chest to the center of the aquarium while the chest is open.
- Close the chest and the fish will begin to swim.
- NOTE – Some fish glow in the dark so you may wish to place a light switch next to the aquarium.
- Racing is a fun way to keep your pet happy and to earn extra money.
- Go to the Stadium by clicking on the Stadium icon or walking to it outside of your Pet’s to the West.
- Once inside choose between Regular Races, Pro Race, Practice, and Betting.
Regular Stadium Racing
- Regular races can be run 10 times every 24 hours.
- If your pet wins a race he will be awarded 30 coins.
- If your pet places second or third there are no coins awarded.
- You can choose which pets you want to race against by clicking on the “+” or “-” along side the other 2 pets so you can choose who your race.
- You will see your other friend’s Pets sitting in the audience during the race cheering you on.
How to Race in the Regular Races
- At the beginning of the race you will notice one of your Friend’s pets holding the starting flag.
- If you make a false start the race will start over.
- Once you see the word “GO” click on your pet and they will start to run.
- Obstacles –
- Banana Peels – In the regular races there are banana peels all over the track in each racing pet’s lane.
- Click on a banana peel to move it out of the way or your pet will slip on it and fall losing valuable time.
- NOTE – Some of the banana peels will turn into coins when you click on them and add to your cash total.
- It is up to you if you want to click on the other pet’s banana peels at the chance of gaining coins as if they do not slip they could beat you in the race.
- Hurdles – Next there are hurdles throughout the race. Jump over the hurdle by clicking on your pet. NOTE – Anytime you click on your pet during a race EXCEPT when you begin running and are on a speed track the pet will jump up and back down.
- TIP –Try not to jump except when jumping over hurdles as this will slow your pet down.
- Water Trap – After each hurdle is an area of water that slows your pet down a little after they jump a hurdle.
- TIP – Clicking the mouse when a pet lands here sometimes helps them cross over the water areas faster. This takes some practice but is very helpful if you can master it.
- Speed Track – The blue tracks will give your pet a significant speed boost if you click on your pet just as he steps in the center of the speed track. If you do this correctly the track will turn green. If incorrect it will turn yellow or red.
- Practice timing your clicks on the speed tracks as they are a great way to increase your chances of winning.
- Your pet can trip over hurdles, slip on banana peels and get stuck briefly in the water slowing them down.
- TIP – Use the practice feature of the races before you begin racing for money.
- TROPHY – You will earn a bronze, silver or gold trophy if you win 10, 100 or 250 regular stadium races in the game.
- Click on the “Practice” feature in the main menu.
- Here you can choose 2 neighbors to practice racing against.
- NOTE – You will not win money or credit toward earning your racing trophy here.
- Practice here before you begin racing for prize money.
- Pro Racing can only be done 1 time per 24 hours.
- You will race against 2 of the neighbors of your choice.
- Choose who you will race against by clicking on the “+” or “-” signs along each pet to scroll through your neighbors.
Features of Pro Racing
- In the Pro Race the winner earns 200 gold coins.
- 2ND and 3rd Place do not win any coins.
- Instead of Bananas there are cones on the track which you must click on to move out of the way.
- The hurdles are red and higher than the regular race hurdles.
- NOTE – Pet’s MUST own the Pro Racing suit to race in a Pro Race. (See Below)
- This suit allows them to jump extra high and move faster.
- TROPHIES – You can win a bronze, silver or Gold Trophy for winning 3, 10 or 30 Pro Races in the Game.
Special Pro Racing Suit
- You must purchase the Pro Racing Outfit to Race in the Daily Pro Race.
- These items can be purchased in the Cash Shop for Cash Shop Currency or in the Clothing Store.
- Vest – 15 Cash Shop Coins. Advantage – Jump Higher and Farther while wearing this vest.
- Shorts – 15 Cash Shop Coins. Advantage – Gives a maximum speed boost while wearing the shorts.
- Shoes – 15 Cash shop Coins. Advantage – Wear these shoes to avoid all banana peels and cones while on the racing track.
Betting on Races
- You can bet on races in Pet Society.
- Click on the “Bet” icon on the main Race Menu.
- You will see a screen like the image above.
- Choose one of the 3 races by clicking on their picture.
