Zynga launches PetVille; a Gamasutra column looks at the legal issues associated with creating clone games and "fan" games; and the New York Times has a feature on the new REO Speedwagon game. These headlines and more below.
- Zynga launches PetVille
- hi5 recruits WildTangent founder Alex St. John as its president
- PlayFirst announces Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets
- Myst: Masterpiece Edition $5.99 on GOG.com
- Playrix launches online version of Gardenscapes
- PopCap launchdes its first Nintendo DSiWare title; Bookworm is available now
- Mind Candy’s Moshi Monsters reaches 10 million players
- Study: 20% of U.S. game spending devoted to MMOs, portals
- Good Game Productions brings free-to-play games to the iPhone and social network sites
- 2BeeGames declares winner of 2nd Indie Game Competition
- Serious Business looks for life beyond Friends for Sale!
- Heyzap tries making plain old casual games more "social"
- ProProfs launches Brain Games: Play or create puzzles and educational games
- Game Developer launches State Of Game Development survey