EA buys Playfish for $300 million; PlayFirst announces Hotel Dash: Suite Success; and the developers of Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor challenges the idea that selling games for cheap is the only way to be competitive on the Apple App Store. These headlines and more below.
- PlayFirst announces latest Dash game, Hotel Dash: Suite Success
- EA buys Playfish for $300 million
- Playdom acquires two companies; raises $43 million
- Class action suit in the works for victims of social gaming scams
- ohai develops and publishes world’s first true massively multiplayer game for social networks
- 2BeeGames announces finalists of 2nd Indie Game Competition
- Disney Interactive Studios releases first downloadable mission for Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force
- PopCap launches free "Blitz" update for Bejeweled 2 for iPhone and iPod Touch
- eGames to distribute The Lost Inca Prophecy at retail stores
- Worst week ever for Zynga
- Busted! "Verified" Facebook app caught scamming users
- Jewel Quest challenge for Facebook: Exclusive First Look!
- Interview with Andrew Lum, Fugazo
- Spider devs on rock-bottom iPhone pricing: "You Don’t Have To Do It"
- The minds behind some of the most addictive games around
- Space of Possibility and Pacing in Casual Game Design – A PopCap Case Study
- Can virtual currencies help bridge the gap between free and paid content?