- Then at the bottom you can bet 5 to 500 coins. Use the “+” or “-” to scroll the amount up or down and then hit the green button to begin.
- Watch the race on your screen.
- If the player you chose wins the race you will double the amount of your bet.
- You will earn a bronze, silver or Gold trophy if you place 10, 100, or 300 winning bets in the game.
- There are over 50 trophies available you can earn in the game.
- Once you earn your first trophy it will be bronze. When you earn your next level that trophy will turn silver and then gold.
- Trophies can be displayed in cases or kept in your chest.
- When you earn a trophy you get a small coin bonus and your trophy will move into your chest the first time you earn it and if it is out in your house it will change colors if you earn the next trophy in the series.
Trophies in the Game
- Pet about Town – Make 25 visits to friends. (Bronze Trophy)
- Vizier of Visits – Make 100 visits to friends. (Silver Trophy)
- Social Whirlwind – Make 300 visits to friends. (Gold Trophy)
- Playing Softball – Pass the ball back and forth 15 times. (Bronze Trophy)
- Playing Hardball – Pass the ball back and forth 30 times. (Silver Trophy.)
- Pro Baller – Pass the ball back and forth 50 times or more. (Gold Trophy)
- Safe Hands – Catch the Frisbee 10 times without missing. (Bronze Trophy)
- Kaiser of Catch – Catch the Frisbee 25 times without missing. (Silver Trophy)
- Ultimate Frisbee Player – Catch the Frisbee 40 or more times without missing. (Gold Trophy)
- Roped In – Jump the rope 20 times without missing. (Bronze Trophy)
- Junior Jumper – Jump the rope 50 times without missing. (Silver Trophy)
- Skipping Superstar – Jump the rope 100 times without missing. (Gold Trophy)
- Window Shopper – Spend 500 coins in the shops. (Bronze Trophy)
- Mall Rat – Spend 3,000 coins in the shops. (Silver Trophy)
- Big Spender – Spend 10,000 coins in the shops. (Gold Trophy)
- Cap Collector – Buy 3 hats. (Bronze Trophy)
- Head Honcho – Buy 10 hats. (Silver Trophy)
- Mad Hatter – Buy 30 or more hats. (Gold Trophy)
- Shirt Collector – Buy 3 shirts. (Bronze Trophy)
- Shirt lover – Buy 10 shirts. (Silver Trophy)
- Shirt Aficionado – Buy 30 shirts. (Gold Trophy)
- Trouser Browser – Buy 3 pairs of leg wear. (Bronze Trophy)
- Rack of Slacks – Buy 10 pairs of leg wear (Silver Trophy)
- Chino Supremo – Buy 30 or more pairs of leg wear. (Gold Trophy)
- Shoe Collector – Buy 3 pairs of shoes. (Bronze Trophy)
- Boot Buyer – Buy 10 pairs of shoes (Silver Trophy)
- Footwear Fetish – Buy 30 or more pairs of shoes. (Gold Trophy)
- Arms Race – Buy 3 arm accessories. (Bronze Trophy)
- Tangles of Bangles – Buy 10 arm accessories (Silver Trophy)
- King of Bling – Buy 30 arm accessories (Gold Trophy)
- Generous Gifter – Send 5 Gifts to your friends. (Bronze Trophy)
- Selfless Sender – Send 25 gifts to your friends. (Silver Trophy)
- Santa Claus – Send 50 gifts to your friends. (Gold Trophy)
- Hedge Hopper – Win 10 races in the Stadium Hurdles Races (Bronze Trophy)
- Rooster Booster – Win 25 races in the Stadium Hurdles Races (Silver Trophy)
- Jet Jumper – Win 250 races in the Stadium Hurdles Races (Gold Trophy)
- Beginner’s Luck – Bet on the winning pet 10 times in the Stadium. (Bronze Trophy)
- Better Better – Bet on the winning pet 100 times in the Stadium. (Silver Trophy)
- Lucky Star – Bet on the winning pet 300 times in the Stadium (Gold Trophy)
- Eco Concsious – Earn 5,000 recycle points. (Bronze Trophy)
- Environmentalist – Earn 20,000 recycle points. (Silver Trophy)
- Eco Warrior – Earn 100,000 recycle points. (Gold Trophy)
- Green Fingers – Grow 9 Plants – (Bronze Trophy)
- Sow far Sow Good – Grow 50 plants. (Silver Trophy)
- Welcome to the Jungle – Grow 500 or more plants. (Gold Trophy)
- Sticky Fingers – Collect 5 Sticker Collections in Bronze. (Bronze Trophy)
- You Stuck it Out – Collect 5 Sticker Collections in Silver. (Silver Trophy)
- Midas Touch – Collect 5 Sticker Collections in Gold. (Gold Trophy)
- Pro Bronze Medalist – Win 3 Pro Races in the Stadium (Bronze Trophy)
- Pro Silver Medalist – Win 10 Pro Races in the Stadium (Silver Trophy)
- Pro Gold Medalist – Win 30 Pro Races in the Stadium (Gold Trophy)
Mystery Shop Items
- Go to the Mystery Store and scroll to the Right until you see the Mystery Boxes.
- There are 3 sizes of Mystery Boxes (MB)
- Cheap/Small Mystery Box – 50 coins/Red Box.
- Regular/Medium Mystery Box – 200 Coins/Blue Box.
- Expensive/Large Mystery Box – 500 Coins/Yellow Box
- Click on the box you wish to purchase and then choose the amount with the “+” and “-” symbols.
- Hit the Green Button to submit and all boxes purchased will immediately move into your chest.
- Mystery Boxes can be gifted and are a very common form of trading in the game. (See Trading Advanced Topics)
- When you are ready to open drag the box to the floor or give it directly to your pet and he/she will open it.
- TIP – It’s easiest if you buy a large quantity at a time to pull them all out on the floor at once.
- TIP – Your pet will do a little dance after opening a gift or a mystery box and this can take a lot of time if you have many boxes to open. As soon as the pet begins to do the dance, immediately click on your chest to stop this action and your pet will move on to the next item to open.
Magnificent Mystery Box
- The Magnificent Mystery Box was added to the Mystery Shop in January of 2010.
- These boxes contain the most beautiful and rare Pet Society Items that can not be found in stores.
- They cost 5 Cash shop coins and can by found in the Mystery Shop and in the Cash shop.
- The items inside the box will change periodically.
- Mystery eggs are special eggs sold in the Mystery shop and sometimes in the Garden Shop for special collections in the game.
- Some collections make small scenes that move when you click on them and some machines give your pet items they can use to make special scenes in the game out of one of their rooms.
- Click on a Mystery Egg machine and enter in the amount of eggs you wish to purchase.
- The eggs will automatically enter into your inventory chest where you will drag them to your pet and your pet will open them one at a time.
- The items inside the eggs can be sold back for less than the original purchase price or recycled.
- The items in the mystery eggs can be gifted to your neighbors.
- A. Autumn Fairy Mystery Egg – 600 Coins. Here you will find items that you can use to build an Autumn fairy scene with your pet. Items such as wallpaper, furniture, and clothing are found in these eggs.
- B. Toy Mystery Egg – 350 Coins. Here you will find items that build various scenes with cars, helicopters, ships and spaceships.
- C. Faerie Mystery Egg – 350 Coins. Here you will find Faerie items such as clothing, furniture, wallpaper and items that make a Faerie scene for your pet.
- D. Fairy Tale Mystery Egg – 350 Coins – Here you will find items that build various fairy tale scenes including “wizard of Oz” and “Rapunzel”
- E. Food Booth Mystery Egg – 600 Coins. Here you will find food items such as lemonade, ice cream, candy and shops to sell them in.
- F. Fortune Mystery Egg – 600 Coins – Here you will find items such as crystal balls, tents, clothing, tables and items to make your pet a fortune teller.
- G. Holiday Tree Ornament Egg – (Seasonal Only Until Dec. 27th, 2009) 200 Coins. Here you will find various Christmas Tree ornaments you can put on the pet society Christmas Trees.
- In the Mystery shop you can purchase Magic food and Potions that have a fun effect on your pet for a specified amount of time.
- Each potion lasts a specified amount of time in the chest and on your pet as an effect. Check the bottom right corner of the screen where you see the “+” sign. Click here to see how much time your potion has until it is disabled.
- A. Fireworks Potion – 750 Coins. This potion will stay in your chest for 14 days. Give it to your pet and once it is eaten firework special effects will come from your pet for 3 days. Drinking “Effect Away” will reverse this process if needed.
- B. Golden Glitter Apple – 200 Coins. This Apple will stay in your chest 14 days after it is purchased. Once your pet eats the apple golden sparks will fly from your pet for 3 days. Give your pet “Effect Away” to reverse this magic food’s effect if needed.
- C. Love Potion – 500 Coins. This potion will stay in your chest for 14 days after it is purchased. Once your pet drinks this potion red hearts will come from your pet for 3 days. Give your pet “Effect Away” to reverse this potion if needed.
- D. Blue Bubble Potion – 400 Coins. This Potion will stay in your chest for 14 days after it is purchased. Once your pet drinks this potion blue bubbles will come from your pet for 3 days. Give your pet “Effect Away” to reverse this potion.
- E. Pink Bubble Potion – 400 Coins. This potion will stay in your chest for 14 days after it is purchased. Once your pet drinks this potion pink bubbles will come from your pet for 3 days. Give your pet “Effect Away” to reverse this potion.
- F. Effect Away – 10 Coins. This drink reverses the effect of all potions and magic foods in the game.
WWF/World Wildlife Fund Charities
- Pet Society has teamed up with the WWF – World Wildlife Fund and donates 25% of the profits earned by the purchase of special items in the Cash Shop that change every few weeks.
- The item in the image above is an ice block that melts into ice shaped figurines and after awhile melts again into animal figurines that can be used as decor around the house.
- The items are always animal themed and in the past have included Snow leopard, Penguin and Polar Bear dolls, shirts, balloons and posters for use in your Pet’s home.
Turn out the Lights
- If you purchase a light switch in the gadget shop you can turn out the lights in your pet’s room.
- Place the switch on the wall and click on it and the pet will walk up and turn it on or off.
- Many of the items in the game now glow in the dark.
- Make sure you have a light switch in each room.
- Each pet has a sticker collection.
- Sticker are sent to you by friends and neighbors.
- When you receive stickers they appear as a gold packet (Seen in image above)
- Click on the package to have your pet open it. You will see all of the stickers sent to you by friends. (Shown above)
- To access your sticker collection click on the icon at the bottom that looks like two playing cards.
Inside Sticker Album
- Click on the upper arrow tab to open the sticker album.
- The album is divided into several categories
- The stickers your friends have sent you will be at the bottom of the screen.
- If green is surrounding the sticker it can be used in the album.
- If pink is surrounding the sticker it has already been placed in the album and must be recycled.
- Sticker can NOT be gifted or sold back.
- Each Sticker has a bronze, silver or gold border.
- Collecting all of the bronze stickers in a category would count as 1 completed collection.
- You must complete 5 collections in bronze, silver or gold to earn a trophy.
- To recycle a sticker click on it and drag it to the recycle symbol at the lower left of the screen.
- Each sticker based on whether it is bronze silver or gold recycles for a different amount of points.
- Bronze Stickers – 132 Recycle Points.
- Silver Stickers – 264 Recycle Points.
- Gold Stickers – 528 Recycle Points.
- Once you have 1,320 recycle points you have earned a new bronze sticker. Click on the image when it appears and the sticker will appear in your chest. It is a random sticker and may or may not be one you need in your collection.
- Once you have 2,640 recycle points you have earned a new Silver sticker. Click on the image when it appears and the silver sticker will appear in your chest. It is a random silver sticker and may or may not be one you need in your collection. If you do not need it you can recycle it.
- Once you have 5,280 recycle points you have earned a new Gold Sticker. Click on the image when i appears and the sticker will appear in your chest. It is a random Gold Sticker and may or may not be one you need in your collection.
Sending Sticker to Friends and Receiving Stickers from Friends
- To send stickers click on the golden pack seen in the top image.
- You will be taken to a screen with a list of all of your pet society friends.
- You can type in the name or search on the list for those you would like to send to.
- You can send 35 stickers per day and can receive an unlimited amount.
- When you go into your Facebook application click on “Home” then look for “Pet Society Gifts”
- Here you will see the stickers others have sent to you.
- Click on the icon and you will be taken to the screen seen above to accept the stickers.
- When you go into the game the sticker pack will be waiting on you to open and place in your sticker album.
Cooking in Pet Society
Cooking in Pet Society
- Cooking in Pet Society was introduced in December of 2009.
- Now you will be able to cook various foods and sell them for a profit.
- Look for the Cookbook at the bottom of the control panel seen circled above.
- Inside you will find various recipes and in your inventory you will find a cooking stove.
Pay to Learn Recipes
- Click “Learn” to add recipes to your book.
- To cook an item (You can only cook 1 item at a time) click on the green “cook” button under each recipe.
- Note the cooking time each item requires before you begin.
- Once you start cooking you can open the cookbook and see the remaining cooking time under the food you are making OR you can mouse over the cookbook icon in your control panel at any time and it will tell you how much time is left before you can take the food from the oven.
- You can stop by clicking “Cancel” at any time.
- NOTE – Every time you cook a recipe the food it requires must be in your pantry. If it is not the game will purchase the item needed and deduct the cost from your cash tot
- At the top of the book it will tell you what level you have achieved and how many more dishes you need to cook in order to unlock the next level.
Selling Food for Profit/Using as Decor
- When your food is ready the light on the stove will turn green.
- Click on the stove and you will see a message showing your food item has been sent to your inventory chest.
- You can sell your food item, recycle it, or use it in your home for decor.
- Here the Vegetable soup is the first item you can cook in the game.
- Vegetable Soup – 10 minutes, Profit of 1 coin, Sells back for 18 coins and recycles for 110 recycle points.
- For every item you complete you earn “Cooking Points” which unlock new levels.
- For every few dishes you unlock you move up the Cooking levels listed below.
- Novice Chef
- Potato Peeler
- Burger Flipper
- Kitchen Porter
- Apprentice Chef
- Qualified Chef
- Pantry Chef
- Fry Chef
- Grill Chef
- Sous Chef
- Executive Chef
- Pet Society’s Next Top Chef
- TV Chef
- Z List Celebrity Chef
- C List Celebrity Chef
- B List Celebrity Chef
- A List Celebrity Chef
- Petlings were introduced into Pet Society in February of 2010.
- Now your Pet can own up to 5 pets of their own.
- You have the choice of a cat or a dog and several other special animals offered in the Cash Shop.
- Cat – Cost 1000 Coins – Unlocked at level 5
- Dog – Cost 1200 Coins – Unlocked at Level 10.
- Coyote – Cost 2000 Coins
- Tiger – Cost 25 Cash Shop Coins – 10% Proceeds donated to the World Wildlife Fund.
- Petlings are unique and you won’t know what you get until you feed it for the first time.
- They come in 8 different colors with blue or pink collars.
- Petlings are currently found in the Garden Shop.
- Once you purchase your petling it will be found in your inventory chest.
- Drag it out into the room and it will immediately ask you for a specific food.
- Feed the food it asks for and it will immediately transform into a baby kitten or puppy.
- After this you will feed your Petling once every 24 hours for 3 days at which point your petling will be grown.
- Once your Petling is grown up you can purchase another one up to a total of 5.
- After they are grown you still have to feed them once daily giving them only the foods they request.
- If you fail to feed your petling they will run away and you will have to pay a fee of 200 coins to get them back or you can ask your Neighbors via the live feed to help you.
Changing your Petling’s Color
- If you do not like the color of your Petling you have the option of purchasing a special buscuit which has a colored filling.
- If you feed this to your petling they will immediately change to the color of the filling in the bisquit.
- This is a permanent change and if you want to change it back you will need to purchase a second biscuit.
- Biscuits cost 2 Cash shop coins each.
Other Petling Breeds
- Now you can purchase a coyote Petling in the Garden Store for 2000 Coins.
- You can also purchase a Tiger Petling for 25 Cash Shop Coins and 10% of all proceeds will be donated to the World Wildlife Fund.
Feeding your Petling
- You must feed your pet once every 24 hours or it will run away.
- To feed look at what the petling is asking for and purchase that item in the store.
- Each type of Petling will request one of 4 specific foods found in the food store.
- Place the item over or next to the petling and they will eat it and become very happy.
- You can purchase items such as petling bedding in the Garden Store.
- More features expected soon.
Pet Society Forum Trading
- Since the game has been ongoing for over a year there are many items in the game that people do not have that they would like to purchase or trade for.
- In game forums people will post the items they would like to purchase or sell and players arrange for trades.
- The most expensive items in the game are the Princess Bed and Bubble Chair also known as “4999s” They are called this because they cost 15,000 coins in the store and 4999 is the 1/3 sell back value.
- A person may advertise an item as costing 4 x 4999. This means they would send that person 4 Bubble Chairs or 4 Princess Beds in exchange for an item.
- Some items can go for as much as 50 x 4999.
- If two people agree upon a trade they will send each other a Facebook friend request and become (usually temporary) neighbors.
- One person will send an item and the other person will send payment.
- Once the trade has been successfully completed both parties post in the forum that the trade was successful.
- Other items used for trading are Gold Mystery Boxes and you may see people advertising for GMBs in trade for items they are selling.
- Many advanced forums have Safe Trader Lists with strict guidelines to become members of this list.
- If you are deemed a Safe Trader when a trade transaction is initiated those not on the safe trader list MUST send an item to a STL person first.
- Some sites use Moderators to intermediate between trades. This is a good idea if you do not know the person you are trading with or are suspicious they may be trying to scam you.
- If a trade is not successful it could be considered a scam and the forum could ban a person for unfair practices.
TRADING SAFETY TIPS
- Trade in well respected, established trading forums such as Petsociety.com or Pet Society Marketplace located at Facebook.
- There are several people that will try and scam you for your items so be very careful when you begin trading. Scammers love to find people new to trading.
- IF anyone ever contacts you via your facebook inbox to trade delete them and do not trade with them no matter how tempting the deal.
- There are several sites that have fair market asking prices for items.
- Items that are from 2008’s game are called “Rares” These are items that are in high demand and may be expensive to trade for.
- Many forums have mediators that mediate trades. Each person sends the items to the trusted mediator and the mediator sends the correct item to each person. This is ideal if you do not know the person you are trading with.
- Before you trade with someone take a look at their Facebook profile. If they only have 1 or 2 friends and have no profile information or picture do not trade with this individual.
- Each reputable site should have a safe traders list and a scammers list you can refer to before trading.
- If someone scams you Pet Society will not replace any items you have lost so contacting them will not help.
- TRADE at your own risk!
- When done safely trading is a fun part of the game.
Reputable Trading Sites
- Pet Society Marketplace (Facebook) – http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/group.php?gid=38473759174
- Pet Society.Com Forum – http://forum.playfish.com/forumdisplay.php?f=174
- Pet Society Trading World (Facebook) – http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=49010438130
- Pet Society Chatter – http://www.petsocietychatter.com
- Since you can only have 99 of any item in the game at any one time many people participate in “99 Collections”
- The goal is to obtain 99 of certain items that are rare or hard to get in the game in your inventory chest.
- Many people trading on forums are trying to obtain 99 items to complete their Collections.
- If you have more than 99 of an item it will sell back automatically and add to your cash total.
Pet Society Links
Useful Pet Society Sites
- Pet Society Database – http://kogaweb.net/index.php
- (Indexes every item in the game.)
- Pet Society World – http://www.petsocietyworld.com
Pet Society Abbreviations/Special Terminology
- PS – Pet Society
- CC – Cash Coin
- MB – Mystery Box
- GMB – Gold Mystery Box – 500 Coin Box purchased in the Mystery Shop is frequently used in trading for goods of equal value in the game.
- BMB- Blue Mystery Box
- RMB- Red Mystery Box
- FB – Facebook
- F/R or FR – Friend Request
- IS or ISI – In Store or In Store Item
- WTB – Want to Buy
- WTS – Want to Sell
- TWS – This Week’s Special or The Weekly Special
- NTW – New this Week.
- WTT – Want to Trade
- LTT – Looking to Trade
- S/B – Start Bidding
- BUMP – Bumping up my Post
- 4999 – An item that sells back for 4999 that is used for trading and bidding for goods of equal value in the Pet Society Forums. Currently the only 4999s are the Princess Bed and Bubble Chair.
- 999- An item that sells back for 999 and is used for trading items in the forums for goods of equal value
Save your Game!
- Be sure to save your game when you are finished playing for the day.
- Look at the upper right of your screen for the small disc and click on it to save your game.
- Have fun playing Pet Society!